russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By russellmania77

"Says the ultimate batman wanker", NO, I AM BATMAN.... Anyways

We all know superman could beat Batman in so many different ways and yet Greg Pak had to put it out there, like we didn't know (you all should feel offended btw(jk), not only did he physically outmatch batman (which makes sense duh) but also batman pulls out kryptonite (which is deadly to superman DUH) and Greg Pak decides to say "eh fudge it", so than superman grabs and throws the kryptonite (WHICH IS DEADILY TO SUPERMAN DUHHH!!!) and continues to pound on batman. I'm sorry people, I'm just angry beyond angry with nerd rage so i decided to blog about it... Feel free to leave a comment about how much of a batman hater you are

#theDARKkNIGHT

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

Just how much kryptonite effects Superman has varied from story to story. Just sayin'.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Kryptonite is lethal to Superman but it always depends on the way it is used and the quantity of course. IIRC Superman in the past, has fought through the pain caused by it and defeated his opponents. And let's face it, if it wasn't for the crazy love some writers seem to have for Batman, everybody knows that he doesn't really stand any chance against Superman.

Also, not reading the book and don't think I will but Greg Pak has seriously is number one for me after this lol

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: should I compare to the silver age story where superman eats kryptonite?

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

In fairness Batman can defeat Superman as Lex Luther can.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@decoy_elite: should I compare to the silver age story where superman eats kryptonite?

Sure, you could say "what happened here wasn't as silly as that."

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As soon as i saw this in best battles of the week i knew this was coming. Made me laugh just to see how superman took down batman. It's always the other way round. Doubt the kryptonite sheild was PIS because as said before supes has fought people like kryptonite man and fought through the pain to beat him. So it's not entirely implausible that supes could do the same thing. Anyway Paks certainly making a lot of friends having superman beating batman. Ah good times.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

The difference between Batman and the other characters is that Batman probably wouldn't just wait till Superman falls over and and/or doesn't expect that all it would take to down Superman is Kryptonite. He'd be hitting him with Kryptonite, Red Light, Magic, blocking the sun, etc and wouldn't stop till he was sure Superman was down and out, where as other just beat him to the point where he's out of breathe or fallen over... and then gloat, celebrate, or walk off.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Kryptonite only ever weakened Superman, it would only kill him through prolonged exposure or with a massive dose. So I don't see what the problem is here? (Heck I even remember a Lois and Clark episode where the villain had gone back through time to put 6 or 7 pieces of Kryptonite in Kal's pod and it was still something that would take time).

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can't beat Supes, GET OVER IT!!

It's not like Kryponite is an insta kill for Supes, why wouldn't he be able to grab it and throw it away before significantly weakening? Batfanboys smdh.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'm content with Pak,it's the Kalibak fight that rubs me the wrong way.

If Earth 2 Batman had not held back he would've won,I see nothing wrong with the outcome.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are so weird sometimes.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If batman really wanted to he could've used more kryptonite or another of supermans weaknesses but he wasn't trying to beat him or anything, and was worried about him.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

I just Love it when people misinterpret things.

Batman was holding back since he was clearly showing concern for superman, Superman got mad because this weird bat looking guy teleported him home, knew who he was, and weakened him.

Greg pak is awesome

This is exactly what happened. I don't see how you could misinterpret it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just how much kryptonite effects Superman has varied from story to story. Just sayin'.

It varies so much its kinda annoying. Like in the last issue of Justice League he keeled over and couldn't move cause of a tiny ring, now he can grab a whole block? What the hell....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not like Kryponite is an insta kill for Supes, why wouldn't he be able to grab it and throw it away before significantly weakening? Batfanboys smdh.

1. People who start their comment with "Batman can't beat Supes, GET OVER IT!!" and ends with "Batfanboys smdh" comes off as a massive fanboy and a Superman wanker.

2. In the issue of Justice League that was released a couple months ago, Superman keeled over and couldn't move simply because he was in the immediate vicinity of a Kryptonite ring. Now we see him grabbing a block of it. This leaves people scratching their heads because of how drastically in-consistent Superman is.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonite does not instantly weaken/kill Superman; its the radiation that effects him, and that requires exposure over some period of time. Just whipping out a chunk of kryptonite and hoping for the best isn't going to work.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wavemotioncannon said:

1. People who start their comment with "Batman can't beat Supes, GET OVER IT!!" and ends with "Batfanboys smdh" comes off as a massive fanboy and a Superman wanker.

