• 142 results
#51 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Not excited. I'd like them to relaunch a classic Batman series in a few more years. Something similar to what's been done to TMNT. True to the roots with a modern twist.

#52 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio
CGI Cartoons  That's that $#!% I DONT like!  (+)
#53 Edited by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not the least bit interested in it.

1.not a fan of CGI..i like the green lantern series but took me a long time to get used to it...and that was because of interesting story.

2.the batman design itself.not a big fan.

3.Katana is not familiar to me and i would have so preferred any other bat-family member.

4.Alfred acting like he is from that earth one.

6.this show has the main target audience of children(why else CGI),so i wouldn't be surprised if guys like pyg are downplayed from what they are in comics..

But still I am hoping for to best and for them to prove me wrong..

#54 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a fair shake, I was pleasantly surprised with brave and the bold. The only batman series I ever hated was The Batman. So you never know.

#55 Posted by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtremekidx: I have a couple thoughts on your comments!

1. I agree the CGI takes some getting used to but overall its not that bad to watch. And like you said the Green Lantern show has some great stories (and its focus is also children). I would also like to mention to everyone that CGI is producing the highest ratings, Star Wars on CN and TMNT on Nickelodeon.

2. Fair enough, I personally think I am going to enjoy it. Though in the first promo picture it was pretty bad, the one you posted I actually like.

3. It's clear they wanted to use a girl character for once, and DC editorial took away Cassandra (which I am guessing the one they wanted to use) and Steph and they didn't want to use Barbara, so it actually makes sense how they ended up with Katana cause she is next in line to being close to Batman, and still fit his theme. It would be weird if they de-aged Zatanna and made her his sidekick (since he can't really mentor her at all).

4. I don't understand where everyone is getting how Alfred will act or anything! The only thing we know is that he used to be a government agent and is supposedly a really cool character (according to the show's creators).

5. I think most people are forgetting that all the cartoons are for kids, and this is totally trying to grab them at a younger age which makes sense. And in my opinion people shouldn't be annoyed at DC for doing something like that. And all the shows downplay the villains from the comics, I mean remember BTAS?!? What villain on the show wasn't a gimmick? I mean even the Joker wasn't that scary or intimidating...in my opinion. But the show still captured the essence of the villains and produced excellent stories, I think its possible with this show too.

And over all I am glad that you are still giving the show a chance, and who knows it might be a pleasant surprise. I am, and I don't even know it will be good. But Glen Murakami also produced Batman Beyond and well I loved that show.

@Crom-Cruach: I agree with the way you look at it! And ya I had no idea Brave and the Bold would be that good, it totally used camp to not be campy at all! I don't know how the writers managed to do it, but they did!

And to all those people who have just shut off your hopes for the show, I can't wait till you get proven wrong.

#56 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

....those are all good counter-points and agreeable honestly....

as for the villains on the show among whom prof-pyg is mentioned....i have only seen him in a few comics that are the batman and robin by GM and he is a psychopath who places doll faces on people and in my wildest dreams i can't imagine how you can "PG" that...but as you said we have no idea how the show will be so no Arguments *peace*

#57 Posted by sumafatrider (59 posts) - - Show Bio

yesssssssssss,they finally get to use anarky

#58 Posted by IronBatmanfan (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I will give it a chance but I'm not expecting much.

#59 Posted by The_Dreadnought (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we need another Batman reboot? If they insist on Batman again (and I do love him) why not something new, like Beyond? Shoot, a CGI Batman 1mil? Yes, please! I just don't have an interest in seeing him go through the same plotlines. I do have to give them credit for using more obscure characters, but I hate the designs.

#60 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

First I've heard of it but I'll watch it and then see how I feel.

#61 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: Don't know who likes this specific style of animation...Clearly, not me...

#62 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still not over the loss of Brave and the Bold - I loved that show!

#63 Edited by Duddy (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I too don't find this Batman any more convincing than Batman Beyond. However, I think it would have been clever to involve the Dynamic Duo- that's what I enjoyed about The Batman and TAS. And on a another point although the animation is new and computer generated, the best cartoon batman appearance for me, would have to be Young Justice's Batman (also from animated films like Batman: Under the Red Hood) due to his dark personality witnessed and the figure to go with. I also think there just needs to be one single appearance of Batman in a single generation. I don't mind that there are new rivals and villains addes to the script, but I would also like them to involve the other masterminds that we enjoy Batman for - The Joker, Black Mask, Two Face, Deadshot- just some original villains here and there with a bit of alliance from other DC heroes.

I love the cartoon world of Batman because we are able to do things that aren't really that much possible in reality. And by far, if anyone has seen Batman: Under the Red Hood it just dis it for me, and I wanted it to e series so bad!

Does anyone relate to this? I just don't think this Batman will be as dark as I think, and I want dark and bloody!!!

#64 Edited by Lady_Shadow (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of CGI but I'll watch it anyways. Batman is Batman.

#65 Posted by RustyRoy (14005 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very excited, I haven't seen any Batman animated series since BTAS apart from a few episodes of The Batman and Brave&Bold, the animation doesn't look that bad and I like that they're using Katana instead of Dick or Tim, also I like the choice of villains. This looks like a very different and new take on Batman so I'll definitely watch this.

#66 Posted by RustyRoy (14005 posts) - - Show Bio

Though they should already start promoting the show, I haven't heard anything about the since the first teaser.I think this because of the underwhelming fan response.

#67 Posted by IgiMancer (42 posts) - - Show Bio

nope. not excited. i really want a Flash cartoon.

#68 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

It looks and sounds terrible.

#69 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6505 posts) - - Show Bio

No not really.

#70 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I am, I haven't really watched a Batman cartoon in completion since TAS,JL/JLU, and Batman Beyond.

#71 Posted by ochoacruz22 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

exited!!??? i can't freaking wait!!!!! i love all batman cartoons!!! exept batman beyond =.= i hate terry.......i ONLY like bruce wayne. as the goddam batman!!!!! ohh & i love brave and the bold!!!!

#72 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not excited about the cancellation of Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS, or Alfred toting guns. Even though I like Katana, I prefer someone from the Bat family; I'll be so happy to actually see Jason Todd. I'm not against CGI, because GL TAS was good, but I don't like look of Batman. It looks weird, but it's not the CGI's fault.

However, I'll still give it a try because it's new/unique and I like Batman. Hopefully it's good but I'm not really expecting it to be

#73 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

tired of batman tv shows. give us something new. even a superman one would be better.

#74 Edited by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Alfred will not be toting guns...just was in a promotional image to make Alfred look actiony.

#75 Posted by waezi2 (8469 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really...

#76 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by The Stegman (26067 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#78 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm willing to bet 5 bucks this show will end up being popular.

#79 Edited by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash:Ya I was worried too, but I also have faith in the shows creators. Glen Murakami has been making amazing shows for a while, and he knows Batman pretty well. Here is the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxdDmy5SJ6U

@m3th: lol only 5? not 6?

#80 Posted by sinestro_GL (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

-the lack of recent news on the series. I practically forgot about it.

#81 Posted by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't want it.

#82 Posted by ARMIV2 (8853 posts) - - Show Bio

I really...kinda wish DC would be giving somebody else a shot at their own show...

#83 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: I'd bet 10 if I was still employed but I'm not.

#84 Posted by BlackWind (7232 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely not. I'm suck of Batman cartoons. Batman TAS, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Batman Brave and the Bold. And now Beware the Batman? He has had more than his share compared to everyone else.

#85 Posted by RobinScientist456 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be horrible but i will watch the pilot and this is why

1. the alfred wont just be a butler i love alfred but i only no him as a butler i would forget its alfred instantly

2. the CGI i hate those shows and i dont think its right for batman they should just do animated again

3. the villians as far as i know there are only gonna be villians that no one knows which i think is horrible i think if no one knows them there is a reason they probaly sucked in the comics so the writers cut them off

4. the no robin thing i could forget aout everything else but this is just messed up they shouldnt do a total outsider they should do a robin people never think about like jason todd an he wouldnt have to die cause there was no joker to kill him so it would be perfect

think of all these problems i think its too many it will probaly get cancelled before the second episode airs

#86 Edited by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely not. I'm suck of Batman cartoons. Batman TAS, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Batman Brave and the Bold. And now Beware the Batman? He has had more than his share compared to everyone else.

I sort of agree with this. Since they make more and more shows, it just looks more and more bad down the road, cause they try their best to deviate from the predecessor. Batman TAS was probably the best animated series out, ever. Beyond was good, The Batman was alright, Never watched Brave and the Bold because it was based on the Golden Age, but it looked alright nonetheless.

Beware the Batman looks bad. If it's any hero you DON'T put in CGI, It's Batman.... along with Flash, maybe. Saw Professor Pyg as a big pig and Mr. Toad and lost all interest..... the little of it that was even there, at least.

#87 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks so bad. I will not be watching.

#88 Posted by entropy_aegis (15445 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really excited for the show but I cant wait to see it become a critical and commercial success,would shut up all the trolls nice and proper.

#89 Posted by SupBatz (1855 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Glen Murakami, Sam Register, and Greg Weisman are all involved in the show in one way of another. And I've loved a lot of their work before. So while I'm not a fan of what I've heard so far (gun-totting Alfred, ugly CGI, only obscure villains), I'm remaining hesitantly optimistic.

#90 Posted by Jayc1324 (13520 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: batman is the most popular and makes the most money, so it makes sense he gets the most shows. It's also why he has the most comic titles right now.

#91 Posted by waezi2 (8469 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda evil, so I cant wait to point fingers at it(man, it would suck if it were great)

#92 Posted by RustyRoy (14005 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually very excited for this show. I haven't watch a Batman animated series for about a decade, so I'll definitely watch it. And even though the animation doesn't look that good maybe it will improve.

#93 Posted by TeenageMutantNinjaAvengers (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how villains like Anarky and Pyg are finally getting their time to shine, but I hate that the idea that their way of making it "fresh" and "new" is by never, ever, ever using the iconic villains. I mean, we want other villains to get into the show, but that doesn't mean you can't use the classic, well-known villains from time to time. I mean, DC, are you actually telling us you're making a Batman TV show without ever having Joker in it at all? Might as well make a Justice League show where the roster is Cyborg, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, and Wildcat.

#94 Posted by TenEyedMen (221 posts) - - Show Bio

All three reviews of the show so far say that the first episode is VERY good. So I'll give it a watch.

#95 Edited by Black_Claw (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how villains like Anarky and Pyg are finally getting their time to shine, but I hate that the idea that their way of making it "fresh" and "new" is by never, ever, ever using the iconic villains. I mean, we want other villains to get into the show, but that doesn't mean you can't use the classic, well-known villains from time to time. I mean, DC, are you actually telling us you're making a Batman TV show without ever having Joker in it at all? Might as well make a Justice League show where the roster is Cyborg, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, and Wildcat.

This. It's one of the biggest reasons why I'm not that excited about the show.

The smart thing to do is to have the A list Batrogues like Joker and Two Face show up every once in a blue moon so that the obscure villains can get some spotlight.

#96 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

"Excited" is too strong of a word. Rather I would say I'm... interested. At least enough to give it a fair chance.

#97 Posted by RustyRoy (14005 posts) - - Show Bio

"Excited" is too strong of a word. Rather I would say I'm... interested. At least enough to give it a fair chance.

#98 Edited by herrweis (437 posts) - - Show Bio

No interest in this at all

#99 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Not a single ounce od excitement in me. And this is sad considering that Batman is my second favorite character.

#100 Edited by DTSLanternCorps (240 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited...for its cancellation.

+1