• 56 results
#1 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like its Damian's costume.

#3 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Looks like its Damian's costume.

I know...maybe just a flashback. But this is supposed to be the conclusion of the Batman & _______ arc.

#4 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker:

Maybe will get a look at the new Robin. I don't think it will be either Carrie or Harper.

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

Btw Heretic is looking badass on the cover. He looks like a combination of Batman, Cyclops and Iron-Man.

#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish it was Damian coming back

#7 Edited by SOG7dc (8021 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved damian. I hate to be the black guy calling for more black comic characters but I thin a young black robin would be cool....that being said I bet its harper.......yuk

#8 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I loved damian. I hate to be the black guy calling for more black comic characters but I thin a young black robin would be cool....that being said I bet its harper.......yuk

Not so sure. With Snyder doing Year Zero (an 11-issue story), I'd be surprised if he let other writers take his Harper character and run with it. And I assume/hope we'll have a new Robin before Year Zero is over.

A black Robin would be pretty cool.

#9 Posted by SOG7dc (8021 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker:

like miles from ultimate spiderman. I thin we will get a black robin one day though its just a matter of time.

#10 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

- "

BATMAN AND NIGHTWING #23

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY

On sale AUGUST 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Could Batman have saved Damian’s life after all? Guest starring Nightwing!"

- Reading is key. It's most likely just a flashback.

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

Even before you put the actual solicits I thought it would be a flashback.

#13 Posted by Black_Claw (3073 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's Damian then it's going to be way too soon for me.

#14 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I would weep for joy, but yeah it would beg the question why kill him in the first place. As previous posters suggested, it's probably a flashback. Still, I think I'm anxious for another Robin to show up. I grew up with my Batman having a Robin.

#15 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

I would weep for joy, but yeah it would beg the question why kill him in the first place. As previous posters suggested, it's probably a flashback. Still, I think I'm anxious for another Robin to show up. I grew up with my Batman having a Robin.

Agreed. No way Damian would be brought back this soon.

#16 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with no Robin and no return of Damian. It's probably just like the other "Batman And" issues where he just mourns the death.

#17 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I think a black robin is a cool idea.

#18 Edited by JakeN7 (13183 posts) - - Show Bio

- "

BATMAN AND NIGHTWING #23

Yes, but it's what's revealed in that flashback that could be the actual key. Maybe Damian never really died after all... (probably wishful thinking, but who knows?)

Please let this possibly misleading solicit actually be true! I want Damian back so badly!

I'm gonna go with no Robin and no return of Damian. It's probably just like the other "Batman And" issues where he just mourns the death.

Yeah, but this is the last issue of that arc. This team-up with Nightwing will be "Acceptance," effectively having Bruce reach the end of the Kubler-Ross "5 stages of grief" model. I doubt Bruce would ever truly get over Damian's death, so maybe the only way he was able to reach acceptance is by finding out Damian never actually died. Either way, I expect this issue to be at least as emotionally powerful as issue #18.

Is it August 21 yet!?

#19 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6444 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear if that's Carrie Kelly I'm done with Batman.

#20 Edited by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@thejman251 said:

- "

BATMAN AND NIGHTWING #23

Yes, but it's what's revealed in that flashback that could be the actual key. Maybe Damian never really died after all... (probably wishful thinking, but who knows?)

Please let this possibly misleading solicit actually be true! I want Damian back so badly!

@arturocalakayvee said:

Yeah, but this is the last issue of that arc. This team-up with Nightwing will be "Acceptance," effectively having Bruce reach the end of the Kubler-Ross "5 stages of grief" model. I doubt Bruce would ever truly get over Damian's death, so maybe the only way he was able to reach acceptance is by finding out Damian never actually died. Either way, I expect this issue to be at least as emotionally powerful as issue #18.

Is it August 21 yet!?

- I suppose it's possible however, i certainly won't be getting my hopes up for such a thing.

#21 Posted by tec79 (168 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going with it being a flashback. Outside of Bruce, Dick was closest with Damian they will mourn and at least begin to accept his death together. Dick maybe the only one who can tell Bruce he could not have saved his son .

#22 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe a failed attempt at time travel.

#23 Edited by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

lol nope

#24 Posted by MasterDetective (855 posts) - - Show Bio

wait and sec, there's a comic called "Batman & Nightwing"?

#25 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

wait and sec, there's a comic called "Batman & Nightwing"?

They're changing the name of Batman and Robin to this for one issue.

#26 Posted by batsmart (11 posts) - - Show Bio

That is so Damians costume and second off. I'm just making a wild guess if you take away the have and d in saved its could batman save Damians life after all

#27 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

No it's just a cover

#28 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

read carefully people. plus dc is notoriously deceptive with their covers. and if it's harper or kelly snyder can join slott in the crappy writter car.

