Is Batman better than Iron Man?

• 87 results
The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No. I don't far better exaggerated maybe. Mainly due to fans maybe.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Wolverine008

No.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken: i dont think so... wayne has invented tech like teleportation... stark only manages to shoot a laser...

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Durakken

People...if you are going to "reply" quote what you are replying to or give me a clue what you are talking about when you reply months later... and read the entire damn thread... It's clear @mikesterman hasn't read the only thing v.v

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#57  Edited By flazam

Iron Man is actually quite unpopular on this site

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better at what? In a fight? Popularity wise? Better at which character has better video-games? Better at which character has better movies?

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam said:

I think because of civil war

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flazam said:

He's more popular to non comic book readers.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken:
Where is it established that Bruce owns that much of Gotham's land? I like your argument, I just don't recall anything like that being established.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:

@muyjingo: No Man's Land

I read No Man's land and don't recall that. Can you be more specific?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because it has been a while, but it's one of the areas where Bruce is talking about the disc holding all of gotham's real estate. I think it's explicitly said somewhere in there, but if not it is strongly implied and reasonably taken to mean what i said.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@durakken said:

@night_thrasher said:

I like Batman more than Iron Man. However if by better you mean smarter, richer, more powerful...then no. Stark has Wayne beat in all three categories.

Stark is not smarter. Yes he's smart, but he simply doesn't have the breadth or depth of knowledge Bruce has. Stark has a greater knowledge in a few key areas that allows him to make the Iron Man suit and that is about it...if that. The major invention Stark has is his energy source. Bruce however likely could create similar if he really tried or perhaps has created similar and just the difference in power levels of the others around him causes it to appear not as good.

Stark is not richer than Wayne. That is a myth that people who don't actually know anything about the characters made up when comparing movies and doing so dumbly. Bruce literally owns something like 1 to 2 thirds of Gotham's land and finances a huge amount of businesses in Gotham. He also obviously has liquid assets in the 100s of millions just to finance Batman at the bare minimum and that still hasn't touched on Wayne Enterprises which is the only way place that Stark may even remotely compete against Bruce on. Wayne Enterprises vs Stark Industries... Depending on canon Stark Industries is near collapse or having major problems due to Stark doing this or that. Wayne Enterprises not only has a larger economy to work in, but they just more successful in a general sense due to being weapons manufacturers as well as medical and tech and banking and so many other things. In comparison to the real world Stark Industries is like Marvel and Wayne Enterprises is a like Time Warner. They're simply on different tiers.

I brought it up in a minor way earlier, but when people talk about Stark being a billionaire. They're talking about his net worth if all his assets were Liquidated... when you talk about Bruce Wayne being a billionaire they're talking about his current liquid assets and not his net worth. His Net Worth would have to be in the trillions simply due to owning so much of Gotham. Gotham is, mind you, a version of New York which is one of the most expensive places to own land in the real world. New York would cost 1.05 Trillion to buy. Bruce owns 30-60% of this which means that his net value is at least 315-630 billion. That number is the bare minimum Bruce has over Stark and everything else Stark can be compared and is quite easily seen to be of less worth than most of what Bruce has.

The reason Stark is thought to be richer is because we see him using the Iron Man suit which we tend to think is more expensive even though we know shrinking everything tends to make it better and generally speaking we dismiss the value of all the expendables that Batman uses, the tech embedded in the suits and the vehicles. I will say that on suit vs suit comparison the Iron Man suit is more expensive, but it is also more durable, and has less expendables and the suit probably costs only a 20-30% more than a Batsuit. Batsuits that I'd bet Bruce goes through far more of than Stark.

More Powerful... Politically more powerful... yes, though Bruce doesn't try to be... though I'd say that Oracle and Batman are superior to SHIELD in espionage and it could be argued that with a friend like Superman and WonderWoman and Aquaman and Green Lantern and... he's technically more powerful in that sense too considering he has pull with world leaders and global icons rather than 1 country and 2 degrees of separation from the president at the very least...

