#1 Posted by RDClip (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

I challenge the current "_____ as Batman" threads with my own.

I'm tired of origin stories so I want the next batmovie to start in medias res. An older grizzled Batman that has been doing his thing for a number of years and is well experienced.

Either Jon Hamm or Tom Jane would be awesome as Bats.They are both fantastic actors and are able to do darker roles. Tom Jane was the best thing about the 2004 Punisher and the dude can be intimidating as hell. Jon Hamm can play a cool as ice Bruce Wayne and a man with a dark secret like in Mad Men.

#2 Edited by Knightfall225 (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

none we dont need an old aes batman ! we need one around 34-33 Dc and warnerbrothers are rebooting batma

n by using superman as an insipration for allotha DC charctera to come out into thepublic .... a 34 year ild batman is greatbecause he can still be that playboybruce wayneand stick around longenough for more batmb movies .....voteryan gosling or joe mangniello

#3 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon Hamm has said several times he is not going to make superhero movies.

Tom Jane is the Punisher and there is no point in recast him.

Even if you want an older actor there are better choices.

Dean Jeffrey Morgan, he is amazingly underrated and in Magic City he show he has the class and the moves to be Bruce Wayne.

#4 Edited by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom Jane could work. *nodnod*

#5 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon Hamm has said several times he is not going to make superhero movies .

Dean Jeffrey Morgan, he is amazingly underrated and in Magic City he show he has the class and the moves to be Bruce Wayne.

Yeah, until he sees what they're willing to pay him. Haha. Dean Jeffery Morgan is near a perfect choice! Just too bad he's almost 50. Difficult keeping a guy his age in shape throughout the course of 3 or more movies..

#6 Posted by The_Tree (7931 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish we could get Jon Hamm as Batman. Nobody looks more perfect for Bruce Wayne than he does.

#7 Edited by RDClip (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

none we dont need an old aes batman ! we need one around 34-33 Dc and warnerbrothers are rebooting batma

n by using superman as an insipration for allotha DC charctera to come out into thepublic .... a 34 year ild batman is greatbecause he can still be that playboybruce wayneand stick around longenough for more batmb movies .....voteryan gosling or joe mangniello

Robert Downey Jr. is much older than either Hamm or Jane and he is arguably the biggest superhero actor today.

I don't want another two and a half hour batman movie where we have to put up with an hour of going through the same backstory we've recently seen done. MoS is passible because the last time film audiences have seen Supes origin was 1978. We last saw Batman's orgin in 2006. Everyone should know by now who Bruce Wayne was and if they don't, the movie can do a quick flashback scene like in Burton's 1989 Batman.

DC should try something new and present an experienced Batman who has already fought hard battles and is still pushing through.

Jon Hamm has said several times he is not going to make superhero movies.

I believe Jon Hamm was once considered to be Superman, so at one point he was receptive to being in a superhero movie.

I honestly doubt Marvel will try again anytime soon with Punisher when they failed to followup on War Zone.

If you think there are other better choices for an older bat's, other than Morgan (who I agree would be good) I'd honestly like to know who you have in mind.

#8 Posted by fil123 (611 posts) - - Show Bio

if superman is 33 in mos WB will not have an aged batman, you guys need to understand that. Batman will be around the same age, doesnt mean you have t reboot. when batman appears in JL, reboot or batman/supes movie(my dream) he should be like a year or two into batman.

they will keep him young so they can have a few jl and batman movies

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12495 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: I had say old Batman could work, i mean how many times we have seen young Batman so far?

Always, i mean Nolan was the only one that show a Batman that got his ass kicked for all the damage he take for the years, but he was still 38 or something like that, the oldest Batman in live action was 38 or 39, not even 40, also there is no need to go back, it would work better if in some way like the Hulk, it looks its the tv show Hulk, The first movie Hulk, but its his own Hulk.

Just cast some one in his late 30 early 40s, then you will have no problem using the background from the past Batman tv shows and movies.

Karl Urban 41

Tim Roth 52

Donnie Yen 49

Many people have even talk about Scott Adkins 37, but i have to be honest he would only work for a JL movie Batman, also he looks younger.

like Tom Jane, but he should be a vegan cop, also he is not so smart about casting choices he said no to Mad Men.

@kraytrawk: Dude they have talk to him, several times and said no, besides he look happy making small movies.

Also he did a video about Lex Luthor and many sources point, he is more interested in being a super villain that a super hero.