Is Christopher Nolan's Batman, the Batman we need for the Justice League Film?

Techwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Techwarrior

Poll Is Christopher Nolan's Batman, the Batman we need for the Justice League Film? (50 votes)

Yes, he's the prime candidate! 24%
No, Nolan 76%
 • 
Techwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excuse me, the second poll option should be,

No, Nolan's Batman is far too under-powered and grounded for the JLA movie!

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By CODYSF

Nolan Batman will die so fast in the movie lol

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@codysf said:

Nolan Batman will die so fast in the movie lol

Yea but a more comicbook-iky one wouldn't fit with the tone

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I don't even know.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's love interest

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Kal'smahboi

I think a Nolanverse Batman could exist in the new JL movie, and really with the realistic approach that they took with Supes, it would have to be someone like that. He just couldn't be on the front lines with everybody else, because he would die immediately in a battle like the one we saw in Man of Steel. Could be done very easily, by having him trying to complete some sort of covert mission that is necessary for them to win. They just need him to do SOMETHING important that isn't fighting supervillains.

Techwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This brings up a few interesting questions in my mind,

1. Who will lead the JLA? Superman? or another? In the Avengers comics Captain was more of a leader, but not in the live-action one it seems Iron Man was. Hopefully Superman man will be, but we'll have to see.

2. If it's out of the "Nolanverse" is Christian Bale/Bruce Wayne going to be reprising his role as Batman, if so how will the audience/people react to Batman being alive in the "Nolanverse"?

My opinion is that Batman shouldn't be portrayed by Chris Bale, most likely will. He's just too overrated and underpowered in this sense!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By z3ro180

@techwarrior: David goyver said the bale movies are not going to be involved with this franchise every thing spins of from superman and bale apparently will not be coming back to play batman.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Pfft, Nolan's Batman wouldn't last two seconds in the DCCU.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Don't post it.

Nolan's Batman is too slow and... average. He's good alone against a few thugs, but he wouldn't be able to keep up with any of the other members.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: it needs color

Supes' love interest

hence my point

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

Yes.He should look realistic and people should know that he is only human and yet he deserves his place in the League.But some upgrade won't be bad.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 k4tzm4n  Moderator

No. And thankfully they've already confirmed Nolan's trilogy is a separate universe.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RustyRoy
@k4tzm4n said:

No. And thankfully they've already confirmed Nolan's trilogy is a separate universe.

This

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted no. However, I think it'd be great to see the look on Nolan-Batman's face when he sees Superman in action for the first time.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

No, it's time for a new Batman.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

While I think Christian Bale should come back because I loved his performance, especially as Bruce Wayne. Nolan's Batman is a not what I would expect when I think of Batman on the JL.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if this is part of the movie!!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RedLantern23

No. We need a new Batman.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Christian Bale as Batman would be nice but only if his was separate from the Nolan Batverse. Unfortunately, that will never happen so there is nothing wrong with casting a new Batman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

I wanted him to be there simply so they wouldn't have to reboot the Batman franchise so soon, I think he could easily fit in the JL universe, just give him a new suit that amps up his physical abilities (we already saw something like that with his knee brace in TDKR. But sadly, TDKR also pretty much made it impossible for him to be the Batman in JL since he's retired and broke.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted him to be there simply so they wouldn't have to reboot the Batman franchise so soon, I think he could easily fit in the JL universe, just give him a new suit that amps up his physical abilities (we already saw something like that with his knee brace in TDKR. But sadly, TDKR also pretty much made it impossible for him to be the Batman in JL since he's retired and broke.

That's what I was thinking too, he could barely walk without a cane in the beginning of TDKR but with the knee brace he was able to not only walk but break some of that brick he kicked. Just have him in some kind of exo skeleton and the problem would be solved, it makes sense since not only does he not have powers but he was getting older and had so many injuries. So you would believe that with his age, injuries, and fighting super humans that he'd need to wear some kind of advanced power suit.

It also makes a lot of sense from a box office standpoint, Bale as Batman is a proven draw along with Cavill as Superman (who has proven to be a draw so far) WB wouldn't want to pass that up potential combo up. Plus I think Bale is the greatest live action Batman ever so that helps too.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

That's what I was thinking too, he could barely walk without a cane in the beginning of TDKR but with the knee brace he was able to not only walk but break some of that brick he kicked. Just have him in some kind of exo skeleton and the problem would be solved, it makes sense since not only does he not have powers but he was getting older and had so many injuries. So you would believe that with his age, injuries, and fighting super humans that he'd need to wear some kind of advanced power suit.

It also makes a lot of sense from a box office standpoint, Bale as Batman is a proven draw along with Cavill as Superman (who has proven to be a draw so far) WB wouldn't want to pass that up potential combo up. Plus I think Bale is the greatest live action Batman ever so that helps too.

I agree. Bale IS the best Batman in live action. And a lot of people say his universe is too realistic for JL, not really. In this timeline, he could be the first of the superheroes, and the alien invasions might not happen til after he has been Batman for a while. But again, with him now broke and retired, I doubt this will happen.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please, god no.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Pfffft...he quit being Batman and had already lost it physically after like 2 years of being Batman...

So imma vote hellz naw

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Breadspread

No. Let Nolan's Batman end. Move on.

Sure Dark Knight was an almost perfect movie but out of three Batman movies Nolan only made 1.5 good movies. (I'm giving Begins a half credit.) Lets see what a new creative team can do with the character.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not. The Nolan's Batman is too realistic and weak.