• 71 results
#1 Edited by TDSOTMFLTA94 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems so.

I could have sworn before 2012, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE loved Nolan's Batman movies, everyone was saying he made the best Batman, and the best superhero movies ever.

Then The Avengers came out, and people jumped on the Marvel bandwagon.

Then The Dark Knight Rises came out, and the movie apparently "disappointed" some fans. Even though most people and Batman fans loved or liked TDKR.

Now if you go on IMDB, superherohype, or even look at the comments here on comic vine, there are already some bandwagon idiots saying that they are glad Nolan is done with Batman, especially after "they were so sorely disappointed with TDKR."

I'm just sick of this mentality of comic fans. I'm a huge Batman fan, and look forward to new verisons of the character, but I'm sick of comic fans always bashing previous movies of the characters everytime a reboot or new verison comes out.

It happened with Raimi's Spider-Man movies last year, and it will unfortunately happen with Nolan's Batman movies.

#2 Edited by ghost_runner (277 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked the nolan movies, but i guess i wanted them to be good so badly that i convinced myself that they were awesome. Then i saw rises and that made me take a step back and really look at the movies. Now i cant stand them, their not bad movies but their a god awful adaptation of batman and his world.

yes they have had a great effect in having comic book movies being taken seriously but really their not comic book movies, their movies with characters who share the same names as comic book characters

#3 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5868 posts) - - Show Bio

That's almost exactly what happened.

#4 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15057 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight is still the best comic book movie, ever. And there is no close 2nd in my opinion.

So no.

And I never was fond of Raimi's Spiderman. I just realize how bad they are now that I have something to compare it to.

JK Simmons and Alfred Molina are the two exceptions, everything else can diaf and be forgotten.

#5 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Random but the first few words of the title were misleading at first :P

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (38545 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not insanely fond of the Dark Knight besides Joker and Two Face, and I hated The Dark Knight Rises, but Batman Begins is still my second favorite comic book movie.

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

I still like the Nolan movies as well as the Marvel movies. TDKR could have been way better but it wasn't actually a bad movie.

#8 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

The Nolan Batman trilogy is a trilogy of great movies (not just comic book movie, but movies in general). They transcend the super hero genre, they are really great cinema!

The Marvel movies are just eye candy, with comedy, and cartoon stories.

#9 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. People on the internet dislike everything

#10 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming from a person who's on the hate bandwagon for Marvel, I can see why you'd think this.

#11 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. Everyone complains about everything on the internet, deal with it.

#12 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (38545 posts) - - Show Bio

The Nolan Batman trilogy is a trilogy of great movies (not just comic book movie, but movies in general). They transcend the super hero genre, they are really great cinema!

The Marvel movies are just eye candy, with comedy, and cartoon stories.

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (38545 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming from a person who's on the hate bandwagon for Marvel, I can see why you'd think this.

Burn! Lol.

#15 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Burn! Lol.

Here, this should help him!

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19943 posts) - - Show Bio

Tobey Spidy >>>>>>>>> Andrew Spidy

#17 Edited by Cap10nate (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big fan of the first 2 of his movies but didn't like Rises.

#18 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5868 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Once the hype died down due to the trilogy ending, there was less backlash against those who disliked them.

So they were allowed to speak louder.

You're hearing them speak.

Isn't that amazing?

#20 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said. Nolan created a cinematic world for Batman that is unequaled. Marvel movies are cartoons in comparison. Just the villains alone were a who's who of Hollywood bad assery!!! Cilian Murphy, Leam Neeson, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway. Stop hating and be glad that you were there to go see these movies in theaters!

#21 Posted by BR_Havoc (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

It was hard for Rises to be anything but disappointing to many people because the dark knight had so much hype and was so loved it was impossible to live up to the standards people put on it. I liked it but I do find Bane to be the weakest part of the movie and it's not as good on repeat viewings but it's still a solid ending to a good trilogy.

