• 151 results
Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not really no. They've had many confrontations over the years, but there's always been a reason why i'd personally discount it as a win. The Dark Knight Returns is probably the most famous example, but honestly, as badass as Bruce comes off there, that entire speech at the end doesn't work for me due to the fact Clark didn't want to fight and Bruce did. Change things around and it could've ended completely differently, if not been outright avoided.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

No, and frankly it should stay that way. They make Batman beat Superman in some non-canon stories because they want a message to get across saying "any man can trump a god" or something like that, and that's it.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havoc1201: umm supes saved a life and was not forced to kill Bruce how did he lose. He'll Bruce said that if Clark wanted to he cold squish Bruce, so how did Bruce win they both won you relize they are on the same side.

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I think people just forget about punctuation.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger said:

@Reignmaker said:

Dark Knight Returns, Hush, and Tower of Babel.

Apart from Dark Knight Returns,all this is wrong.

In Hush he just slowed him down until Catwoman kidnapped Lois to get him to his senses.

In Tower of Babel,his plan was used by someone else to beat him.

Batman has and never will beat Superman in 1 vs 1,simply because he isn't meant to.

Batman is created for something else.

Batman has never really beaten Superman except for in Dark Knight Returns and I don't think of that as really counting. It's a great story and all, but the fight wasn't very good. Superman goes extremely easy on Batman, but Batman uses everything he has to catch him off guard and (kind of but not really) beat him. After acting like a badass because he practically took down a god who had no real intention of causing him harm, he then has a heart attack.

I do not consider that any sort of victory for Batman, it degrades both characters.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lifeofvibe
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TazzMission

Yes he beat him the dark knight returns, He was counting on superman holding back and he gave him the slip, Batman has the brains so therefore he wins every time

I wish Batman killed him.

you do realize ollie helped in that fight right? does kryptonite arrow ring a bell?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he beat him the dark knight returns, He was counting on superman holding back and he gave him the slip, Batman has the brains so therefore he wins every time

I wish he killed Batman.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

He beat him in DKR, he beat him in Red Son and he beat him in Injustice Year One, but has he ever straight up punched him into submission? No, of course not, its Superman.

ajnesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Never in the N52, not as long as Geoff Jones is Creative Officer.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

''I want you to remember the one man who beat you'' - Bruce Wayne, The Dark Knight Returns.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't think Batman has ever or can truly beat Superman in a straight up encounter, Batman has always had something to turn the odds in his favour, a diversion or something. However fair play for Batman for ever squaring up to someone with the power of a god....it shows his courage...

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingscrewonhead said:

you do realize ollie helped in that fight right? does kryptonite arrow ring a bell?

You do realize that it was Bruce's idea and planning to have Ollie there right? Ollie or no Ollie, one way or another, Superman was getting the Kryptonite dust. Sorry, but Batman wins.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This topic again?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Yeah but it was bumped while there are always other more recent Batman vs Superman threads floating around.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the fights have ended really quickly, they haven't really been all out fights. In TKDR, his whole plot was not to beat Clark, but to fake his death.

Really, I don't see why everyone wants to see them fight so much. I don't see the comics having an all out battle. They are almost like brothers to each other.

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CantDance93

Batman/Superman Annual 1 New 52, so yes Batman has, I think he did in Batman/Superman #7 too, but Superman wanted him too.

I asked Greg Pak on his tumblr account and this is what he said

http://greg-pak.tumblr.com/post/81735318369/stupid-question-but-in-the-batman-superman-annual-did

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: I like Ross' art but I don't like the obvious cloth quality of the costumes he draws. It makes Batman look like even more of a crazy person.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By buttersdaman000

The two have had 4-5 canon confrontations pre and new 52, but Batman has never canonically beaten him. People like to take the fights out of context to make it look like Batman either won or had Superman on the ropes ( i.e The Hush fight punch) but thats never the truth of it. Even their non-canon fights in which Batman 'won' could also be taken as losses or draws. In Red Son Batman won but he also ended up dead. In The Dark Knight Returns, Batman won but people mistake it as a physical victory (which it wasn't) and not the moral one that it really was.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: batman beat superman within an inch of his life in batman superman annual 1

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@buttersdaman000: batman beat superman within an inch of his life in batman superman annual 1

Is this new 52 or pre-52?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@buttersdaman000: the entire story behind it or just the fight?

Yeah, just behind the fight should be fine. I just want to know how Batman was able to beat Superman bloody....is this just another Hush or TDKR scenario??

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By Cloakx14

no he will never beat me because i'll whoop his azz just like i did Zod in Mos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why this would matter to anyone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: well they weren't planning on fighting each other. They were had to fight each other in a tournament to stall so batgirl could figure out how to disable the ship they were on. Batman didn't want to go hard but superman kept pushing him to go all out and superman said at one point that batnans kryptonite may have shifted the battle too far in Batman's favor. Then batman just beats him with the kryptonite.

Kryptonite really affects superman more new 52 than it did previously

TheRedEclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, he has. He has outsmarted him in Hush, Batman: Clash of the Titans, Tower of Babel, and Superman: The Trust. If you count Battle of the Superheroes, Red Son and Justice League: War, those too. Why Justice League: War? Well, think about it. Batman repelled most of Superman's attacks and eventually verbally stopped him. In a way he beat him, but mentally and not physically. Supes main enemy is a human and Batman was labeled BY SUPERMAN HIMSELF to be the most dangerous man on Earth. Nuff' said. I still think the battle is a tie though. I mean, Batman's Intelligence>Superman's intelligence but Batman's Strength<Superman's strength.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No not in any "official continuity", just in elseworld and stuff like that.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

He understands that physically he can't be beaten,so he beats him mentally.

TheRedEclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, wait, hold up. Whatever happened when Batman battled Superman in Smallville? Superman did kick him around alot, but didn't Batman end up beating him? Or am I wrong?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dkaikster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Everyone is thinking that "Batman can beat superman" "Batman can't beat superman" well, have ANY of you EVER given it a thought that 'beating' does not only refer to fighting one on one and punching each other in the faces?

Batman beats Superman in Dark Knight Returns in combat. In Justice League, Vandal Savage learns from Batman how to beat each and every member of the justice league, and he does, until Batman comes back and saves them. In the Injustice series, Batman fights against superman in a 5 year long cold war and against all odds, finds a way to create a inter-dimensional portal even through all Superman's oppression as a supreme ruler, and call in backup from other worlds.

So, it does not matter if Batman can beat Superman in combat or not. His main ability is his strategy, not superpowers. And with that, he CAN beat all of justice league members and all of the villains. (He dodges Darkseid's omega blast, he always gets owned by Deathstroke in combat but Deathstroke never won or succeeded against Batman. That means, actually, Batman beat him. And the list goes on and on.)

With all said and done, someone WILL emerge, saying "No, that was in the movie! No, that was in the series! No, that was in only a special edition comics!" Well, go ahead. Thing is, no matter what the media is, Batman is Batman, and Superman is Superman. So, yes, Batman truly beat Superman in a LOT of occasion.

Jay_Russ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A win is a win. I've never understood why people think it's NOT plausible for the world's greatest detective to find a way to utilize a rock that is CLEARLYa weakness to Superman. People blurt out PIS, but, really, c'mon, is it really that stretch of an imagination for someone like Batman to use something like Kryptonite to bring Superman down? I could see if Batman was a complete idiot, if he wasn't a billionaire and didn't have damn near unlimited resources, if he wasn't proficient at science or something like that. But he IS a billionaire, worlds greatest detective, with unlimited resources who is skilled at anything science. How he beat Superman doesn't matter. He beat him--even if non canon--and it's not crazy to think he could beat him now. If you can find some sort of Kryptonite, create some sort of gun that emits sun radiation, you stand a chance against supes. What better hero to get this done other than Batman.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Superman has Super Intelligence, can think faster that Batman, besides he knows a martial art that let him control reality in some level, has all the powers to obtain resources beyond Batman and people goes crazy because one comic book put Bruce saying some pointless speech, where he let Clark be sure he won, but not based on the fact Batman kicked hi ass, but in the mean he won under moral reasons, Batman is losing the fight in the comic if people can remember.

With bad writing even SpiderHam can beat Superman.

Beside Clark didnt want to fight, was weaker and Bruce made Clark believe he was dying, so he stop kicking his BatAss.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone can beat someone in fiction.

TheRedEclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why isn't "Superman: The Trust" canon?

TheRedEclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TheRedEclipse

@dbatdog, Superman doesn't kill. Batman does if necessary. Superman's also been injured by a lot more than kryptonite. Magic, mental attacks, electricity. Batman outsmarted Superman on 4 occasions. “Superman: The Trust”, “Tower of Babel”, “Hush” and in “Detective Comics #756". If you count Red Son, TDKRp2, or TDKSA be my guest. I also remember Batman strategizing a way to beat Superman using other superheroes at one point, but I forget. Also, don't try to turn those listings into feats for Superman. In Superman the Trust Batman clearly took out Superman. In "The Tower of Babel" that was Batman's plan, just someone else executed it, in "Hush" Batman was counting on Superman to be the boy scout and save the falling woman. Batman planned all of that, so he is technically the winner. In Detective Comics #756, Batman clearly took out Superman by using his strength against him. Writers have even admitted Batman would be the winner.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has never beaten Superman in this history of the DC comics canon.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Anyone can beat someone in fiction.

liheibao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Dude, Superman gave him the Kryptonite and told Batman to make it look good. Did you even read the story or just wanted to post the images? That's hardly a win.

TheRedEclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't call Batman beating Superman PIS, in fact, PIS is flawed in general. Going by your rules, I can just say "Superman ever beating Batman is PIS"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liheibao: that's not even really what happened. Batman already had the kryptonite. Batman didn't want to fight superman, then superman kicked him in the face, and then batman decided to fight back and won.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I go out, I always make it a rule to never discuss politics or religion with people I just met......

I can now add Batman vs Superman on that list

liheibao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By liheibao

Here're the images missing from your conclusion:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman comments that weakening Supergirl, Krypto, and himself is the best chance that Batman has of stretching the battle out. The plan was to play for time. Even weakened, Superman takes a full hit from Mongul. However, he also kicks Batman square in the chin! Batman's head should be in another solar system, as Superman is wearing armour, and can't be that weak to perform that feat. Superman tells Batman not to hold back, because the fight has to look real. Remember, the object was to extend the battle, not win or lose. Pak seems to have forgot that in his own story. Batman decides he doesn't want to continue fighting with Superman, who clearly could have ended the battle with a blast of heat vision from the distance it started. However, as said all ready, the point of the fight was to play for time, not win or lose. Batman gave up the ghost. Perhaps not PIS, but . . . no, it's PIS.