least favorite bat family member?

• 108 results
lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll least favorite bat family member? (119 votes)

batman 10%
batwoman 29%
dick 3%
damian 18%
tim 12%
jason 14%
alfred (say alfred and your dead) 3%
titus 13%

popularity contest ALL THE FREAKING TIME so how about an unpopularity contest

• 
iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@supbatz: That may be true, but in keeping with the characterization of Bruce Wayne, he would not, in-story, allow someone who is not part of his family to run around in a Bat-costume unchecked. I'm talking in-story, not from a marketing standpoint.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@iaconpoint: Perhaps. But there have been several instances where Bruce stepping in on Kate's activities. In Batwoman's first zero issue, he spend weeks observing both Kate Kane and Batwoman, ensuring that a.) he knew enough about her to take her down if necessary and b.) that she was doing things by his moral code. He also confronted her around issue 7 asking her if she wanted to be a part of Batman, Inc. And then again later on when Kate was working with the DEO, this time in a more adversarial way, that we have yet to see the conclusion to.

So Bruce is well aware of Kate's activities and has kept checks on her. He's also, on several occasions, approached her and expressed discontent with some of her decisions (primarily the DEO).

But in any case, I don't think that Bruce feels the right to "not allow" someone to act as a vigilante if said person proves himself/herself capable of handling themself and displays a willingness to operate under a moral code that he approves of. I mean, we don't see him regulating the activities (at least not to a large extent) of other Gotham-based heroes in the past (Question, Azreal, Manhunter, Black Canary [on occasion]). The only difference between these heroes and Kate is that she actually uses the Bat in her name, which may warrant Bruce keeping a closer eye in her, but not necessarily forbidding her to use it so long as she operates by his rules.

All in my opinion, of course.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By entropy_aegis

Bit surprised to see Batwoman so high.Harper Row would be my answer,I'm willing to give the character a chance but I dont see what she brings to the table,Carrie Kelly as well,thankfully Tomasi shelved her.

@supbatz: That may be true, but in keeping with the characterization of Bruce Wayne, he would not, in-story, allow someone who is not part of his family to run around in a Bat-costume unchecked. I'm talking in-story, not from a marketing standpoint.

She's a member of Batman INC.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batwoman

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bit surprised to see Batwoman so high.Harper Row would be my answer,I'm willing to give the character a chance but I dont see what she brings to the table,Carrie Kelly as well,thankfully Tomasi shelved her.

@iaconpoint said:

She's a member of Batman INC.

Oh crap, I'd forgotten about that. D'oh! I'll have to change my vote to Barbara because I prefer her as Oracle and of the way they have treated Stephanie before Eternal came out.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lifeofvibe

wow i am very suprise to see batman and batwoman so high also my prodiction was wrong

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By Jphu8414

*Sees 10% for Titus, 13% for Batman, and 2% for Alfred*

No Caption Provided

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@the_tree said:

@xwraith: Damian's dog.

Woow Woow Woow

He was there before Damian he'll be here long after (and still is)

Hes Bruce Waynes Dog

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Alfred.

Not really, I'm not a fan of Damian.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I HATE THE BRAT!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

Woow Woow Woow

Hes Bruce Waynes Dog

No, he most certainly was not.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

I HAVEN'T READ ANY COMICS THAT ARE LESS THAN 2-3 YEARS OLD WITH THE BRAT!

*Fixed. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Jason.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@jaken7 said:

@thecheesestabber said:
@the_tree said:

Woow Woow Woow

Hes Bruce Waynes Dog

No, he most certainly was not.

...It was Ace before Titus!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By PunyParker

@jaken7 said:

@punyparker said:
@ninjablade09 said:

I HAVEN'T READ ANY COMICS THAT ARE LESS THAN 2-3 YEARS OLD WITH THE BRAT!

*Fixed. :P

The brat exists for 8 yrs,so its not that of a difference.... ;)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: It's a titanic difference. That Damian was not this Damian. It's called character development and growth. There is hardly anyone who still thinks he's a brat, and those that do are ignorant about the character (like you).

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By sentryman555

I chose Batwoman. I don't mind her as a character but I feel like she shouldn't wear the bat symbol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman barely let Tim drake become Robin and never lets other superheroes come into Gotham and do stuff without his permission. He has even told the justice league to stay out before. There's no way he would let a random girl wear a bat and be batwoman. He would tell her to give it up like he did numerous times to others. Batwoman literally should not be allowed to exist, batman just wouldn't have that.

That said, as a character she hasn't done anything to make me hate her (aside fromwearing the bat symbol) so Damian is still the worst.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: it's fair to say that he was still a brat when he died. Less of a brat but still a brat. He had yet to grow to the level of maturity of any of the other robins.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@punyparker: It's a titanic difference. That Damian was not this Damian. It's called character development and growth. There is hardly anyone who still thinks he's a brat, and those that do are ignorant about the character (like you).

I have an opinion.
I don't like him.
That's it.

@jayc1324 said:

That said, as a character she hasn't done anything to make me hate her (aside fromwearing the bat symbol) so Damian is still the worst.

Thank you.

And i really sympathise to Tim.......really like this guy,and think he wouldbe even better if not for the Damian-Bruce death thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Tim is my favorite member after batman. He really got screwed when Damian came along, just for Damian to die later on. Granted, we did get to see him in his own red robin series but he slowly started to become less and less important after Damian showed up. Looks like that could all be changing in batman eternal though

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@jaken7: it's fair to say that he was still a brat when he died. Less of a brat but still a brat. He had yet to grow to the level of maturity of any of the other robins.

Dat growth though!

@jaken7 said:

I have an opinion.

I don't like him.

That's it.

@jayc1324 said:

Thank you.

And i really sympathise to Tim.......really like this guy,and think he wouldbe even better if not for the Damian-Bruce death thing.

Yes, but it's an uneducated opinion. What if I'd only read Superior Spider-Man, and so I thought SpOck was the best Spider-Man?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@punyparker: Tim is my favorite member after batman. He really got screwed when Damian came along, just for Damian to die later on. Granted, we did get to see him in his own red robin series but he slowly started to become less and less important after Damian showed up. Looks like that could all be changing in batman eternal though

Well,my favorite member after Bruce is Dick as Nightwing,but Tim is a really likeable character......if im not wrong he's the less wisecracking Robin,right?.....

And i have to confess,i hate the idea of the "Robin" character in general......the kiddish sidekick.....
Although i dont hate any Robin except Damian,on the contrary i love both 3,but the idea of Robin never attracted me......Nightwing,Red Hood and Red Robin are better suited for them.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

What if I'd only read Superior Spider-Man, and so I thought SpOck was the best Spider-Man?

There are people who do,believe me....

I just dont/didn't like his arrogance,and his general style.
He had his momments,okay,but i still can't find myself liking him....

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

What if I'd only read Superior Spider-Man, and so I thought SpOck was the best Spider-Man?

There are people who do,believe me....

I just dont/didn't like his arrogance,and his general style.

He had his momments,okay,but i still can't find myself liking him....

Alright, alright, fair enough. Damian's still arrogant as hell. It's part of his charm. It's become endearing now that he's not such an a**hole.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: yeah tim definitely doesn't wisecrack as much as dick or even Jason but he's still playful and very likeable.

I like the robin idea but I do agree they are better eventually going on their own. But I like seeing then bond and work with Batman first. No sidekick of Batman's lasts forever so I try to enjoy them working with him while it lasts. Have you heard of bluebird?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@jaken7: There are some people out there that believe that SpOck was a better Spider-Man because he was the more effective one. It has merits even if I disagree with the opinion.

Not everyone has to like Damian Wayne and while his persona did soften up in the new 52, I can still see why people view him as a jerk.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: ive read all about that character and i hat em he a brat

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: ive read all about that character and i hat em he a brat

I doubt it, and no he's not.

Volfgang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman but i vote in Batman for the Arkham Origins bugs

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By JulieDC

Damian Wayne, I don't think I'll ever be able to call him "Robin" because in my eyes, he isn't, heck its already asking too much of me to even call him "Damian Wayne" since I see him as an al-Ghul. I just can't get into dark and edgy characters and he reminds me too much of today's kids and after having to deal with teenagers a few months ago, I don't want any reminders.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman himself, lululululululululul.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Tim. After and during the Battle of the Cowl his character became too brattish for me.
I don't see any reason why people would hate Batwoman, maybe because she isn't a hardcore member?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Tim, but I don't know Batwoman.

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick. Just so freaking bland and unoriginal. Jason is by far my favorite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL. How can some of you batman?

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman.

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My least favourite Bat-family member isn't on this list.

I don't like Barbara Gordon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@bruxae:

He beated Huntress which she is adult daughter of Batman and Catwoman of Earth 2

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#96  Edited By Transformers1024

Crap, I accidentally clicked Titus when I really meant Damian. I am glad that little piece of $hit is dead.

Why does everyone hate Batwoman?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@vitalius said:

@bruxae:

He beated Huntress which she is adult daughter of Batman and Catwoman of Earth 2

Yeah, that is a big part of why I dislike him. They are both Batman's children but of course the boy has to win even though he hasn't even gotten his pubes yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@bruxae:

That last part is kind gross. Even if Earth-2 Batman isnt skilled as Batman from Prime-Earth, she was trainned by Batman and Catwoman probably other members of Earth-2. And Helena is probably at her prime age while Damien probably just begin enter on that phase.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99  Edited By ComicStooge

@bruxae said:

@vitalius said:

@bruxae:

Yeah, that is a big part of why I dislike him. They are both Batman's children but of course the boy has to win even though he hasn't even gotten his pubes yet.

The boy is the rightful heir of Batman.

No Caption Provided

Not because he's a boy, but because he deserves to wear the 'R' more than anyone ever has. ;)

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#100  Edited By SupBatz

Why does everyone hate Batwoman?

The general consensus (which I do not think merits disliking the character) seems to be that she is not really a member of the Bat-Family. The fact that she is largely unaffiliated with Bruce and the rest of his cohorts makes her the odd one out when voting.

Personally, I don't think that she should have been included on this list. Same with Titus. Both are not really members of Bruce's Bat-Family. If anything, Kate's Bat-Family (herself, Bette, Jacob, Maggie, Montoya) is a completely separate entity.

So the way I see it, the choices to voice for should have been:

Bruce, Dick, Barbara, Jason, Tim, Cassandra, Stephanie, Damian, Selina, Alfred, Helena (Wayne and/or Bertinelli), and Gordon.

But if Batwoman had to be included in the voting, then other characters in Batman Inc also should have been included for more variety. I guarantee the results would have been far different had this been the case.