2. In the issue of Justice League that was released a couple months ago, Superman keeled over and couldn't move simply because he was in the immediate vicinity of a Kryptonite ring. Now we see him grabbing a block of it. This leaves people scratching their heads because of how drastically in-consistent Superman is.

This.

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scans or it didn't happen

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

well he did write for hulk so i think he would favor the near unstoppable characters . i liked the issue , and as for superman and the kryptonite , superman saw batman as a threat , so he chucked what he thought was the "villain's" trump card . the kryptonite was still harming him he just fought through it . this is coming from someone who likes the bat mythos over superman .

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

its funny how haters brings up Superman's low showings and try to present them as the consistent version... but more often than not Superman has resisted small and short doses of Kryptonite radiation. He has been shot with Kryptonite bullet and survived. Its not like Kryptonite is an instant kill.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This OP gets an obligatory

Waahhh!!!
Waahhh!!!

Well Kara got, like, cancer by touching it, she is now dying after stabbing H'el with it SEVERAL ISSUES AGO! She held it longer though! Superman fought Kryptoniteman and did not die but needed help! But yeah, the Kryptonite stupidity has began again!

One note; there seems to be different levels of Kryptonite, like different qualities and compositions.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_stegman  Moderator

Having Kryptonite is NOT a guaranteed way to beat Superman, he's dealt with it before. So no, there's no wanking going on.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KnightRise

*Places envelope to forehead*

"...Seven word phrase for invalid opinion..."

*Reads OP*

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sounds not unreasonable to me. Kryptonite is deadly to superman, but Its always annoyed me how in some stories he immediately loses all his powers when coming into contact with it. Surely it acts like a slow poison in which case he would be able to quickly disarm a kryptonite carrying person before the kryptonite had a chance to take affect. BTW, I don't hate batman! (just the over-use of kryptonite!!)

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and the moral of the story is....USE GUNS

Frank Millar comes in and writes the next issue and Batman just pulls out a shotgun and shotgun blasts Superman with hundreds of little kryptonite pellets....Bat's like you boyscout F--- why don't you wear masks?? why are you always letting Luthor of of jail??? even uses that raspy smokey cigarette voice Bale used in the movies

after this Batman takes over the USMC and turns Iraq into a parking lot, ye-haw!

....no seriously, Batman should lose some fights to Superman even with prep. An older wiser more experienced Bat, yeah he can probably take down Supes

Loading Video...

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also for the record, that was neither Earth-0 Batman nor Earth-0 Kryptonite

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SandMan_

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also superman beatup kryptonite-man your argument is invaild.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deaditegonzo

@russellmania77 said:

We all know superman could beat Batman in so many different ways and yet Greg Pak had to put it out there, like we didn't know (you all should feel offended btw(jk), not only did he physically outmatch batman (which makes sense duh) but also batman pulls out kryptonite (which is deadly to superman DUH) and Greg Pak decides to say "eh fudge it", so than superman grabs and throws the kryptonite (WHICH IS DEADILY TO SUPERMAN DUHHH!!!) and continues to pound on batman. I'm sorry people, I'm just angry beyond angry with nerd rage so i decided to blog about it... Feel free to leave a comment about how much of a batman hater you are

#theDARKkNIGHT

First of all, Superman is weak to Kryptonite, but just a few weeks ago in Grant Morrisons Action Comics, he fought: 3 KRYPTONITE MEN, A KRYPTONIAN, SUPER DOOMSDAY, AND A 5th DIMENSIONAL IMP. Few weeks before that he fought the Kryptonite Man. Before that, he fought Metallo. Shoot, Supergirl held Kryptonite for n untold amount of time to stab H'El with it. Pak showing Supes throwing it is freaking consistent, which cannot be said for Batman MOST OF THE TIME.

I for one, am glad that a writer had the stones to step up and show what a real encounter would look like for the BatWankers who worship the mighty Batgod. Kryptonite is not an equalizer, not when we are talking about a squishy human fighting a kryptonian.

@theocitylegend

I think this is probably a direct response to that, as that scene was CLEARLY PIS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russellmania77 said:

#theDARKkNIGHT

First of all, Superman is weak to Kryptonite, but just a few weeks ago in Grant Morrisons Action Comics, he fought: 3 KRYPTONITE MEN, A KRYPTONIAN, SUPER DOOMSDAY, AND A 5th DIMENSIONAL IMP. Few weeks before that he fought the Kryptonite Man. Before that, he fought Metallo. Shoot, Supergirl held Kryptonite for n untold amount of time to stab H'El with it. Pak showing Supes throwing it is freaking consistent, which cannot be said for Batman MOST OF THE TIME.

I for one, am glad that a writer had the stones to step up and show what a real encounter would look like for the BatWankers who worship the mighty Batgod. Kryptonite is not an equalizer, not when we are talking about a squishy human fighting a kryptonian.

What about in Justice League when the guy crapped his pants when a tiny ring was beside him? He is drastically inconsistent in his power levels and his vulnerabilities.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, you must have one heck of a social life to post a topic such as this.

We all know the whole kryptonite thing is slightly inconsistent, but, as others have stated, it isn't "deadly" to Superman.

*Places envelope to forehead*

"...Seven word phrase for invalid opinion..."

*Reads OP*

..okay, I give up, whats the word? Hah

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SmashBrawler

Meh, this is the way weakness to Kryptonite should be written anyway.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

To be fair, it could be that different chunks of Kryptonite are more or less radioactive in comparison to one another. Like if we say the ring was at level 10 (as in highly) and the block was only a 2 it would explain why the tiny ring had greater effect than the bigger rock.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about in Justice League when the guy crapped his pants when a tiny ring was beside him? He is drastically inconsistent in his power levels and his vulnerabilities.

Yeah, because that is Batman's ring. If you look through the WHOLE HISTORY of Superman publications, the ONLY time he responds to Kryptonite in that way is when Batman is involved. Its pure Batwanking. He has two villains whose main powers are Kryptonite, Kryptonite Man and Metallo, how do you think he fights those guys if he just collapses in sight of them? Its just that Batman has the stupidest plot powers ever, and his fanboys have no concept of PIS.

The top two are New 52, where he fights some of the most powerful beings he has ever encountered, all while exposed to three different kinds of Knite.

The bottom 2 are Pre52, a Superman/Batman issue where Supes fights a Batman who is possessed by a Knite Man and LITERALLY glowing with Green K (Supes obviously Wins). Thanks to @citizenbane for having those bottom scans uploaded already, makes my life easier.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I don't understand the point you are trying to make here. You said "Supes throwing it is freaking consistent." I am saying it isn't. Then you tried to make the point that Superman is only really vulnerable to Kryptonite when Batman wields it? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense seeing as Superman also couldn't do anything when he was faced with the Kryptonite man, and in Justice League Cyborg was holding the ring and Superman keeled over despite Batman in no way being involved with the situation. Also that scan you posted of Superman fighting a kryptonite covered Batman contradicts your point seeing as how it was Batman wielding kryptonite but Superman was still fine and fighting. There are many scenarios where Superman appears to be inconsistent and Batman is in no way involved.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deaditegonzo

@theocitylegend said:

@deaditegonzo: I don't understand the point you are trying to make here. You said "Supes throwing it is freaking consistent." I am saying it isn't. Then you tried to make the point that Superman is only really vulnerable to Kryptonite when Batman wields it? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense seeing as Superman also couldn't do anything when he was faced with the Kryptonite man, and in Justice League Cyborg was holding the ring and Superman keeled over despite Batman in no way being involved with the situation. Also that scan you posted of Superman fighting a kryptonite covered Batman contradicts your point seeing as how it was Batman wielding kryptonite but Superman was still fine and fighting. There are many scenarios where Superman appears to be inconsistent and Batman is in no way involved.

The ring is Batman's ring, hence it has Super-Bat enhanced powers (essentially his fans would cry if they knew the ring was useless). Superman fought Kryptonite Man for a while before succumbing. And K-Nite man is nearly Superman's strength. He can fight a guy literally covered in Knite, who is near his own power level. That being the case, what could a wimpy guy like Batman do with Knite?

And yes, those second scans I posted were specific to this scenario, IMO, it was another Superman/Batman writer trying to counteract the stupidity shown in things like Hush, or the Dark Knight Returns.

