• 83 results
reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/grant-morrison-no-new-robin.html

My first inclination was "go away Mr. Morrison, you've gotten too weird and people have moved on from your self-absorbed storytelling." After further consideration though, I kind of agree with him and wish that Batman would remain solo for a while.

I don't think it can be done properly though without canceling out much of the greater bat family. Furthermore, Bats would need to cut down on all these social visits he makes in other books. Also, nix his JLA membership (it's not like Johns understands him anyway). If Batman is truly angry over Damian's fall and wants to do the solo thing, there should be no half-assing it.

Seeing as that won't happen (the other bat titles sell too well, and DC won't cut down on his appearances), you might as well give the Batman another Robin.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Yeah, I agree with Morrison on this (just as I generally agree with him about everything.)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I think the same way.This was the last showing that there shouldn't be another Robin.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I said it once and ill say it again: if bruce chooses another robin after damian's death, he's definitely nuts

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I think the same way.This was the last showing that there shouldn't be another Robin.

Honestly, as deep as Morrison's often writing goes, he might have created Damien so that he could kill him, and support the point.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@stormbox said:

I said it once and ill say it again: if bruce chooses another robin after damian's death, he's definitely nuts

Hasn't he always been?

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

@tdk_1997 said:

Honestly, as deep as Morrison's often writing goes, he might have created Damien so that he could kill him, and support the point.

I was under the impression that he always planned to kill off Damian...whether it was planned for him to become Robin from the start, I'm not so sure.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Morrison's first intention was to kill Damian during his first years.Right after the story Batman and Son but he had a change of mind and thought that now is the best time for it to happen.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormbox said:

Hasn't he always been?

Id say his insanity has been in question but this would be the final nail in the crazy coffin

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@kal_smahboi said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Morrison's first intention was to kill Damian during his first years.Right after the story Batman and Son but he had a change of mind and thought that now is the best time for it to happen.

Oh, good to know. I wasn't aware of that.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormbox said:

@akindoodle said:

@stormbox said:

Hasn't he always been?

Id say his insanity has been in question but this would be the final nail in the crazy coffin

Nope. He's always been "batsh*t" crazy to me. Choosing another Robin would simply reaffirm and not confirm it

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@kal_smahboi said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Oh, good to know. I wasn't aware of that.

And he said that he is not going to get him back ever but I kinda think that in a year or maybe two or more Damian will come back from the dead.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

go away Mr. Morrison, you've gotten too weird andpeople have moved on from your self-absorbed storytelling.

LOL no.

BB

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kal'smahboi

@tdk_1997: I really hope that he doesn't. I know that this is my idealism showing, but I had really hoped that what DC said after Blackest Night would stay true; that dead means dead, and that they would take death more seriously in the future.

@billy_batson said:

go away Mr. Morrison, you've gotten too weird andpeople have moved on from your self-absorbed storytelling.

LOL no.

BB

I really wanted to say this, but I didn't want to make this a Morrison vs Anti-Morrison thread haha

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi: Yeah,me too.As much as I love him I really think he should stay dead because the impact that way on Bruce is too big and it is always interesting to see him in pain.And also if he is going to be brought back it should be by the guy who created him and killed him,MR. GRANT MORRISON!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi:

Heh. There's a place for opinions and facts. Morrison is the most popular writer currently writing and saying that people have moved on from his storytelling is just false.

BB

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I agree

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first inclination was "go away Mr. Morrison, you've gotten too weird and people have moved on from your self-absorbed storytelling."