I do however have to say that some of the above does have to change if we consider Batman Beyond or Ultimate Marvel. Ultimate Marvel's Stark is friends with Cap. America who is president and is part of a cabal that controls something like 90% of the wealth of the world and Batman Beyond Bruce lost his company and for some reason has a hard time taking the company back over... the only explanation for this i can think of is either he doesn't have all the land he should own or he doesn't wish to sell it because he wants what's best for Gotham. Either way it denotes less wealth by a pretty huge margin... though simultaneously it does put a number on his wealth to some degree since Bruce bought back his entire company and it took all his money which if we apply that to all Batman canon it means his liquid assets are equal to Wayne Enterprises stock value which would have to be something on the level of Microsoft or Sony or something like that. It'd be like Bill gates running Microsoft into the ground, losing it, having it return to it's former value and then buying it back. If something like that happened it would blow just about everyone's mind because Bill Gates doesn't have 70 billion dollars without microsoft and if we're saying that Wayne Enterprises is about 2 times as big as Microsoft (to accommodate for DC's Earth) then that would mean Bruce has 140 billion in liquid assets, 140 billion in Wayne Enterprises, and 600 billion in Gotham land at the minimum which is just insane and impossible for Stark to compete with without Ultimate Marvel canon which is not the norm and I'm pretty sure that didn't last long, but i forget if he lost it or not yet.

Mah man

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Iron Man is way better than Batman.

Batman sucks.

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are among my favorite characters (and both are characters I started reading lately), but Batman is undoubtedly the better character. When it comes to tech, Tony obviously has the edge, and I bet he's also much richer than Bruce (not that it actually matters, both have just as much money as the plot needs them to have anyway), and one could argue that he's smarter than Bruce, but when it comes to story, movies, villians, etc., Batman is obviously the superior hero.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Blackdog2009

YES. In EVERY sense Batman is better than IM and ALL OTHER superheroes, except Superman. Nuff said.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#71  Edited By daredevil21134

Batman fans make me laugh

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the best there is

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: @doomnaut: Arkham city=best superhero game ever. The dark knight=best superhero movie ever and 6th greatest movie of all time. Batman the animated series=best superhero show ever and second best animated show of all time. The dark knight returns=second best graphic novel of all time. Batman trumps in every area. These aren just my opinions but opinions of pro critics.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@jayc1324 said:

@daredevil21134: @doomnaut: Arkham city=best superhero game ever. The dark knight=best superhero movie ever and 6th greatest movie of all time. Batman the animated series=best superhero show ever and second best animated show of all time. The dark knight returns=second best graphic novel of all time. Batman trumps in every area. These aren just my opinions but opinions of pro critics.

What's your point?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken: I agree with most of what you said, but the claim that he owns most of Gotham is a major pillar of your argument. It isn't easy to verify and doesn't come up in various biographies of the character. I don't think it's accurate to say that.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: My argument doesn't rest on that. It is simply pointing out that that alone is enough to push him way beyond Stark. Even in the best depictions of Stark and the Worst depictions of Wayne, Wayne is still miles ahead of Stark.

kirbyderby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well duh.

Avatar image for high_father_batgod
High_Father_BatGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer batman

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is kind of stupid... Why would you post this in the Batman forum? You're obviously going to get mostly people saying 'yes.' If you put this same thread in the Iron Man forum, people would say 'no,' mostly. It's like asking a group of people at a Domino's what their favorite Pizza place is. Your results aren't going to be totally accurate.

Elvabeby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well batman is more popular, so whatever happens he's going to be better than iron man...

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Batman simply because unlike Iron man, his world is allowed for constant reinvention and change. He can also question the very nature of superheroes through that reinvention. And on top of that his villains are some of the most oddest, compelling and sometimes sympathetic people in comic books.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85  Edited By cameron83

.....Why do I even go on this site anymore? I just.....can't.

Anyway, this is completely opinion and should be rephrased (as it actually is),"Do you like Batman better than Iron Man?". Honestly,it's basically a popularity contest and people will completely dismiss Iron Man (speaking in terms of his character and feats) in favor for Batman. To tell you the truth,people will say that Batman is stronger than Spider Man,Faster than Flash,Smarter than Reed Richards and Hank Pym combined,has more wisdom than Black Panther,is more durable than Wolverine,can beat Midnighter in h2h,etc......

It's just not surprising what I see.....especially how many things people are leaving out.......

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, this is completely opinion and should be rephrased (as it actually is),"Do you like Batman better than Iron Man?". Honestly,it's basically a popularity contest and people will completely dismiss Iron Man (speaking in terms of his character and feats) in favor for Batman. To tell you the truth,people will say that Batman is stronger than Spider Man,Faster than Flash,Smarter than Reed Richards and Hank Pym combined,has more wisdom than Black Panther,is more durable than Wolverine,can beat Midnighter in h2h,etc......

It's just not surprising what I see.....especially how many things people are leaving out.......

No one on this thread has said anything like that

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

In a lot of different ways yes. In mechanical engineering no.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@cameron83 said:

No one on this thread has said anything like that

*facepalm*

I'm gonna just leave this at "wasn't talking about anyone here in specific,unless it truly applies to them" before I sound douchey.