• 63 results
manofsteel699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By manofsteel699

dc needs to start using other characters and stop focusing only on batman.i know that batman is really popular but dc needs to also please fans of other characters.batman just got a movie trilogy,he has a video game almost every year,a new comic title almost every year,a new animated series every 2 or 3 years,he is going to get 2 animated movies next year.isn't that enough really?dc has so many characters with great potentials but they only see a potential in batman(if somebody told me that 10 years ago that iron man will be one of the most popular characters in world i would have say you're crazy).they could have done so many great things with a proper man of steel sequel like introducing new vilains.it is very disappointing that only bat fans get what they want.

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is there money maker. He's not taking away from other heroes. It's not like DC deletes things from other heroes for batman, they just don't use other heroes as much. It's not batmans fault.

Marvel knows how to balance it's characters but DC doesn't. There has to be a top dog, and batman is it. And by the way I see threads complaining about batman all the time

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jayc1324 said:

Batman is there money maker. He's not taking away from other heroes. It's not like DC deletes things from other heroes for batman, they just don't use other heroes as much. It's not batmans fault.

Marvel knows how to balance it's characters but DC doesn't. There has to be a top dog, and batman is it. And by the way I see threads complaining about batman all the time

I think Batman has even surpassed Superman in terms of DC's top dog.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been a die hard Batman fan in the past, but recently I've just grown bored with the character. I can't get excited for anything Batman-centric these days, and I've tried a great deal.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but the audience is there. It wouldn't be too bad if there was a bigger differentiation between the Batman books. @tektheninja: where the hell is the Wonder Woman movie? They could be a step ahead with a really strong female superhero. As long as they don't over sexualize her and get caught up marketing it to teen age boys. Don't get me wrong, she can be attractive but they should do the character justice, and make her a strong, smart, independent female, because there is a definite need for a film about a character fitting that description.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a demand for Batman, you may not like it but majority does, that's how he makes money and he's not the only character DC uses, Superman, GL are also very much used by DC not as much as Batman but still not to far behind, whoever can bring WB money will get the spotlight and right now its Batman, he has been for more than last 25 years. And all DC needs to do is make movies about other characters along with Batman and Superman. Marvel releases like 3 movies per year where DC releases 1 movie every 3 years. And yeah, I'd like to watch movies about other characters too in fact I'd rather go watch a Flash movie than a Batman/Superman movie or even their solo movies but after GL bombed WB is afraid to use any other characters other than Batman and Superman.

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC means Detective Comics

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

It's a tricky situation.

Batman presently is DC's cash-cow...and I'm sure that the executives over there know that plenty of other characters could be just ass profitable as Batman if they were given the same kind of treatment. However, there are always risks in doing that. Green Lantern, for instance, was a very profitable comic book, BUT when they decided to take the risk and give him his own movie...which tanked

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@jayc1324 said:

yes he is. dc is not putting writers on other hero books because they want 50 books with bats.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really not much of a question, more of a statement but...Batman being added to superman 2 does not take away from superman or the rest of the DC characters by WB putting their two biggest characters into one movie means a real start to the expanded universe, and with the success of the future movie means JUSTICE LEAGUE! so be thankful Batman is a money maker also after MOS superman is a cash cow also so maybe soon this topic will be is Superman over used and you can complain about how Superman is the only character that gets attention.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@manofsteel699:

Well most of the fans don´t care much about others character aside from the popular characters. There were good books on New 52 that were cancelled too fast. Should DC focus on other characters that fans don´t care about ? Plus Batman were just add to have connection to Justice League movie, since last Batman movie were no powers universe and new Batman ´s film couldn´t be a good ideia a team up film like this is kind new at least on superhero movie.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CheeseSticks

Wow there's so much hate toward Batman on ComicVine. Are you jealous or what ? Batman is a better character than WW or Supes, accept it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

In a way he is stifling the development of other franchises, because his works and DC/WB isn't interested in anything but making money, which he is very good at, at least with the movies.

In comics atm around 25% of all New 52 books are under Batman's wing, even if they have little to nothing to do with him normally and still risked getting sucked into events that really don't concern them and really only serves to derail their own stories.

