#1 Posted by THORSON (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just wondering?

it seems like the more someone likes batman they hate superman.

#2 Edited by consolemaster001 (5145 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON: that's just a stupid stereotype. Batman fans respect and like superman just as much as anyone. The only Batman "fans" that hate superman are idiots who only watched the movies and haven't read a single superman/batman comic.

#3 Edited by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

that's just a stupid stereotype. Batman fans respect and like superman just as much as anyone. The only Batman "fans" that hate superman are idiots who only watched the movies and haven't read a single superman/batman comic.

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (7027 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think this is the case at all. I've loved Batman since I was in diapers. But I still like Superman. I didnt even know this was a cliche.

#5 Posted by Saren (25576 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big Batman fan and I have nothing against the Hated One Superman. He may be a self-righteous boy scout who needs a familiar kryptonite ring shoved so deep into his larynx that he'll cough blood every time he tries to speak a radically different character in terms of what he represents, how he operates, and the kind of stories he stars in, but that doesn't mean he's not obviously a distant second to the Waynemeister a great character.

#6 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's my number one favorite, but Superman's a close second.

One's a dark, brooding vigilante who is the epitome of cool and the zenith of the no-powers-just-fists school of superheroes.

The other is a paragon of hope, a strong yet gentle hero who inspires hope and is an unstoppable powerhouse.

Batman fans who discount Superman simply don't understand the Man of Steel. I admit, at one point I didn't really 'get' Superman and I thought he was just the stereotypical boy scout without any flavor, but dig a little deeper into the character and you'll find a superhero just as interesting as Batman.

#7 Posted by Bruxae (13181 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Batman both are two of my favorite characters of all time.

#8 Posted by Lvenger (19105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruxae said:

Superman and Batman both are two of my favorite characters of all time.

This. They're DC's two biggest heroes and work together on a regular basis so I see no problem with liking them both. They're my favourite two characters as well. Though Superman is first.

#9 Edited by SmashBrawler (5601 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course Batman fans can like Superman. I know I do. Hell, he's one of my top 5 favorite characters of all time.

#10 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I'm a big Batman fan, but Superman is in my top 5 favourites as well.

#11 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

Of course Batman fans can like Superman. I know I do. Hell, he's one of my top 5 favorite characters of all time.

yup <3

#12 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

that's just a stupid stereotype. Batman fans respect and like superman just as much as anyone. The only Batman "fans" that hate superman are idiots who only watched the movies and haven't read a single superman/batman comic.

yep this

#13 Posted by Skyfire (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman will always be second to Superman in DC's hierarchy, and some Batfans don't like that, so they tear him down whenever they can.

#14 Posted by Jack Donaghy (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skyfire said:

Batman will always be second to Superman in DC's hierarchy, and some Batfans don't like that, so they tear him down whenever they can.

tbf though some Superman fans don't like that Batman is more popular than Superman and will take shots at him any time they can. Not to defend them but both groups of fans sometimes try to tear down the other hero.

But to answer the OP I'm a fan of Superman and always have been a fan of both him and Batman, they're the 2 greatest heroes ever imo.

#15 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge Batman fan but I also really like Superman. So to answer your question, yes.

#16 Posted by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

They are like rivalling brothers, fighting for number one spot of comics, but beware the rise of the lanterns, they have surpassed the amazon, and won't let a bad movie stop their march.
Beware the usurper
Hal will be thy name!

#17 Posted by RustyRoy (11895 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is possible as long as it doesn't come down to Batman vs. Superman. I do like many versions of Superman, I loved how he was in the animated series, I liked superman returns and MOS is my most anticipated CBM this year.

#18 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say your premise is very false. I love Batman, no OBSESSED with Batman. I love everything about him and I do not get annoyed with more Batman books, Batman appearing everywhere, etc. But I also believe that Superman is Batman's best friend. So if I love Batman, how can I hate Superman?

There are certain conditions that will keep my benevolent attitude for big blue.

1. He doesn't surpass Batman in popularity (which I doubt will happen)

2. He doesn't beat Batman (cause thats impossible :-P)

3. Batman keeps hooking up with his girls (which will probably keep happening).

However as a true Batman fan, I will always like Superman as long as Batman likes Superman...now Hal Jordan on the other hand...:-P

#19 Posted by havoc1201 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

i am a huge Batman fan but i respect Superman and how he and Batman are best friends, now i dont read superman bc his stories never really held my attention when i was younger so i just dont read it but i still think he is a great hero and i might read Snyder and Lees supes stories

#20 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

@THORSON: That's just a stupid stereotype. Batman fans respect and like Superman just as much as anyone. The only Batman "fans" that hate Superman are idiots who only watched the movies and haven't read a single Superman or Batman comic.

