• 50 results
#1 Edited by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

batman vs superman is going to need a new batman. jason momoa has martial arts training is built and actually looks like the batman from arkham city. not to mention his deep voice. he has my vote for the new batman.

what do you guys think?

cut the hair and slap a bat cowl on that guy! ^ thats batman!

#2 Edited by flameboy298 (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk man....Can someone photoshop him with the cowl on him?

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...no

#4 Edited by MasterDetective (832 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Steven Seagle

#5 Posted by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually find this somewhat acceptable. The one thing is, he has a dark demeanor, which could work as he may serve as the antagonist in MoS2.

#7 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

No, yea he could look the part but I don't think he could pull off the character beyond that.

#8 Posted by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio
the classic batman mug - minus the beard
jason momoa's batman scowl
in black - like batman

#9 Edited by RustyRoy (12715 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks the part but I;ve only seen him in GoT and he pretty did nothing to impress me.

#10 Posted by SOG7dc (7178 posts) - - Show Bio

he looks great for the role. but

1. does he have a good voice to play both bruce and batman?

2. is he a good actor?

#11 Posted by flameboy298 (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: He's a good actor he just doesn't look the part I see him more of a villian then a Hero

#12 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

looks great for the role. need 5 years of acting school to pull it off. watch conan. you'll know.

#13 Posted by SOG7dc (7178 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298:

i think he looks the part better than bale did. put ur finger over his nose and just look at his jaw line. he could pull off bruce

#14 Posted by flameboy298 (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: maybe...still looks like a villian to me IMO

#15 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he is terrible but I wouldn't call him a good actor. His performances so far have been pretty much "one note", none if his roles really called for much emotional range so I guess I could forgive his flat performances. I don't think he is capable of the depth needed to portray Bruce's tortured soul, and, I just wouldn't buy that Momoa is intelligent enough to be the worlds greatest detective.

#16 Posted by russellmania77 (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe

#17 Edited by TJSH96 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE JASON MOMOA FOR BATMAN! IN MY OPINION, HE'S THE PERFECT BATMAN!!!!!

#18 Posted by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

people are afraid of not having a completely white Batman

#19 Posted by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncleemu: agreed.

this guy looks the part, his voice is deep enough, he has martial arts training, and has better acting than most give him credit for he's my number one pick!

#20 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio
Let me think!
GET OUT!!!

Seriously NO! He lacks the voice and sophisticated look for Bruce Wayne!

#21 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's a good enough actor - not to say that he can't improve or wouldn't have to improve to carry Batman, but I'd welcome him if they choose him. Dude is enormous and can fight very well and looks good enough for Bruce IMO.

Most of his roles has been brutish people like Ronan Dex, or Conan, but I think people could be surprised how well he could clean up to pull off Bruce.

#22 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused why people think he "lacks the voice"? Please tell me you're not wanting another Bale Batman voice? At least Jason Mamoa would be understandable. I mean, I don't speak Dothraki, but I could make out the words he was saying when he spoke it. Bale was supposed to be speaking English and I had NO clue what he was saying. However if you're thinking Kevin Conroy... well can't argue with that - the guy has the perfect Batman voice. Pitty he doesn't look the part.

#23 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: I agree. We don't need someone to do "Bale Batman voice"

Hell. I'd rather they just give him a cool voice changing gadget when talking to people who shouldn't be hearing his voice. I'd realistically be able to say to myself "Ok, he's got some super gadget via Wayne Enterprises to conceal his voice. Makes sense"

#24 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio
@wishiwassuperman said:

I'm confused why people think he "lacks the voice"? Please tell me you're not wanting another Bale Batman voice? At least Jason Mamoa would be understandable. I mean, I don't speak Dothraki, but I could make out the words he was saying when he spoke it. Bale was supposed to be speaking English and I had NO clue what he was saying. However if you're thinking Kevin Conroy... well can't argue with that - the guy has the perfect Batman voice. Pitty he doesn't look the part.

Perhaps you should read the full statements then before posting! It normally helps!

#25 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: The full statement was "Seriously NO! He lacks the voice and sophisticated look for Bruce Wayne!"

Ok - I re-read your statement and now realise you're talking about how he would sound as Bruce. Got it, single sentence structure - I'm not used to seeing people correctly use punctuation (or lack of it in this case). I read it with an apostrophe.

So yeah I get it. I disagree, but I got it now.

#26 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm down but I doubt he'll take it. he'll probably ask for way more money.

( + )

#27 Posted by TJSH96 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them to choose Jason Momoa for Batman.

#28 Posted by JakeN7 (12433 posts) - - Show Bio

Khal Drogo is too over the top. Batman/Bruce Wayne needs to be a LOT more reserved.

Also, his Native Hawaiian ethnicity is really prominent due to his darker complexion. This isn't Electro, you can't just switch races on Batman. Now, if he was right for the role, I'd say skin color wouldn't be too big of an issue. But, since I don't think he is, and he would need a lot of work anyways, it's a valid point.

#29 Posted by andrsboes82 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Adkins or Josh Brolin!

#30 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

@andrsboes82: Scott Adkins is barely an actor and Josh Brolin is all ready 45. Not to mention....Jonah Hex and The Goonies? Pass.

@jaken7 said:

Khal Drogo is too over the top. Batman/Bruce Wayne needs to be a LOT more reserved.

Also, his Native Hawaiian ethnicity is really prominent due to his darker complexion. This isn't Electro, you can't just switch races on Batman. Now, if he was right for the role, I'd say skin color wouldn't be too big of an issue. But, since I don't think he is, and he would need a lot of work anyways, it's a valid point.

Have you seen Stargate Atlantis? He played Ronan Dex on that show for 5 years. If you've only seen him as Khal Drogo than you've only got a glass half-full view right now.

Race should never be an issue. I'm sorry it just shouldn't.

#31 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him in atlantis, but is he a bit tall to play batman? Wouldn't help the ol secret identity if he was a head taller than everyone

#32 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

I liked him in atlantis, but is he a bit tall to play batman? Wouldn't help the ol secret identity if he was a head taller than everyone

He's 6'4. Cavill is 6'1. Strictly adhering to the comics, it should be the other way around but given the fact that Superman has unbelievable powers and Batman doesn't, I think having Batman be physical more imposing would be better in terms of balance.

#33 Posted by longbowhunter (7083 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever they pick is really going to have to sell me on his capability to play both Batman AND Bruce Wayne. Michael Keaton played a great Batman but his Bruce Wayne was really lackluster. Bale was amazing as Bruce but his Batman was too gravely. I want an actor who can balance the scales. I don't see Mamoa being that guy.

#34 Edited by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

He's 6'4. Cavill is 6'1. Strictly adhering to the comics, it should be the other way around but given the fact that Superman has unbelievable powers and Batman doesn't, I think having Batman be physical more imposing would be better in terms of balance.

As batman really tall would make him more menacing, but I think it would be awkward as bruce. Just my opinion. Maybe just over thinking it

#35 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: Ew. I thought Kilmer was easily best Batman (not Bruce) out of the Burten trilogy.

Biggest issues with Bale's Batman is 1. The voice...unnecessary. Give him a voice changing gadget if he needs to hide it. 2. The fight choreography was lackluster.

#36 Posted by longbowhunter (7083 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter: Ew. I thought Kilmer was easily best Batman (not Bruce) out of the Burten trilogy.

Batman Forever was Schumacher, not Burton. And you may be right about Val Kilmer but I've erased everything after Returns from my memory.

#37 Edited by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

i was close...looks like he's aquaman instead lol

#38 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him as Batman- NOT Bruce Wayne.

#39 Posted by ComicStooge (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.

#41 Posted by Wolverine08 (42232 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by PatMcgroin (65 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#43 Posted by Cloakx14 (3063 posts) - - Show Bio

no. I rather see jeffrey Donovan from Burn Notice as Batman.

#44 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Liev Schrieber would make the best Batman.

#45 Posted by ComicStooge (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Fassbender as Batman.

Make it so.

#46 Edited by Wolverine08 (42232 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Fassbender as Batman.

Make it so.

#47 Posted by Subject87 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.. He's not QUITE batman.

But he is in the new movie

#48 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17492 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.. He's not QUITE batman.

But he is in the new movie

He is *rumored* to be in it.

#49 Edited by DarthAznable (6952 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Jason is Aquaman so. Yup

#50 Posted by RustyRoy (12715 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's a good enough actor - not to say that he can't improve or wouldn't have to improve to carry Batman, but I'd welcome him if they choose him. Dude is enormous and can fight very well and looks good enough for Bruce IMO.

Most of his roles has been brutish people like Ronan Dex, or Conan, but I think people could be surprised how well he could clean up to pull off Bruce.

This.