Whodid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree other characters need a chance, but hey at least they have given Green Arrow a TV Show, Superman a new movie and they are doing something with The Flash next year but yes Batman does have the spotlight too much, but on the plus side (at least for me) I never get bored of Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: They're trying dude. The GL movie cost more than 200 mils to make, even TDK didn't have that kind of budget, no Batman movie had except TDKR and Injustice had so many DC characters(agreed most of them were Batrelated but it did have many other characters) and they made a show about GA. Batman Brave and the bold featured many characters so did YJ and GL, BtB will use lesser known characters too. Not to mention DC had put many titles about lesser known character but most people don't buy those.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks: I completely agree with you. They're just jealous their favorite hero doesn't get as much attention

Amaryllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TekTheNinja

Yes, but the audience is there. It wouldn't be too bad if there was a bigger differentiation between the Batman books. @tektheninja: where the hell is the Wonder Woman movie? They could be a step ahead with a really strong female superhero. As long as they don't over sexualize her and get caught up marketing it to teen age boys. Don't get me wrong, she can be attractive but they should do the character justice, and make her a strong, smart, independent female, because there is a definite need for a film about a character fitting that description.

absolutely. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geoff John's favorite character getting a movie is not really trying, before the cartoon the General population probably did not know who Hal was and they did not do as much advertising for it as they did for MOS which seeing the trailers made me personally want to see the movie, They also strayed to far away from the comic version. GL and YJ were doing well with showing lesser known characters at least there interpretation of them which was pretty accurately based on the characters like Arsenal was a great example of Roy from the comics yet they cancelled it which really says not trying. I do think having katana in Beware the Batman was nice for the character opposed to throwing in Grayson who the majority know so there's a thumbs up to DC. Cancelling YJ for Baby Titans is not trying however.

You know the big bosses on WB don't care about Geoff Johns. I agree the marketing wasn't as impressive as MoS but it was far better than Begins and many other movies. They did put more than 200 mils just in the movie and don't know how much more on marketing. They cancelled YJ and GL because they weren't making money. I want to see a Flash movie more than a Batman/Superman movie or even their solo movies. Their just playing it safe now, you would've too if you lost more than 200 mils.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: That's why I said they weren't making money, toy and merch sales account for the majority of the money for animated series. And Geoff Johns wrote the script and WB made GL because it was one of DC's biggest character and even outsell Batman and Superman comics if I remember correctly.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Of course DC will overuse their best character...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolverine008

Of course DC will overuse their best character...

This.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

yes.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't understand people who say "Why do Marvel and DC focus on a certain character?". If you don't like a character, don't buy the books. I'm not a big Superman fan, and he's in about 9-10 books right now. Do you want to know what I do? I avoid the stuff with Superman I don't want, and I only get two books with Superman a month. I don't know why the OP can't do the same with Batman.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eternal19

Superman is getting a decent amount attention right now to.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

yes he is. dc is not putting writers on other hero books because they want 50 books with bats.

Please kindly log out and never log back in. How is it a fictional characters fault DC/WB only want to make things with Batman in them. This isn't just about books it's about movies, games and tv if DC doesn't think other characters can bring in as much money as Batman then they aren't going to put out as much stuff for them. It's like complaining there are too many pizza shops and not enough Thai restaurant it's not the fault of the pizza shop owners they're smart enough to understand supply and demand. I swear if some of the "geniuses" here were in charge of DC they'd be releasing 10 bomb... I mean movies a year starring D-Listers the GA wouldn't give a crap about.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya think? None of that matters though. It makes the most money, so it's the go to cash cow

TheWolverine04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I think the OP has a point. What DC really needs is more Wolverine!

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetimestreamer said:

@jayc1324 said:

Please kindly log out and never log back in. How is it a fictional characters fault DC/WB only want to make things with Batman in them. This isn't just about books it's about movies, games and tv if DC doesn't think other characters can bring in as much money as Batman then they aren't going to put out as much stuff for them. It's like complaining there are too many pizza shops and not enough Thai restaurant it's not the fault of the pizza shop owners they're smart enough to understand supply and demand. I swear if some of the "geniuses" here were in charge of DC they'd be releasing 10 bomb... I mean movies a year starring D-Listers the GA wouldn't give a crap about.

THIS.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is getting a decent amount attention right now to.

For the moment. But something is something.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman is way overused. But then again I'm not a fan of his.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow there's so much hate toward Batman on ComicVine. Are you jealous or what ? Batman is a better character than WW or Supes, accept it.

Its not hate but anger at WB and DC. Marvel does a waaaaay better job bringing their characters focus and attention.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't like batman then don't buy his books. It doesn't matter if he has 10 of them, just dot buy them. Stick I what you like. No need to complain about it

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lifeofvibe

Here my idea give dc a million dollars and see what books they put out

If its batman titles then yes they are over using him

If its characters like vibe then they arent trying to over use him

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By OutlawRenegade

marvel movies cannot fall back on wolverine or spiderman which boosts the profiles of other heroes. too bad they didn't give away the rights to Batman. :-P

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks said:

Its not hate but anger at WB and DC. Marvel does a waaaaay better job bringing their characters focus and attention.

Looks more like hate towards Batman tbh. And yeah Marvel is doing a better job right now but that's because Iron Man clicked with the GP and was a box office success, if SR was a success then we could've gotten the Batman/Superman movie before Iron Man, if GL was successful then we could've gotten a JL movie sooner, and WB had plans for JL a movie way before Marvel thought of Avengers but it got stuck in development hell due to writer's strike. DC's problem is that they are under WB and WB won't let other studios use their well known properties. Marvel jumped from Universal to Columbia to Paramount where they finally got success before finding a home at Disney, DC couldn't do that. And Marvel doesn't get much share from Wolverine or Spider-Man properties too, Disney has to give some of their profits to Paramount. WB is going through many troubles right now if you're keeping up with the news so they want to play it safe, MoS didn't perform that well, yes it was a success but its not enough and WB needs something to compete with Avengers 2, Star Wars, DOFP etc. so they are bringing in Batman. Superman and Batman are timeless Icons, combined their they have made more than the MCU and in the long run they're do better than any Marvel character except maybe Spider-Man.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

The only thing I think Batman is overused in is cartoons / animated series. We've had how many Batman cartoons now?

I'd like to see more of Superheros get their own animated series - and last more than 1 season.

Flash anybody? Aquaman? Wonder Women!?!? I think we'd all welcome those in a cartoon format - at least.

Suppose its nice they keep pumping out animated films though. Flashpoint was yet another excellent one. And again - because Flash is the "main" character its a very refreshing and new feeling.

Otherwise I think Batman is fine. The Tim Burten movies in the 90's are a bit of a joke. Sure the Nolan movies just ended but...you want to tell me you don't want a Batman/Supmerman movie or eventually Justice League? Cause there's no way Justice League is going to NOT have Batman in it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Agreed, he's been only overused in animated series just Superman has been in live action TV series. And I'd kill for a Flash animated series.

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manofsteel699: Batman is definitely overused by DC Comics. He is literally the most popular character in DC even though he's already been established as a great character. Honestly though, the only problem that I have with him is his involvement in animation, live-action, and video games. I would much rather see other characters taking the spotlight instead of Batman being the centerpiece. Marvel has done a much better job of establishing several different characters and giving them their own movies. Everyone knows who Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman, Thor and Wolverine are and their respective abilities. People know little about Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman, if they don't read comics. Even though his products generate the most income, they can still give other characters time alongside Batman. Anyways, Batman could still be the centerpiece of DC even if other characters had their own live-action movies, live-action TV shows, animated movies, and animated TV shows. I will say that I don't see a problem with how they're doing comics or video games because other characters haven't been established yet. It's not Batman's fault though. It's Warner Bros' fault that they can't stop using Batman. After all, Batman has benefited DC Comics tremendously. The Arkham series is one of the most popular games in the last decade. The Dark Knight trilogy are one of the best comic-based live-action movies of all-time. Batman: The Animated Series is one of the best animated TV shows of all-time. I'm sure we an all agree it is not that we don't want Batman in the spotlight. It's that we want more of other characters to share the spotlight.

EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. DC tries to throw Batman in everything that they do. Its becoming tiring. Around 4 Batman shows in the last 20 years, Batman trilogies and They find a way to put him in nearly all the animated films. Ughh not to mention that a year after his last film, they're already talking reboots. This is crazy...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49  Edited By InnerVenom123

Is the sky blue?

Do birds sing?

Is grass green?

Are the clouds grey?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manofsteel699: Batman is definitely overused by DC Comics. He is literally the most popular character in DC even though he's already been established as a great character. Honestly though, the only problem that I have with him is his involvement in animation, live-action, and video games. I would much rather see other characters taking the spotlight instead of Batman being the centerpiece. Marvel has done a much better job of establishing several different characters and giving them their own movies. Everyone knows who Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman, Thor and Wolverine are and their respective abilities. People know little about Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman, if they don't read comics. Even though his products generate the most income, they can still give other characters time alongside Batman. Anyways, Batman could still be the centerpiece of DC even if other characters had their own live-action movies, live-action TV shows, animated movies, and animated TV shows. I will say that I don't see a problem with how they're doing comics or video games because other characters haven't been established yet. It's not Batman's fault though. It's Warner Bros' fault that they can't stop using Batman. After all, Batman has benefited DC Comics tremendously. The Arkham series is one of the most popular games in the last decade. The Dark Knight trilogy are one of the best comic-based live-action movies of all-time. Batman: The Animated Series is one of the best animated TV shows of all-time. I'm sure we an all agree it is not that we don't want Batman in the spotlight. It's that we want more of other characters to share the spotlight.

This post is perfect, have you ever thought if Superman returns was a success then we could've gotten a WF movie in 2008 and if the GL movie was a success then we could've seen more DC characters in movies, I still think WB should do a Flash movie instead of a TV series.