• 102 results
#1 Posted by HighlyEvolved (307 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it was when Hal Jordan knocked Batman out with one punch. I mean Hal Jordan is skilled but come on. How can a regular guy knock out the best martial artist in the world with the most easily blockable punch?

#2 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it was when Hal Jordan knocked Batman out with one punch. I mean Hal Jordan is skilled but come on. How can a regular guy knock out the best martial artist in the world with the most easily blockable punch?

qft

#3 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

what? Batman's my favorite comic book character but come on. Hal Jordan can definitely knock out Batman with a punch. And Batman was sucker-punched, so it's not a guaranteed block or dodge...

#4 Posted by HighlyEvolved (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: I know, but still... It just didn't seem in character for either of them. Also, batman has been punched by Grundy and was not KOed but Hal Jordan can do it. Granted, he did have the ring on...

#5 Posted by Pantherman (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@highlyevolved: Realistically a punch from Grundy should destroy Batmans body. There is no way Batman super martial artist or not is going to survive a punch from someone that strong so that in itself is a major BS* moment. A human sucker punching another human and knocking them out, this is very realistic. You could be the best fighter in the world and still get knocked out by a good punch from a regular joe.

#6 Posted by wbr17 (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I entered here thinking that it was about batman feats that's only possible by bat-popularity but i was wrong.

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: How many times has batman blocked punches he didn't physically see coming? Dodged point blank gunfire? Disappeared before someones eyes? But Hal Jordan has the sauce for him...it was bad bad bad writing

#8 Posted by Pantherman (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Bad writing is a human in full body armor beating up superhuman that outclass him badly. How about Batman not getting killed by the countless powerhouses the justice league does battle against?

#9 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@batmannflash: How many times has batman blocked punches he didn't physically see coming? Dodged point blank gunfire? Disappeared before someones eyes? But Hal Jordan has the sauce for him...it was bad bad bad writing

to be fair Batman shouldn't be dodging point blank gunfire in the first place lol. But I get what you're saying: inconsistencies. However, I don't find it unbelievable that Jordan would punch Batman. Jordan has punched plenty of faster people

#10 Posted by Pantherman (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Batman is a part of a long list of superheroes that would have died very quickly in real life.

#11 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

@pantherman: sadly, yes. Though he's my favorite hero, I have to admit that it is true. In fact, most non-superpowered heroes would die quickly in real life

#12 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6112 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything with him written by Geoff Johns that wasn't cool. So like 90% Geoff Johns Batstuff lol.

#13 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@pantherman: I don't get what you're talking about. Batman uses his brain an prep against opponents that have a physical advantage over him. And he is an extremely smart and resourceful and prepared individual. I don't see your point. This conversation is about one of the beat martial artists on the planet being punched by an average airforce pilot. It houldnt have happened. But Geoff johns hates batman so I guess it's to be expected

#14 Posted by HighlyEvolved (307 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Pantherman (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I get it, you love Batman, but their is absolutely nothing wrong with this "average airforce pilot" knocking out super plot device man. I have seen personally very experienced fighters lose fights to lames, its not impossible. Get over it Batman is not Jesus, he is simply a man. And being prepared is not a guaranteed victory guy, the best laid plans fail because you never know what your opponent will do.

#16 Posted by chrisj_1 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

My personal opinion, all those times when he can block or dodge all that is simply bad writing.

#17 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@pantherman: plot device man? That was a totally unbiased post. I give actual reasons and you are dismissive of my points and re character. Ask yourself this question: Could Hal Jordan sucker punch and knockout ironfist, captain America, lady shiva, ra's al ghul, and talia? Fact is the airforce is the full extent of hal's combat training outside using the ring. There is absolutely no reason Hal should have been able to do what he did. It was bad writing. How about real life comparison? You think you could sucker punch and knockout Floyd Mayweather?

#19 Posted by NukeA6 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

This and the page after this. Batman beats the Justice League like they were simple Gotham thugs. This is easily the worst PIS in DC after Specter getting hurt by a Bat-kick.

#20 Edited by JetiiMitra (8523 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I get it, you love Batman, but their is absolutely nothing wrong with this "average airforce pilot" knocking out super plot device man. I have seen personally very experienced fighters lose fights to lames, its not impossible. Get over it Batman is not Jesus, he is simply a man. And being prepared is not a guaranteed victory guy, the best laid plans fail because you never know what your opponent will do.

I don't like Batman and I find the idea of him getting knocked out like that ridiculous. Hilarious, one of my favorite Hal moments, but hugely inconsistent.

#21 Posted by JetiiMitra (8523 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs Superman at any moment, besides The Dark Knight Returns.

Since then is going down the hill.

