• 55 results
#1 Edited by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

Those who have played Arkham Origins how do you feel about it?I feel like its not bad no-where better than Arkham City of course though.Its pretty good I mean I wasn't expecting a huge change so yeah...I wish they would of implemented DeathStroke better I dont like how he can't use his swords or guns,but Im guessing they don't want you to slay your enemies and make it easier?

#2 Posted by NightHawk89 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it, but I agree it wasn't as good as Arkham City. Biggest gripe I have with the game right now is the amount of crashing issues I'm having. Beat the game despite it crashing twice while playing, but now I can't go more than 10 minutes without a crash.

#3 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio

People who didn't played the game, don't read this post, unless you don't care about spoilers, it's a minor review about the game.

The game is great, it has some awesome enemies and boss battles, the story is not "IT'S AMAZING, ONE OF THE BEST I EVER PALYED" it's good, it has a disappoint plot twist (Joker is the Black Mask come on WB Montreal, why Joker always have to be the one behind everything, I would love if it was the real Black Mask not Joker, it really pissed me off),but beside this everything fine (I loved the part were Alfred almost dies, It touched me, Bruce ressurecting him).

The mechanics are the same, I like it, the graphics are great but I felt I was playing AC, like if you put a photo of the 2 games, on side of each other, despite the costume, It would be very hard to identify which was AO and which was AC.

I was expecting that Deathstroke would the be the main assasin but then again I was wrong (it was Bane, disappointing), also wanted all the assasins to be in main history, not like they did with 2 of my 3 favorite assasins (Shiva and Deadshot), so I didn't like how they made the assasins. But the costumes were awesome, they even made Bane in his original costume, I hated the hulky Bane.

The inovations were few, but awesome. The new detective mode was a-w-e-s-o-m-e, the new gadgets were great (besides the glue grenade, it's exactly the same as freeze grenade), the martial artist was a great enemy and the crime in progress were literally more awesome.

Reflections this game has in other games, there's a cool fact about Joker choosing Sionis Industries as his base in AC (because he was Black Mask, obvious),there is Anarky too (first he's a kid, after you defeat him he says the usual garbage, I wanted to be like you, but then comes the important part, he says something like "because you're stronger then everyone you think you're better then us", he's about 15 or 16 and the game is like 10 years before city, so if he passed his time training to be like Batman, because in comics he's in the same level of skill that Batman is, so in A3 or A4, whatever you want to call it, he returns, older and experienced?), there's the Bane thing (the T100 formula transformed him in a big monster, very similar to Titan, could that be the base of Titan together with Ivy plants?) and there is the post credits scene (Amanda Waller gives Slade the Suicide Squad paper, so he can join them, could this be the All New Story DLC? In my opnion it's perfect).

So I would give the game an 7 of 10. So the game is classified as great.

#4 Edited by dagmar_merrill (9478 posts) - - Show Bio

People who didn't played the game, don't read this post, unless you don't care about spoilers, it's a minor review about the game.

The game is great, it has some awesome enemies and boss battles, the story is not "IT'S AMAZING, ONE OF THE BEST I EVER PALYED" it's good, it has a disappoint plot twist (Joker is the Black Mask come on WB Montreal, why Joker always have to be the one behind everything, I would love if it was the real Black Mask not Joker, it really pissed me off),but beside this everything fine (I loved the part were Alfred almost dies, It touched me, Bruce ressurecting him).

The mechanics are the same, I like it, the graphics are great but I felt I was playing AC, like if you put a photo of the 2 games, on side of each other, despite the costume, It would be very hard to identify which was AO and which was AC.

I was expecting that Deathstroke would the be the main assasin but then again I was wrong (it was Bane, disappointing), also wanted all the assasins to be in main history, not like they did with 2 of my 3 favorite assasins (Shiva and Deadshot), so I didn't like how they made the assasins. But the costumes were awesome, they even made Bane in his original costume, I hated the hulky Bane.

The inovations were few, but awesome. The new detective mode was a-w-e-s-o-m-e, the new gadgets were great (besides the glue grenade, it's exactly the same as freeze grenade), the martial artist was a great enemy and the crime in progress were literally more awesome.

