• 58 results
#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't actually mind some of the kills in the Nolan movies, because he was put in near impossible situations. What I minded was the kill in the Burton film (specifically where he puts a bomb on a guy for no reason), but regarding the kills in Nolan's movies, so far I have:

• A few ninja's in the LOS base
  • Fake Ra's Al Ghul
  • Harvey Dent
  • Talia's driver (he shoots him with The Bat)
  • Talia (he causes the crash)

I'm torn on whether he did kill Ra's, because Talia says to him that he killed him, and he accepts it by saying something ''He was going to kill thousands of people'' or something like that

#2 Posted by reaverlation (13972 posts) - - Show Bio

He also killed a bunch of sea life by leaving the nuke in the ocean and any birds that were there.Maybe there were people on a boat there.Who knows

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32745 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it hard to believe that there wasn't a fatality during the police chase with the Tumbler

#4 Posted by Black_Arrow (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't actually mind some of the kills in the Nolan movies, because he was put in near impossible situations. What I minded was the kill in the Burton film (specifically where he puts a bomb on a guy for no reason), but regarding the kills in Nolan's movies, so far I have:

• Fake Ra's Al Ghul
  • Harvey Dent

I'm torn on whether he did kill Ra's, because Talia says to him that he killed him, and he accepts it by saying something ''He was going to kill thousands of people'' or something like that

Actually he doesn't cause the crash Talia could have avoided the crash she does it so Bruce cant stabilize the bomb

#5 Edited by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't kill the ninjas. Didn't kill fake ra's. Killed Harvey dent I guess. Depends on how you look at it. Didn't kill Talia or the driver. So that's one person. And a few dogs when he threw them down the chasm in the building at the end of the dark knight.

#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11107 posts) - - Show Bio

There were about 15 on camera deaths caused by Batman throughout the trilogy.

@jayc1324 said:

He didn't kill the ninjas. Didn't kill fake ra's. Killed Harvey dent I guess. Depends on how you look at it. Didn't kill Talia or the driver. So that's one person. And a few dogs when he threw them down the chasm in the building at the end of the dark knight.

Yes he did, he set the building on fire, that's cause by him therefore he killed them.

#7 Edited by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I know he causes the fire. But all the other ninjas escaped, why couldn't those? In my mind its their fault that they died. And if I remember correctly fake ras died when the ceiling fell on top of him or something. That wasn't Bruce.

#8 Posted by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

• Fake Ra's Al Ghul
  • Harvey Dent

I find it hard to believe that there wasn't a fatality during the police chase with the Tumbler

there ya' go.

@jayc1324 said:

yes he did-yes he did-yes he did. He put all of them in those situations that resulted in their deaths so YES he did kill them. He was responsible for all of their deaths. It's like people dying from stray bullets. You didn't intend to kill them, but they died because of your actions. I still don't get how Talia died from the truck crash yet Joker was completely fine in TDK from a very similar accident.

#9 Edited by Erik (31631 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: How can you make the claim that no fatalities resulted from the entire ninja-training complex exploding? I call BS. No way at least some of them didn't die.

#10 Posted by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: I didn't say none of them died. They actually showed some of them dying. What I said was that it wasn't Batman's fault. All the other ninjas escaped so its really their fault that they died. They're ninjas! Aren't they supposed to be able to appear and disappear?

#11 Posted by Erik (31631 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: I didn't say none of them died. They actually showed some of them dying. What I said was that it wasn't Batman's fault. All the other ninjas escaped so its really their fault that they died. They're ninjas! Aren't they supposed to be able to appear and disappear?

If you plant a bomb in a mall, is it the kid's fault for dying?

#12 Edited by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: Those weren't kids though. They were ninjas.

#13 Posted by Erik (31631 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

That must travel at human speed.

#14 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

*facepalm*

#15 Posted by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: Yeah but the other ninjas got out. Its like putting an escape artist in a tank of water and saying its the assistant's fault he died.

#16 Edited by Erik (31631 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: Yeah but the other ninjas got out. Its like putting an escape artist in a tank of water and saying its the assistant's fault he died.

Not even a little bit like that. If you want to use an escape artist and assistant as an example, it would be like the assistant going into the escape artist's home when he is not expecting anything, then dropping a bomb in his lap, then punching him in the face before running off, just barely escaping the explosion himself.

#17 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

let's watch that lovely scene again, yeah?

Clearly several of those LOS members weren't able to escape because the whole place was collapsing on them. Because of who? Baleman

#18 Edited by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: @modernww2fare: But these are ninjas. Either way Bruce very indirectly caused their deaths so I wouldn't count it as killing them. They should've been able to escape since they are ninjas.

#19 Posted by Erik (31631 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: @modernww2fare: But these are ninjas. Either way Bruce very indirectly caused their deaths so I wouldn't count it as killing them. They should've been able to escape since they are ninjas.

Their profession doesn't mean a thing. I'm sure they didn't willingly die. Therefore, every death that resulted from that explosion was directly the fault of Batman's.

#20 Posted by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: Being a ninja doesn't mean having the ability to enter and exit places quickly and efficiently? They showed that they can do that during the movie. They should've been able to get out. Especially since most of the ninjas actually DID get out.

#21 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: why are you under this impression that Nolan's Batman was somehow a perfect god that never f*cked up at all in his entire career when he clearly did multiple times. Saying that anyone who died because of his actions were their own faults?

#22 Posted by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: nolanite. And he only directly caused one death which was dent. And I expect ninjas to be able to escape a burning building. Like the rest of them did.

#23 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: did you expect Bruce to have anticipated the burning log that fell on him because Ra's burned his house with him in it? Who's fault was that? Bruce for not "always being prepared" or Ra's?

#24 Posted by Erik (31631 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: Being a ninja doesn't mean having the ability to enter and exit places quickly and efficiently? They showed that they can do that during the movie. They should've been able to get out. Especially since most of the ninjas actually DID get out.

So what? They obviously were not all fast enough. If they could have gotten out, they would have. Your logic is horrendously flawed.

#25 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: @modernww2fare: Pretty good killcount. I don't think the ninja he tackled off a building actually died, just knocked out, and the man Alfred hit didn't really die either. Hey, I still think it's better than this:

#26 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: see that? That's how the first fight between Bane and Batman in TDKR would've been like if Tim Burton's Batman were in it

#27 Posted by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Bruce's fault. Like ras said, he never learned to mind his surroundings

#28 Posted by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: Not really. They were capable of following the rest of the ninjas out. Not Bruce's fault they weren't paying attention. If all the ninjas died it would've bene a little different but they clearly could've left when all the other ninjas scrambled at the beginning. Its logical to think that a ninja is smart enough to escape a burning building especially when all the other ninjas did.

#29 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Except Ra's was the one who burned the place and used the collapsing and burning environment to his advantage. Are you also gonna tell me that when they were training and Ra's broke the ice which caused Bruce to fall in it was Bruce's fault too? Direct or indirect- a kill is still a kill!

#30 Posted by Erik (31631 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@erik: Not really. They were capable of following the rest of the ninjas out. Not Bruce's fault they weren't paying attention. If all the ninjas died it would've bene a little different but they clearly could've left when all the other ninjas scrambled at the beginning. Its logical to think that a ninja is smart enough to escape a burning building especially when all the other ninjas did.

... I literally don't know if you are trolling or actually think something so darn silly. Why would ninjas just decide to die in an explosion? Bruce barely got out himself and he is supposed to be the best.

#31 Posted by MrTummyTumms (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, people really do like trying to nitpick at the Bat films.

#32 Posted by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtummytumms: we're arguing about how much people Bale's Batman killed during the entire trilogy, what do you expect

#33 Posted by MrTummyTumms (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Not just this, I saw one about how unrealistic the movies were, how this shouldn't be like that, and so on.

#34 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: They definitely were trying to escape, but from a logical standpoint it's best they died because most of them were going to go to Gotham to destroy it with Ra's.

Weren't some of the survivors actually Bane's mercenaries in TDKR?

@mrtummytumms: Not a nitpick, I didn't mind the kills.

#35 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtummytumms: that one was to point out the inaccuracies of the "realism" within the trilogy

#36 Posted by MrTummyTumms (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: I'm not talking about just this thread. I just see a lot on the internet talking about the same stuff over and over.

#37 Edited by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23: I'm not talking about just this thread. I just see a lot on the internet talking about the same stuff over and over.

Yeah I agree, waaay too many nitpciks and getting old on some of the nitpicks.

#38 Posted by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Yes it was Bruce's fault! Like ras said he has to mind his surroundings. He should've minded his surroundings and noticed that he wasn't on stable ground and that there was a burning beam falling on his head. Ras noticed in both cases and was training Bruce so he shouldn't noticed too. And the thread about the inaccuracies of the realism of the trilogy didn't disprove the fact that the movies were still based in realism. Yeah some things were a little illogical but overall it was very realistic. There were no superpowers or anything like that

#39 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@modernww2fare: Yes it was Bruce's fault! Like ras said he has to mind his surroundings. He should've minded his surroundings and noticed that he wasn't on stable ground and that there was a burning beam falling on his head. Ras noticed in both cases and was training Bruce so he shouldn't noticed too. And the thread about the inaccuracies of the realism of the trilogy didn't disprove the fact that the movies were still based in realism. Yeah some things were a little illogical but overall it was very realistic. There were no superpowers or anything like that