QFT. Q F all the T in the world

#21 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

@THORSON: that's just a stupid stereotype. Batman fans respect and like superman just as much as anyone. The only Batman "fans" that hate superman are idiots who only watched the movies and haven't read a single superman/batman comic.

This, superman is my second favorite superhero, right after you know who

@batshrine said:

There are certain conditions that will keep my benevolent attitude for big blue.

Wow, i have no comment

#22 Posted by THORSON (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@consolemaster001 said:

@THORSON: That's just a stupid stereotype. Batman fans respect and like Superman just as much as anyone. The only Batman "fans" that hate Superman are idiots who only watched the movies and haven't read a single Superman or Batman comic.

what?

#23 Posted by THORSON (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine said:

I will say your premise is very false. I love Batman, no OBSESSED with Batman. I love everything about him and I do not get annoyed with more Batman books, Batman appearing everywhere, etc. But I also believe that Superman is Batman's best friend. So if I love Batman, how can I hate Superman?

However as a true Batman fan, I will always like Superman as long as Batman likes Superman...now Hal Jordan on the other hand...:-P

fanboy

#25 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17819 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is one of my favorite characters.

Superman isn't but I still like him.

#26 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@THORSON said:

@KnightRise said:

@consolemaster001 said:

what?

Not you. Consolemaster.

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14653 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I love Batman and almost everything that is connected to him but that doesn't mean I don't like Sups.He is one of my favorite characters also.

#28 Posted by Kangaxx_54 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm another big fan of Batman, but I enjoy Superman too. He's probably my favorite comics character, outside of the bat family. I've even bought a few comics with him (I don't buy many comics, mostly trades).

#29 Edited by R0AM (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge Batman fan however I've not read much Superman stuff unless it's Batman related, I keep meaning to pick up a few trades though.

#30 Posted by MasterDetective (822 posts) - - Show Bio

yes

#31 Posted by BenTheBat (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Batman and Superman the dynamic between the both them is great!
The Batman/Superman comic is one of my favorites right now.

#32 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

no, there can be only one god.

#33 Posted by deadpool25mm (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe this will help you understand me:
(Im kidding, Im more of a Batman fan then Superman, Supe's is to much of a boyscout.)

#34 Posted by SoftMachineOo (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I love batman, and I like superman too so yeah!

#35 Edited by nobodyisemo (261 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both amazing.

#36 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Only crazy people think you can enjoy one character at a time.

#37 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10113 posts) - - Show Bio

Any person that gets his ass kicked by Robin, i like him.

#38 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6575 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a Batman fanboy, but I want to like superman, but tried reading multiple Superman books, but just didn't find em interesting. Pretty much all of them bored me. Same thing happened with All Star Supes. Just didn't compel me.

#39 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Duh.

If you genuinely don't like Superman, fine, but if you don't like him because of some blind devotion to Batman, you're an idiot and you're only limiting yourself.

#40 Posted by StrangeMan (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a cat and a dog that live together, just sayin'.

#41 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a Batman fanboy, but I want to like superman, but tried reading multiple Superman books, but just didn't find em interesting. Pretty much all of them bored me. Same thing happened with All Star Supes. Just didn't compel me.

maybe supes just isn't your thing. you cant like every character

#42 Posted by Wolverine08 (40731 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#43 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6259 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously yes. That's like asking "Is it possible for people who like cake to like donuts, too?" It doesn't have to be one or the other.

#44 Posted by tec79 (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is second but I have a real love for the character, most readers in general I know personally will always pick up a quality Superman book when available. Batman and Superman are the worlds finest for a good reason, it is compelling when they come into conflict not because of any rivalry but because of their long standing friendship and character traits. The new film will fan the flames of hate between fans of both characters which is a real shame, I have yet to see any real celebration at least on the internet that we are getting the film or of the characters themselves. I can say on a personal level I have enjoyed every time I have seen them on panel together and have been waiting about 25 years to witness them in a movie together. I implore all fans to celebrate the characters enjoy Greg Pak's new book it is very good and look forward to the film, it is a glorious time to love both characters!

#45 Posted by russellmania77 (14851 posts) - - Show Bio