Is anyone actually excited for Beware the Batman?

• 144 results
wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By wolverine1610

Well i was wary about the cgi green lantern but i gave it a chance and liked it so i'll give it a chance even though i dont like batman much

PCN24454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By PCN24454

Bad animation, but it looks like it has good plot.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but I hate that the idea that their way of making it "fresh" and "new" is by never, ever, ever using the iconic villains.

They've never said that, if so, please show me a link where someone involved in the series has said that. All they have said is that the focus will not be on the classic Batman villains, but they never said they won't have any focus at all, nor will they ever be featured in the show. It's like in TBATB, the focus wasn't on the most popular heroes, but that doesn't mean those heroes didn't get any spotlight at all, Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, Supes, all of them were featured as the show went on, and the same thing will happen in this show with the classic villains. So, yeah, just chill.

orangeryonng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, I am excited!

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eh, I'll watch it.

Regless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's coming out today. Very excited. The CGI shows I've seen are always a mixed bag, the look is more barren but the animation is so much smoother. Also going to enjoy seeing new villains as opposed to the joker. I know he's awesome, but I've seen him so much. An also where their's joker there's usually a crappy weak version of Harley these days. Also excited for Katana, not so much the new Alfred, but we'll see how it goes.

Taye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Taye

I'm not excited and I don't think this series was a good idea. The reason Batman is as popular as he is, is due to his rogue gallery. These villains, with the exception of Ra's, or kind of dull, IMO. I think they should just do another Batman series rebooting Batman's roues, but not like The Batman

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

1st episode was decent

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By DwightSpitz

They all look weird as fuck, what where the designers smoking?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Not really, I dont like CGI shows.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like Beware the Batman. It's not the best show ever in my opinion (the best show ever would be Smallville in my opinion), but it's good and I enjoy watching it. I want to watch the next episode of this series.

Avatar image for thatonekidwholikescomics
ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon said:

• The CGI - I HATE it. I haven't seen GLTAS, mainly due to me not being able to get past the horrible CGI. It looks horrible, ugly, etc. There is just nothing good-looking about it. They couldn't of went with Young Justice style artwork?

This.

Exactly my thoughts. But, I really want this series to just die so they can bring YJ or a series with the same animation and style/seriousness BACK.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beware the Batman is a absolutely disappointment for me, indeed I stopped to see it after the second episode, and I don't think so that I will continue to follow it. Sorry.

jpperrotti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By jpperrotti

No im not excited for this show at all. Im sorry but I personally think it sucks. I like the younger, more spry Alfred and at the very least well finally see the badass I know hes always been. But seriously, a PULSE RIFLE! Why does plasma need to be in a rifle, theres no bullet for rifling to spin? He was in MI6 not Frickin Starwars, give him his double barrel shotgun, maybe a Walther PPK or something that at least looks like it, or nothing at all! Theres no Joker and I cant get enough of him. They turned Metamorpho into a bad guy, and worst of all, they raped Anarkys character. They took a child prodigy with some good arguments about anarchism, who's actual goal was to make the world a better place, and the kid was 12! And the part where Anarky gave two guys a big ray gun and a chainsaw!!!! Anarky in the comics has denounced the use of Lethal force! They turned him into a psycho, and hes not, hes a villain that actually means well, and hes a lot more intelligent. "sigh" cartoon network. Is this seriously the kind of crap Im losing Green Lantern and Young Justice to?!?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its better than YJ.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#117  Edited By entropy_aegis
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Beware the Batman has surprised me. It's pretty awesome.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Decent at best so far. Everything about the show is more or less unnoteworthy. It's not a bad watch, but it's not something that I get excited for each week.

Definitely not better than Young Justice, in my opinion. Young Justice is the best DC cartoon to date (except MAYBE Batman: TAS).
Young Justice > Justice League: TAS/Unlimited > Teen Titans > Beware the Batman.

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No im not excited for this show at all. Im sorry but I personally think it sucks. I like the younger, more spry Alfred and at the very least well finally see the badass I know hes always been. But seriously, a PULSE RIFLE! Why does plasma need to be in a rifle, theres no bullet for rifling to spin? He was in MI6 not Frickin Starwars, give him his double barrel shotgun, maybe a Walther PPK or something that at least looks like it, or nothing at all! Theres no Joker and I cant get enough of him. They turned Metamorpho into a bad guy, and worst of all, they raped Anarkys character. They took a child prodigy with some good arguments about anarchism, who's actual goal was to make the world a better place, and the kid was 12! And the part where Anarky gave two guys a big ray gun and a chainsaw!!!! Anarky in the comics has denounced the use of Lethal force! They turned him into a psycho, and hes not, hes a villain that actually means well, and hes a lot more intelligent. "sigh" cartoon network. Is this seriously the kind of crap Im losing Green Lantern and Young Justice to?!?

