least favorite bat family member?

• 108 results
lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll least favorite bat family member? (119 votes)

batman 10%
batwoman 29%
dick 3%
damian 18%
tim 12%
jason 14%
alfred (say alfred and your dead) 3%
titus 13%

popularity contest ALL THE FREAKING TIME so how about an unpopularity contest

• 
lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and the answer is jason my prodiction for 50 votes

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason is a jerk

Dick>Jason by far

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batwoman

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batwoman because she's not really, and DC's trying to force her inclusion and it's dumb.

opticblast98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman is probably the least liked, and I thought more people liked Jason, I guess I was wrong

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of them I'm just kind of indifferent to, but I can't stand Jason.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alfred yea i'm a rule breaker LOLOL

Titus it was batwoman but new 52 made her grow on me.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Out of this list, Titus.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By I3IO_HAZARD

@vitalius: Not nearly as much as Pre-52 Jason Todd

Oh and second place is Tim Drake, an absolutely boring character with absolutely no edge to him

Dick Grayson>All

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@i3io_hazard:

Agreed Tim Drake is kind boring character, and he really needs new edge.

Sure Jason is jerk but kind understand his point most of time but now he isnt that bad. But Damian is spoilled jerk child.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at the people who picked Titus. Anyway, I picked Damian but I hated pre 52 Jason more than Damian. And I don't hate batwoman as I've never read her series but I hate how DC is trying to make her part of the bat family. She has nothing to do with batman and doesn't deserve to wear a bat on her chest. I would really rather just have her start interacting with batman more so she actually feels like a part of it instead of just sticking her in wherever. She showed up in batman eternal 2 today, as if she is actually part of the bat family and batman cares about her. Its the bat FAMILY. They all care about each other and have deep, strong, relationships. I don't even think batwoman knows Batman's real name.

Also, bluebird and Carrie Kelley could have been in the poll too, and tim is usually my favorite but he's been sucking in new 52. Hopefully the new teen titans series or his appearances in batman eternal can fix that. I also hold a small grudge for dick after he kicked Tim out if the Robin role for that brat Damian.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Batwoman, don't really dislike her, just don't care about her.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Damian, I just dont like how overrated he got. I am not comfortable with little kids beating adult superheroes just for the cool factor.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's Titus?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By deathstroke52

Nobody must vote Alfred lol.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I refuse to vote as I like every Bat-family member that you listed. Each of them has their own unique personality and character that really adds depth and variety to the Bat-family.

Did some people actually vote for Titus or Alfred? Do you people have no souls?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lifeofvibe

@jphu8414: i can understand why some one would say titus....okay maybe i dont understand it DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO SOUL!?!?!?!?!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Captain13

The person I voted for is in the lead, as he should be.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

New 52 Tim, hands down. If not him, then Carrie Kelly, followed by Harper Row (if we were to count either of them).

Asides for those three, I really like every member of the Bat-Family in their own ways.

And while Batwoman is actually my favorite character among those listed, I'm not sure it's appropriate to include her here, solely because her status as a "Bat-Family Member" is very ambiguous. We're not really sure where she stands at this point. Ideally, I'd say keep her out of the Bat-Family. Have her gain a greater role in the DC Universe as a whole, but do so without making her part of Bruce's family. If anything, I'd say that Kate, Maggie, Jacob, and Bette (and ideally Montoya, if she were still around) make up their own Bat-Family, separate from Bruce's.

Dro77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you forgot Barbara, don't get me wrong she's my favourite but just sayin'

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: What you said. She had no place in the Bat- family because she has as much to do with Bruce as Jessica Drew does with Peter Parker. Having said that, there is no logical, in- story reason Bruce would allow her to wear the Bat-symbol. She should not exist.

And whoever voted Titus should be brought up on charges! RUFF!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dro77: i forgot about her (no really) shes non essential in my mind i guess

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deaditegonzo

Batman. Id love to see an elseworld's ongoing, where Batman is dead and Dick has taken over. I may leave mainstream DC entirely if that happened.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LordoftheNorth

@deaditegonzo: i dont know why people say this Dick was batman for a year and he sucked at it Bruce is the only real Batman their is and will ever be

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman with her only really being a gay female batman and a boring one at that not to mention a bitch i kind of wish she would drop being a bat a go do something else becuase she really dosnt bring anything worth while to the Batman mythos

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: i dont know why people say this Dick was batman for a year and he sucked at it Bruce is the only real Batman their is and will ever be

This is the problem. Whats the point of following a character who is "just a human", if in every aspect he is a super human. At this point, Batman has super human strength, endurance, regeneration, etc. A universe where Batman dies would go a long way to make the character somewhat interesting.

Its actually why I like the Nolan Batman the best of all versions, because he is just a man.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: this is nonsense nowhere did i say any of that all i said was that Dick wasnt a good Batman which he wasnt batman is suppose to be dark, intimadating and completely selfless Dick is none of those things and Nolans Batman maybe just a man but he is also a selfess cowardly and a moron no wonder you like him

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She had no place in the Bat- family because she has as much to do with Bruce as Jessica Drew does with Peter Parker. Having said that, there is no logical, in- story reason Bruce would allow her to wear the Bat-symbol. She should not exist.

Batwoman with her only really being a gay female batman and a boring one at that not to mention a bitch i kind of wish she would drop being a bat a go do something else becuase she really dosnt bring anything worth while to the Batman mythos

While I can't really comment on the argument that Batwoman is boring and bitchy, because that is a matter of opinion, I don't think it's fair to say that she shouldn't exist or that she should drop the "Bat" from her name.

Kate is not intended to be a member of Bruce's Bat-Family. She possesses little-to-no relationship with Bruce (though DC might be pushing to change that now, unfortunately). The only like that she has to Batman is that she was inspired by him. She led a directionless life and had nearly every significant aspect of herself ripped away from her. So when she happened to be saved by Batman while being mugged, she was motivated by the ideals that he stood for and realized that she could make something of herself by following the same path that Bruce did. From that point forward, she and Batman have absolutely no connection. She's not meant to be a part of the Bat-Family or to be considered an ally of Bruce. She instead represents somebody who was inspired by him to become her own distinct version of Batman.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lifeofvibe

i hate kate

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: the two females i hate in the bat family barbara and kate they literally have no reason to be around like at all the others had a reason

cassandras mother is a villain

stephenie father villain wanted to defeat him

surely better reasons then those 2

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Kate's spent her entire life having the things that she cares about ripped away from her. Violence shaped her childhood, just like it did Bruce's, leaving her to grow up thinking that her mother and twin sister had both been murdered by terrorists. She latched onto the military like her father, training herself to be a soldier so as to protect others so that nobody would experience the same loss that she did.

(Sound familiar so far? It's a lot like Bruce's motivations for become Batman, wouldn't you say?)

Then, Kate even had her identity as a soldier taken from her, being discharged due to her sexual orientation. Her life became directionless and she fell into alcoholism and depression. All until she was inspired by Batman. He represented the ideal that she once believed: that a person could intervene in the savage violence of the world and bring order and justice to others. And her desire to help others was reignited, only no longer did she desire to be a soldier. Now she wanted to become a symbol that could do more than any nameless soldier.

And even after all of this, her sister came back into her life as Alice. An insane supervillain whom Kate nearly killed before realizing that she was her sister.

It's okay if you don't like Kate, as a character. But it's a pretty bold claim to say that she "Has no reason to be around." Because she has just as much a reason to be a hero as does any other Bat character.

As for Barbara, her father was the police commissioner. She grew up in awe of the good that he did for Gotham. And through him, she learned to idolize Batman for the changes that he was able to make to Gotham. She was driven to become Batgirl because her father was in trouble (in most modern tellings of her origin, that is). And from there, she did not want to give up being a hero. Even when she was paralyzed doing so. She was still a hero and active member of the Bat-Family while wheelchair-bound.

