Posted by inchiso (147 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Is batman the best human ever? (50 votes)

Batman 58%
Other 42%

Is batman the best human history ever in DC earth or there are better humans than him like deathstroke etc.

#1 Posted by inchiso (147 posts) - - Show Bio

site is buggy like first time it gives error then i go back and submit, it gives 2 threads....

#2 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Without any special enhancements such as serums, nanites, or other special circumstances, I would say that Bruce Wayne is the pinnacle of what a human can achieve within the DC Universe. He may not strictly be the best at hand to hand for example (see Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Drakon, and so forth) but he is still one of the greatest masters in martial arts. Individuals such as Mister Terrific and Lex Luthor may edge Bruce out on intelligence, but Bruce is not far behind (and I argue above Lex in many ways). In the end Bruce has mastered pretty much every discipline possible in a short time span, where others have mastered specific areas better than him. So while he may not be the greatest in a specific discipline, he is greater overall because of his mastery of mostly everything.

#3 Posted by Extremis (3326 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean by best human? If you mean human who has dedicated himself the most to his goal then yeah it's Bruce. Hes never satisfied so he's a perfectionist. But he's rough around the edges. I mean I wouldn't want Bruce as a father. The guy's cold and distant. So I know we're not taking "best father" but wouldn't such skills fall under what "Best human" is since he happens to be a father? IDK best human is a broad indication and could mean most anything.

#4 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean by best?

The most stong willed?

The most dedicated?

The greatest fighter?

The best detective?

The most compassionate ?

The smartest tactician?

If that what's you mean,then yes he is.

#5 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

If you mean best as in the best all-around depiction of what a normal human can achieve in the DCU? I can agree with that. With nothing but money and will, he forged his body and mind into one of the premier martial artists and detectives of his universe. Then proceeded to start the Batman Family, be a founding member of the Justice League, and grew to be a master tactician with years of victories under his belt. He has literally become the paragon of the no-powers school of superheroics. He might not be the best at specific disciplines, but I think overall, he is probably the - and I use this term subjectively - 'best' human that the DCU has to offer. I'd say in terms of accomplishments and standing alone, yeah.

#6 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: he's nowhere near the most strong willed otherwise he'd be worthy of a green lantern ring.

#7 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5753 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he is the best pure human in Marvel and DC

#8 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

He's better than the best.

#9 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (673 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombiemowlcher: that is cannon,geoff johns whole gl run is plus hal gave him the ring it dint come to him n even after that he struggled to use it, batman may be at the human physical peak, he's a great tactician,he's very smart but not the smartest man in the world...he is not the best person by any means whether he's acting like a douche when he's bruce wayne or otherwise(brooding as batman) but in terms of dedication and determination in his fight against the evils of gotham city,he's definitely up there with all the great human beings in the DCU.

#11 Edited by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3443 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so - he looks perfect on paper, but has a ton of issues and wastes most of his potential. Best is very subjective, though, so it's hard to really get at what you mean. I don't think the "best human ever" would be a superhero.

#13 Posted by Bogey (930 posts) - - Show Bio

Jimmy Olsen.

#14 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: Batman is worthy of a green lantern ring.He has proven it a lot of times.

#15 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: fine he's worthy,but he isn't the most worthy otherwise one would have gone to him rather than FOUR other guys.

#16 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@inchiso said:

site is buggy like first time it gives error then i go back and submit, it gives 2 threads....

- The word best is subjective.

- In my opinion, no he is not. However, i do feel that he is close.

#17 Posted by Vortex13 (12221 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#18 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: fine he's worthy,but he isn't the most worthy otherwise one would have gone to him rather than FOUR other guys.

GL rings try to find the closer person whith the strongest willpower to bond with.Plot wise Hal,Kyle,John and Guy were closer to them than Bruce.

Also,writers wouldn't give the Batman a damn GL ring in the mainstream continuity.

#19 Edited by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

Any question that starts with "Is Batman the best..."

Yes.

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

@ultimatesmfan said:

GL rings try to find the closer person whith the strongest willpower to bond with.Plot wise Hal,Kyle,John and Guy were closer to them than Bruce.

Also,writers wouldn't give the Batman a damn GL ring in the mainstream continuity.

That's right, there are far better people on earth who deserve a GL ring, better than Hal, Kyle, John and Guy. If Batman, Superman, WW and other heroes started using a GL ring then it won't make any sense.