I think what happened was the public saw the Avengers and it had a lot of humor and its tone was not so dark it was refreshing compared to the bleakness of Nolan's movies.

#22 Posted by Immortal777 (6874 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like Nolan's Batman since the first movie.

#23 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolans Dark Knight trilogy is one of the greatest if not THE greatest comicbook movie trilogies we have. Anything that successful and popular is going to have it's share of haters.

#24 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1533 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved all three movies.

#25 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackdog2009: I only got to see Dark Knight Rises in theater. Batman Begins I was to young to understand so going would be pointless. The Dark Knight I wanted to see so badly because it was around the time I was getting interested in comics, but this movie was considered in my family to be a naughty movie because my aunt and uncle were shocked by a violent Joker. I wish I could've seen them all.

While I do like the Nolanverse I am ready to move on to a new Batman for a much larger DCCU that had started with Man of Steel and is suppose to connect with Green Arrow, The Flash, Constantine, and that Commissioner Gordon show. I am also interested in seeing a Robin that is maybe a Boy Wonder instead of being 23 year old Chris O'Donnell or a cop like the Nolan movies.

#26 Edited by Saren (25273 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting sick and tired of people posting topics on General Discussion that don't belong on General Discussion........if your topic only pertains to one character or that character's personal universe, post it on that character's forum.

#27 Edited by Jayc1324 (9289 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether you liked the trilogy or not, it was groundbreaking, and all the movies were extremely well done. The Dark Knight was the first comc movie to make 1 billion and is currently rated as the 6th or 8th (i forget) best movie of all time on imdb.

The entire trilogy was really good and contains the best superhero movie ever in The Dark Knight.

No other superhero movie or batman movie is similar to that trilogy at all, the style of the movies were very unique. Fans raved after the dark knight came out. Hating them is just the cool thing to do now, and the someone said, people on the internet hate everything.

#28 Posted by russellmania77 (14555 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nolan>>>>>Burton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Schumacher

#29 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

Opinions. People have them.

WHAT A SHOCK! OH MY GOODNESS!

#30 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

It was obvious it was going to happen, all the movies you liked on the past is cool to hate them now.

Hate the old Star Trek is cool since JJ Abrams "fixed" that sucker.

Hate Star Wars is cool because is "too mainstream" or too nerdy or the fact it made sci fi look "stupid".

Hate old movies is cool because they are old.

Hate foreign movies is cool because only Hollywood make good movies.

It got worst since Marvel Cinematic Universe came out, people blame Nolan for the fact we dont have a JL movie, because his Batman lived in a universe without superheroes, amazingly they never decide to blame Smallville (Who i blame, seriously they build it in the show and did nothing with it),Tim Burton, Joel Schumacher, Bryan Synger and Richard Donner, i mean the only live action Batman that lived in a world with other heroes was Adam West Batman, but no one would belive in JL since Bruce Lee dont need Superman, Batman and the others at his side to save the world, because he is Bruce Lee.

The Lord of The Ring is the perfect example, before the Hobbit came out, it got a bunch of hate for all the changes that Peter Jackson did to make it more cinematic, after The Hobbit got hate for The Hobbit.

X Men were loved until Marvel Cinematic Universe came out, then people hate them so hard it makes no sense at all, First Class being one of the best movies i have seen and really smart into making several aspects of the comic book fit the cinematic universe, Magento original costume and helmet, the orginal colors of the X Men and thing that would look out of place during Synger watch, even when the X Men comcis have to be one of the most bizarre ones ever, X Men is so confusing and self contradictory that any change you make it makes sense, since they are the X Men.

Spiderman movies get shit since they got over, but after The Amazing Spiderman came out people put all their hate in the new ones, i mean there was a running idea that Spiderman 3 was terrible, Spiderman 2 was boring and overrated and Spiderman 1 being the only Spiderman movie that was a Spiderman movie.

Hasbro toy based movies for not being like the cartoons, even when they have said they are basing themselves on the toys and not the cartoons, what it means like everybody know with toys you could do any story you want and play with it, they do that an this people hate them for the fact they use toys as toys.

Old Disney fans, how dare Disney to stop making 2d animation movies and only make CGI movies, even after people show they only want to see CGI since their classic looking movies failed as movies and worked better as tv cartoons, even after the fact CGI movies give us Toy Story, Shreck and others.

DBZ gest hate because pretty much inveted all the trick on the book of Shonen.

How wrestling dare to stop being the Attitude Era, how dare to stop the terrible plots, the awful matches, the terrible on going sexism, hardcore crappy ideas and a long etc.

How Harry Potter movies dare to change Harry Potter eyes color, even when the actor does an amazing job with the character, look exactly like it and the only thing to complaint is the eyes color.

Seriously, the internet is for hate!!!

#31 Edited by Tamal_Kundu (35 posts) - - Show Bio

The movies made about 2.5 billion among them with an IMDb rating of 8.3, 9 and 8.6, and rotten tomatoes rating of 85%, 94%, 88%, respectively. The reviews were highly positive, the audience response was insane. Indeed, they weren't just good comic book movies, they were brilliant pieces of cinema, each one of them. It cemented Batman as the global, cultural icon that he's today, something that started way back with Batman:TAS. From Nolan's peers in hollywood, to Batman writers such as Miller, and Morrison loved the movies. And here you have to ask, why would anyone care about the opinion of some people lurking in a shady corner of internet? Moreover, why would we, ourselves care?

#32 Edited by RDClip (1117 posts) - - Show Bio

Na, it's just that the rabid enthusiasm has cooled down and the people who didn't love the movies can talk without fanboys going nuts.

I like the movies, I don't love them. There are many flaws to them that I can't ever ignore.

#33 Edited by RustyRoy (10875 posts) - - Show Bio

The movies made about 2.5 billion among them with an IMDb rating of 8.3, 9 and 8.6, and rotten tomatoes rating of 85%, 94%, 88%, respectively. The reviews were highly positive, the audience response was insane. Indeed, they weren't just good comic book movies, they were brilliant pieces of cinema, each one of them. It cemented Batman as the global, cultural icon that he's today, something that started way back with Batman:TAS. From Nolan's peers in hollywood, to Batman writers such as Miller, and Morrison loved the movies. And here you have to ask, why would anyone care about the opinion of some people lurking in a shady corner of internet? Moreover, why would we, ourselves care?

#34 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

Na, it's just that the rabid enthusiasm has cooled down and the people who didn't love the movies can talk without fanboys going nuts.

I like the movies, I don't love them. There are many flaws to them that I can't ever ignore.

Go to Whatculture and behold this is a myth.

People hates everything and since rants and hate are cooler that love and praise, people gets into that.

Also, freacking people on the internet complaint of the most stupid things ever.

There is an ongoing war in the Harry Potter fanbase for Harry eyes color, no seriously go and talk to Harry Potter fans, they will go ballistic about this.

#35 Edited by jumpstart55 (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Its funny because the comments are pretty much confirming your suspensions.

But yea the Nolan films were great films.

As for the Sam Rami they were just ok, nothing really impressed me about those films at all, they actually felt kind of generic. The only one i really liked was Spider-man 2 which is easily one of the best Superhero movies ever.

I thought the Amazing Spider-man was terrible. Its not that i dont like Garfield as Spider-man, because i do. And i really liked the chemistry between Gwen and Peter. Its just that the script dialogue were all just really bad. I hated how Uncle bin gave an indirect version of the great power and responsibility speech. The lizard was also terrible, it felt like he did not really belong in the story to begin with.

And yea, Superhero movies are kind of like trends. When they first come out, everybody's talking about them, but then when the next one come out, everybody's talking about that particular film. Take the Iron man films for example. Do you really think people are going to remember those films 15-30 years from now? Probably not. That because Superhero films well most any way, aren't really great films. Most arent written well and are just made to appeal to the mas market as quick eye candy. Nolan definitely worked hard to redefine the way Superhero films were perceived, and he did kind off.

The point is, this whole Superhero movie craze is just one really big trend.

#36 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Burton

The Christopher Nolan movie I thought was actually really good. He really captured the ‘real’ spirit that these kind of movies are supposed to have nowadays. When I did BATMAN 20 years ago, in 1988 or something, it was a different time in comic book movies. You couldn't go into that ‘dark side’ of comics yet. The last couple of years that has become acceptable and Nolan certainly got more to the root of what the Batman comics are about.”

Adam West

To me, it's an interesting idea because Batman – the character, the legend, the extension of it over all these years – it lends itself to different machinations, layers, different time zones – anything. You could really pretty much mold Batman. He's malleable, welcome and always interesting. They [Christopher Nolan] do The Dark Knight, and I did The Bright Knight. Ours was fun for the whole family.

Micheal Keaton.

I've only seen a little piece [of the sequels] here and there since I finished mine, not for any reason except that I didn't have any real interest. The reason they weren't interesting was the reason I didn't want to do them anymore. I read the script [for "Batman Forever"]. I wasn't into it. But how I wanted to do the third one is what they did in ["Batman Begins"]. I read an article about how they were going about it and I said, "That's exactly what I thought should be done." [Christopher Nolan] is so good and [Christian Bale] is so good. I really would like to see ["Batman Begins"]. I'm sure it's good and I'm sure ["The Dark Knight"] is going to be better.

It was awesome. It was so cool. It was so much work. Now it would be done so much more efficiently; that guy [Christopher Nolan, the director of the new Batman trilogy] is great, he’s really, really talented.

Joel Schumacher.

"I think what's very interesting about Batman and how brilliant Chris Nolan is is, if you look at the last Batman, ours were at a much simpler time,"Schumacher says. "Our job was to entertain the whole family. To make it fun and sell a lot of toys. It was a franchise. The last one is really about what we're going through, the extraordinary gap between the haves and the have-nots... I think right now the last Batman is very reflective of the times we're living in, which are scary times. I'm not a predictor of revolutions and I don't think there will be one in the United States, but there are the seeds of it. When you have too many poor and too many rich, those are the seeds of revolution."

“I think Chris Nolan is brilliant and I think Heath [Ledger] was extraordinary [in 'The Dark Knight.'],” he added. “Chris is a master and he’s so young, and god knows what’s coming from him now.”

Val Kilmer.

“They are doing what I hoped we would do, but didn’t do,”

“In the original film the Joker gets the hell kicked out of him and thrown off the bell tower. He suffers, and that sort of went away. Things became cute. It’s entertaining, but I think what they’re doing with the Batman films now is more in the original spirit of the character.”

Chris ODonell

"Its pretty good, a lot better that Batman and Robin HAHAHAHA...

Kevin Feinge you know from Marvel

“[T]he truth is I root for every single [superhero movie], whether it’s our movies or not, because while you and I know the difference between who publishes what, I’ve been in supermarket checkout lines where one of our characters is on the cover of a magazine, somebody says, ‘Is Green Lantern in the Avengers? Is Aquaman in that one too?’ People don’t know. So I want them all to be great. […] Chris Nolan’s Batman is the greatest thing that happened because it bolstered everything. Imagine the one-two punch in 2008 of ’Iron Man’ and ‘Dark Knight’? It was great. Six years earlier I was having conversations with studio execs where they’d say, ‘Why don’t you come work for us? These comic book movies can’t last forever. It’s probably towards the tail end.’ And I, being with big bright-eyed naiveté would go, ‘I don’t know, I think we can do more. I think there’s more fun to be had.’”