No it wasn't realistic. They weren't anymore realistic than the Burton movies. I swear, people bought the whole "realism" excuse like all those people bought the Joker's promise to give out $20 million at the parade in the 1989 movie. And Bruce still killed all of those people mentioned above. Ya' nolanite

#40 Edited by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Burtons movies had a woman that came back to life because of some cats and that thing that they called "the penguin." Nolan's films were ten times as realistic

#41 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Nolan's films had ninjas, made up fear gas, turned Batman into a superhuman that can survive +20 story falls with Wolverine-like regenerating health, tanks driving on rooftops, a buff bald guy who never needs to eat or drink because of his mask, a guy with half of his face fried off to nothing but tissue and skull being able to speak perfect english, and mobs that just let clowns walk all over them

#42 Edited by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: ninjas are real, a type of fear gas is real (look it up) batman had his suit to protect and his cape slowed his fall and he landed on a car which was soft, bane probably took off his mask to eat and drink, I agree two face was unrealistic for the reasons you mentioned and because his eye somehow didn't burn, and the mobs o my let the joker do that because they really needed batman gone and the joker was crazy. I mean he stabbed a guys head into a pencil in front of them, came with grenades in his coat, and killed gambol.

#43 Posted by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: IRL Both Joker and Batman would've been shot dead by the mob. The guy robbed one of their banks and killed one of their guys right in front of their faces. Show me that fear gas. Bane can't take it off because according to him "it would be EXTREMELY painful". I already explained it 1000 times that he and rachael would've died from such a fall, like trying to use an umbrella like a parachute(except in this case you're falling from a skyscraper). His cape isn't a parachute nor could it act like one due to the fact he didn't have his electro-gloves keeping the memory fabric stiff like when glides in the other scenes(which were also unrealistic) because he was holding on to Rachael. In short, Baleman can't exist IRL

#44 Edited by SilverPool (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking Batman killed 10-15 in the Trilogy. I don't think he actually caused that many to die in the explosion with the League of Shadows, being that they're ninjas and probably know where the exits are at.

@jayc1324: Nolan's films had ninjas, made up fear gas, turned Batman into a superhuman that can survive +20 story falls with Wolverine-like regenerating health, a buff bald guy who never needs to eat or drink because of his mask, and mobs that just let clowns walk all over them

Bane uses g-tube and consumes baby formula....4 realz

Are you saying that ninjas never existed, could not exist, and that there could never be a drug that could cause people to have terrible hallucinations (ahem, Meth)? C'mon, getting pissy about Joker taking over the mob? Groups of people have allowed worse individuals to lead them (Germany). It's a movie about a guy who fights crime in a batsuit, there's only a certain extent of realism that can go along with that. Complaining about the way a character can eat when it's not even discussed or would have a point in the film is just a silly nitpick.

#45 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverpool said:

I'm thinking Batman killed 10-15 in the Trilogy. I don't think he actually caused that many to die in the explosion with the League of Shadows, being that they're ninjas and probably know where the exits are at.

Bane uses g-tube and consumes baby formula....4 realz

LOL I don't think he'd be that buff then

Are you saying that ninjas never existed, could not exist, and that there could never be a drug that could cause people to have terrible hallucinations (ahem, Meth)? C'mon, getting pissy about Joker taking over the mob? Groups of people have allowed worse individuals to lead them (Germany). It's a movie about a guy who fights crime in a batsuit, there's only a certain extent of realism that can go along with that. Complaining about the way a character can eat when it's not even discussed or would have a point in the film is just a silly nitpick.

Ninjas don't exist anymore! (the LOS in BTAS was more realistic in this case because they looked more modern like Middle Eastern rebels). Batman 1989 was more realistic with the mob scene

#46 Posted by MaccyD (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverpool: I think it's more so one of the main problems I had with the film, it took itself too seriously for the concept.

#47 Edited by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Well who knows what the mob would've done in real life. You're not in the mob are you? I'll show you the fear gas later I don't feel like posting links right now. And his cape acted like a parachute when he escaped the train when ras al ghul died

#48 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@modernww2fare: Well who knows what the mob would've done in real life. You're not in the mob are you? I'll show you the fear gas later I don't feel like posting links right now. And his cape acted like a parachute when he escaped the train when ras al ghul died

I know for a fact that a serious mob wouldn't have tolerated the Joker after what he did and what've shot him. difference is he wasn't holding onto the cape when he was falling with Rachael

#49 Edited by Jayc1324 (9428 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Well its a movie so call it PIS but the movie was still realistic. Having a fake mob in a movie act funny isn't that bad. And like the guy said, batman was a problem and he wanted to hear what the clown had to say. He also had grenades in his coat so they really had no choice. And batman still had armor on and landed on a car. Anyway, its all more realistic than someone coming back to life.

#50 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: right, like a few pads of Kevlar will protect you from falling from that high. Batman's not meant to be realistic anyway