Nighwing's future

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By PapiNacho

I just got struck with a thought. With all this talk about Harper Row's the figure in blue's costume and how similar it is to Nightwing (and now that we know that she isn't taking Nightwing's name ) could the reason why her costume why her costume is so similar be that he trained her? Especially given the line about don't yell at your sidekick's.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

Sounds like a good possibility. Maybe Tim had a hand in training too, considering he was sitting right next to Harper in the Batsgiving teaser and she says "sidekicks" in this recent issue. Maybe that could also point to Dick being the blonde in the teaser.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_tree said:

Sounds like a good possibility. Maybe Tim had a hand in training too, considering he was sitting right next to Harper in the Batsgiving teaser and she says "sidekicks" in this recent issue. Maybe that could also point to Dick being the blonde in the teaser.

Honestly the blonde guy being Dick was the most obvious thing in the teaser haha

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope his gonno play a orcale like role for a while.

And after a major batman event he will come back as nightwing. Or come back as Batman for a litle while.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kwodam: Unless Bruce dies their is no way in hell Dick should become Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well now we all know that harper row is bluebird and not nightwing so no worries. Although nightwing is still in trouble in forever evil.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Well considering their is a solisation in May for a funeral its still up in the air

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I DEMAND DEATH!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: I kind of hope he dies. Just for a change of pace. And to see how it affects batman since he is probably closest to batman besides alfred

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm fine with Damien being dead, but Dick - it's just wrong. it's right up there with completely killing Bruce off.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I heard Dick dies and then Doc Ock comes back in his body...

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_hench: I would actualy be ok with that

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My current bet is that Dick will dye his hair blonde and go by "Jean Paul Valley" from now on.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

My current bet is that Dick will dye his hair blonde and go by "Jean Paul Valley" from now on.

Has Azrael already made an appearance in the N52?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By youknowwhattodo
@jayc1324 said:

@lordofthenorth: I kind of hope he dies. Just for a change of pace. And to see how it affects batman since he is probably closest to batman besides alfred

The problem though is that they just killed off Damian last year, to kill off another Robin so soon after is excessive and really cheapens it. Also they just did that in the injustice series.

Personally, I want him to sever ties with the Batfamily because his exposed identity puts them all at risk, not to mention I think he's going to kill someone at the end of Forever Evil. He would be able to grow more as a character (free from the shackles of the Batman tie-ins that really kept Kyle Higgins from developing his character more IMO) and for any Batman fans who don't like Dick Grayson, you won't have to see him again if you don't want too lol. However I don't think that will happen.

I wouldn't rule out a return to the Teen Titans....

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fodigg

@fodigg said:

Yes, he popped up in an issue of Batman Inc., but it was Michael Lane, not Jean Paul Valley. I don't think Valley has been referenced in the new 52 yet.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: most likely JPV may never make an appearance due to royalties that would be owed to Joe Quesada since it was his character. The sad thing is that thanks to the Arkham games there has been renewed interest in the character, people google him and don't get that there are massive differences between JPV and Michael Lane.

Considering the odd relationship between Dick and Jean Paul though that eventually turned into a sort of friendship/rivalry thing, that would be kind of interesting

Zapacna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zapacna

maybe Bruce Wayne dies at the end of forever evil and Dick Grayson becomes a full time Batman.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapacna: well that would be strange considering that his origin dosnt end until after Forever evil, a couple of the solisations in the Batman titles say Bruce, he only just came back to life 5 years ago after dieing in Final Crisis and it is his 75th birthday so i highly dought they will kill him off but if they do i wont be buying any more batman comics becuase if he is going out in this piece of crap story than DC dosnt give a rats ass about its characters

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe dick will start the Outsiders!, also i hope they make Tim Drakes character better now that Scott and his horrible Titans run is over, just putting it out there.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he will become a badass character after foreverevil like winter soldier

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By Saren

@zapacna: Watch your language, swearing is not allowed on the forums. First warning.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapacna: well that would be strange considering that his origin dosnt end until after Forever evil, a couple of the solisations in the Batman titles say Bruce, he only just came back to life 5 years ago after dieing in Final Crisis and it is his 75th birthday so i highly dought they will kill him off but if they do i wont be buying any more batman comics becuase if he is going out in this piece of crap story than DC dosnt give a rats ass about its characters

Yeah and Batman 28 is supposed to take place after FE and Bruce is Batman there. Not to mention Bruce will always be the Batman.

Zapacna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: No one actually mentions Bruce Wayne in Batman #28

Also it would explain why Batman left Catwoman to die. Though I don't actually think that's what is actually going to happen.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapacna said:

@rustyroy: No one actually mentions Bruce Wayne in Batman #28

Also it would explain why Batman left Catwoman to die. Though I don't actually think that's what is actually going to happen.