Metamorpho started out as a bad guy in Justice League too. Yet, no one whined and cried, even if that episode was the worst of season one.

Also, this show was NOT the reason YJ and GL:TAS were cancelled. That's CN's own stupidity.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a big batman fan, so maybe i'm nto the best judge, but it seems pretty cheesy. The graphics last week when it showed a close up of morpho's limbs restrained looked so comically fake it was laughable. And did batman always have them collagen lips? Seems like it would hurt keeping his secret identity

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7 episodes have already been aired and Batman only managed to capture ONE criminal? this is the worst batman I have ever saw

sockman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By sockman19

@rustyroy said:

Its better than YJ.

Agreed.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions...but I cannot possibly see how anyone could believe this O.o

YJ has better stories, better writing, FAR better animation, better voice acting, a larger and more interesting cast of characters, a continuing story, actual character development, and a very fresh feel to it.

BTB isn't bad. But it's just not something that hooks you in like YJ or any other other DC cartoons thusfar.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By RustyRoy

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

Its better than YJ.

Agreed.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions...but I cannot possibly see how anyone could believe this O.o

YJ has better stories, better writing, FAR better animation, better voice acting, a larger and more interesting cast of characters, a continuing story, actual character development, and a very fresh feel to it.

BTB isn't bad. But it's just not something that hooks you in like YJ or any other other DC cartoons thusfar.

I loved the first season of YJ but the second season was very bad, the animation was definitely better, the fighting was good too, but stories were stale, the plot was boring, there was no clear end of an episode, the continuity sucked, there tried to include too many character and there was hardly any interesting development, it was full of clichés, and it wasn't fresh at all. But that's just my opinion.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By entropy_aegis

@sockman19 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

Its better than YJ.

Agreed.

YJ was one of those shows that pretends to be smart and serious.The plot was all over the place,there was no focus or cohesion,conspiracies on top conspiracies,moles inside moles,villains so smart that at the end of every episode we had to reminded how they were winning and the big plan/payoff was...mind control using Starro ...what a f*cking waste of time and a lame invasion. Too many supporting characters and villains a good deal of whom only had 2-3 lines of dialogue at best they were there only for fan service,dangling plot threads and more,it was one of the worst written shows that I ever had the displeasure to watch.

Convoluted crap does not equal smart or complex,people(especially comic fans) love YJ and hate BTB for superficial reasons that have nothing to do with the quality of the shows. YJ is loved because it utilized DC characters not named Batman,BTB is a Batman show and since Batman is supposedly overexposed it ends up earning the ire of fans who feel Batman is stealing everyone's spotlight,oh and because it was geared towards teens who need more ships and feels in their life which is ultimately why it failed,it was written for a niche market.

Beware the Batman is a smarter show,more serious but without the pretense,it's something both kids and adults can watch on a Saturday and have a good time,f*ck adolescents and their fantasies.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've actually enjoyed it so far(despite the strange animation) but I would've preferred if they didn't start him off practically at the beginning of his career and there were some actual villains of note.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: To be fair the first season was actually good, but as the second one started it went so far up it's own arse that it just became stupid.

This sounds like something Fade would say lol,I did enjoy the first season until the final episode,unfortunately all the build up was supposed to lead to that and it sucked hard,so it automatically brings down the rest of the season IMO.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sockman19 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

Its better than YJ.

Agreed.

YJ was one of those shows that pretends to be smart and serious.The plot was all over the place,there was no focus or cohesion,conspiracies on top conspiracies,moles inside moles,villains so smart that at the end of every episode we had to reminded how they were winning and the big plan/payoff was...mind control using Starro ...what a f*cking waste of time and a lame invasion. Too many supporting characters and villains a good deal of whom only had 2-3 lines of dialogue at best they were there only for fan service,dangling plot threads and more,it was one of the worst written shows that I ever had the displeasure to watch.

Convoluted crap does not equal smart or complex,people(especially comic fans) love YJ and hate BTB for superficial reasons that have nothing to do with the quality of the shows. YJ is loved because it utilized DC characters not named Batman,BTB is a Batman show and since Batman is supposedly overexposed it ends up earning the ire of fans who feel Batman is stealing everyone's spotlight,oh and because it was geared towards teens who need more ships and feels in their life which is ultimately why it failed,it was written for a niche market.

Beware the Batman is a smarter show,more serious but without the pretense,it's something both kids and adults can watch on a Saturday and have a good time,f*ck adolescents and their fantasies.

True specially the last part. People also dislike BtB for the CGI. I even liked GLTAS more than YJ.

