how is it not human to prepare for the worst?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lifeofvibe

Or how is it batgod?

like how? There are some complaints....you know were im going with this right?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its not Batgod is just a stupid made up word fanboys use so they dont have to come up with an actualy argument and dismiss anything if it dosnt go along with what they like. i mean its used for everything Batman does anything remotely awsome like fighting for 28 hours striaght "Batgod" complain that Batman is written out of character like in Forever Evil they will say that your just upset becuase its not "Batgod"

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@lordofthenorth: Batman fights for 28 hours, Batgod KO's Wonder Woman, Superman, Hulk, & Spectre with a bat-kick, there's a big difference.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deaditegonzo

@lifeofvibe said:

Or how is it batgod?

Because he has boxes of silly plot devices that give him the win when it absolutely shouldnt. Especially if you consider that the possibilities he is preparing for are presumably the Justice League going totally rogue.

Ex: I have a Knite ring, this is my plan to stop a Superman who is totally morals off.

Uh, what? If he was purely evil why wouldnt he just nuke you from 2 miles up? Arent you relying on Superman still having some self-control, like in Hush, where he is keeping himself from blitzing you into a splatter on the sidewalk?

Or his Red Knite in Tower of Babel. If that plan was enacted on an actually evil Superman, even supposing he pulls it off without a hitch, he can still destroy EVERYTHING. His powers were actually even more unleashed, and if he wasnt trying to control himself, he could just vaporize whatever continent Batman was on.

Also, Batman fanboys have now turned preptime into a stupid amp, without any logical argument, and with the benefits of "preptime" increasing exponentially based on time. That isnt how it works. First of all, for preptime to work, he needs something exploitable about his target to start with (this is why I like him not having a plan for WW). You cant just say, well Batman has a month of prep, so he wins somehow. Come up with an example of what he'd do, or its irrelevant. On that note, the preptime buff stacking is stupid too. i cannot tell you how many times I saw a scenario and the op is like, "Round one, Batman has a month. Round two 6 months. Round 3, a year" and peoples answers change based on the amount of time. This is ridiculous. Just using the Red Knite plan again, what difference does 6 months or a year make to activate and use that plan? None, and thats true most of the time. Either he has a plan, or can come up with a plan, or he cant, and giving him an extra 10 years wont make any difference.

And, ive said it before and i'll say it again: Running the Asylum.

You could say that any Batman fan writing a Batman comic is writing fan fiction.Neil Gaiman

Basically, we now have writers who for example, watched the Batman Animated Series growing up, and stuff like that, so they give him all these convoluted, nonsensical, literal PIS powers. And it is because they are fans of the character.

Thats Batgod. Batgod is when, he is able to do things outside of what the characters established capabilities just because.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Erik

Do we really need another 'hate the hater' thread for Batman?

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonez_

I've seen this thread like 3 or 4 times now.

Nobody actually uses Bat-kick or Batgod in an argument, it's a joke people. Get over it.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Nobody actually uses Bat-kick or Batgod in an argument, it's a joke people. Get over it.

Ive seen it used AGAINST Darkseid in an argument.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Ive seen it used AGAINST Darkseid in an argument.

Can you post a link? Because again, that sounds like a joke.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This is why "feats" are the bane of the comic universe

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I signed up for this site in December 2012, if you want to check my history for all the Darkseid debates ive been involved in since, feel free.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

I signed up for this site in December 2012, if you want to check my history for all the Darkseid debates ive been involved in since, feel free.

What?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

What?

That was an accident, it was aimed for @jonez120. Sorry.

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe said:

Or how is it batgod?

Because he has boxes of silly plot devices that give him the win when it absolutely shouldnt. Especially if you consider that the possibilities he is preparing for are presumably the Justice League going totally rogue.

Ex: I have a Knite ring, this is my plan to stop a Superman who is totally morals off.

Uh, what? If he was purely evil why wouldnt he just nuke you from 2 miles up? Arent you relying on Superman still having some self-control, like in Hush, where he is keeping himself from blitzing you into a splatter on the sidewalk?

Or his Red Knite in Tower of Babel. If that plan was enacted on an actually evil Superman, even supposing he pulls it off without a hitch, he can still destroy EVERYTHING. His powers were actually even more unleashed, and if he wasnt trying to control himself, he could just vaporize whatever continent Batman was on.

Also, Batman fanboys have now turned preptime into a stupid amp, without any logical argument, and with the benefits of "preptime" increasing exponentially based on time. That isnt how it works. First of all, for preptime to work, he needs something exploitable about his target to start with (this is why I like him not having a plan for WW). You cant just say, well Batman has a month of prep, so he wins somehow. Come up with an example of what he'd do, or its irrelevant. On that note, the preptime buff stacking is stupid too. i cannot tell you how many times I saw a scenario and the op is like, "Round one, Batman has a month. Round two 6 months. Round 3, a year" and peoples answers change based on the amount of time. This is ridiculous. Just using the Red Knite plan again, what difference does 6 months or a year make to activate and use that plan? None, and thats true most of the time. Either he has a plan, or can come up with a plan, or he cant, and giving him an extra 10 years wont make any difference.

And, ive said it before and i'll say it again: Running the Asylum.

You could say that any Batman fan writing a Batman comic is writing fan fiction.Neil Gaiman

Basically, we now have writers who for example, watched the Batman Animated Series growing up, and stuff like that, so they give him all these convoluted, nonsensical, literal PIS powers. And it is because they are fans of the character.

Thats Batgod. Batgod is when, he is able to do things outside of what the characters established capabilities just because.

Wow now Superman can nuke a continent, wow you fanboys get worse and worse. Look, I'm sorry if Batman can and will beat Superman at any time because of his intelligence and planning, just calm down will ya? lol