No one has too, it is clearly shown that He and Catwoman had a relationship before, there are some other hints too.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

At least he isn't dead. Kinda wish his series wasn't ending though. And even happier that Tynion didn't take over! He ruined Red Hood and the Outlaws...

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@transformers1024: ...what? The Outlaws where crap long before Tynion got involved and his plot wasnt even his own he was just finishing what Lobdell started whihc iam sorry no matter how hard you try you cant polish a turd

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Transformers1024

@lordofthenorth: Personally, I loved it. The book was providing a fun read (which DC seriously lacks). I understand the hate for Lobdell, but I will defend his run on Red Hood. IMO he really did understand Jason Todd and turned him into a pretty like able character. He went from complete loner, to actually having friends and how he got "accepted" back into the Bat-family. Heck, he was even given a love interest!

Then Tynion had to come in and almost ruin their friendship, completely wrote off his 'girlfriend', spent a year writing a memory loss arc with a predictable plot. He turned a fun book that was the top of my pile every month, into bing my most dreaded book of the month. THEN completely ruined his new relationship with the BatFamily again!!

Thank god they're getting a new writer next month! Tynion sucks and I now know to stay out of any future projects of his.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@transformers1024: I guess you didnt read my post becuase that arc that you hate was all Lobdell Tynion was just finishing it plus Lobdell made that stupid crap how Joker planned that Batman would bring Jason in and everything that happened to Jason plus while he gave him friends he wrote them as morons his treatment of starfire was the worst and his Roy was way to 90's for me

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Transformers1024

@lordofthenorth: Any link to this source? Because from interviews I've read Tynion wanted a new take on this book. He was under no obligation to continue where the last writer left off, he was free to do as he pleased, and boy he did! Lobdell was planning on doing a Dick/Jason crossover and a very Roy centered arc.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By kidchipotle

@fodigg said:

@mrtummytumms said:
@fodigg said:

Yes, he popped up in an issue of Batman Inc., but it was Michael Lane, not Jean Paul Valley. I don't think Valley has been referenced in the new 52 yet.

I would somewhat love that idea. I was always a huge fan of JPV as Azrael after his crazy stint as Batman so obviously I'd prefer if the character came back but I'd be okay with this idea as well at first.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RDClip

Isn't his solo book ending? If that's the case then he'll either a)die (I hope not, killing off characters don't have the bite it used to), b) become a member of a team book, or c) becomes a supporting character in someone elses book.

If DC wanted to so something shocking, they could cripple him. Then he has to learn to cope with life without all his physical abilities. If that is the case, I'd like to see him become a mainstay in Batgirl. She could help him deal with his new life and they could rekindle the relationship that has been hinted at in the New52.

Or he could take Damian's spot in the Batman and ... book.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: Or he could take Damien's spot in the Batman and ... book.

This. Bruce needs Dick back in his life.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: it was a joke... Though, if he had Damien instead of Tim after Jason died, he probably would have become more like the Jean Paul Valley version of Batman

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azrael_online: yet again i disagree i dispise the notion at Batman needs some kid around so he dosnt murder people rediculous it makes him out to be a sciopath

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Azrael_Online
Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: the funeral you are referring to may be the death solicited in Futures End #1 where a member of the Justice League dies.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Hopefully he becomes full time Nightwing. Since people already think Bruce funds Bat they'll just think that Bruce gave Dick up to him (that sounds wrong). I always wanted a bat family member besides Todd to be a full time hero. Hopefully this happens with Dick.

Dr_Dinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dr_Dinosaur

Answer! : Nightwing was a flaw mammal and therefore expendable, Had he the agility of a raptor he would have survived. FACT!

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: it that dsont really work for Dick as much as he likes being a hero he does want a normal life its part of the reason he quit being Robin

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@lordofthenorth: True, but id like to see him be forced to be Nightwing all the time and like guy earlier said maybe start the Outsiders or another team.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bluebirds costume colors aren't the same as Nightwing people!! In the New52 his costume has a red logo, not a blue one!!

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@takeluutzen:...this is just silly thats like saying if some chump showed up in the New52 wearing a blue and grey Batsuit he isnt riping off Batman just becuase in the New52 Batman wears black and grey

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Dick Grayson dies...Cassandra Cain comes back as Nightwing!... :)

Just a thought tho...no prof... :(

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Nightwing dies, I'll quit comics

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bezza

Animal Man and Nightwing comics finish, sad! Hopefully Nightwing carries on, he is one of the coolest DC characters out there.