Should I take your words like you didn't like his Batman stories and like Snyder?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morrison is completely right. Also that girl robin from the dark knight returns is just so freaking annoying good thing she's not in the new 52...oh wait NNNOOOOOOOOOPOOOP

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Morrison is completely right. Also that girl robin from the dark knight returns is just so freaking annoying good thing she's not in the new 52...oh wait NNNOOOOOOOOOPOOOP

We still have to wait to see what will happen.I don't really think that she will be the new Robin.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlackReaper

It would be pretty messed up to replace his own son like that.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Same with pretty much everybody, not only is it a bad idea to have a new Robin immediately after Damian died, but it's a really bad idea to use Frank Miller's alternate future robin. I mean, why would they do that? Why couldn't they bring Cassie or Stephanie in? I mean, this is the perfect opportunity for Cassie. And if they really don't want to bring the old Robins in, why wouldn't they create a new character? Why doesn't anyone bring in new ideas?!?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By the_tree

I agree with him. Damian was the be all end all to the Robin mantle, and to replace him would feel almost disrespectful. Not to mention it'd make Batman seem like an idiot for taking up yet another kid and putting their life in danger.

The only way I'd really want Robin to be around after these events is if Damian is brought back to life.

thejman250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thejman250

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/grant-morrison-no-new-robin.html

My first inclination was "go away Mr. Morrison, you've gotten too weird and people have moved on from your self-absorbed storytelling." After further consideration though, I kind of agree with him and wish that Batman would remain solo for a while.

I don't think it can be done properly though without canceling out much of the greater bat family. Furthermore, Bats would need to cut down on all these social visits he makes in other books. Also, nix his JLA membership (it's not like Johns understands him anyway). If Batman is truly angry over Damian's fall and wants to do the solo thing, there should be no half-assing it.

Seeing as that won't happen (the other bat titles sell too well, and DC won't cut down on his appearances), you might as well give the Batman another Robin.

- Good lord, i actually agree with Grant Morrison!!!

- This is the day the Good Lord has made....

thejman250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormbox said:

- I believe that he's pretty much nuts already in more ways than one.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By reignmaker

@billy_batson said:

@kal_smahboi:

Heh. There's a place for opinions and facts. Morrison is the most popular writer currently writing and saying that people have moved on from his storytelling is just false.

BB

He might be the most well-known. But if he was the most popular or most well-regarded his sales numbers would show it.

He hasn't written anything since All-Star Superman worth reading. Just my opinion, but I know I'm not alone.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HushoftheWind

i hate that they still shoehorn bruce with a sidekick when all the other heroes drop that idea way of thinking ie Captain America, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Wolverine etc. Just let the man team up with his past Robins and no more. There has been enough Robins in the Bat nest already.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@tdk_1997 said:

This. And I want things to be just Nightwing and Batman around Gotham like the way they were.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Batman gets a new Robin.

I hope he gets FOUR new Robins (two girls, two boys).

I hope they form a pop band in their spare time and have wacky adventures with Ace the Bat-hound, Bat-Mite, and the Harlem Globetrotters.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Batman doesn't need anymore Robins. Losing Jason was one thing, but now he's actually lost his biological son this time around.

Needless to say, replacing Damian at all would be a huge slap in the face to many fans and it would make Bruce seem like an insensitive jackass.

I always think Batman works better on his own IMO.

thejman250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL no.

BB

- Way to put down and opinion as if yours is a fact. How Cute.

thejman250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

I agree with him. Damian was the be all end all to the Robin mantle, and to replace him would feel almost disrespectful. Not to mention it'd make Batman seem like an idiot for taking up yet another kid and putting their life in danger.

The only way I'd really want Robin to be around after these events is if Damian is brought back to life.

- This basically.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

This. And I want things to be just Nightwing and Batman around Gotham like the way they were.

That will be the best thing to happen but it's always good to see Tim team-up with Bruce.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Billy Batson

@reignmaker said:

He might be the most well-known. But if he was the most popular or most well-regarded his sales numbers would show it.

Well I doubt that they would put out deluxe editions, omnibuses, absolutes and other what nots for something that wouldn't sell.

BB

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with him!

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

Furthermore, Bats would need to cut down on all these social visits he makes in other books. Also, nix his JLA membership (it's not like Johns understands him anyway). If Batman is truly angry over Damian's fall and wants to do the solo thing, there should be no half-assing it.