James Cameron:

"The last two Batman pictures — actually, they're the only two I can watch. i couldn't stand the other ones.

I don't want to throw anyone under the bus by name, I didn't like them. I didn't get them. But the last two films were spectacular."

Paul Thomas Anderson:

"I’ve never really been asked to do [big tentpole blockbusters]. You look at what Christopher Nolan did with Batman, that’s like the meeting of the highest level of artistic skill & a kind of commerciality and appeal to a wide range of people which is what anybody would want. It’s kind of unparalleled actually, and they don’t come to me with those. And that’s alright."_

Guillermo del Toro :

That ties into something else I was going to ask: do you think that blockbusters are perhaps a bit too cynical now? There's a bit too much soul-searching and darkness, perhaps?

Not at all. I think there's a certain examination of the superhero myth that is really, really beautiful when it's created by a genuinely creative filmmaker like Chris Nolan. Then it's really genuine. It's a little harder when you don't feel the cohesiveness within somebody's work.

To me, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy is of a piece with Memento, or The Following, or Insomnia, or even The Prestige - you can feel the same hand. Sometimes I feel that some of the conventions of other summer entertainment, the darkness, is an affectation that is not of a piece with the rest of the work of the person who made it.

Nicholas Winding Refn:

'With Nolan you got a guy who came from a background like me and the studios gave him a possibility to make the dark knight movies, or batman movies, the bat movies ? ....... And A: made really good films, but also made movies that had a lot of substance, and the audience wants that, of course everybody wants that, and they should get it'

Wes Anderson:

"I enjoy Chris Nolan's work in general, but I watched the Blu-Ray and it has a thing where you can go to any scene in the movie and go to the making of that. There's nothing that has ever made me feel less like a professional than watching Chris Nolan's group at work. The remote-control miniature cars. Just every technique. The rehearsal of flipping the semi-trailer end over end in the middle of the desert before they blow it up in Chicago... There's one scene where a guy jumps off the top of a skyscraper — they rehearse the jump but for the actual thing they did it CG. 'But for the rehearsal you did jump off the building?' 'We have it as a reference.' Wow. Chris Nolan is quite great. My favourite is Memento, but I'd like to learn how to do these things."

Werner Herzog:

In a way, I was totally astonished by The Dark Knight because, on the one hand, it’s a huge, mainstream movie. But it also astonished me at how dark it was, as though it was a premonition of something coming at us. I went to see the film, and ran into Christian Bale, which was the only reason I saw the film: I wanted to see how Christian was doing, because I so love that man, as an actor. I ran into Christian and (director) Christopher Nolan, and said to Nolan ‘Congratulations, this is the most significant film of the whole year.’ He thought I was kind of making it up, or joking. And I said ‘No, no, no! This is a film of real substance. It doesn’t matter if it’s mainstream or not.’ And it’s wonderful that he made the film the way he did.

Paul Greengrass:

"There have been a round of movies that haven't worked lately, but it's not so long ago that we were feasting on Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises," he said. "You can't expect that every one of these films will be a Dark Knight Rises or an Inception or a Bourne."

Steven Spielberg;

"The Chris Nolan Batman film are arts films very succesful well told stories, but also with beautiful visual art."

Also i put a spoiler because it was a massive post wall, of positive comments about Nolan Batman franchise by the next:

Tim Burton, Micheal Keaton, Val Kilmer, Chris ODonnell, Joel Schumacher, Kevin Feinge, Steven Spielberg, Paul Thomas Anderson, Guillermo del Toro, Nicholas Winding Refn, Wes Anderson, Werner Herzog, Paul Greengrass, James Cameron and Adam West.

Yeah, because people from comicvine had more valid opinions that those guys.(Sarcasm)

Not only that.

Dennis Oneil worked with Nolan version of the character in the novelizations of the first 2 movies, the comic book that work interquel of BB and TDK and made comment for the Gotham Knight that was based on Nolan work.

