#1 Posted by PatriotPerson (134 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry if this has been done before. Anyways, I was wondering what you all would think about Killer Moth being the main villain in a Batman film. Does that sound good? Let me know what you guys think.

#2 Posted by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

only if he keeps the striped long johns.

#3 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

They would have to do some amount of revamping to get him to work

#4 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

If they used his Arkham Asylum design:

#5 Edited by BattheMan008 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHA! Thanks for this. :) Seriously though, I doubt that. All though, now that you mention him...I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Beware the Batman.

#6 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

If they gave him a army style black jumpsuit with the Arkham mask (no horns or antennae), never referred to him as Killer moth or related him to moths in anyway (except maybe a speech that referred to "moths to a flame" or something like that somehow), and made him a terrorist or assassin, the answer would be it could work, but will never happen.

#7 Edited by PatriotPerson (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

How in any way at all is that Killer Moth? This forum is about Killer Moth, not some terrorist guy that has nothing to do with what the Killer Moth really is.

#8 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@patriotperson: That's exactly my point. They would have to change the character beyond recognition in order for him to work on screen.

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12605 posts) - - Show Bio

They could take the whole colors and some other thing out.

But he can actually work, main problem is that he would be a secondary villain.

#10 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess... if they could do something interesting with him, why not?

There is just so many other villains I'd rather see on film... but you never know, maybe a film is what Killer Moth needs to propell him to greatness.

#11 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@breadspread: I think you need to look at that picture posted by MartianManhunterisbetterthanCyborg again. That will NEVER BE PROPELLED TO GREATNESS.

#12 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Moth's claim to fame is that he launched Barbara's Batgirl career pre-52. He does have some potential but he'd need a complete redesign and such.

Oh also, pre-new52 he became mutated and if you used that you could create a fairly good movie, but he's far too unknown and you need a lot of work to get there which hollywood will never do.

#13 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: hahaha... You have a point, although the premise of the charcter could be interesting in the hands of the right writer.

#14 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Moth sucks, but could be salvaged. Maybe they take off on the idea that he constantly fails, and so he tries to "go straight", failing at that too.

#15 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@breadspread: Agreed. But for now.....he's WAY too gimmicky.

#16 Edited by SushiGut (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Gimmicky? He has a cocoon gun, a gun that literally shoots cocoon webbing at you

#17 Posted by PatriotPerson (134 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok... So if doesn't happen now, I'm going to be disappointed.