Batman need year to make a plan, a bunch of weapons, a battle armour, kryptonite, some type of virus to make him mortal, make him belive he is dying so he stop attacking with his full power, that Superman was weak and no sun so Superman didnt got back at his prime.

Now he only needs to punch him or dodge him.

#23 Posted by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

@wbr17 said:

I entered here thinking that it was about batman feats that's only possible by bat-popularity but i was wrong.

You are not alone :/

#24 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Batman kicking the specter? That was really stupid.

#25 Posted by dorukesin (5614 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg said:

How about Batman kicking the specter? That was really stupid.

he could do it because

#26 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33050 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@pantherman: plot device man? That was a totally unbiased post. I give actual reasons and you are dismissive of my points and re character. Ask yourself this question: Could Hal Jordan sucker punch and knockout ironfist, captain America, lady shiva, ra's al ghul, and talia? Fact is the airforce is the full extent of hal's combat training outside using the ring. There is absolutely no reason Hal should have been able to do what he did. It was bad writing. How about real life comparison? You think you could sucker punch and knockout Floyd Mayweather?

That's not the same. It would be more like could Mayweather's friend who is a solider in the US Army KO him if he suddenly punched him without warning and the answer to that is yes, he absolutely could.

#27 Posted by NukeA6 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Batman Confidential 53. Here's more so you can see all the BS:

#28 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

That's not the same. It would be more like could Mayweather's friend who is a solider in the US Army KO him if he suddenly punched him without warning and the answer to that is yes, he absolutely could.

Exactly.

#29 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@dorukesin: ah ah ah. I love how pumped he gets when saying that!

#30 Posted by RustyRoy (12012 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice thread.......

#31 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Not mayweathers friend. They weren't friends. Batman all but hated Hal. And batman dedicates his life to being one of the most skilled martial artists. No airforce pilot would be able to land a punch realistically. It was PIS. if the same thing happened but Hal punched katana or wildcat people

Would scream PIS

#32 Posted by HighlyEvolved (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@nukea6: Yeah. That was incredibly degrading for the rest of the justice league. While I love him,'Batman is probably the weakest member.

#33 Edited by Mikewoo (9 posts) - - Show Bio

The end of the Death of the Family.

#34 Posted by JetiiMitra (8523 posts) - - Show Bio

Non-canon, but still complete and utter BS.

#35 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

You thinks that is bullshit?

He take Hulk and stomp him!!!

#36 Posted by JetiiMitra (8523 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

Both are. I just tend to pretend the Hulk instance simply didn't happen, and never much cared for Hulk in the first place. I don't like Carnage either, but I hate how he shows up Spider-man in that instance.

#37 Posted by HellionVulcan (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman fighting for 24 hours straight against a city or whatever it was .... the stupidity made me laugh so hard .

#38 Posted by HushoftheWind (902 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cap and Batman can go toe to toe with "redonkulous" feat factor. Im pretty sure there's a couple of panels where 616 Cap took out Hulk and other occasion where he took out Thor too.

#39 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

I can't stop laughing. My, god. He can take on Hulk, but Joker still manages to get away with hitting him due to "the unnatural strength of a mad-man!".

#40 Edited by HighlyEvolved (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: Yes! I hated that comic so freaking much! Complete BS.

#41 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6112 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@highlyevolved said:

qft

Batman, one of the greatest tactitions and martial artists in DC Universe, decides the best way to stop a Green Lantern is throw a rope and then gets decked with one punch by a man whos h2h feats are non-existent in comparison to him. Geoff Johns ftw......

#43 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

All the time batman like man, he lie about that though

#44 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@mitran said:

I can't stop laughing. My, god. He can take on Hulk, but Joker still manages to get away with hitting him due to "the unnatural strength of a mad-man!".

The worst is the whole he cant beat Captain America, because for some reason he is "too powerfull", it looks Batman cant oversmart him now, but he can punch Hulk into oblivion.

#45 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12973 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

You're blatantly ignoring the the training from the Justice Society, Fellow JLA Teammates and Green Lantern Corps vets. I agree with you but give Hal a little credit.

#46 Posted by Epitaph (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@wbr17 said:

Me too. Kinda disappointed.

#47 Posted by HighlyEvolved (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellionvulcan: My gosh, that was so incredibly stupid. Your talking about the night of owl's right? He has a healing ability to rival wolverines in that arc.

#48 Posted by HighlyEvolved (307 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5521 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by xcell777 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, Hal didn't actually knock out Bruce instead he just knocked him down. Still, that actual wouldn't make sense given Bruce's insanely high level of stamina on top of the body armor he wears not to mention as you already brought up his skill and being physically superior in every way to Hal by far.

But if it makes you feel any better there's always this: