How Would You Feel If Batman Was Homosexual?

• 150 results
_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By _Black

Batman isn't gay.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By cosmo111687

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@ApatheticAvenger: I'm sure everybody on this site is a little crazy.

Some much more than others.

Guilty as charged. ;)

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By RainEffect
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

I'd personally despise the idea. And their would probably be a mass suicide of Batman fanboys.

I'd be queuing up to throw myself off a cliff, not gonna' lie.
cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By cosmo111687

@RainEffect said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

I'd personally despise the idea. And their would probably be a mass suicide of Batman fanboys.

Like all the homosexuals who commit suicide from not being accepted by society.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By VenomousDragon

I dont know how i would react until it happened.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By RainEffect

@cosmo111687 said:

@RainEffect said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Do you really want to start this? Because, if you do, I won't back down.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By cosmo111687

@RainEffect said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@RainEffect said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Don't have to. Already ended it. You might be upset because you're so attached to Talia and Bat's relationship, and that's understandable. And I'm not agruing that Batman necessarily NEEDS to be homosexual. I don't care either way, to be honest. But you guys haven't considered how your extreme reactions might reinforce the feelings of not being accepted by society among homosexuals, which causes ACTUAL suicides. So I've ended it. You guys are being immature and stupid.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By WARLOCK2792

It would ruin the character for me.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@cosmo111687 said:

@RainEffect said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@RainEffect said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Don't have to. Already ended it. You might be upset because you're so attached to Talia and Bat's relationship, and that's understandable. And I'm not agruing that Batman necessarily NEEDS to be homosexual. I don't care either way, to be honest. But you guys haven't considered how your extreme reactions might reinforce the feelings of not being accepted by society among homosexuals, which causes ACTUAL suicides. So I've ended it. You guys are being immature and stupid.

Hold on now. Disliking DC making Batman homosexual has nothing to do with being immature or stupid. You're the one who is being immature, guy. And the mass suicide of Batman fanboys was just me being sarcastic, so don't come at me with the whole 'You're ignorant and stupid, blah blah blah I know everything' crap.

Making a long and established straight character gay is the same thing as making a long and established gay character straight. It's pointless and stupid.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By RainEffect

@cosmo111687 said:

@RainEffect said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@RainEffect said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

I was thinking about it after I posted that, the reason it is already ended is because you and I have done this dance before. I remember you, Cosmo, from when I posted in the 'State your unpopular opinion' thread that marriage is between a man and a woman, and you and I got into a debate. Surprisingly enough, I remember it ending well with mutual understanding of each other's differing views.

However, in light of that, I refuse to be called immature for believing that a character so well established and idolized as Batman should not be homosexual. But, as you say, you don't want a debate, even though I am fully prepared for one - so I will stop there.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#111  Edited By RazzaTazz
@RainEffect: I believe from what i have read here that you are warping Cosmo's words a little.  He is not advocating that Batman become gay, he was simply stating that to associate suicide with the reaction of a fan to the development of a fictional character as an analogy to displeasure obscures the fact that suicide among gay people is a real problem.  Or to put it another way, there would likely not be an actual fan who killed themselves over it, but there likely would be a few gay people who killed themselves that day for not being accepted.  Talk about the fan's reactions all you like, but that and gay suicide are not one and the same.  
RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By RainEffect
@RazzaTazz said:
@RainEffect: I believe from what i have read here that you are warping Cosmo's words a little.  He is not advocating that Batman become gay, he was simply stating that to associate suicide with the reaction of a fan to the development of a fictional character as an analogy to displeasure obscures the fact that suicide among gay people is a real problem.  Or to put it another way, there would likely not be an actual fan who killed themselves over it, but there likely would be a few gay people who killed themselves that day for not being accepted.  Talk about the fan's reactions all you like, but that and gay suicide are not one and the same.  
My mistake. I read it as though I was being called immature and stupid for refusing to accept Batman could/should be portrayed as gay. Nevertheless, Cosmo and I have done this dance before, so I don't really expect it to disintegrate into an argument or anything.

Thank you for the correction.
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#113  Edited By RazzaTazz
@RainEffect said:

My mistake. I read it as though I was being called immature and stupid for refusing to accept Batman could/should be portrayed as gay. Nevertheless, Cosmo and I have done this dance before, so I don't really expect it to disintegrate into an argument or anything. Thank you for the correction.
Sure, no worries, we are inherently not at this website to proselytize our own views, rather to discuss comics
wondergirl246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By wondergirl246

How Would You Feel If Batman Was Homosexual?

I would wonder how he managed to become heterosexual.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115  Edited By TheCrowbar

It would eliminate Damian...

Guys I think it might be worth the trade...

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116  Edited By KenTheProfile

@ComicStooge: it would be a non issue, does anyone really read batman comic for his love life?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ComicStooge

@KenTheProfile: Yeah actually. I know RainEffect does.

@TheCrowbar: I actually like Damian.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Mercy_

Damian is awesomeeeee. Most interesting Robin.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By graysonofgotham

@PsychoKnights said:

@ApatheticAvenger: I saw what Morrison said, and now I see you repeating it. Batman is not gay but Batman as a concept is gay. What the hell does that even mean?

Captain America is not a transsexual, but his concept is very transexual. Northstar is not straight, but his concept is very straight. The Knights Who Say Nee are not a commentary on British Imperialism, but their concept is very British Imperialism.

Let's look at Morrison's stupid assertions one by one. First, what is sexually deviant about Batman? Second, the women jumping around rooftops are criminals. Is he supposed to rape Poison Ivy after he catches her? Third, yes, he spends time with his father figure and ward. What is gay about that?

It's stupid. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

agreed.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By FearTheLiving

I think it just depends how use to you are to a character. I was use to seeing Peter Parker as a white nerdy kid so talks of having time in the new movie being played by a black guy kind of annoyed me, but at the same time I didn't care what so ever when they changed Fury into what he is today. I suppose you just kind of establish them then fear the change. I think over time I wouldn't have cared though just like I don't think I'd care if Batman was gay.

That's just me though.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By SupBatz

@Mercy_ said:

Damian is awesomeeeee. Most interesting Robin.

Seconded.

I wouldn't be too crazy about making Batman gay mostly because I've come to like his relationships with Selina and Talia. Plus, I'd hate it if they got rid of Damian.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@InnerVenom123 said:

The reaction would be hilarious, and probably the most fun I would ever have on the internet. Ever.

pretty much this

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#123  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@The_Tree said:

I'd be angry, because A.) it'd pretty much be change for the sake of change and B.) it would be completely out of character

Same way I feel about Alan Scott being gay.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By batshrine

I don't see it out of character, I mean you can always say his difficulty to commit stems from this. But I also think it would be inapropro for Batman to be gay. You could totally swing it for him to be bisexual. How many characters are bi...not that many. And that way you can evolve his "gay" side without detracting from his straight side. And any author or artist can depict Batman in any sexuality they want him to be. Kinda like the joker!

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By MenaceForever2

Who dafuq is batman

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By gravitypress

I wouldn't care.

afgossett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By afgossett

I'd still like him as a character because like everyone's been saying we don't read Batman for his love life. Thing is I'd prefer he stay straight to avoid all the innuendos and misconceptions about his relationships with his young male wards. I mean there's already plenty of that and the character is confirmed heterosexual.

cellot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By cellot

I wouldn't be big on it, simply because it removes a lot of story for a lot of characters and slaughters they dynamic between him and several of the female villains.

However, if he were bisexual that would be fine (assuming good writer, natural development, etc. as is the case for any other major character change). His relationship with Robin would be slightly more suspect then, but not that much more than before, but I don't care for Robin so that's kind of a moot point for me.

xanderswag49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By xanderswag49

Batman is not homosexual! He is a staright individual who has no time for girls because he is out saving the city and robin came along to help him out and bruce agreed because Dick is orphan just like bruce and no girl wanted to fight crime with batman. Robin is like a son to Batman so thats why he acts so loving to him because batman doesnt have a son at that time. And alfred is a father to him. And batman has gone out with so many girls that he cannot be gay! Is like saying Green arow and Red Robbin!! Or flash and kidflash!! And Dick went on to be nightwing because he was grown man and didnt want to be bossed around by batman so batman is not gay!! And the rainbow costume in brave and bold was used to protect himself from the bear!!! I wouldve done the same!!! So batman is not gay, he is straight!!!!

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Annoyed. Simply because he isn't.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'd probably be O.K with it.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By RustyRoy

I'd be very pissed. There's no need to make him gay, just create another character who is gay and the problem is solved. And yeah we've already got Midnighter and Batwoman no need to change Batman's sexuality. .

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aroused

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SideburnGuru

They'd only be doing it to say
"HEY GUYS, LOOK. WE REALLY SUPPORT GAY PEOPLE! We made Batman GAY!"

I'm open minded, but there'd be no other reason to do so.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll use any excuse to post this picture for the hundredth time.

No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel it would be very appropriate and could lead to a great deal of very complex and interesting stories. Ive always sort of gotten that vibe from Batman, his plethora of flings with Women comes off like a "cover" in more ways than one.

Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they'll explore that angle in the Worlds Finest movie.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#140 BumpyBoo  Moderator

This thread is fun :)

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

Batman Incorporated makes it there is an army of batmans (or Batmen). There is a possibility that one of them may be gay or maybe even bisexual. In case anyone wondering which one could it be, I don’t know but I can take out the ones that are not. Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake and the Batman in Japan are not gay so that’s three down.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@ComicStooge: lol

also this how batman woudl always spend his evenings if he wasn't always too busy picking up the slack for the entire DC universe:

No Caption Provided

Nice!

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crom_cruach said:

also this how batman woudl always spend his evenings if he wasn't always too busy picking up the slack for the entire DC universe:

No Caption Provided

Nice!

Is this picture and caption suggesting Batman would have some kind of sexual encounter with his own daughter(Huntress)?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:

@crom_cruach said:

No Caption Provided

Nice!

Is this picture and caption suggesting Batman would have some kind of sexual encounter with his own daughter(Huntress)?

Maybe the artist meant Helena Bertinelli, she's the more popular one.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Maybe, but without knowing what the artist intended, it does make it open to interpretation.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Actually I'm pretty sure its Bertinelli. This art is from when Bertinelli was Huntress and she is more popular than Wayne. Also the other three seem to be very young. Anyway its upto the viewers.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

about damn time
about damn time

No Caption Provided
GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It would take some time for me to get use to a gay Batman because when I think of the dark knight, homosexuality doesn't cross my mind (unless it's the 90's Batman *lol*) but I would still be a fan cause Batman is my favorite hero ^_^

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't matter much to me. I don't think it would change what it is that I like about Batman.

I guess when he is portrayed as a ladies man it'd be easier for me to fantasize and to identify with, but I don't read Batman for the romance.

When Batman comics go for romance I find it difficult to beleive. I always thought of Bruce as being too obsessed, with his mission, to be truly involved with anyone or even interested.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided