#1 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he DID discover the true identities of Batman and Robin at the age of 9 (and then demanded to be Robin like the boss he is).

#2 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper:

That Doesn't make him a better Detective then Batman...

#3 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

He wasn't 9

He is a better detective and strategist

This has changed in DCnU new52 where in he's not better than Bruce.

#4 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah he did it on accident with pure coincident. He is not

#5 Posted by Dernman (14888 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#6 Posted by Joygirl (19286 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane and Riddler did the same thing. Are THEY better detectives than Bruce Wayne? (Correct answer: Probably Not (but maybe, particularly in the case of Nigma).)

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12855 posts) - - Show Bio

No but he's pretty high on the list

@joygirl said:

Bane and Riddler did the same thing. Are THEY better detectives than Bruce Wayne? (Correct answer: Probably Not (but maybe, particularly in the case of Nigma).)

they werent 9 years old though : P and it too Riddler YEARS

#8 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm Bruce said Tim is better, both innately and currently.

Also Tim didn't demand to be Robin. Tim demanded that Bruce get a Robin and Alfred and Dick both suggested Tim be Robin. It was only to help that he ever took the guise when he saw there was no other choice and wasn't in a rush to be Robin at all when Bruce accepted him.

#9 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course not...

#11 Edited by Omnicrono (1709 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken said:

Despite this, Tim is not better... otherwise DC would need to change Batman's moniker of "The World's Greatest Detective."

Bruce saying that Tim is innately better doesn't actually mean that he is currently better. Detective work comes more naturally for Tim, and he has the potential to surpass Bruce's overall skill... eventually.

Currently, Bruce is the best. And that is probably not going to change for a very long time.

#12 Posted by CheeseSticks (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe when he's going to be 40 years old and Bats will be in the 70's.

#13 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce said (pre New 52 anyway) that one day, probably, Tim could surpass Bruce in the detective skills, but for now, Tim can't.

Tim, after Batman, is the most genius in the bat family.

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14648 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a great detective but he is not better.

#15 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken said:

Despite this, Tim is not better... otherwise DC would need to change Batman's moniker of "The World's Greatest Detective."

Bruce saying that Tim is innately better doesn't actually mean that he is currently better. Detective work comes more naturally for Tim, and he has the potential to surpass Bruce's overall skill... eventually.

Currently, Bruce is the best. And that is probably not going to change for a very long time.

Only due to DC stunting the growth of chracters. Tim is the best detective in the DCU and Oracle is better than Bruce as well. And the moniker of world's greatest detective has been wrong for a very long time anyways since an immortal Sherlock Holmes exists in DCU. So the ranking is actually Holmes > Tim Drake > Barbara Gordon > Bruce. Even at his best Bruce is simply not as good as the two of them. Bruce taught them the things they needed to know and they have grown beyond him largely due to his age. And if we're consider pre-flashpoint Babs or Tim or post flashpoint Bruce it's even more pronounced be post-flashpoint Bruce is a bit of an idiot.

#16 Posted by Outside_85 (8535 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea was that he would eventually with age and experience become better than Bruce.

#17 Posted by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#18 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre52? Definitely

Now? I'm not so sure...it kind of seems like they've dumbed Tim down a little but that may be because he really doesn't have that many showings

#19 Edited by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

The idea was that he would eventually with age and experience become better than Bruce.

And he has aged and become better than Bruce. He's clearly better at figuring things out and working strategically than Bruce is. The difference that age makes that equalizes it is experience about certain subjects and Tim being more cocky which can result in him making mistakes.

These 2 things don't mean that Tim is a worse detective. It means there are gaps in his knowledge that will be filled over time. Detective work is finding the data and figuring out what the data says, both of these Tim is superior over Bruce. The cockiness and experience affects strategies to catch people or figuring out the next move. Tim excels in both these areas and is only slightly under Bruce's level.

I've come to notice that there are quite a few people on these forums that think that Bruce is the best at x and that Tim, Dick, Jason, Damian, Barbara, Cassie, and Steph are on all levels beneath him. This simply isn't true. Each excels in different areas and improves on what Bruce taught them. With the exception of Damian and Steph every one of those characters I mentioned have an edge over Bruce in one or more areas. The idea that some of you think they don't actually contradicts your idea of how great Batman is to begin with, because by denying that they are better than Bruce you are saying that Bruce sucks at Training and Teaching people how to do things and if that's the case he'd have ended up with more dead friends v.v

#21 Posted by Justthatkid (3349 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 yes.

#22 Posted by RustyRoy (11874 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim is one of the best but Bruce is the Best.

#23 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly...all the authors have forgot that Batman is the best detective in the world...For now, I still don't see his skills in investigation in all his comics (new 52)..

#24 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#25 Posted by SheenLantern (6453 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnicrono said:

@durakken said:

Just like how Hulk is the "Strongest One There Is!"?

#26 Posted by Jayc1324 (11038 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Bruce is the worlds greatest detective.

#27 Posted by viin (562 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe someday but I think as long as bruce is alive then I dont know...

#28 Edited by Dernman (14888 posts) - - Show Bio

No you're seriously overestimating Tim and underestimating Batman if you believe so.

#29 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

No you're seriously overestimating Tim and underestimating Batman if you believe so.

I agree. Batman is invincible as detective.

#30 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Edited by Teerack (5721 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably. It's hard to say because there aren't any detective elements in Batman at all, and before anyone tries to tell me I'm wrong stop and realize you don't know what you're talking about. If you've read any book or manga with the mystery tag you'll know what I mean, and if you haven't shush.

#32 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

HE WILL SURPASS BRUCE. he's the only other person that ra's al ghul will call "detective"

#33 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the thing, most everything that was cool about Tim Drake was wiped clean when they started the New 52.

I'm surprised they haven't killed him yet, because for the past year or two he has felt like a fill-in character.

#34 Posted by ssbm (92 posts) - - Show Bio

i think we need to start knocking bruce off his high horse he can't be the best at everything ever forever i understand though the argument that tim may not be quite as good yet though he does tend not always see the grey in things and can be a bit cold and not in a good way but i think they should make him better than bruce definitely not right now but eventually its just too much for bruce to continue like this it just gets a bit boring especially when you bring dick and tim and if daimen were still alive him too in to question

#35 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

If Tim isn't the better detective, then what makes him interesting? What else is good at? Why would Bats keep him around?

#36 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea was indeed that he would grow and mature to be superior than Batman, having the oppurtunity that Bruce never had to be guided under someones tutorship and being teached everything he knows. But he has not gotten to that stage yet. Bruce's saddening lack of detective work is more the fault of the writers focusing on other elements to the character, rather than the character himself. If you look at Tim as Robin, he still isn't anywhere near the level Batman is. Due to greater experience Batman still is: 'The World's Greatest Detective'.

#37 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknight1939: that makes sense to me. Tim's potential is greater, he just hasn't reached it yet.

#38 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#39 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't people be equals why does every character need to one up the other?

#40 Edited by Jayc1324 (11038 posts) - - Show Bio

He can be, but not yet