Reflections this game has in other games, there's a cool fact about Joker choosing Sionis Industries as his base in AC (because he was Black Mask, obvious),there is Anarky too (first he's a kid, after you defeat him he says the usual garbage, I wanted to be like you, but then comes the important part, he says something like "because you're stronger then everyone you think you're better then us", he's about 15 or 16 and the game is like 10 years before city, so if he passed his time training to be like Batman, because in comics he's in the same level of skill that Batman is, so in A3 or A4, whatever you want to call it, he returns, older and experienced?), there's the Bane thing (the T100 formula transformed him in a big monster, very similar to Titan, could that be the base of Titan together with Ivy plants?) and there is the post credits scene (Amanda Waller gives Slade the Suicide Squad paper, so he can join them, could this be the All New Story DLC? In my opnion it's perfect).

Pretty much this.

#5 Edited by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

So as not to mention any spoilers, I like the portrayal of Bane in this game leagues better than what we got in either Asylum or City, interactions between Batman and the two main bad guys was well executed albeit somewhat predictable. Costume designs was much better, I like how Joker wasn't excessively as scrawny as in previous games and how Bane is isn't as huge as his time in the previous games out of all the assassins the only ones who's design I didn't like were Killer Croc's (he looks smaller here) and Copperhead, I always found Snake themed characters to be cornier than most. Some of drama though was too cheesy for my liking and I understand that the setting is in Xmas but I wasn't really big on the blizzard environment.

From a gameplay standpoint, I like the addition of both the shock gloves and the martial artist type enemies with certain upgrades where you could now normally counter shield bash and stun batons it added a nice way to mix up an already simple but effective combat mechanic. Travelling hasn't changed much from City so take that as you will. One big problem though is that the game hasn't crashed for me but the amount of stuttering and texture pop-ins were downright distracting normally I can ignore those things but the frequency of these happening is just too much.

#6 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by comicbookfan93 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

@conradoaccorsi: you summed it pretty perfectly and I 100% agree about deadshot & shiva but at least shiva was explained why she didn't attack batman deadshot got squat

#8 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare IN MY OPNION, it's like this:

10: AMAZING

9: INCREDIBLE

8: AWESOME

7: GREAT

6: GOOD

5: NOTHING SPECIAL

4: BAD

3: LAME

2: TERRIBLE

1: TOTAL CRAP

0: I WILL KILL THE DEVELOPERS AND THEN MYSELF

It's not a spoiler it's just big.

@comicbookfan93 thanks man

#9 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Sums up what I have to say. I think the characterizations of both Joker and Bane were great and dark. I like the atmosphere of the game a mix of both Asylum and City.

Favorite part of the game though has to be the scene after the first battle with Bane (when Batman saves Joker. Loved the reaction the Joker has.)

#10 Edited by dagmar_merrill (9478 posts) - - Show Bio

@conradoaccorsi said:

Sums up what I have to say. I think the characterizations of both Joker and Bane were great and dark. I like the atmosphere of the game a mix of both Asylum and City.

Favorite part of the game though has to be the scene after the first battle with Bane (when Batman saves Joker. Loved the reaction the Joker has.)

Was awesome getting too be Joker and hearing that story.

#11 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: That part was great, really surprised me, wasn't expecting it.

#12 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it I thought DS was gonna be the main assassins but o well. Its good not AC or AA good but good. And what happen to Bane was stupid lol but u gyess that's why he's so big in the ither games lol. And I think this game ruined there continuity haha

#13 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

@conradoaccorsi: Its ten years before City I thought it was five?!!?!?" O please please please tell ne your right.

#14 Edited by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@conradoaccorsi: Its ten years before City I thought it was five?!!?!?" O please please please tell ne your right.

It is set five years before Arkham Asylum. So by Asylum he has being Batman for seven years.

#16 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller said:

It is set five years before Arkham Asylum. So by Asylum he has being Batman for seven years.

O ok that makes my problem with the timeline better....How many years after Asylum is Ciy? Two?

#17 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@ultrastarkiller said:

O ok that makes my problem with the timeline better....How many years after Asylum is Ciy? Two?

I thought it was two but I read it was 6 months now.

#18 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I hate it again now lol. Let's just say it was 2 years my friend so that it can be a decade before City, so that I can love this game lol. ;)

#19 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I hate it again now lol. Let's just say it was 2 years my friend so that it can be a decade before City, so that I can love this game lol. ;)

lol why?

