• 89 results
#1 Posted by PunyParker (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

They're the best artists DC has to offer...

Who draws the best Batman?!

#2 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee draws Batman more realistic, but his art is clearly becoming worse, Capullo's art is more dark and gritty, which fits better in Batman.

#3 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: capulo, his version of injured batman is more sexy

#4 Posted by toplel (917 posts) - - Show Bio

His gauntlets are supposed to be strong enough to block swords, but they stick perfectly to his forearms when Lee draws him. Lee might be talented, but hes overrated as hell. Capullo all day, erryday.

#5 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber: Frazer is the boss, he and Paul Pope, NO ONE WILL EVER BEAT (minus when you are Alex Ross)

#7 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber: Some art are horrible, just like Frazer, but they capture the insanity of the characters, their dark aspect, that's why I love him. Like Capullo's art, it's not great, but he captures the dark essence of Batman. Ross capture the reality of dark and light perfectly.

#9 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber: Some art are horrible, just like Frazer, but they capture the insanity of the characters, their dark aspect, that's why I love him. Like Capullo's art, it's not great, but he captures the dark essence of Batman. Ross capture the reality of dark and light perfectly.

Alex Ross <33

See You In Your Nightmares!

#10 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Captain13 (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

capullo is better. cleaner images and can draw different faces

#13 Posted by PunyParker (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

Capullo's art is more clear.....i dont know what to say,they're both awesome,really.

#14 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee everyday, all day.

#17 Posted by PunyParker (10877 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by MideonNViscera (367 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll choose Lee though I don't mind Capullo. Not a big fan of his faces though.

#19 Edited by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

listened to capullo on fatman on batman he is the worst. don't ever talk again just go do your mediocre drawings. lee is good.

#20 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21843 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee draws Batman more realistic, but his art is clearly becoming worse, Capullo's art is more dark and gritty, which fits better in Batman.

#21 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee ftw

#22 Posted by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee

#23 Posted by chrisj_1 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@conradoaccorsi: Sorry dude I admire Lee's work but I would never call it realistic. Stylized? Dynamic? Detailed? Yes, but not realistic. You're never going to find spandex much less Kevlar molding around the body like that in real life. Or humans with those proportions for that matter.

Hard to choose which I like best though because I've always been a huge fan of Jim Lee's work so that leaves me a bit biased but I dunno there's something about Capullo's art that I admire but can't quite put my finger on. Much more simple, cleaner I dunno what it is I loved it ever since I first picked up Court of Owls.

#24 Posted by dbatdog (541 posts) - - Show Bio

the fudge? no question its jim lee!

but i'm beginning to like capulo's work in his current batman run

#25 Edited by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Capullo is neater

#26 Posted by PapiNacho (2408 posts) - - Show Bio

Capullo is Batman's artist. Hopefully forever.

#27 Posted by RustyRoy (12703 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee

#28 Posted by cameron83 (7296 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Bruxae (13834 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee.

#30 Posted by Dud317 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

This is like asking blondes or brunettes.

#31 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Lee. There's just something about Capullo's work that doesn't work for me. I don't know what. I also didn't care for the way he drew the dirty and beat up Batman in issues 6&7. Jim on the hand draws Batman exactly the way I picture him, especially since he changed the build, and mad him look slimmer in the New 52. The only problem I had with Jim's pre-52 work was Batman looked way too buff. But as others have said, Jim hasn't done his best lately, and is getting sloppy. I still have to go with him, love his Bats.

#32 Posted by dondave (37378 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee ftw. Greg's Batman art hasn't impressed me.

#33 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both, but I'll side with Jim Lee in this battle.

#34 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

Capullo does better Joker Animated Covers

Have Fun Sleeping!

#35 Posted by dbatdog (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Have Fun Sleeping!

NICE!

#36 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Greg's stuff is really powerful and symbolic but Lee's work is beyond gorgeous and his splash pages are second to none.

#38 Posted by ReachDestroyer (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Burnham

#39 Posted by BigCimmerian (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee easy.

#40 Posted by SilverPool (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

#41 Edited by PunyParker (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

Have Fun Sleeping!

"Have fun sleeping"?.... i will!

I love the Joker?!!....

(nice gifs)

#42 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Theres another that has the smile, its not as good it just jumps around laughing

#43 Posted by PunyParker (10877 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by lifeofvibe (3482 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a really hard one...i give up

#46 Posted by lifeofvibe (3482 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wait i think ill pick the better pic jim lee unfortunatly that gregs batman at the moment looks really really bland its why i dont like batman the animated series (yaaa come at me) the animation was so bland but in the last season something changed but before ugh

#47 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11578 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee was my favorite artist of all time but his New 52 has damaged his reputation in my eyes. Gotten a lot worse and less iconic, almost lazy. The splash pages are still the greatest of all time, but it's of a lesser quality. Capullo knows how to draw a great dark and gritty version of Gotham and Batman but it can't compare to Jim Lee for me. Compared to Lee, his art isn't impressive in my eyes.

#49 Posted by neale7 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Greg Capullo for me. I used to think Jim Lee's art was amazing, but i just find it a bore now. Greg can actually draw faces that look different. Lex Luther and Harvey Dent look like identical twins in Hush.

#50 Posted by PunyParker (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee was my favorite artist of all time but his New 52 has damaged his reputation in my eyes. Gotten a lot worse and less iconic, almost lazy. The splash pages are still the greatest of all time, but it's of a lesser quality. Capullo knows how to draw a great dark and gritty version of Gotham and Batman but it can't compare to Jim Lee for me. Compared to Lee, his art isn't impressive in my eyes.

Batman Hush is exceptionally drawn,still.
I like his JL work.....