#1 Posted by Captain13 (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

But he probably never will.

Michael Jai White should be a more popular action star... And he'll never get a chance at Wayne because he's not white, but, damn, that's how batman should fight. Too bad most American actors don't know martial arts.

#2 Posted by chrisj_1 (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. Now that is how Batman should be fighting in these movies.

#3 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: what is it with this current obsession with batman actors know MA? how does that improve the movie? most MA cant act to save their lives. white included and that guy that played darth maul.

#4 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

We found our Black Panther

#5 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

He played Gambol in TDK and Spawn.

@thetimestreamer said:

@captain13: what is it with this current obsession with batman actors know MA? how does that improve the movie? most MA cant act to save their lives. white included and that guy that played darth maul.

Most of hollywood actors cant throw a punch and they cant act either.

Also the fact the actor can do most o his stunts means better stunts, that means better action and that means a better movie.

This are 3 guys that can do both and people will cry for the fact they are asian, the reason why asian are making into Hollywood is because they can do both and they care to be actors more that celebrities, since they got from another industry they never get touch for Hollywood they can do both.

Andy On

Andy On was born on May 11, 1976, in Providence, Rhode Island. A non-martial artist, Andy had always loved Jackie Chan movies and emulated his moves from flips and kicks at his home.

Jason Scott Lee

Of Hawaiian and Chinese descent, Jason Scott Lee was born in Los Angeles, California, but raised in Hawaii from the age of two. His interest in acting began while studying in high school.

Born in Seoul, South Korea in 1970, Byung-hun Lee grew up in a wealthy family, thanks to his father, who was a successful businessman. He never dreamed of pursuing acting until a friend of his mother's suggested it. He auditioned for the KBS television network in 1991 and was accepted.

But since they are asian no one cares for them, because asians cant be heroes, not even by a mistake, look Avatar and Dragon Ball Evolution, only white people can be heroic.

#6 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Jai White would be a badass Bronze Tiger or Black Panther.

#7 Posted by VaizD (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's physical presence and intensity is every bit as much of a defining characteristic as his detective skills, and to this day many people don't feel that's been reflected well in the movies. The 90s movies were very simple Batman throws punch, dude goes down fight sequences, and the Nolan movies, at least I felt, were at many times slow, and had Bats using a fighting style that was, to put it lightly, ridiculous. No one has really captured the kind of sheer ferocity Batman should possess in an altercation.

That's just my take on it though, I agree the actor being able to act should also be a priority.

#8 Posted by Dm225 (289 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

He's playing Bronze Tiger in CW's Arrow as a member of the Suicide Squad, so there's one name we can cross off.

#10 Posted by longbowhunter (5831 posts) - - Show Bio

He's going to make a perfect Bronze Tiger. I'm a huge Suicide Squad fan and can't wait to see him take on the character.

#11 Posted by RDClip (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I still want a crossover movie between Black Dynamite and Batman.

#12 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

@superdork said:

He's playing Bronze Tiger in CW's Arrow as a member of the Suicide Squad, so there's one name we can cross off.

Effin awesome!

#13 Edited by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure there are other actors that know martial arts that can play Batman. To be honest though I was more excited about him playing Bronze Tiger in Arrow than I was about the Superman Batman movie.

#14 Posted by Manchine (3636 posts) - - Show Bio

Art Aragon

#15 Edited by Breadspread (663 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: oh my god, if Joss Whedon has any sense at all he will be the Black Panther.

Wicked fight scene, I could see how he would be a decent young Batman, and what a great voice!

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (9192 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Jayc1324 (5139 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't need martial artists to play batman. None of the previous actors were. They didnt do their own stunts either. No martial artists. Just someone who looks like bruce wayne, and billionaire drunk playboy, and looks good in a batsuit and can have a dark serious personality. Martial arts not necessary with all these effects and stuntmen. It's not like they're really hitting each other

#18 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by MrShway88 (653 posts) - - Show Bio

I support him for the role.

#20 Posted by MasterDetective (676 posts) - - Show Bio

what about Bruce Lee?

#21 Posted by RustyRoy (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

We don't need martial artists to play batman. None of the previous actors were. They didnt do their own stunts either. No martial artists. Just someone who looks like bruce wayne, and billionaire drunk playboy, and looks good in a batsuit and can have a dark serious personality. Martial arts not necessary with all these effects and stuntmen. It's not like they're really hitting each other

Agreed, they could just get a stunt man to do all those stuffs, maybe get one of these actors to do it if necessary, and many actors have taken martial arts training before shooting a movie to get themselves prepare for the role.

#22 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324:

We don't NEED anything.

But no actor has yet managed to capture the sheer brutality present in the best movie Batmn yet, The Dark Knight Returns Batman.

THAT is what Batman fighting is SUPPOSED to look like. Not him taking nearly half a minute to beat up a bunch of thugs; Bruce Lee has taken down dozens of black belts at once and you're telling me Batman can't beat more than ten thugs?

As amazing as the Nolan Batman movies were, they didn't capture Batman himself. And that's something they should do.

#23 Edited by MuyJingo (1348 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from the stabbing, yeah, Batman fighting should be similar to that.

I don't think Batman should be anything but white, or at least half white, because it wouldn't make sense for the character.

The Wayne family fortune wouldn't exist in the same way given the racism back in the day.

It isn't necessary for the actor to be a martial artist though. I mean, look at this clip of Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher.

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@jayc1324:

We don't NEED anything.

But no actor has yet managed to capture the sheer brutality present in the best movie Batmn yet, The Dark Knight Returns Batman.

THAT is what Batman fighting is SUPPOSED to look like. Not him taking nearly half a minute to beat up a bunch of thugs; Bruce Lee has taken down dozens of black belts at once and you're telling me Batman can't beat more than ten thugs?

As amazing as the Nolan Batman movies were, they didn't capture Batman himself. And that's something they should do.

I don't know that I wan't TDKR Batman to be the next Batman we get on film, but I agree with you that we should have a batman who is phwsyically terrifying. We need a Batman who captures the fact that Bruce Wayne is a mask...that this guy is obsessed beyond belief...to see a phsyically intimidating Batman lurking in the shadows....only to appear and strike terror into the hearts of criminals...would be amazing.

I think the image of Batman walking in the sewers that Jim Lee drew in Hush is the type of Batman I want to see on film. Not that big physically...but certainly that intimidating, angry and determined...all of which is portrayed through expression and body language more than physical size.

#25 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: Tom Cruise had years and years doing this and as much as people dont want to belive it, is obvious he is using stunmen, the thing is he does more that enough for them, so the stunmen dont have problem doing their job and they dont have to care to do crappy editing or do bad camera angles.

Is not what the stuntmen can do for the actor, is what the actor can do for the stuntmen.

This is a relationship, both parts have to put of their part.

Also please not The Goddamn Batman or BatGod in the movies, insane Batman is not even half as cool as people belive he is.

@vaizd: Blame Bourne movies for this, saddly since Bourne and MMA got popular people have a bizarre concept of what fighting means.

@jayc1324: Bale did some of his Stunts, saddly they didn let him go Aqullibrium in this one.

@rdclip said:

Nope, I still want a crossover movie between Black Dynamite and Batman.

The most aweome thing ever!!!!

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15886 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott as batman now!

YURI F*CKING BOYKA!

#27 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

How i forget Bale trains Wing Chun, in the same place Robert Downey Jr. trains.

Yeah nerd, Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne train in the same place, when they fight they do Wing Chun.

And have the same Sifu.

This damn billionare playboys and their Wing Chun.

They belive they are Bruce Lee!!!

#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27271 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: You mean Ray Park? He also played Snake Eyes, Toad and even Chuck Norris in a Bruce Lee biopic but yea there is a reason most of his roles are non-speaking.

#29 Edited by MasterDetective (676 posts) - - Show Bio

are you saying this just because he is black he has a higher degree of melamine in his epidermea?