#20 Posted by PunyParker (11996 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what people say,it's an awesome game,with a FANTASTIC story and....yeah,it is what we expected in terms of gameplay!....and Arkham City point five.
I didnt expect and i didnt WANT a "brand new" game or something....no.....i wanted what i got.It;s awesome!

#21 Edited by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

I don't care what people say,it's an awesome game,with a FANTASTIC story and....yeah,it is what we expected in terms of gameplay!....and Arkham City point five.

I didnt expect and i didnt WANT a "brand new" game or something....no.....i wanted what i got.It;s awesome!

I felt that the main plot was pretty good, and while I know people will hate the twist (Joker being the main bad guy...again) I felt that it fit with the tone of the game, as this is suppose to be one of the defining moments in Batman's career, and I can't think of anything more defining than Batman's first encounter with the Joker.

@ultrastarkiller said:

Having played through the game, I don't recall anywhere in the game stating that they game takes place "Five Years Ago" or anything like that.

#22 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: Why would they need to state that in the game?

I have read around online that is the case. If I am wrong by all means correct me.

#23 Edited by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

I have read around online that is the case. If I am wrong by all means correct me.

I'm not saying your wrong, I just find it odd as to why they would want to make Batman's career so short. I mean the Batman we see in Asylum and City is a far more mature and developed Batman, so much so that I find it hard to believe that he was able to become such an experienced Batman within the span of around five years. I just don't see the point in why they feel we need to know how many years it's been between Origins and Asylum. We know it's a prequel and it set before Asylum, as for how many years I feel that should just be left up to the players imagination.

#24 Posted by soldierofel (216 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as the other two, but still thoroughly enjoyable. Roger Craig Smith's batman was impressive and i can see him voice acting batman again. Troy baker's Joker was amazing. He had the correct mix of insanity and seriousness. Overall a 8/10

#25 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying your wrong, I just find it odd as to why they would want to make Batman's career so short. I mean the Batman we see in Asylum and City is a far more mature and developed Batman, so much so that I find it hard to believe that he was able to become such an experienced Batman within the span of around five years. I just don't see the point in why they feel we need to know how many years it's been between Origins and Asylum. We know it's a prequel and it set before Asylum, as for how many years I feel that should just be left up to the players imagination.

Well he has being Batman for two years prior to origins.

#26 Posted by PunyParker (11996 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer:

I wont read the spoiler,i havent finished the game,although ok, i get that you're talki9ng about the Joker

The only thing that bugged me in the game is the time management they had.....Bruce is in his late twenties,and it;s not a stand alone story,(we have Asylum and City in front,where he is 30-something) so this must take place in the 90s......PEOPLE HAVE SMART PHONES!!! .....who had a touch screen phone in the 90s....?....i didn't knew they existed,back then!
The tech is TOO much developed for the times,and if it is a 5-7 yrs gap from origins to asylum,too much stuff happened during this time.....

The ONLY complaint i have.

#27 Edited by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

True, but even then as we see in Origins Batman is still very inexperience when it comes to fighting crime. Seeing him interrogating a thug only to choke the thug into unconsciousness shows how new Bruce still is to all of this. Having thought it over, I guess five years could give him enough time to mature and refine his skills, but I still find it hard to believe that the inexperience Batman we see in Origins can become the very experience, very skilled crime-fighter and detective that we see in both Asylum and City, all in the span of just five years. Playing Arkham Asylum and City, when you see characters like Batman and Commissioner Gordon or Batman and the Joker, when you see them interacting you get the sense that they've been doing this for far more than five years. I just don't see why we need to have a five year period between Origins and Asylum, when they could simply say that Origins takes place years before Asylum, but doesn't give an exact amount of years.

#29 Posted by saoakden (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't own it yet but it looks good.

#30 Edited by Alexander505 (2164 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the best chapter for now.

#31 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I agree they should of left it to the players imagination. I think they trued to New 52 it.

#32 Posted by PunyParker (11996 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

True, but even then as we see in Origins Batman is still very inexperience when it comes to fighting crime. Seeing him interrogating a thug only to choke the thug into unconsciousness shows how new Bruce still is to all of this. Having thought it over, I guess five years could give him enough time to mature and refine his skills, but I still find it hard to believe that the inexperience Batman we see in Origins can become the very experience, very skilled crime-fighter and detective that we see in both Asylum and City, all in the span of just five years. Playing Arkham Asylum and City, when you see characters like Batman and Commissioner Gordon or Batman and the Joker, when you see them interacting you get the sense that they've been doing this for far more than five years. I just don't see why we need to have a five year period between Origins and Asylum, when they could simply say that Origins takes place years before Asylum, but doesn't give an exact amount of years.

That's what i said....(or wanted to say,anyway)

#33 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

I do understand where you are coming. I agree that we should maybe not have gotten how many years it was.

#34 Posted by giantsfan576 (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

HUGE dissapointment. Not awful but compared to City it was bad.

6/10

#35 Posted by patrat18 (10170 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it, but I agree it wasn't as good as Arkham City. Biggest gripe I have with the game right now is the amount of crashing issues I'm having. Beat the game despite it crashing twice while playing, but now I can't go more than 10 minutes without a crash.

#36 Posted by Lvenger (20745 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: It's the same thing as the New 52 timeline kind of. They want to keep Batman at a certain age so that he isn't too old whilst retaining the experience and characteristics of the more experienced Batman. As for Origins Batman, he has only just started at this career path so to speak.

#37 Posted by Vulshock (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@conradoaccorsi: I felt the same way with how Black Mask turned out, but Bane had a good story (and we got to see why he was a big dumb brute in AA & AC).

#38 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I collected all the Enigma stuff and did all the Most Wanted stuff to get the New 52 costume, but I didn't get it so I'm currently angry at the game.

#39 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: You did all of enigma's stuff network relays and extortion files? Did you ever find his location and beat him up? Or get any dialogue from him? Not just go to his hq and hack te room for the trophy but did you ever find him? I thought the game was fun an really want the announcement for the dlc. Too anxious for that

#40 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: Wait you can find him? How? I went to his HQ, disabled the thingy and got the Riddler trophy. His Most Wanted Page says completed, as do the rest of them, but I never got the achievement for completing them. Kinda angers me because I did everything I was supposed to.

#41 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lol idk that why I was asking you I'm unsure and wanted to know because I remember Alfred telling batman once all the network relays are down he can track his location. I feel you bro check this. When I got to deadshot I beat the shit out of him before he could take that dude hostage and now his body and everyone else is gone and now I can't finish it gaaaaah it pisses me off

#42 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker was Black Mask. Mind = blown as I didn't know until now, I think I kind of get why people are dissapointed. And why does Batman know more moves than the last game being this game was suppossed to take place ten years before?

The game looks inferior to Arkham City overall like everyone said all except for a few features and plot twists. I'd give it a 6.5 or 7. Still a good/acceptable game but awful, yeah I said.

#43 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: Dude that sucks. I'm just glad I can get the New 52 costume with the season pass.

#44 Posted by PunyParker (11996 posts) - - Show Bio

Laugh your ass off people!!

#45 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Yeah I got the season pass but still waitin on the content all I got was brightest day and Gotham by gaslight so far besides all the preorder extras any news on the dlc releases yet?

#46 Posted by PunyParker (11996 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that i didn't like in the game,is the continuity.....prequels doesn't work.

When Alfred is "sying" you know he's not gonna.......
When Bane says "Tonight someone is going to die" you know noone is going to die,cuz they're there in the Asylum game....

And last but not least,the gadgets.....what?...Bruce was SO stupid,to drop the shock-gloves and the remote-claw,and make his life difficult,in a short period of time?!....why the hell would he do that?!

Otherwise,i liked the game very very much,gameplay-wise,some story bugs,but ok.......really looking forward to the City sequel by Rocksteady this time...

#47 Posted by RustyRoy (13261 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: Nobody knows yet, I've been checking Eric Holmes twitter every once in awhile and he says they will be announcing it soon, so I hope they announce it before Thanksgiving.

Oh and I ended up getting the New 52 suit. I had to beat all the Most Wanted people in New Game+ as well.

#49 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Hopefully they release the whole season pass though it's unlikely I feel we deserve it for waiting. And certainly hope they don't just release re skins I want the initiation and/or new story campaign next

#50 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio