How would you kill off Batman?

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you were hired by DC and tasked with ending the Caped Crusader, how would you do it?

I always imagined Batman and Joker strangling each other to death.

No Caption Provided

-Racob has spoken

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd make a pretty depressing story if he died from something mundane, like getting hit by a car. Then we could see the reactions of everyone around him, I imagine Nightwing and Joker would actually be pretty angry.

I always had this idea for a story where, after Batman dies, an imposter begins taking up the mantle and stops crime around Gotham. At the end of the story it's revealed that the imposter is Joker, whether or not he's even aware is something that the writer can decide.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By destroying the whole DCU and everyone in it

jeanSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd make a pretty depressing story if he died from something mundane, like getting hit by a car. Then we could see the reactions of everyone around him, I imagine Nightwing and Joker would actually be pretty angry.

I always had this idea for a story where, after Batman dies, an imposter begins taking up the mantle and stops crime around Gotham. At the end of the story it's revealed that the imposter is Joker, whether or not he's even aware is something that the writer can decide.

That last part would be amazing! But Like imagine the Joker hears about this new batman and tries stopping him while (he as batman) is trying to stop the Joker and not even the readers are aware until the ending where he's fighting himself than he comes to his senses and sees only himself crying with a gun pointed at himself...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By stop buying his products.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Death by Alfred

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That his mother Martha survive heart attack, and that now somehow kill him...

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

In a battle between him and a group of his rogues.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't kill him off, 'cause I don't want DC Comics to go out of business.

-daydream-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeansummers: that would be an extreme rip off from Fight Club lol, they could sue you for stolen material

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dies battling Joker.

Beat

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saving the jokers life from jason todd. And after that jason becomes the new batman and stops killing

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I wouldn't

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly... if they kill Batman then DC will fall and MARVEL will stay above them :P

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'd have Jason Todd stop holding back in his fight with Bruce.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

One day out on patrol Bruce passes out. He's been feeling a pain in his lower abdamon for a long time but it comes and goes so he has ignored it. After this night he finally checks it out. He finds out he's got stage 4 cancer. The League finds out and they all offer to cure him. Especially Clark. Bruce refuses and says that if he can go toe to toe with Darkseid he can beat Cancer. 6 months later hes cancer free. He's back on the prowl a month after. 1 year later the pain comes back. He finds out the cancer has come back stronger and deadlier.

Its to late to kill it. A few months later Bruce is on his near death bed weak and frail and extremely sick. He had already said that he loved his family and that he hopes they protect the city when he passes. He says goodbye to the League. He has an emotional moment with Damian and says he loves him. He ask him and Alfred to leave the room.

He calls Clark. Faster than the speed of a bullet Clark enters. Him and Bruce hold a heartfelt chat with Clark remarking "you'll get through this you're to stubborn to die." Clark offers to deal with the Cancer again and Bruce refuses. He says Clark can do him one last favour....kill him. Clark is taken aback and says "no. Never."

Bruce pleads with him says "I don't want to wither away and die I don't want any more pain I don't want my son and my family to watch me die. Clark I'm asking you because you're my brother and I love you and there is no one else I would rather have with me and to do this deed for me." They both shed tears and say their goodbyes. Clark says "I'll see you soon". Bruce replies "I'll just look up in the sky" and Clark remarks "No this time I will be looking up." Bruce closes his eyes as Superman's eyes glow red.

Superman is cradling Bruce's body in tears.....He screams so loud the entire world hears. The bat family bursts in.

Weeks later a funeral service is held and the country mourns. The body wasn't actually buried. In his will Bruce wrote that Clark would have his body and know what to do with it saying "he always wanted to see the sun up close."

Clark fly's the body to the sun. His final words are "I love you brother and I'll miss you but soon I will join you in the sun." Clark drops the body into the sun and flies back go Earth.

End.

@squalleon, @lvenger as the 2 best Superguys on the vine what do you guys think.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MuyJingo

Bruce needs to complete his heroes journey.

He needs to have hung up the cape due to old age, and started doing good in the public eye.

As he dies, he should be in bed. Surrounded by the family he made for himself, Barbara, Gordon, Damian, Selina, Tim, Dick, Jason and the family he always had, Tompkins and Alfred. At this point in his life, despite the numerous lives he had saved as Batman, he was able to do even more as Bruce Wayne. Gotham is no longer known as a dangerous, desperate city filled with psychopaths, but something akin to and worthy of being a sister city to Metropolis. Maybe he even managed to help Joker, Dent and others, so they could reformed in some sense.

He no longer has a need to be Batman, and while embracing that part of himself has moved beyond it.

He dies, at peace, knowing that he made a difference, that his family and city are safe, and that his parents would be proud. His legacy continues on.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Dehydration from too much spitting

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The Justice League gets captured Batman fights all the villains (all of them) and at the end he chooses to kill the Joker. Bane appears and they fight to the death and batman barely manages to kill him but he was mortally wounded by Bane. Batman dies while seeing hallusanations of parents and conforts all his friends and family letting them know he is going to see his parents again and is going to rest in peace. All the criminals that have hope get reformed (two face, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Pioson Ivey, ect) and Comissioner Gordon kills all the people who are hopeless (Victor Zazs, Killer Croc, Proffesor Pig, ect)

Avatar image for radioactivespider-fan
RadioactiveSpider-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid invades the Bat-Cave, sneaks behind Batman and shoots the Omega Beams at him. Supes gets mad and will try to avenge Bats.

PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of these answer are interesting others are just funny. I would want Bruce to have a complete heroes journey before he dies.

If Bruce would sadly die who would carry out the Batman legacy(Dick,Diamian,Tim,Terry?)

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poprock123:

There may not be a Batman per se, but I think the heroes he inspired would continue on with their own identities and the mission.

I'm not sure I like the idea of Batman continuing with someone else in the suit, or a clone army. 'Batman' should die with Bruce. Even with Terry taking over in Beyond, when Bruce dies I would think he may craft his own identity after. I'm not sure who Damian develop into though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have him die saving the entire justice leagues lives, or while taking out doomsday or something. He needs to die in an epic battle that he wins. But in reality I'd never have him die.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

Have flash reboot dcu again and to never exist. It's the only way.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642:

Sounds homoerotic bro. I was waiting for them to kiss lmao

Anyways, if he had to die, I'd rather he die in old age or on the streets of Gotham doing his life's work. It doesn't have to something mundane or extravagant, like falling tripping on a rock or stopping a nuclear explosion though. I imagine him out on a regular nights patrol, running across the rooftops and happening upon a mugging. He jumps in, defeats the bad guys, and as his back is turned is accidentally shot by a concerned citizen with an itchy trigger finger. The wound is bad, fatal but Batman just got word that Joker, and other big name villains are murdering citizens and tearing up his city. His choice is to either phone Alfred to save his life or risk his life to save innocents. He chooses the latter, and though fatally wounded he saves the night. Joker and the rest are defeated , with Joker eventually surrendering to the police quietly as he somehow knows his arch nemesis is on his deathbed. With the last of his strength, Batman calls Alfred and walks tall to the alley where his parents died. He sits down, let's out a breath and closes his eyes.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'd have Batman die save someone's parents from being killed in front of their son - probably from Joker. Knowing that Batman is going to die Joker kills himself, realizing that he no longer has a purpose. It's simple but epic and I think it kind of completes the circle, in a way.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would send some Beyounder. xD

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman > One above all and Presence

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He dies trying to save the omniverse....But then becomes a god when he's resurected.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

He dies as an old man with the Bat Family at his side. Grayson is the head of Spiral, Barbra is the commissioner, Jason brings back the All Cast, Tim is an engineer, Damian heads of the League of Assassins, and his last son Terry is the New Batman.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

The Riddler would come to know what's Batman's identity, he would mind controll Alfred by some Poison and order him to kill Bruce while he's be sleeping.

After Bruce would die, Alfred would get to know what he did, he would want to go and fight the Riddler but Nightwing would stop him. After that Alfred would comic suicide because he couldn't forgive himself killing his master.

The Bat-Family would be in great pain, and after a while Dick Grayson would take up the mantle.

Joker on the other hand, would be furious and would kill Harley Quinn while rampaging through the city. After that he would find the Riddler ( who obviously wouldn't hidd the fact he killed Batman ) and there would eb an epic fight in which Joker is running after Eddie in an old storage house and at the end kill him.

the whole story would end on the picture where we would see Joker jumping off from a klif ( he doesn't want to live in a world without Batsss )

After that the would be the stories about Dick as Batman. Barbara would gang up the cape, Tim and Jason would run from Gotham. Damian would go find his mother and would join the league of Shadows, becoming R'as Al Ghul's hair and after a while becoming the leader of the League of Shadows.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sacrifices himself to save the Omniverse from the combined forces of Darkseid, Anti Monitor and The Great Evil Beast.

kingofnerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A.I.D.S. a slow agonizing death. I see Damian smothering him with a pillow when it got real bad.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snipers

deadwill_260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would get a uke and drop it on him

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#41  Edited By Teerack

Some random criminal needs to shoot him in a meaningless skirmish in some random alley. For it to be perfect Batman can't have a happy ending to his crusade. Having him die in such a meaningless random way after all the good he's done gives a better narrative to his entire life and loops it all back to how his parents died.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call Chuck .

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tcrighton

I had an idea. Batman commits suicide because he feels useless in his war on crime as Gotham hasn't become any less corrupt, if anything his presence has inspired more super-villainy. After his death, the media plays a 24 hour observance to honor the Dark Knight. Joker sees this, devastated. He exiles himself from Gotham for three days and upon his return the citizens of Gotham see the Joker in his own Bat costume. From this point the story would explore Batman's relationship with the Joker and the love Joker has for him entirely through inner monologue. At the end it is revealed that Batman was hallucinating thanks to a recent encounter with Scarecrow but we are shown Batman's greatest fear: that the Joker loves him and won't ever leave him, he will always be tormented.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Being shot by some crook.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I would have him die saving the entire justice leagues lives, or while taking out doomsday or something. He needs to die in an epic battle that he wins. But in reality I'd never have him die.

@muyjingo said:

Bruce needs to complete his heroes journey.

He needs to have hung up the cape due to old age, and started doing good in the public eye.

As he dies, he should be in bed. Surrounded by the family he made for himself, Barbara, Gordon, Damian, Selina, Tim, Dick, Jason and the family he always had, Tompkins and Alfred. At this point in his life, despite the numerous lives he had saved as Batman, he was able to do even more as Bruce Wayne. Gotham is no longer known as a dangerous, desperate city filled with psychopaths, but something akin to and worthy of being a sister city to Metropolis. Maybe he even managed to help Joker, Dent and others, so they could reformed in some sense.

He no longer has a need to be Batman, and while embracing that part of himself has moved beyond it.

He dies, at peace, knowing that he made a difference, that his family and city are safe, and that his parents would be proud. His legacy continues on.

Either of these.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the power of logic.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have him learn his body is failing him. Too much stress on the mind and body. In his last months, he names Tim as his successsor, gives Dick the company and as well as Guardianship of Damian, and makes amends with Jason over a drink.

He makes amends with Ra's and lastly, kills The Joker with the same gun that Joe used to kill his parents, before committing suicide.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

paper cuts till he bleeds out.

NightClawDC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Bruce doesn't die but goes into a coma. Alfred makes the tough choice to get in contact with none other than Ted Grant A.K.A WildCat. This is a perfect way introduce him into this normal DC universe and not Earth 2. In this he is around 37 had been Wildcat before Bruce was Batman. Currently he is retired and owns a local bar/kickboxing dojo. Alfred convinces him that Gotham need someone experienced and the current Bat family could learn a thing or two from him. This story as Batman can be a bit more intense and Dark from the normal, like how daredevil is for Marvel universe. Its a Fresh start at Batman and giving the mantle to someone outside the Bat-Family.

There my thread on this, need feedback

http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/batman-endgames-dc-re-created-new-batman-1652574/#1