#30 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:

are you saying this just because he is black he has a higher degree of melamine in his epidermea?

Ya I'm saying it cause he's black.

#31 Posted by AweSam (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

A big no.

#32 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap. I'd watch him as Batman. Or Batwing (Zavimbe). Or maybe a Batman Beyond film starring Luke Fox instead of Terry? (he looks a little old to play Terry) Or, hell, any of these awesome characters:

• Richard Dragon
  • Bronze Tiger
  • Luke Cage (although the martial arts moves would be wasted)
  • Black Panther
  • Blade
  • Catman
  • etc.

That was well performed, scripted, and shot.

You can't tell from that clip if he has more varied acting chops, but for the brooding hard-as-nails martial arts characters that populate a lot of comic books, yeah that'll work.

#33 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know if i want a Batman the Joker actually killed on screen once.

Its over Joker, i will stop you!!
You look familiar, did i killed you once?

#34 Posted by Rana22 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it's one man Scott Adkins

#35 Posted by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Holy crap. I'd watch him as Batman. Or Batwing (Zavimbe). Or maybe a Batman Beyond film starring Luke Fox instead of Terry? (he looks a little old to play Terry) Or, hell, any of these awesome characters:

• Richard Dragon
  • Bronze Tiger
  • Black Panther
  • Blade
  • Catman
  • etc.

You can't tell from that clip if he has more varied acting chops, but for the brooding hard-as-nails martial arts characters that populate a lot of comic books, yeah that'll work.

Well according to the Arrow panel at comic con he'll be playing Bronze Tiger.

#36 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

@ace20xd6 said:

@fodigg said:

• Richard Dragon
  • Bronze Tiger
  • Black Panther
  • Blade
  • Catman
  • etc.

Well according to the Arrow panel at comic con he'll be playing Bronze Tiger.

Nice.

#37 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by ccraft (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: MJW is a great MA actor, and I see that you want a Batman whose big and ripped, but MJW should be Batman. It's cool to see him get the part of Bronze Tiger, and I hope he becomes Black Panter in A2.

I would love to see Scott Adkins be Batman he seems perfect for the role, Adkins is also a MA actor.

An actor should know MA for a Batman movie, and not all MA actors can't act. It's like saying Superman shouldn't need t fly in his movies...

Scott as batman now!

YURI F*CKING BOYKA!

YES!!! BOYKA BOYKA BOYKA!!! Have you signed this yet? petition for Adkins to be Batman :D

http://www.change.org/petitions/warner-bros-dc-comics-make-scott-adkins-the-next-batman

@jayc1324 said:

This is the reason why Batman will never have an awesome fight scene, because apparently you just need to know how to act and be a pretty boy to draw in the masses. It's a Superman/Batman movie, people are going to see it regardless if Bale, Hammer, Gosling, or Gyllenhaal. Scott Adkins is a good looking guy, he even looks like Bruce, he's a great MA actor, and imo he has a perfect voice for Batman. Adkins is my number one choice, Karl Urban as my second.

#39 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15886 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: you are Telling me,that there is a chance, that Scott Adkins, Yuri Boyka, could be Batman?

F*CK YES!

i am signing the petition.

#40 Posted by Mucklefluga (2428 posts) - - Show Bio

Title is wrrooooonnggg

#41 Edited by Jayc1324 (5139 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: I d rather have a guy that can act than a fighter. Someone who can play a bruce Wayne and tell a story. Bale couldn't fight great but acted well and told the story believably and was critically acclaimed. Anyone can learn to throw a punch. It's the acting that makes these movies great not just actions scenes. I prefer a good story with a good actor to crappy acting, bad story, and great fight scenes.

That's what makes movies great- great acting. I'm fine with Adkins if he can act. But movies get acclaimed and draw people in if try acting and story is great unless its am action movie, like the expendables or Rambo. But this is batman. It needs a strong story, good acting, and good action scenes if possible

#42 Posted by ccraft (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Yeah I get the acting part, Bale was a great Bruce Wayne, but not a great Batman.