Jerry Robinson worked with Nolan in TDK as consultant, the father of The Joker worked in this one.

Grant Morrison helped Heth Ledger with his Joker, Heath call him to get help from Morrison and he help him to design his Joker.

I say it once and i will say it again.

The next Batman Movie Director should be Guillermo Del Toro.

#37 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: That is a great post. Love the quotes from those in the industry who, lets face it are about as objective and also qualified as you can get. It relates back to my blog, about how TDK was a movie, a serious movie with depth and layers and polish that the CBM's generally lacks, and why I question how The Avengers is regarded as it really is just any other CBM.

Anyway, thanks for that post.

#38 Posted by Wolverine08 (38545 posts) - - Show Bio

It was obvious it was going to happen, all the movies you liked on the past is cool to hate them now.

Hate the old Star Trek is cool since JJ Abrams "fixed" that sucker.

Hate Star Wars is cool because is "too mainstream" or too nerdy or the fact it made sci fi look "stupid".

Hate old movies is cool because they are old.

Hate foreign movies is cool because only Hollywood make good movies.

It got worst since Marvel Cinematic Universe came out, people blame Nolan for the fact we dont have a JL movie, because his Batman lived in a universe without superheroes, amazingly they never decide to blame Smallville (Who i blame, seriously they build it in the show and did nothing with it),Tim Burton, Joel Schumacher, Bryan Synger and Richard Donner, i mean the only live action Batman that lived in a world with other heroes was Adam West Batman, but no one would belive in JL since Bruce Lee dont need Superman, Batman and the others at his side to save the world, because he is Bruce Lee.

The Lord of The Ring is the perfect example, before the Hobbit came out, it got a bunch of hate for all the changes that Peter Jackson did to make it more cinematic, after The Hobbit got hate for The Hobbit.

X Men were loved until Marvel Cinematic Universe came out, then people hate them so hard it makes no sense at all, First Class being one of the best movies i have seen and really smart into making several aspects of the comic book fit the cinematic universe, Magento original costume and helmet, the orginal colors of the X Men and thing that would look out of place during Synger watch, even when the X Men comcis have to be one of the most bizarre ones ever, X Men is so confusing and self contradictory that any change you make it makes sense, since they are the X Men.

Spiderman movies get shit since they got over, but after The Amazing Spiderman came out people put all their hate in the new ones, i mean there was a running idea that Spiderman 3 was terrible, Spiderman 2 was boring and overrated and Spiderman 1 being the only Spiderman movie that was a Spiderman movie.

Hasbro toy based movies for not being like the cartoons, even when they have said they are basing themselves on the toys and not the cartoons, what it means like everybody know with toys you could do any story you want and play with it, they do that an this people hate them for the fact they use toys as toys.

Old Disney fans, how dare Disney to stop making 2d animation movies and only make CGI movies, even after people show they only want to see CGI since their classic looking movies failed as movies and worked better as tv cartoons, even after the fact CGI movies give us Toy Story, Shreck and others.

DBZ gest hate because pretty much inveted all the trick on the book of Shonen.

How wrestling dare to stop being the Attitude Era, how dare to stop the terrible plots, the awful matches, the terrible on going sexism, hardcore crappy ideas and a long etc.

How Harry Potter movies dare to change Harry Potter eyes color, even when the actor does an amazing job with the character, look exactly like it and the only thing to complaint is the eyes color.

Seriously, the internet is for hate!!!

Well said.

#39 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated Nolan's Batman since before it was cool. Anyone who knows me can vouch for this.

I'd rather sound like a hipster than a bandwagon jumper. There is just no winning here for me.

#40 Posted by HumanRocket (7406 posts) - - Show Bio

I can watch the first batman 100 times and never get bored. I've seen the 2nd movie so many times that me and my friend quote so many lines from that movie all the time. But I didn't really like that 3rd film. As far as the avengers film I loved it but I also love the batman films on equal levels so no I haven't bashed the films since watching the avengers.