I agree you & Morrison, but Morrison shouldn't have killed Damian in the first place.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Gonna have to disagree. My vision of Batman is that he needs a Robin. Not right away. And not Carrie Kelly or Harper Row. But someday Bruce will need to find a new Robin.

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mah man grant !

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reignmaker said:
Furthermore, Bats would need to cut down on all these social visits he makes in other books. Also, nix his JLA membership (it's not like Johns understands him anyway). If Batman is truly angry over Damian's fall and wants to do the solo thing, there should be no half-assing it.

I agree you & Morrison, but Morrison shouldn't have killed Damian in the first place.

Yeah, I'm still angry that it happened. Especially since I wasn't really following Batman Inc. anyway.

nightwing89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Morrison fan, and he should not have killed Damian. But there shouldn't be a Robin for some time after this.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He hasn't written anything since All-Star Superman worth reading. Just my opinion, but I know I'm not alone.

Why didn't you like any other stories from him?

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman doesn't need anymore Robins. Losing Jason was one thing, but now he's actually lost his biological son this time around.

Needless to say, replacing Damian at all would be a huge slap in the face to many fans and it would make Bruce seem like an insensitive jackass.

I always think Batman works better on his own IMO.

Snyder is trying to shoehorn harper

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@reignmaker said:

I just feel like he's become obsessed with reviving obscure forgotten concepts, and he's more concerned with being weird than actually being good. Some of my favorite stuff is his older works, but he's slowly turned me off.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@reignmaker said:

I just feel like he's become obsessed with reviving obscure forgotten concepts, and he's more concerned with being weird than actually being good. Some of my favorite stuff is his older works, but he's slowly turned me off.

Well that is kinda his kind of telling the story.By being weird he is being himself.He likes to revive old stories and most of the time he gets the best out of them.They actually have great potential and a great example is his run on Batman.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, there's not really a legitimate story-telling reason for Batman to ever end up with a new Robin. His son died. There is no higher form of wake-up call. The sort of things Batman does are not games for children, no matter how formidable or well trained. If Batman can't figure out that lesson from this whole ordeal, then what was the point?

Some might think that in that case Robin should be an adult, but Robin is specifically a child character. He is The Boy Wonder. It defeats the purpose of having a Robin.

The only reason for there to ever be another Robin is because some folks think there ought to be a Robin, but that's not legitimate story-telling. That's just a desire for things to not change.

Maybe there can be a different Batman title in a different Gotham where things are less horrific, an all-ages approach to Batman. That would be a world that accommodates a Robin. But the world of Batman as it is-- where Damian is dead and guys like James Gordon Jr. are running around-- doesn't have a place for the Boy Wonder.

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@reignmaker said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@reignmaker said:

Well that is kinda his kind of telling the story.By being weird he is being himself.He likes to revive old stories and most of the time he gets the best out of them.They actually have great potential and a great example is his run on Batman.

I agree

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the only one that belive Tim Drak should had been the last Robin.

I mean there was no point in keep Robin after the fact he still calls himself in someway Robin.

Grant Morrison as Batman writter is by far better that Alan Moore and he enjoys his job more, he just needs tto leave the past on the past.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite my criticism of Damian's death, I do agree with him on this point. I mean maybe in time but to take a new Robin in the next year would just be downright unrealistic.

However, I am glad to hear this:

He even told Newsarama that it's possible Damian will be brought back to life after he leaves Batman Inc.

"That wouldn't bother me at all, if it was done well and if someone really had a good idea for it," he said of Damian's potential for resurrection. "But I don't imagine that's going to happen for awhile. It's certainly not going to happen in my story. So all the people that are hoping for a happy ending for Damian can forget it. But other writers? That kind of thing is beyond my control and beyond the scope of my story. There are always possibilities."

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@reignmaker said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@reignmaker said:

Yes, I know that's his way. At least it is now. I didn't like his run on Batman.