The next Batman series needs to have more Batman than Bruce Wayne, I don't want to see another movie were it shows Bruce more. Bats needs to be fighting crime, being a detective, and showing his face to publicity "sometimes".

With TDK Trilogy we got an awesome Bruce Wayne story, League of Shadows was awesome, 2nd film was only good cuz Joker, his love interest ruined it, and 3rd film had great Bruce moments.

We don't need another origin story, just show flash backs every now and then.

How awful would it be if Batman Arkham games had more than half of gameplay your Bruce Wayne?

@ccraft: you are Telling me,that there is a chance, that Scott Adkins, Yuri Boyka, could be Batman?

F*CK YES!

i am signing the petition.

Spread the word to your friends! I've been trying to, also Adkins wants to be Batman he shared the hastag #AdkinsForBatman on his tweeter and FB, so hopefully Snyder sees it or hears about.

#43 Edited by MaccyD (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: It was kind of funny for the first part of Arkham City when you are a guy in a suit capable of taking dozens of thugs.

Does it really matter, if the actor knows MA? For most of the fight scenes he will be wearing a mask anyway.

#44 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@ccraft: I d rather have a guy that can act than a fighter. Someone who can play a bruce Wayne and tell a story. Bale couldn't fight great but acted well and told the story believably and was critically acclaimed. Anyone can learn to throw a punch. It's the acting that makes these movies great not just actions scenes. I prefer a good story with a good actor to crappy acting, bad story, and great fight scenes.

That's what makes movies great- great acting. I'm fine with Adkins if he can act. But movies get acclaimed and draw people in if try acting and story is great unless its am action movie, like the expendables or Rambo. But this is batman. It needs a strong story, good acting, and good action scenes if possible

Wrong Bale can fight, he did Equllibrium a Martial Arts movies sttraigth to DVD type and di many of his own stunts, he has being the only Batman that had experience in this, again people dont notice is Bourne the one that ruins things.

Wrong Martial Arts are not an easy skills and not everybody can learn how to do them, this explains why they use stuntmen to do the fight scenes, people overrated acting as muchs as they underrated martial arts skills, if that was truth action movies and martial arts movie would being in danger, in the last 20 years this way of thinking has put this genres on danger.

Acting is overrated, casting chemistry could beat it, not only that many people overlooks many great movies lack of strong performances and many with many great actors and strong performances just simply sucked as movies.

Also, people try to say TDK dont have great action scenes, that is a myth, from all the Batman movies is the one with the best MA scenes, Batman vs Swat is evidence of this.

@maccyd said:

@ccraft: It was kind of funny for the first part of Arkham City when you are a guy in a suit capable of taking dozens of thugs.

Does it really matter, if the actor knows MA? For most of the fight scenes he will be wearing a mask anyway.

This is a myth, sure your stuntmen can do many of your job, but is also truth that movies got better when actor start having some skills they could use on screen.

Ryan Reynolds used Scott Adkins as his stunman in Origins, the reason why they could change into Adkins was the fact Reynold could do many things and thie means Adkins could do more, since you can buy Reynolds and Adkins are one person.

Scarlett Johansson was terrible, i mean they used only stunt women in their scenes and you can tell, the way they film her action scenes were boring and plain, this based on the fact she obviously cant do any of her stunts.

Is not what a stunt team can do for the actors, is what the actors can do for a stunt team.

The whole stuntmen can do everything by themselves is what invented epilleptic camera, terrible editing and all those horrors you see in movies today.

#45 Edited by Jayc1324 (5139 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: Ok sure Bale can fight. But acting is still more important. The acting and chemistry of the actors made TDK good, not the action scenes. And that goes to show that great acting is better than being able to fight.

And I didn't mean MA were easy, but that the actor doesn't necessarily need no know them, because anyone can learn enough to be in an action movie.

