Is Lex Luthor richer than Bruce Wayne..

• 123 results
LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@superguy1591: Iam sorry thats a BS argument just becuase their "might" other people dosnt mean shit

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@lordofthenorth: Again, all the people you mention are Batman's rouges. Superman doesn't fight rich people.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would only be natural that Luthor is more wealthy, because Luthor would obviously have illegal streams of revenue in addition to the standard flow.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: SO WHAT?! we where talking about the wealth and power of the two cities and iam stating that Gotham is more wealthy and more powerful than Metropolis and i backed it up with a bunch of names it dosnt matter that they are villians what matters is what they bring to the table but all you can do come up with is "Superman doesn't fight rich people" and you think bring a BS excuse(and thats all it is) like that and have the gale to call me a fanboy when all i do is make a back handed joke about Lex i find hypocrisy of Superman fanboys like you completely laughable

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Superguy1591

@lordofthenorth: Sigh, these are fictional cities. We only hear about the people that writers feel fuel the story forward. Gotham's rich are Batman's rouges, so the writers introduce them because they're part of the mythology. Gotham is corrupt, Batman fights corruption, the rich are a part of the corruption.

Superman doesn't fight rich people, how would the affluent members of Metropolis advance a story forward? Do the writers just introduce them just to introduce them? What function would they serve to Superman?

Do you get what i'm saying?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: I understand completely your the one who is having diffculty here

Your argument is like a Christian argumenting for the existiance of God saying the lack of proof dosnt mean that God dosnt exist

the books are works of fiction so when dicussing why one fictional city is more powerful than the other we can only go by what is presented to us

ChrRome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please stop trying to support arguments by saying that Lex spends more money to bribe people. That would not cost a significant amount of money when dealing with the amount of billions each character is likely worth. Also, comparing which character has built better/more high tech gadgets also doesn't make much sense when comparing wealth. They each don't put 100% of their wealth into their tech, just creating what is necessary. I'm sure Wayne could afford to make the same stuff that Lex has, just like Lex could make what Wayne has.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I would only say Lex is a little bit smarter than batman, but a much better business man since he cares more. But i agree with the rest

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Superguy1591

@lordofthenorth: But Metropolis has always been considered the richer of the two, Gotham has always been considered the hell hole. They even say it in the books, Metropolis is the shining city on the hill and Gotham is a decadent society.

Seriously, does everything about Batman have to be the best for you guys?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: I have already said this before but Metropolis is like Dubai it looks nice and has a few wealthy people in it but thats all their is to it

Gotham on the other hand is like New York it has history, it has character, and its constantly struggling and changing for the better and worse

Do you understand the meaning of the word Hypocrisy becuase i could ask you the same thing

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Superguy1591

@lordofthenorth: I don't think Superman has to be the best a everything. I only think Superman is the strongest--not powerful, just strong--of the original 7. I think MMH is the most powerful, Flash is thensmartest, Diana is the best fighter, Batman is the most lethal.

Compared to Batman fans who think Batman is the best at everything.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Really this whole time even thou i brought up legit reason after legit reason why Gotham was a richer and more powerful city you wouldnt concide anything. you just put your fingers in your ears and said iam not listening iam not listening if that dosnt scream fanboy i dont know what does

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 rogueshadow  Moderator

Dat Wayne fortune though.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes probably.

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor is rich but does not have old money. Bruce Has about 51% of his company owns 1/3 of gotham. bought out kord the daily planet and Mr.Terrific. Shipping,entertaintment,works in Metal lots of it,defence,home appliances. He dosnt spend it on robots constonly and loose crap loads of money. bruce is like 80 billion in the Comic, and Lex is like 56.3 billion

LMRN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waynetech is worth a lot more than LexCorp (except during No Mans Land), and they're both majority shareholders in their respective companies, except when Lex became president, at that point he had to give up all ties to LexCorp. And when Tim Drake took over Bruce's assets to protect them from Ra's in the aftermath of final crisis when Batman was "dead", he didn't own a frickin penny at that point.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably. I'd say so.

mynameiswally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: then forbes messed up. bruce should have more than that. his company is a world-wide company with divisions in sciences, medicines, weaponry, construction, space programs and more. he also owns 3/4 of gotham. the only competition he has is lex luthors company. with all this he should have waayyy more than 6 billion. according to another list bruce has about 100 billion. which would make more sense. and i'd say lex is about the same.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#120 the_stegman  Moderator
mynameiswally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: A decadent society means that the people of Gotham are corrupt intrinsically.

We are not saying that Gotham has to be the best at everything, but your post implies that the citizens are not worth saving.

And yes, the rest of DC writes stories that sound like blame the victim. Which is why Batman titles are at the top of sales for DC.

PS. Metropolis is the wealthier city because it can recover faster from disasters, and there are no negative consequences for battles that level buildings on crowded streets.

I just loled when I heard that after Superman fought Doomsday through Metropolis that only a few hundred civilians were killed...The miracle of not having standards or coherence

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He inherited 350 year old conglomerate. owns 1/3 of gotham. the Daily planet. 170 thousand people work in 170 countries all of the planet. he is involved with basically every type of industry. exept oil. he is like Siemens/GE

Tanantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wayne is personally richer. Luthor invests more of his profits back into the company, and Lexcorp is a faster growing company.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#125  Edited By Eto

Lex has to fund his own suit lmao