#21 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Evans

#22 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@stronger said:

@ultimatesmfan said:

That's right, there are far better people on earth who deserve a GL ring, better than Hal, Kyle, John and Guy. If Batman, Superman, WW and other heroes started using a GL ring then it won't make any sense.

Agreed.

#24 Posted by M3th (2032 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats protects a small city and a couple land masses from time to time, Aquaman protects the other 70% on the planet, the oceans.

#25 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

@rustyroy said:

@stronger said:

@ultimatesmfan said:

Agreed.

if they deserved it, it would have chosen them...all im saying is the GL's were chosen for a reason and not just because they were the closest,that would be really stupid, and also batman has been chosen by a ring, but that was yellow not green. i was just saying that batman is at the peak of certain human abilities but he isnt the most strong willed,the fact that he doesnt have a GL ring proves that point....n if what ull r sayin is true why can't Captain America and spiderman and stuff lift thor's hammer,im sure they're more than worthy,works the same way with a GL ring. u havta have something in order to be chosen.

#26 Posted by MasterDetective (793 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's Alfred

#27 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: Cmon man......The only reason why Batman,Superman and Wonder Woman don't get a GL ring is because the writers don't want to do it.....And now honestly,if we compare things that need willpower,Batman and Superman alone have accomplished much more than the current Lanterns.

I don't know what are you saying but Captain America has lifted Thor's hammer before,for sure.Also Doctor Doom,Hulk and maybe Spider-man and Deadpool.

#28 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: Not saying they don't deserve the rings, just saying there are more deserving people on earth. Saying they possess the strongest will power is stupid. Have you considered why no ring goes to the people who already are established as heroes? Not because they don't deserve it but because it will look stupid. Green Batman? Blue Superman?

#29 Posted by inchiso (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Best human i mean overall stats not just good in martial arts. Does deathstroke know martial arts?

#30 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: That argument makes no sense. They would never make Bruce a Green Lantern because he is Batman. Its the same reason why he almost never uses all those advanced tech suits he has used on occasion in the past because if he used them all the time he would be Iron Man. All though it would make sense for him to be use/be these things it is not part of his character to do so.

#31 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

I said he is the best human. My reasoning for this is because he is an advanced expert in so many fields. For example, he has proven to be a brilliant scientist with creations such as Brother Eye. Lex Luthor on the other hand has superior scientific feats than Batman, but Lex Luthors expertise are restricted to science, Batman on the other hand is the ultimate strategist/tactition/detective/h2h combatent/inventor/ninja on top of this. Batman is an expert in all fields, he may not be the best in certain fields but no one is a jack of all trades quite like Batman. The man is an expert at everything.

#32 Edited by Reignmaker (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

@ultimatesmfan: Cmon man......The only reason why Batman,Superman and Wonder Woman don't get a GL ring is because the writers don't want to do it.....And now honestly,if we compare things that need willpower,Batman and Superman alone have accomplished much more than the current Lanterns.

I don't know what are you saying but Captain America has lifted Thor's hammer before,for sure.Also Doctor Doom,Hulk and maybe Spider-man and Deadpool.

That's um, some willpower Hal is demonstrating right there.

And all of a sudden, I just realized that I used something written by Geoff Johns to make a point. I will send myself to the corner now...

#33 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@inchiso said:

Best human i mean overall stats not just good in martial arts. Does deathstroke know martial arts?

Are you serious with that last question?

Are you saying the best strictly regarding physical ability? Or are you saying the overall best human inclusive of all aspects of life? If it's just the first, then I'd say that there are handfuls of other humans that are just as capable as Batman physically. If the latter, then I'd definitely say Batman is not the "best" human. Also, are you including metahumans (they are still human beings after all)?

#34 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker: Lol! on one hand that happens n on the other.....

but u can factor in experience...

#35 Posted by consolemaster001 (4901 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman f*ck yeah !

#36 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing that batman is perfect... :-P

#38 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
accept no substitutes

#39 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

I said he is the best human. My reasoning for this is because he is an advanced expert in so many fields. For example, he has proven to be a brilliant scientist with creations such as Brother Eye. Lex Luthor on the other hand has superior scientific feats than Batman, but Lex Luthors expertise are restricted to science, Batman on the other hand is the ultimate strategist/tactition/detective/h2h combatent/inventor/ninja on top of this. Batman is an expert in all fields, he may not be the best in certain fields but no one is a jack of all trades quite like Batman. The man is an expert at everything.

Agreed and if he puts his will and time then he can even beat the best.