Is batman a better martial artist the Black panther

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know they have battled a lot but I have not found a clear answer to this question. All psychical attributes aside, who is the better martial artist?

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You'll never know.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes. i believe i read that batman is an expert in all known martial arts while black panther has merely studied them all.

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Considering Black Panther is a nearly identical rip-off of Batman, I'd say he will soon be a master of all martial arts lol

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tikbaz

I actually believe them to be equal to each other in martial skill and technique.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They are the same in terms of skill. They both mastered all forms of fighting. One can't get any better than when they know it all.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zaied

They're basically equal.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batzilla said:

@sodamyat: Considering Black Panther is a nearly identical rip-off of Batman, I'd say he will soon be a master of all martial arts lol

Kinda like Bronze Tiger is a ripoff of Panther. And they are not equal. Panther is superior.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are definitely not equal. Batman is an expert in all. Panther has merely studied them.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

They are definitely not equal. Batman is an expert in all. Panther has merely studied them.

Oh please. Tchalla was training in Martial arts when he was a toddler. Bruce started late.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

Oh please. Tchalla was training in Martial arts when he was a toddler. Bruce started late.

by that statement than tchalla is a lazy bum since bruce surpassed him. Going by the comics of course. not by fanboy opinion.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do think Batman has done more crazy things with martial arts compared to Black Panther.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the scans ready to show that Batman has masteredevery martial art. Tchalla cant say the same. Ive seen the scans. This isnt the first time this subject has been brought up. So I know. I believe the best tchalla proof that was shown was a scan saying that tchalla has studied all martial arts. but studying is inferior to mastering.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is better. He has done more ridiculous things with martial arts. Altering instant death strikes to be non fatal, claiming he knows over 400 ways to incapacitate someone without drawing blood, having moves and pressure points to KO superhumans easily.. Wolverine is Batman's equal in marvel, black panther is a little bit below them.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@sodamyat said:

That doesn't really mean anything,T'Challa is physically superior but Batman is undoubtedly a better fighter.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman said:

@sodamyat said:

That doesn't really mean anything,T'Challa is physically superior but Batman is undoubtedly a better fighter.

the question is who is the better martial artist. The op even freaking says "all physicals aside".

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SodamYat

@jayc1324 said:

Batman is better. He has done more ridiculous things with martial arts. Altering instant death strikes to be non fatal, claiming he knows over 400 ways to incapacitate someone without drawing blood, having moves and pressure points to KO superhumans easily.. Wolverine is Batman's equal in marvel, black panther is a little bit below them.

do you have proof that wolverine has mastered every martial art?

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm pretty sure Bruce is the better fighter

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Even. Panthers wins in fight because of better gear tho :p

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gracetrack

Black Panther has probably mastered all fighting styles on Marvel's earth. There is at least one official source saying that he has, though it has never actually been stated within the comic pages themselves (as far as I know).

That said, Bruce is the superior martial artist, in my opinion.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SodamYat

im waiting to jump all over this once someone lies.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce/Batman masters lots of fighting technics as you can see in Batman the Wrath but to says who's the best of the two is hard

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one is better that Tary SuSchala from MarySueTopia.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joc_a_roo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joc_a_roo

127 isn't every form of Martial Arts 1st off...so what you guys are saying is that Batman (1939) knew Jeet Kun Do before Bruce Lee was even born or Keysi Fighting Method before the Dark Knight trilogy? Yea right, get over yourself on that. DC messed up when they added a number to Batman's Martial Arts. Both with the # that he knows and the # of years it took him to learn them.

T'Challa has 30+ years of his own experience, which he has *MASTERED EVERY SINGLE MARTIAL ART IN THE WORLD AND THEN SOME!* Plus T'Challa is the *King of the Dead* which means that he used to have *10K years of Knowledge, Wisdom, Skill, Strength, Speed and EXPERIENCE of every single Black Panther before him.* With the release of *Avengers 1 Million BC* in Marvel Legacy (Wednesday September 27th, 2017) it has now been retcon from 10K years to *1 Million Years.*

NOT ONLY has Black Panther MASTERED Every Single Martial Art in the World, BUT he has MASTERED 5 particular Martial Arts that many other Combatants *DO NOT KNOW!*

1. *Ancient African Martial Arts* (no one outside of the Royal Family knows)

2. *Wakandan Martial Arts* (no one outside of Wakanda knows this)

3. *K'un Lun Martial Arts* ...yes i said K'un Lun, the same Martial Arts that the Iron Fist uses. *PROOF* (Read: 2016 - 2017; The Ultimates 2; Vol 1; ISSUE # 4; Page 99)

4. *Shadow Combat* = A combination of *Wakandan* Martial Arts, *K'un Lun* Martial Arts and *Jeet Kun Do* (Reference # 3 for the same evidence and Kun Lun) *Side Note:* NO ONE else in the *Marvel Universe* knows *Shadow Combat* since NO ONE KNOWS Wakandan Martial Arts and it's extremely rare for anyone to even learn K'un Lun

5. *Shadow Physics* = Weapons formed by *Wakandan Science and Sorcery* (No one else KNOWS how to do this either).

joc_a_roo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Official Marvel Guide Book states that Black Panther has Mastered EVERY Single Martial Art in the World...

https://goo.gl/images/nrJgkE

The official Marvel Website states the following...

T'Challa is a brilliant tactician, strategist, scientist, tracker and a master of all forms of unarmed combat whose unique hybrid fighting style incorporates acrobatics and aspects of animal mimicry. T'Challa being a royal descendent of a warrior race is also a master of armed combat, able to use a variety of weapons but prefers unarmed combat. He is a master planner who always thinks several steps ahead and will go to extreme measures to achieve his goals and protect the kingdom of Wakanda.

Here's the Link to the site...

http://marvel.com/characters/5/black_panther

joc_a_roo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're doubting that there's Wakandan Martial Arts or the fact that he knows K'un Lun Martial Arts, here's proof of that as well...

https://goo.gl/images/Lp4G3J

In comparison to Black Panther, Batman is *NOT* the following...

-A KING

-Ruler of the most advance technological nation in the world

-Has *Diplomatic Immunity* which allows Black Panther to do pretty much what he wants for the most part

-Has a cure for every illness currently in the world

-Identity is known to the world

-Has the most precious meterial and resources in the world, that the rest of the world doesn't have

-Has Spiritual powers, abilities, & enhancements

-IS KING OF THE DEAD...meaning he has POWER OVER THE DEAD

-Worship a fictional God

-IF T'Challa uses any weapons, they're usually African Weapons...how many other heroes use those regularly, hmm?

-Created his very own Scientific Field using Science and Sorcery called *Shadow Physics* that the rest of the world doesn't know about.

-Has Martial Arts that no one else in the world would know

-He has CREATED his very own Martial Art using SCIENCE AND SORCERY...again *Shadow Physics*

-Speaking of Sorcery, he knows & can use Magic

Black Panther has also...

-Had contingency plans long before Batman ever did. He debuted with it back in Fantastic 4 in 1966. Batman was not known for it until Frank Miller's the Dark Knight Returns in 1986 which was *20 YEARS LATER.*

-Black Panther also wore *BLACK* before Batman EVER did. Batman was still wearing Blue and Gray when Black Panther debuted in *1966.*

-There are 3 main reasons behind wearing a cape...

*1. Superiority =* Black Panther, Thor, Loki, Wonder Woman (sometimes), Dr. Doom, SUPERMAN...HELLO!

*2. Tactical =* Batman and the Bat-Family, Moon Knight, etc.

*3. Powers =* Spawn, Dr. Strange

So tell me again how Black Panther is a copy of Batman...and don't say because he's rich. They've both acquired their wealth in very different ways. Again, Batman isn't Royalty, he's no King.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By stormshadow_x

@joc_a_roo: Chill. I'm sure everyone here knows Knew just as much if not more than you have displayed,Plus this was two years ago.

Also were just talking Martial Arts skill.... so I'm not sure where anything you said that didn't involve it matters

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's my opinion that Black Panther is an enhanced Batman. Both are equally skilled, both are incredibly impressive and are probably the greatest martial artists in their universe's Earth.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's my opinion that Black Panther is an enhanced Batman. Both are equally skilled, both are incredibly impressive and are probably the greatest martial artists in their universe's Earth.

Would you consider Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain top tier martial artist or count there reading movement ability as cheating?

joc_a_roo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By joc_a_roo

@itouchedtheboat:

I can type pretty fast, but not that fast to post all of that lol. I've had this conversation many times before. But now that I can recall your post, how is Black Panther a copy of Batman? Nothing I listed, which is right out of the Marvel Comic Books shows Black Panther to be a copy of Batman...

joc_a_roo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at all the differnet names I got confused on who said what so I just deleted the post all together lol, sorry about that.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat:

I can type pretty fast, but not that fast to post all of that lol. I've had this conversation many times before. But now that I can recall your post, how is Black Panther a copy of Batman? Nothing I listed, which is right out of the Marvel Comic Books shows Black Panther to be a copy of Batman...

I never called him a copy. I said Black Panther = enhanced Batman, what I meant is that physically; if Batman was enhanced like Captain America or Deathstroke, he'd be exactly like Black Panther. I saw your post, you were referring to him as a character I'm referring to him as a physical body/Martial Artist.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat said:

Would you consider Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain top tier martial artist or count there reading movement ability as cheating?

wow, totally forgot about them. No, I'd consider them top tier 100%. Cassandra has a special power to read movements, without it she isnt as impressive, but still not a weakling. Lady Shiva is just amazing though

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I would say Post Crisis Batman and Black Panther are to some degree equal when it comes to skill, however i do think T'Challa is more skilled than New 52/Rebirth Bruce.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is more skilled than T'Challa going by feats and as for ancient african,vakandan martial arts,shadow combat etc doesn't exist in DC like speed force in marvel.

So batman probably would have learned them already and if not than batman has more than enough combat skills which will counter them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah going with Batman.