@entropy_aegis said:

@theacidskull said:

@entropy_aegis: To be fair the first season was actually good, but as the second one started it went so far up it's own arse that it just became stupid.

This sounds like something Fade would say lol,I did enjoy the first season until the final episode,unfortunately all the build up was supposed to lead to that and it sucked hard,so it automatically brings down the rest of the season IMO.

Lol, i guess it does sound like fade XD

anyways, yeah, the build up was great, and i liked the characters, they were fun and different, and each brought something new to the table, then as time passed and the second season started it was just crap, it wasn't sure of what it wanted to be and it basically became this :

PLOT.BADGUYS.FIGHTING.PLOT.FRAMED HEROES.MOLES.PLOT

which is sad really because it could have been amazing. BtB has a solid Plot, characters, and doesn't make random cameos for no particular reason other than to advertise the DC universe. In fact, that's what i'd call season two, an advertisement.

Yeah season 1 finale was very underwhelming and the season 2 became just what you described. It seemed like they were trying so hard to be edgy, serious because that's what everyone thinks cool now.

sockman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By sockman19

@sockman19 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@rustyroy said:

Its better than YJ.

Agreed.

YJ definitely had its flaws. The two biggest (which you mentioned) being the "conspiracies on top of conspiracies" and that some characters sort of faded into the background as the series progressed.

Most of your critiques of YJ seem to be aimed at the second season, though. The first season was nothing short of stellar. You speak of a great deal of fan service and lacking payoff. You also speak of the show only pretending to be smart and complex. I disagree. I look at episodes like Failsafe, Bereft, and Misplaced and I see writing that does not take the more cliche routes, that takes itself seriously, and that isn't afraid to stray away from typical solutions in favor of more unorthodox plot twists.

Also, I don't see why cameos seem to be a problem for YJ. Yes, the show does touch upon a lot of different areas of the DC Universe and showcases a lot of different characters. If anything, I would think that that is a good thing? I will concede that the second season of the show does disrespect some characters (like Tim and Barbara) by making them essentially cameos throughout the entire seasons rather than participating members of the team. But I hardly think this is something that invalidates the entire show.

BTB is a young show. So it's hard to actually talk about it critically without knowing the directions it will take us in the future. But from what we've seen so far, I cannot see how it is a smarter show by any stretch of the imagination. Like I said previously, it is not a bad show. I watch it each week because it is worth keeping up with. But I do not see it as smarter, more serious, or better written than YJ. The word I'd use to describe it so far is unexceptional.

Both shows have their flaws. That is a very fair point. But what I don't think is fair is to write of the entirety of YJ as convoluted and crappy. You may disagree, but I feel that it is a far more cohesive product (particularly the second season) when watched in order without the endless gaps provided by Cartoon Network. I never watched the show while it was actually airing but I've heard a lot about the endless hiatuses. And after seeing the show, I honestly believe that not seeing all of the episodes consecutively took away from the second season and attributes to a lot of the fans' hate for it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sockman19: The problem is that EVERY single episode was supposed to lead up to the big finale,yes I loved season 1 of YJ but the payoff was so underwhelming that I was actually angry. The cameos are a problem,take Deathstroke for example built up to be a badass and then gets owned and captured OFFSCREEN,Ocean Master was kicked out of the Light and replaced by Manta BEFORE HE EVEN DID SOMETHING WORTH OF NOTE. They just kept tossing characters in to the mix without writing a proper story for them,then there is the uneven screen time,you correctly mentioned Babs and Tim,same goes for Wonder Girl,but Blue Beetle got so much time that I started wondering if it was a Jamie Reyes show,same goes for Conner and Miss Martian in the first season though to a lesser extent.

BTB's greatest flaws IMO are the empty streets feel which they do seem to be rectifying and the villains being unable to stand on their own,Silver Monkey is the only exception.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By RustyRoy

@sockman19: The problem is that EVERY single episode was supposed to lead up to the big finale,yes I loved season 1 of YJ but the payoff was so underwhelming that I was actually angry. The cameos are a problem,take Deathstroke for example built up to be a badass and then gets owned and captured OFFSCREEN,Ocean Master was kicked out of the Light and replaced by Manta BEFORE HE EVEN DID SOMETHING WORTH OF NOTE. They just kept tossing characters in to the mix without writing a proper story for them,then there is the uneven screen time,you correctly mentioned Babs and Tim,same goes for Wonder Girl,but Blue Beetle got so much time that I started wondering if it was a Jamie Reyes show,same goes for Conner and Miss Martian in the first season though to a lesser extent.

BTB's greatest flaws IMO are the empty streets feel which they do seem to be rectifying and the villains being unable to stand on their own,Silver Monkey is the only exception.

