• 62 results
#1 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Newsarama: Grant, we’re coming right up to the very end of Batman, Incorporated. Your entire Batman epic is ending. What does it feel like now that you’re looking back and seeing everything that you’ve done over the years here?

Grant Morrison: I haven’t even thought of it yet. I’ll get to it when it’s done; the last one isn’t out yet. I really think a lot of people will hate it, because it’s super bleak. It kind of – to a certain extent it destroys the concept of Batman.

So I think a lot of people will not like it. But then a few years will pass, maybe a bit less, several months, and then people will start to say, “oh, this all makes sense.”

But I genuinely think it will cause a slight upset. Maybe if I say that it won’t!

Hmm I'm not sure about this, read the full interview below

Morrison on BATMAN, INC Finale: 'I Think People Will Hate It' | Newsarama.com

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

The sad part of this interview is that he said he made it bleak because every other Batwriter is making things super-bleak again.

#3 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: Yea, I know Grant hates the darkgrim comic stories that started to get popular in the late 80's and he goes out of his way to try and bring the craziness back to comics but it seems like he's saying here "fine, you want it grim, I'll give you all the grimness you want"

#4 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope its really great

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: I think before it ends Batman will kill and that's what he's referring to

#6 Posted by lifeofvibe (3463 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by lifeofvibe (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: im not buying it

i can always read the trade at barnes and noble

#9 Posted by Jayc1324 (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

I love batman inc and I'm sure I will like this issue no matter what happens in it. Unless batman kills talia, which honestly doesn't seem so unlikely right now

#10 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

That Grant Morrison really knows how to sell a book. "Bleak" and "Destroys the concept of Batman." He's like the Billy Mays of comic books.

#11 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I don't think that's it cause in the final book he made out with Talia in the preview.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Seriously, do you really think that Grant will make Batman kill?

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Ya I just thought something horrible was gonna happen but I don't think he'll make Batman kill.

#16 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:

@jonny_anonymous: Seriously, do you really think that Grant will make Batman kill?

If any writer were going to have Batman kill, it would probably be Morrison. And despite some negative things I've said about his work in other threads, I meant that as a compliment. He's never shied away from pushing boundaries or going the extra mile to change the makeup of a story. I fully expect Batman to take a life under Morrison's pen.

#17 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:

If any writer were going to have Batman kill, it would probably be Morrison. And despite some negative things I've said about his work in other threads, I meant that as a compliment. He's never shied away from pushing boundaries or going the extra mile to change the makeup of a story. I fully expect Batman to take a life under Morrison's pen.

I kinda hope he does, I just want to see how pepole react

#18 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: And this is the problem with the amount of bat-books on the shelves right now; Batman killing would be a monumental development in the character, the kind of development that sweeps things like the death of Jason Todd under the rug... but there are so many other writers who would have to simultaneously adapt to this development and make it fit within the stories they're trying to tell, that its effect would be cheapened in the grand scheme of things.

#19 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10147 posts) - - Show Bio
Trolling you with his troll master powers and silver age wackyness

#20 Posted by Jayc1324 (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

Having him kill would totally destroy batmans character. He doesn't kill and there's no reason for him to kill talia. I doubt dc will let him have batman kill.

#21 Posted by viin (566 posts) - - Show Bio

o Morrison how you should of been gone from Batman years ago...

#22 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

The sad part of this interview is that he said he made it bleak because every other Batwriter is making things super-bleak again.

He killed Damian. Kinda hard to blame the fallout of that on other writers. Prior to that, the only bleak-feeling Bat issues in the New 52 were Detective and Dark Knight. And they suck.

Well ok, Death of the Family was kind of bleak.

#23 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

He killed Damian. Kinda hard to blame the fallout issues of that on other writers. Prior to that, the only bleak-feeling Bat issues in the New 52 were Detective and Dark Knight. And they suck.

Damian was meant to die. He's talking about making the ending super-bleak on its own merit.

#24 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to sound mean, but I'm going to laugh my ass off if Morrison's final is a giant "F U" to his loyal readers and the Batman mythos in general. After seven years, what a wonderful payoff that would be.

It must be great to write whatever the hell you want and get worshiped for it regardless.

#25 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

He killed Damian. Kinda hard to blame the fallout issues of that on other writers. Prior to that, the only bleak-feeling Bat issues in the New 52 were Detective and Dark Knight. And they suck.

Damian was meant to die. He's talking about making the ending super-bleak on its own merit.

Yeah, I understand that. I'm saying the recent bleak tone coming from the other bat books has been a reaction to Morrison's choice to kill Damian. I mean, the whole "Requiem" thing was timed so poorly because it came right after "Death of the Family." So we went from "dark" to "really dark."

I just think Morrison is being a little disingenuous when he says he's making the ending bleak because the other books are bleak.

#26 Posted by MasterDetective (822 posts) - - Show Bio

Trolling you with his troll master powers and silver age wackyness

what does Steve Jobs have to do with this?

#27 Posted by RustyRoy (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe everyone will hate it but I'm sure I'm gonna love it, I only wish Morrison stayed a few more years with Batman, maybe he'll come back to him after 2-3 years break.

#28 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Even if batman flat out kills Talia lol? Idk i have mixed feelings about this.

#29 Posted by RustyRoy (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: I love Talia, but not this Talia, she's nothing like the Talia I know so I won't mind him killing her, but I hope he doesn't kill her and something is revealed that she is mind controlled or something like that.

#30 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I wouldn't mind him wounding her knowing she can use Lazerous, but kill I would mind alot.

#31 Edited by havoc1201 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldnt it be so cool if after Morrison is done with INC we get Damian back by Bruce using Talias equipment to clone damian and uses all the mission records he has been watching in Batman and Robin to load damians memories into the clone? I think that would be pretty cool.

#32 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Final Crisis was meant to be upbeat at the end, so Morrison never delivers precisely what we expect :P

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Having him kill would totally destroy batmans character. He doesn't kill and there's no reason for him to kill talia. I doubt dc will let him have batman kill.

Well he says in the intweview that what he has planed destroys the concept of Batman

#34 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jayc1324 said:

Well he says in the intweview that what he has planed destroys the concept of Batman

It's Morrison, that could mean anything. Bruce might achieve a state of consciousness that allows him to traverse the multiverse and space/time, or some such thing. Taking away the concept of Batman as a man who dresses up as a bat.

Morrison has always said that the status quo is king in comics, whatever he does, however brilliant, usually ends in a way that the next writer can easily follow up. I doubt that this will do too much to Batman.

#35 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jayc1324 said:

It's Morrison, that could mean anything. Bruce might achieve a state of consciousness that allows him to traverse the multiverse and space/time, or some such thing. Taking away the concept of Batman as a man who dresses up as a bat.

Morrison has always said that the status quo is king in comics, whatever he does, however brilliant, usually ends in a way that the next writer can easily follow up. I doubt that this will do too much to Batman.

Supposing he does end it with Bruce killing what would you think?

#36 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@jayc1324 said:

Supposing he does end it with Bruce killing what would you think?

Wouldn't be thrilled lol I'm sure there'd be a good reason, but still won't be over the moon happy

I'm not that big of an Inc fan in general. Why it's taken me so long to read it. I consider his Batman run separate to his Inc run.

#37 Posted by TDK_1997 (14656 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt the fact that I will hate it but at least the second volume of Morrison's Batman Inc has been better than the first one.It's Grant so I have a great feeling about everything.

#38 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10147 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by entropy_aegis (15103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping he f*cks up so bad that the other writers spend the next few years trying to undo it.

#40 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17827 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping he f*cks up so bad that the other writers spend the next few years trying to undo it.

what? lol why?

#41 Posted by entropy_aegis (15103 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

what? lol why?

It'll be hilarious,might even prompt me to start reading Snyder's Batman.

#42 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17827 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@entropy_aegis said:

what? lol why?

It'll be hilarious,might even prompt me to start reading Snyder's Batman.

heh :P, knowing grant though, he won't f*ck up :D

#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10147 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: A person in here made the bizarre comment that Grant Morrison was Steve Jobs.

I have to point who he is.

I am the only one that belive he has being trying to do this too hard and fails.

Grant Morrison cant destroy Batman, he is better when he is not triying so hard to do this.

#45 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya, this definitely ends in Bruce killing...

#46 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: so did we ever find out who pumps up the Batmobile tires?

"Just answer the damn question Morrison!"

#47 Edited by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

It can't be worse than Slott's crimes against Spiderman!

jkjkjk just kidding, though I can't believe nobody's said anything about Slott yet.

#48 Edited by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio
@reignmaker said:

This is going to sound mean, but I'm going to laugh my ass off if Morrison's final is a giant "F U" to his loyal readers and the Batman mythos in general. After seven years, what a wonderful payoff that would be.

It must be great to write whatever the hell you want and get worshiped for it regardless.

DC can say FU back:

Get Hal to go bother an indigo tribe member to channel black lantern powers, or just get the black lantern ring back himself, raise Damien, then have Kyle resurrect him ... Take that Grant, Take that!!!!

Granted, whoever writes that story will forever be watching their own back!

#49 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10147 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison awnser to everything.

In other words i have no idea and i di it for the lulz.

It must be Jason Todd the Red Hair version.

#50 Posted by RustyRoy (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

@breadspread said:

Morrison awnser to everything.

In other words i have no idea and i di it for the lulz.

It must be Jason Todd the Red Hair version.

This meme has become my personal favorite.