Again, it is okay for you not to like either character. But Kate and Barbara do have reasons to exists. They're not just throwaway characters without any motivation. They have both more than earned their titles.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Damian with Jason right after

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: sorry you can say that all you want but the moment you put on a bat you directly link yourself to Batman or less taking on the bat is meaningless in Batgirl this was brought up perfectly when assamed of what happened with her brother she tore off the symbol becuase she understood that it is Bruce's symbol not hers and by wearing it she was being disrepeatful to what that symbol means and what it repersents Kate on the other hand tries to claim it as her own and whins and complains when Batman didnt tell her everything about anything at the exact moment that they meet and proceeds to bitch everytime he gets within 5 feet of her and the only reason Batman hasnt backhanded her is becuase people would freak out he beat on a gay charcter

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Only ones I really like are Jason and Alfred.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatCow

What gives him the right to judge me!? *Eats a Thickburger*

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: Difference of opinion, then. I argue that the symbol has a different meaning for everybody. And even if we were just looking at it as a symbol of operating by Bruce's code, Kate hasn't really violated it. The most she's done to violate the code is almost kill her sister (much like Barbara almost killed her brother; but Kate's doing so was not intentional unlike Barbara) and refuse to operate with Batman, which is her prerogative. I think it'd be boring if Kate was inducted as a member of Bruce's family. Heck, I think it's about time that she leave Gotham for a while and really establish herself away from the Bat-Family.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: you wouldnt be reading this book if she didnt have the symbol....truth

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: i agree since the new 52 started with learning about her family i thought it would be far more interesting if she would have ditched the bat name and joined up with her father and the rest of the murder of crows to fight the supernatural around the world

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: With all due respect, that is a completely different argument. Before, we were speaking about the In-Universe reasons for Kate to wear the Bat symbol and my assertion was that those reasons more than warranted her to do so.

If you'd rather discuss the marketing standpoint of having a Bat on your chest, I'd be more than happy to go there as well. While it is possible that I might not have discovered Kate were it not for her being named Batwoman and my love of the Batman universe, I am not attracted to her character solely because she's a Bat character. I like her for what she stands for, her supporting cast, and the stories that she has produced in her short-yet-stellar career. In fact, I give you my word that I would continue to follow Kate even if she ditched the Bat title, a move that I wouldn't be adamantly opposed to.

@lordofthenorth: That makes for a pretty interesting idea. I definitely think that Kate needs to get back to the supernatural stuff soon, something she's lost touch with for a while now. And regardless of whether or not she calls herself "Batwoman", I think it would be cool to see her leave Gotham and work in other areas of the DC Universe. I'm a huge supporter of the idea that Kate should become a member of the Justice League Dark. All that supernatural goodness would be great for her. Plus, it's time to put some distance between Kate and Bruce, in my opinion, as well as to give her a greater role in the DC Universe as a whole.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: i know i know i just couldnt help but mentioning it since we were talking about the symbol no need to get slightly hostile :)

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people hate damian? makes sense....

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the hate for Damian. I don't know who Titus is so I guess that's my pick. Batwoman would be second since she never really interested me as a character.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: I didn't mean to come off as hostile. I was just making a counter-argument in Batwoman's favor. Apologies if it came off as confrontational, which was not my intention.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I don't get the hate for Damian. I don't know who Titus is so I guess that's my pick. Batwoman would be second since she never really interested me as a character.

It's rather simple really, Damian comes across as a jerk and gets a lot of writer favoritism. Now I don't hate Damian, I think that when he is with characters who can balance out his off-putting personality, he's actually rather fun to read about but I can see why people don't like him.

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkenpunk said:

It's rather simple really, Damian comes across as a jerk and gets a lot of writer favoritism. Now I don't hate Damian, I think that when he is with characters who can balance out his off-putting personality, he's actually rather fun to read about but I can see why people don't like him.

I suppose so. Throughout the issues Damian was developed and his jerkish personality was less and less evident. I don't really know why people clung onto their hate for him when writers broke down his personality cocoon. Sure Damian was snarky, but that's just part of his personality. That doesn't automatically make him a jerk. Most people who dislike Damian's character are people who don't actually read the titles he's in.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@lifeofvibe: That's what I do, I take the most complex questions and answer them in a way that everyone can understand.