They also underutilized Nightwing, actually pretty much every character was underutilized except Blue Beetle, they build up Roy's character so perfectly in first season and then did nothing interesting with him season 2, also the 5 years later thing sucked, we suddenly see that everything changed but it was never mentioned how, most notably Dick's evolution to Nightwing, Roy/Cheshire and Wally/Artemis thing and many more, and after they end an episode with a cliffhanger they don't resolve in the next episodes, they put some other characters and a different story in the next episode, and just pile up these cliffhangers.

sockman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: @entropy_aegis: Fair points. I agree that Young Justice did not handle Tim, Babs, or Cassie very well. I liked the little that we saw of them but it was a bit of a slap in the face that none of them really played major roles throughout the second season.

I'm not very bothered about character like Ocean Master or Deathstroke, however. I do understand how their uneven usage might be frustrating for some. But to me, the show wasn't really about either of them very much. I viewed them more as extended cameos than as characters who were important to the show. And it didn't feel as underwhelming when they were both taken out because they were never made to look very important, in my eyes.

But I guess the real defense, in my eyes, for the character usage in YJ is this: it handled characters very well (the entire team in the first season with the exception of Rocket, Red Tornado, Blue Beetle, and Shazam to name a few) more often than it handled characters poorly (Tim, Babs, Cassie, Deathstroke). And that makes up for the uneven use of characters for me, though I do understand how it might not for some others.

As for the point about endless cliffhanger: I agree. Nothing annoyed me more about YJ than every episode ending with everything going exactly according to plan for the Light. And I wish that we had gotten to see a bit more context about Dick's ascension and some of the relationships in the show.

I will not try to make the argument that YJ was perfect. I would definitely lose that argument. I do very adamantly believe, however, that the good far outweighs the bad. And I don't think that YJ ever got to the point where it actually frustrated me enough not to want to watch any longer.

As for BTB, I think that far more problems exist. I really hated the way that characters like Professor Pyg, Mister Toad, and Humpty Dumpty were handled. And I don't think that any episode of BTB has really been enticing so far. When it came to YJ, it was easy for me to be very into every episode, especially in the first season. But there have been a number of times when my interest began to fade in BTB.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beware the Batman's not terrible or anything, but I just can't get into it. I watched a few episodes and I just don't have any feeling like "I can't wait to see next weeks episode!" I just stopped tuning in. It's okay though, the only thing I hate about it is it characterization of Pyg and Humpty Dumpty. Not really liking Alfred either.

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Magmaster12

The Batman had a pretty bad start as well but as the series progressed they did put a better spin on villains like, Doctor Strange The Riddle, and The Ventriloquist. Heck the episode Seconds I'd rank as better then a majority of the original animated series episodes.

And yet fans constantly bash it because of the majority of bad episodes and other changes because fandoms love to nitpick.

Why is it that everyone seems to nitpick Young Justice but no one ever complains about the stupid shit the original Teen Titans got away with!?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batman had a pretty bad start as well but as the series progressed they did put a better spin on villains like, Doctor Strange The Riddle, and The Ventriloquist. Heck the episode Seconds I'd rank as better then a majority of the original animated series episodes.

And yet fans constantly bash it because of the majority of bad episodes and other changes because fandoms love to nitpick.

Why is it that everyone seems to nitpick Young Justice but no one ever complains about the stupid shit the original Teen Titans got away with!?

This.

Every show has it's ups and downs (hell, B:TAS had its fair share of bad episodes). But when you get down to it, the merit of a show is in whether or not the exceptional episodes make up for the bad.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Commander_Kane

Whats the point? I'm sick of getting into great dc animated series' and having them being canceled before it can even go anywhere

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually maybe only two people here didn't like YJ(specifically the 2nd season), everyone else like it very much. And we were not nitpicking, we were just pointing out what we didn't like.

Whats the point? I'm sick of getting into great dc animated series' and having them being canceled before it can even go anywhere

Just three DC series has ever been cancelled by DC, and one of them got 3 season which isn't bad at all for an animated series.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen any Episodes but the sheer number of bad superhero cartoons out there gives me little hope.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen any Episodes but the sheer number of bad superhero cartoons out there gives me little hope.

To which cartoons are you referring, if you don't mind my asking?

I think that superhero cartoons in recent years haven't been bad, per se. Just some have been great and others less great. Even Beware the Batman isn't necessarily bad.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

I'm looking forward to seeing it eventually.

Often the series everyone assumes will suck are the best (MTV Spider-Man was tremendous)

123_batfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the GL cartoon didn't suck

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The CGI was an instant turn off. I do not like the way anyone looks.