#29 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

read carefully people. plus dc is notoriously deceptive with their covers. and if it's harper or kelly snyder can join slott in the crappy writter car.

Snyder isn't writing this.

#30 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: oh. swept in the moment. then we are safe for now -_-. for now.

#31 Posted by daboyfromsaturn (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Flashback? Did Batman and Nightwing fight Heretic in the pages of Bat Inc?

#32 Posted by sinestro_GL (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

I SMELL A TWIST!

#33 Edited by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I think a black robin is a cool idea.

Only if they call him "Black Robin".

#34 Posted by SOG7dc (8021 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by The_Tree (7931 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Inc. will be over by the time this releases, so this is probably a flashback.

#36 Edited by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
@sog7dc said:

@john_valentine:

well naturally of course lol

Black and female.

Or, you know, just someone who is not Harper Row/Carrie Kelly

#37 Posted by SOG7dc (8021 posts) - - Show Bio

@john_valentine:

I don't have a problem with that. that could be really cool.

#38 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

People really need to get their priorities straight. I get not wanting a replacement Robin so quickly. What I don't get is people hating on Harper Row. It makes no sense to me for people to say they're okay with a new Robin as long as it isn't her. Thus far the primary reason I've heard for her not to be Robin is that it's too soon. Other than that, what, really, would make her a bad fit?

#39 Posted by BatWatch (3011 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure it's a metaphorical illustrating Batman's battle to reclaim the life of his son by showing the battle with the man who killed his son. It really couldn't be literal since Heretic is already dead. I will be greatly surprised if we get a new robin in the next issue of Batman and...

@akbogert said:

People really need to get their priorities straight. I get not wanting a replacement Robin so quickly. What I don't get is people hating on Harper Row. It makes no sense to me for people to say they're okay with a new Robin as long as it isn't her. Thus far the primary reason I've heard for her not to be Robin is that it's too soon. Other than that, what, really, would make her a bad fit?

Personally, I'm with you on both points. It is a little too soon, but Harper, in my book, is a very entertaining character, and I'd love to see her in some major role. I wouldn't mind it being Robin though I doubt it will be in that fashion since Snyder said he never intended for her to be Robin.

I like her because she seems to be able to cut through Bruce's crap.

#40 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6444 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Hate to be the black guy that agrees but I agree

#41 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's a new guy I don't care what race they are so long as they're an interesting character. Although it does seem a little soon.

#42 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Hate to be the black guy that agrees but I agree

Not a black guy but I agree.

#43 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Damian should be back as Robin too, who said there can be only one Robin at a time? Btw Damian is the first non-white Robin.

#44 Posted by SupBatz (1847 posts) - - Show Bio

Not getting my hopes up due to the severe lack of publicity for the issue, but it would be great if the cover signifies the return of Damian somehow.

#45 Posted by zombiecurbstomp (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I am actually not sure i want a new robin. I'd love to see one of the older robins back in the seat. I would rather see Tim back as the boy wonder or maybe they just do batman and redhood or batman and nightwing. I think it would be a great thing to run with. Do I see it happening? No but I would love it. I'm just tired of having new robins

#46 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

C'mon Damian fans.... too soon!

Don't you want his return to be on an epic scale?

I like DC's deceptive cover theory.

#47 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

C'mon Damian fans.... too soon!

Don't you want his return to be on an epic scale?

I like DC's deceptive cover theory.

I can't wait 15 years.

#48 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: well not that long, but don't you think it's too soon?

I think it would serve not only Damian's character better, but it would serve Batman's character better too, to have more of a build up to his return; to have completely moved on after his death...

#49 Edited by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

@breadspread: They kind of did it with Jason and if they bring him back now the impact would be much larger IMO. B&R have been average after his death and I'm loosing interest in the other Batbooks too, I liked his character and I'd like to see him return in 1-2 years, comic book characters generally return immediately after their deaths so it won't be as bad I think, and what's the point in building up his return, probably another underwhelming and unnecessary crossover will take place, I'd rather enjoy good simple stories with him than wait for a couple of years for just to see him return in grand fashion. And a grumpy old Bats is good for a couple of issues but in the long term I'd hate it, that's one of reason why I hate this family crossovers, the Batbooks have become more like a grand batfamily book, and Bruce has become too much of a family guy, I'd like a simpler self contained stories without any drama.

#50 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I think we are on the same page, but for different reasons. 1-2 years would be great. I agree about not needing another crossover event. It's only been a few months since his death right?