I can list a ton of pre-52 instances where Supes resisted Knite, even to the point of fighting some of his greatest villains while exposed to KNite. And in the New 52, every instance that has been shown where Knite was being used, Supes has resisted to some extent, EXCEPT the one instance that involves Batman's magical Batring which he keeps around specifically to beat Superman. His plot powers make him the least interesting character in the world.

Basically, Superman responds to all Kryptonite the same, except when Batman is involved.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend said:

The ring is Batman's ring, hence it has Super-Bat enhanced powers (essentially his fans would cry if they knew the ring was useless). Superman fought Kryptonite Man for a while before succumbing. And K-Nite man is nearly Superman's strength. He can fight a guy literally covered in Knite, who is near his own power level. That being the case, what could a wimpy guy like Batman do with Knite?

And yes, those second scans I posted were specific to this scenario, IMO, it was another Superman/Batman writer trying to counteract the stupidity shown in things like Hush, or the Dark Knight Returns.

I can list a ton of pre-52 instances where Supes resisted Knite, even to the point of fighting some of his greatest villains while exposed to KNite. And in the New 52, every instance that has been shown where Knite was being used, Supes has resisted to some extent, EXCEPT the one instance that involves Batman's magical Batring which he keeps around specifically to beat Superman. His plot powers make him the least interesting character in the world.

Basically, Superman responds to all Kryptonite the same, except when Batman is involved.

How about in pre-new 52 when Metallo simply showed the kryponite under his armor to Superman and the dude just dropped? Or when Talia Al Ghul held a red kryptonite rock to Superman the guy once again just dropped? I suppose all instances of Superman falling to kryptonite are because of Batmans immense PIS powers despite the fact he was not involved, instead of the inconsistency of Supermans character. I guess every time Superman just fell to Kryptonite over the years was all some how linked by some crazy web to Batman. IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Batman was holding back because in that situation he cared for SUperman and Supes just didn't recognize Bruce so he had a reason to act like that.And also the dose of the kryptonite was not enough to fully weaken him or even kill him.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be quite

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: I cant even remember a time Metallo did that. Can you actually post evidence? Superman has fought Metallo a ton of times, including once in in Ending Battle where he fought Metallo, Mongul, and Bizarro simultaneously while surrounded by Kryptonite dust. Are you talking about on the Animated Series, cause you do realize that isnt canon right? Also, those shows wanked Batman pretty hard.

And who is Talia a villain for? Oh thats right, Batman. Batman's PIS powers are over the top, and anyone who isnt a Batfanboy is totally aware of that fact.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I don't have the scan, but I was thinking about the scene in pre-flashpoint Batman/Superman during the The World's Finest arc when they were in the grave yard and metallo popped up and opened his shell and Superman took a dump. I also had in mind during pre-flashpoint Justice League of America when they were fighting the Injustice League when Luthor had a kryptonite dagger at Supermans neck and once again the guy couldn't do anything. And Talia being a Batman villain instantly classifies her as irrelevant and all her achievements as bogus? Ok......

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: In that arc, Superman is able to fight Metallo. What actually puts Superman down is BEING SHOT with a Knite bullet that lodges itself next to his heart. And even then, his regeneration is almost too fast for Batman to remove the bullet.

Fighting somebody who is comparable in power to him, while exposed to his weakness, is completely different than facing a squishy human with Knite.

PopRock123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PopRock123

@theocitylegend: Don't bother arguing with this guy his opinion will not change just agree to disagree. Plus he seems to have a weird hatred for Batman.

JoeChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: Don't bother arguing with this guy his opinion will not change just agree to disagree. Plus he seems to have a weird hatred for Batman.

I just joined this site, I have looked at maybe 10 threads, yet this was enough for me to notice the same thing.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jack Donaghy

Exactly, trust me I know from experience the guy for some strange reason has a STRONG hatred towards Batman. I can understand not liking a certain character but he legit hates him but strangely talks about him more than most Batman fans do. Plus he seems obsessed with talking about Batwanking, you can't keep that guy from saying that word. He conveniently doesn't seem to talk about any other character who is "wanked" to or has PIS moments, nope only Batman's PIS moments are bad and worth complaining about.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By russellmania77

@deaditegonzo: I love how you said batman is the least interesting characters but yet his comics are one of the top selling and that includes all superman comics out right now