#1 Posted by Al_capOWN (537 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF?? He looks F'ing retarded

http://comicsalliance.com/ty-templeton-draws-batman-as-created-by-bob-kane-art/

Looks like Golden are green arrow. Hate that look, blonde hair and that stupid lil eye mask, wtf???

#2 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

yup thats why bill finger deserves credited as Batman's co-creator

#3 Edited by PunyParker (12208 posts) - - Show Bio

Amen......

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34287 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Noteworthington (200 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not really polite to call something 'retarded,' it also doesn't really convey any meaning to those that don't hold the same perceived view of what is or is not retarded.

What do you mean?

#6 Posted by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: I always try and correct people who try and give sole credit to Bob Kane.

I'd say Bill finger probably deserves more credit, he's the one who truly refined the character, along with plenty of other huge contributions

#7 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@drmantistoboggan: agreed i mean he basicaly came up with Robin thus really is responsable for the creation of sidekicks throughtout comics

#8 Posted by GenesisX (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: I always try and correct people who try and give sole credit to Bob Kane.

I'd say Bill finger probably deserves more credit, he's the one who truly refined the character, along with plenty of other huge contributions

With that, I am lost to as why Bill Finger isn't given credit. I mean both of Superman's creators are given credit, so why not Batman's? I've searched and search for any reasons, but nothing. Was it because Kane was selfish and took legal ownership of the Batman trademark and kept Finger from profiting of it? Why exactly does Bill not get any credit, even in the slightest, even now?

#9 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@genesisx: Well to be honest its mostly his own fault unlike the guys who created Superman and Bob he never demanded to get credit for his work so DC just kind of pushed him under the rug now can you say its was a dick move on Bob Kane's part for not standing up for his partner who helped create such a beloved character definitly but why stand up for a guy that wont stand up for himself and on WB part why pay a guy not asking to get payed. Thou his family is trying to get him the credit he deserves so it might take a while but at the very least he may get his name on the comic

But to clearify something WB has all the rights to the character of Batman Kane has no rights to Batman besides for like Joe and Jerry he gets his name on the book and a pay check of some kind i dont know the exact amount

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

LONG LIVE THE BAT-MAN!!!!

But Batman is a lot cooler.

#11 Edited by DrMantisToboggan (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: well Kane's been dead for like 16 years and finger for about 40, so I doubt either of them care anymore, and I'm not aware of their families making the fuss about it like the siegel and shuster fams did.

For me it comes down to how you watch or see literally anything with batman in it and kanes name is there, but finger is all but forgotten....maybe that's what happens when you die first

#12 Posted by Alertcircuit (177 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1413 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Tim Drake to me.

#14 Posted by Experio (16927 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow....

#15 Edited by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

Bob Kane, the worst Batman villain

#16 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (779 posts) - - Show Bio

imagine if they actually stuck with that design........

#17 Posted by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he wouldn't last for 75 years and would be a C-lister.

#18 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@drmantistoboggan: like i said in my comment Bill Finger did nothing while he was alive to try to get credit for his work while Bob Kane did which is why his name is on the book and Finger's isnt

#19 Posted by danhimself (22682 posts) - - Show Bio

so he basically created Red Robin

#20 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like these.

#21 Posted by Transformers1024 (3067 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: As do I. Obviously not for Bruce/Bats but if they introduced THIS character into the DCnU..I wouldn't mind it. Fantasy is he becomes Dick's new identity OR he's introduced as a parody character.

@danhimself: Right? How crazy is that, I wonder if Drake's design was modeled after this because his 2nd Robin suit is very similar to it as well.

#23 Edited by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: As do I. Obviously not for Bruce/Bats but if they introduced THIS character into the DCnU..I wouldn't mind it. Fantasy is he becomes Dick's new identity OR he's introduced as a parody character.

I think it would be cool if he was just someone inspired by Batman but (as the story would go) since no one has officially seen Batman, this guy makes his own version the suit and goes by Bat-Man. Maybe not as a parody character but as a character that has the unfortunate luck of being too realistic in a comic-book world. A gang of 6 or 7 thugs would beat the piss out of him for example, or he would require saving by Batman but refuse to hang up his wings.

#24 Posted by ARMIV2 (8801 posts) - - Show Bio

And that is why we must never look to get Fingered in the industry or Finger others. Credit should be given where credit is due, dammit.

#25 Posted by RamiaQuizzlinger (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I think it would be cool if he was just someone inspired by Batman but (as the story would go) since no one has officially seen Batman, this guy makes his own version the suit and goes by Bat-Man. Maybe not as a parody character but as a character that has the unfortunate luck of being too realistic in a comic-book world. A gang of 6 or 7 thugs would beat the piss out of him for example, or he would require saving by Batman but refuse to hang up his wings.

I'd read that

#26 Posted by sinestro_GL (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

LAWL.

Like I've said on another thread about this, if blondie Batman was in fact the final version of Batman, and 75 years later we looked at a design of "our" Batman, we would also be like "WTF?"

#27 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (779 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

he'd most likely be in a IDW or Dynamite series like most B or C list heroes of that era.

#28 Posted by El_Taza (37 posts) - - Show Bio

So, they recycled this design for Red Robin. Good. That's very resourceful of them.

#29 Edited by RustyRoy (13532 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Edited by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: actually thats pretty cool would if thats dick graysons new identity 0_o

#31 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: I....I would not argue that...I would really enjoy that(as long as it wasn't permanent)

#32 Edited by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: Nooooo I love and miss the underwear :(((((((

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34287 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

@comedy_brosusa said:

he'd most likely be in a IDW or Dynamite series like most B or C list heroes of that era.

Eh those are A-List heroes from that era actually

#35 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by PunyParker (12208 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by PunyParker (12208 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: but those are cool

Dude,it's a horrible suit....
At least in comparison with what it ended up being.

#40 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

LAWL.

Like I've said on another thread about this, if blondie Batman was in fact the final version of Batman, and 75 years later we looked at a design of "our" Batman, we would also be like "WTF?"

Exactly.

#41 Edited by GenesisX (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: True. It could be his new identity, but then again, DC may want to forget about such a screw-up on the Batman franchise. It would kind of prove that Finger had a huge part in Batman's creation. The wings though would be unnecessary. Dick can't even stand wearing a cape, as seen in his time as Batman.

#42 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@genesisx: that doesn't look like a cape to you does it?

#43 Posted by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah those renderings were made based on the description given by Finger, how much of what Finger takes credit for is true? We may never know, but if he's being honest, thank god Kane didn't do it on his own.

#44 Posted by W3BST3R (309 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that design would've struck a chord with the generations of kids who grew up to become Batman fans. I remember the thing that drew me to Bats as a little kid was that he looked a like a damn bat. I wanted to know what was up with the guy with the pointy ears.

#45 Posted by MaccyD (4905 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me of Angel from the X-men.