I liked TDK action scenes too, but Bale can't fight like this guy or Scott Adkins can. I wasn't saying Bales scenes were bad

#46 Posted by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Edited by joshmightbe (24097 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaizd said:

@thetimestreamer said:

Batman's physical presence and intensity is every bit as much of a defining characteristic as his detective skills, and to this day many people don't feel that's been reflected well in the movies. The 90s movies were very simple Batman throws punch, dude goes down fight sequences, and the Nolan movies, at least I felt, were at many times slow, and had Bats using a fighting style that was, to put it lightly, ridiculous. No one has really captured the kind of sheer ferocity Batman should possess in an altercation.

That's just my take on it though, I agree the actor being able to act should also be a priority.

Its called a stunt double

#48 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Is that was truth, Rises and Begins would be a better movies, still are not, the action helps to build the movie, the heroe and the villains, TDK got better in action scenes that help to build the credibillity of Batman as a hero and the Joker as a force of evil.

That again is a lie, Bale had to train 10 months for Equllibrium, he trains Wing Chun in his real life, The Matrix guys had to train 7 months and they only train the choregraphies, still Lawrence Fishburn trained Wushu before making the movie, Carrie Ann Moss had a background on Martial Arts, Keanu is still making Martial Arts movies and he keeps his training, some one without any type of experience would totally fail at making anything and for the same their stun team will too, how much the stunt team can do depends of the actors and how much they can do.

Jack Black trained wrestling when he was doing Nacho Libre and he has a background on Judo, that was the main reason why he could do Nacho Libre.

Robert Downey Jr. also trains Wing Chun, he is in the road to became a teacher.

I am not saying they should cast Adkins or some one like that, i am saying they should cast some one like Bale and Downey Jr.

People that can do stunts, know how to punch and kick and can do many of their own stunts.

Acting is not the only thing Batman will need for his movies and if he is going to be in movies with other heroes, he will need to show more fighting skills.

#49 Posted by Jayc1324 (5139 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: TDK was the best if the trilogy because the acting was the best. TDKR had the most action yet was was worse of te trilogy. Acting is superior to action. Yes batman doesn't just need acting, but it's more important to have a good movie.

It's not like those actor were master martial artists. Like is said, they learned enough for the movie in most cases.

But if you prefer batman to be just an action movie, to each his own

#50 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: @jayc1324: Rises had more actors, more plot that TDK, saddly they decide to go with the concept more actors and more characters make a better movie.

Rises had too many of everything.

Also you can notice how the action is not as good as the TDK actions, it goes back at Begins senseless tricks.

Acting is not the most important to have a good movie, many times i have seen this theory and fails, many movies with great performances used to be crappy bad movies and many movies with not so good ones are great.

Acting is part of a movie, but not the most important, the story, the directing and edition, all of those curbstomp acting.

You would belive how many actors looks good and bad, thanks to editing, is not so weird many directors and executives try to make the edition, who controls edition controls the last period of the game.

Also Adkins is not a Master Martial Artist, neither is 99% of people doing martial arts movies, they had train really hard thats for sure, but they never actaully master their styles.

You said you can teach any person how to punch, that being a myth that is making movies worst and worst, is not such a shock action movies today arent as good as they used to be, the thing is that people belives stunt work is a brute type work, that any one can do it and that action scenes are way more easy to do that dramatic scenes.

The mains evidence are the terribly bad,Charlies Angle, Resident Evil movies and the terribly overrated tv show Chuck.

Also how bad Keaton and Clooney were, the fight scenes in their movies just simply sucked when you compare them with Bale and Kilmer.

This is the point of view of people, minimize every single other job that is not acting and just simply overrated and over hype acting.

I am not saying acting is easy, just saying there is harder jobs and more important jobs.

An actor that just act would limit Batman, because is a myth stunt men can do everything by themselves, they need the actor to sell the illusion is him, if the actor cant help them, there is little or nothing to do.

Reynolds/Adkins being the evidence, Deadpool could do many crazy thing in Origins thanks to the fact Reynolds could do some of his stunts and did the sword scene at the start of the movie.