#1 Posted by PunyParker (7127 posts) - - Show Bio

A Quick Update On The Armored Batsuit

What’s good fanboy nation! Did you guys peep Marvelous Dave’s hot weekly column yesterday?

He had the following to say about the two batsuits that Ben Affleck is supposed to rock in the now delayed Batman Vs Superman.

The more interesting thing I’ve heard is that Batman will actually wear 2 batsuits in the film, but where as Grey-and-Blue has already been designed and Affleck has worn it, the second Batsuit is more armored like the one in the Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come comics.

Well I got a tad more info on the armored batsuit. Now because of the ultra secretive nature surrounding the movie, it’s insanely difficult to confirm the following so take with a grain of salt until you see it for yourself in official publicity photos. More on that in a bit.

According to the source, the plating is silver/white. The plates are attached to a black undercloth. The plates doesn’t cover his entire body. We see the black undercloth at the joints. Supposedly, it looks incredible. Equally, or maybe even better-looking than the other suit and it’s leagues above and beyond Bale’s suit from what I’m told.

When can we get our first official look? I’m told you’ll see it in February/Early march.

Of course, everything is subject to change so again, salt grains. We’ll see. Speculation is fun though.

Source:http://latino-review.com/2014/01/quick-update-armored-batsuit/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Details On Ben Affleck's Bat-Suit(s) In MAN OF STEEL Sequel

First off, in his weekly column Da7e revealed that he's heard that Affleck will actually wear two Bat-suits in the movie - the first is the more traditional blue and black design, and the second is much more armor-like, akin to what we saw in the likes of The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come comics. Now El Mayimbe has done some more digging and come up with a few extra details on what this armor-plated costume will look like.

"According to the source, the plating is silver/white. The plates are attached to a black undercloth. The plates don't cover his entire body. We see the black undercloth at the joints. Supposedly, it looks incredible. Equally, or maybe even better-looking than the other suit and it’s leagues above and beyond Bale’s suit from what I’m told."

Sounds like Bats will be bringing out the heavy artillery at some point anyway, either for a battle with Superman or for when the two inevitably team up to face the bigger threat. Obviously a picture would be nice to go along with these descriptions, but we might not have too much longer to wait for that. Late February/early March was always the ETA, but with the recent pushing back of the movie's release date to 2016...who knows! Hopefully Warner Bros. will still give us something soon as a bit of a consolation eh?

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93336#AEJUwSwuCkGAH3vO.99

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Affleck to wear a blue and grey Batsuit in ‘Batman vs. Superman’? (update)

Update: I’ve been told that the blue Batsuit rumor is not true. Remember, Zack Snyder is a huge fan of The Dark Knight Returns. He even reportedly had a meeting with writer Frank Miller to prepare for Batman vs. Superman. The original report is below.

We’ve heard from Kevin Smith that Ben Affleck’s Batman vs. Superman Batsuit is unlike anything we’ve seen before, and his wife Jennifer Garner called it a total reinvention. Now, Latino Review has some new details about what Ben Affleck’s Batsuit, or Batsuits, will look like in Batman vs. Superman.

The more interesting thing I’ve heard is that Batman will actually wear 2 batsuits in the film, but where as Grey-and-Blue has already been designed and Affleck has worn it, the second Batsuit is more armored like the one in the Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come comics.

The blue and grey Batsuit information lines up what we heard from Kevin Smith, he said it looked like it was influenced by artist Jim Lee (pictured above). They go on to say that the armored Batsuit will contain silver/white plating, which is attached to a black undercloth.

JimLeeHush_mini

Lastly, Latino Review goes on to say that they expect the first official image of Ben Affleck as Batman to be released in February/early March.

Are you excited by the possibility of seeing a blue and grey Batsuit instead of the all black look that we’ve previously seen on screen? How about the armored suit? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Source:http://batman-news.com/2014/01/23/ben-affleck-wear-blue-grey-batsuit-batman-vs-superman/

#2 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15796 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it lives up to the hype

#3 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by RDClip (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the idea of silver/white on a batsuit. That veers a little too close to the clooney suit from Batman and Robin.

#5 Edited by PunyParker (7127 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15796 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by RustyRoy (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I'd prefer a Black Cowl but Blue is fine too.

#8 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (10037 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: @allstarsuperman: @rustyroy: u guys agree with the "Blue cowl" suit?!....

I am patient and possitive,but worried too.

As much as I love the blue cowl in the comics, a blue suit in real life seems horrible, less stealth very flashy.

#9 Posted by SmashBrawler (4746 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@rdclip: @allstarsuperman: @rustyroy: u guys agree with the "Blue cowl" suit?!....

As much as I love the blue cowl in the comics, a blue suit in real life seems horrible, less stealth very flashy.

Ninjas dressed in blue to blend better with the night sky. The cowl in Arkham City is (arguably) blue as well.

#11 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (10037 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

@smashbrawler said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@punyparker said:

Ninjas dressed in blue to blend better with the night sky. The cowl in Arkham City is (arguably) blue as well.

I think we have a misunderstanding. That's my bad. I'm thinking the light blue, not the dark blue. Like this one. The BRIGHT blue one. Not the navy.

EDIT: now that I think about it, the standard blue cowl seems kind of pointless too regardless.

#12 Edited by SmashBrawler (4746 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I really doubt they'll go with light blue (if they actually give him a blue cowl in the first place).

#13 Posted by Jayc1324 (5356 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds very colorful. Which is bad

#14 Posted by SupBatz (1477 posts) - - Show Bio

Black and Grey > Silver and Gold > Blue and Grey > Just black.

#15 Posted by LyraFay (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Otherwise its just a rumour and remember lighting can change how it looks on screen.

#16 Edited by PunyParker (7127 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by RDClip (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Dark blue and dark gray are acually better at a blending in a form in the dark. Straight black creates a silhouette.

#18 Edited by AweSam (7103 posts) - - Show Bio

1) The suit should be all black.
2) Stop talking and show us a damn picture.

#19 Posted by PunyParker (7127 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

@punyparker: Dark blue and dark gray are acually better at a blending in a form in the dark. Straight black creates a silhouette.

Im all for blue cowl......just i really don't know how serious it will look on screen.
Id love an Arkham Asylum costume.