#41 Posted by Alak (924 posts) - - Show Bio

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I like to think this quote reflects the Nolan franchise and its relationship with Batman fans.

#42 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I like to think this quote reflects the Nolan franchise and its relationship with Batman fans.

It really doesn't.

You just wanted to use that quote.

Admit it.

#43 Edited by Alak (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

How exactly is it inapplicable? Dark Knight was the high point of the trilogy. If Nolan really decided to stop there, he would've gone out with a bang. Instead, he pressed on and created a movie that was more flawed (albeit not necessarily bad) and as a result got a lot of criticism from fans. Hence, the quote works.

#44 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: Yeah, i am sick and tired of Nolan haters that belive they know so much about movies without showing any evidence they know anything, even when Nolan gets praise by several directors, producers and actors.

Like people point Frank Miller loved this movies, so did Grant Morrison, this people belive they know better that those two, because after all of those guys write comic book as influential or more that those two, in their imagination, devianart and in fan fiction.com

I mean those are big names and they dont have that much in common and they dont have the same interests, that all of them find something in Nolan works that they like, show how much layers this movies had.

Like i said, Nolan problem is going against the traditions of comic book movies, he was going in another direction from what people did before him and he was still going in another direction when Marvel Cinematic Universe came out.

So his movies dont fit the old same ideas and some people belive that anything new, means go against the spirit of the character, amazingly this people also belive that if things stay the same is going against the spirit of the character.

See Ironman 3, suddenly everybody hated Ironman for the fact he changed a racist old character, because goes against the tradition of being racist.

#45 Posted by silent_bomber (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Nolan

"1989 Batman is a Brilliant film, visionary and extraordinarily idiosyncratic"

"And so even though Tim Burton’s film had done a definitive version of the character, it was a very idiosyncratic Tim Burton vision. I had in mind a sort of treatment of Batman that Richard Donner might have done in the late Seventies the way he did Superman."

Heath Ledger

I was definitely a fan of what Jack Nicholson did in the world that Tim Burton created

I definitely loved Tim Burton's Batman movie

Christian Bale

The other ones (than Burton's) just weren’t my thing at all.

The last ones just really had been not satisfactory at all

Bruce Timm

I really like The Dark Knight, and even Tim Burton’s Batman films as well, maybe the first more so than the second. I love what Nolan did but I also still enjoy what Burton did.

I didn’t enjoy Schumacher’s Batman at all

#46 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio

People like to hate things that are popular, Nolan's Bat Trilogy is amazing.

#48 Posted by SupBatz (1690 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan's trilogy are great movies. All three of them. I am excited to see a fresh start for Batman - hopefully one that is more comic book-like. But that doesn't take away from my enjoyment of Nolan's movies.

#49 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

No other superhero movie(s) equal the greatness of Nolan's trilogy. Avengers was amazing, The Iron Man Trilogy was excellent (Until the 3rd SMH), and Amazing Spider-Man was a fun ride that did a reboot right, but none of them equal Nolan's work. That's just the way it is.

It's even more notable in fact because most DC live action movies suck.

#50 Posted by Archerized (9 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were to rank the Nolan Batman movies it'll go like:

1. The Dark Knight

2. The Dark Knight Rises

3. Batman Begins.

Nolan's trilogy was amazing absolutely no doubt about it. And I totally agree with shazam117 over here

Nolans Dark Knight trilogy is one of the greatest if not THE greatest comicbook movie trilogies we have. Anything that successful and popular is going to have it's share of haters.

I think most people watched/wanted to watch the Avengers was because it was a crossover between the major Marvel heroes. And they all had their own movies (except: Hawkeye). Because of Avengers success people went to watch Iron Man 3 (which made 1 billion in its opening week i think. It was a good movie.) But if you ask me, Nolan's trilogy was the best, is the best and (maybe) will be the best.