#1 Edited by toplel (973 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/02/francis-manapul-and-brian-buccellatos-next-dc-comic-is-detective-comics-batman-john-layman/

Well, I'm excited.

#2 Edited by danhimself (22682 posts) - - Show Bio

Manapul drawing Batman?? I'm in!!

#3 Posted by Saren (26015 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh. Manapul's art was a great fit for the Flash because it's sharp, bright and energetic ----- seems like a strange choice for Gotham.

Wonder what book Layman's moved to.

#4 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I wanted Manapul and Booch on another title. No disrespect is meant to their quality as writers and artists but there are so many other characters they could have renovated. Shazam, Martian Manhunter and the Atom come to mind. Ah well at least Detective Comics will look good. Does anyone know which Robin that is since it seems Detective Comics is going back to the past for a bit? It looks like Jason's Robin costume if I'm honest.

#5 Posted by toplel (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: That picture isn't from their promo for 'Tec. Not sure if there even is one yet. Its older.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel: Oh it's an older one? I thought the bult buckle and costume design was nowhere near New 52 designs. Thanks for pointing that out.

#7 Edited by toplel (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: It says 2006 on the bottom right, mate. I can't wait to see how he does the new 52 costume.

#8 Edited by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel: (slaps face in stupidity) Damn my eyesight is really bad. Same here though I do have an impression of it given that he did a two issue stint on the Pre New 52 Superman/Batman volume.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17826 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad, it'll be interesting to pick up Detective Comics again.

#10 Edited by MaccyD (4905 posts) - - Show Bio

That is surprising... I genuinely thought they were moving to Shazam.

Are they writing as well as drawing for Detective Comics?

#11 Posted by toplel (973 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yeah, I read those. Didn't have much of Gotham, IIRC. He's probably going to go darker with 'Tec. Or keep a good balance like Capullo/Snyder do in Batman.

#12 Posted by RustyRoy (13539 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

That is surprising... I genuinely thought they were moving to Shazam.

Are they writing as well as drawing for Detective Comics?

I thought that too when it was first announced that they'd be moving onto a new DC ongoing, call it an intuition but I saw a preview of The Black Bat yesterday I thought how great it would be if Manapul and Booch worked on a Batman ongoing but I was hoping that it would be either Batman or TDK. I'll miss Layman on 'Tec but I'm more than happy about this news.

#13 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally layman actually starts writing a good arc with faboks great art an they take em off? But im fine with these 2 as the new creative team

#14 Posted by sinestro_GL (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

Manapul is great. He's drawn some very beautiful panels for the Flash comics...so I'll happily support anything he draws.

#15 Posted by dondave (38782 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh. Manapul's art was a great fit for the Flash because it's sharp, bright and energetic ----- seems like a strange choice for Gotham.

Wonder what book Layman's moved to.

#16 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I love these two

#17 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12014 posts) - - Show Bio

It really looks cool, for some weird reason.

#18 Posted by JakeN7 (12800 posts) - - Show Bio

But Layman and Fabok are a perfect creative team for Detective Comics! They should have put them on a Bat-book that needs fresh blood, like The Dark Knight.

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (15079 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's a bad choice of a book for them.I am not saying that they are not talented enough but I don't think they can handle Gotham in a way I would like.The artwork will be the strongest part of the series but I have to wait and see the writing.

#20 Posted by tomlikesfries (4749 posts) - - Show Bio

Maan, I love the Layman/Fabok duo! And Manapaul's art wouldn't fit the dark scenario of Gotham as well as it fits Central City and Barry. Wish they had just stayed on Flash tbh..

#21 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel: If he manages the kind of balance that Capullo does, I'll be all for the art.

#22 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

This is quite the shocker for me. Did not expect this. Will be looking forward to this.

#23 Posted by MaccyD (4905 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: That would make sense, but I think Layman wanted to move himself?

It really looks cool, for some weird reason.

Reason: Manapul/Booch are epic!

#24 Edited by JakeN7 (12800 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@jaken7: That would make sense, but I think Layman wanted to move himself?

Yeah, I think he's working on something else. But, no word on Fabok! He's the one who really brings the magic to Detective Comics. He draws Batman and Gotham so perfectly.

#25 Posted by RustyRoy (13539 posts) - - Show Bio

So has this been confirmed officially yet?