GOTHAM TV Series:Gordon on The Death Of the Parents?

• 55 results
PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By PunyParker

Some possible new details about Fox's Gotham pilot have emerged, and it sounds as if we should expect to see Detective Jim Gordon investigating the death of Thomas and Martha Wayne! The report also indicates that Solomon Grundy is indeed coming to Arrow...

According to Bleeding Cool, their source at Warner Bros. tells them that, "the pilot script for GOTHAM has Detective Jim Gordon trying to solve a very famous double homicide." For some reason, they go on to quote Gordon's line about The Joker and a double homicide from the end of Batman Begins, but that very much seems like a case of putting two and two together and coming up with five in this instance. It instead seems far more likely that the series will focus on a younger Gordon, starting the series with him investigating the death of Thomas and Martha Wayne. This would help keep Batman out of the equation and give the team behind the series a whole lot more freedom. A recent press release recently confirmed Cyrus Gold for Arrow, but the site also teases an actual appearance from Solomon Grundy too in the CW series!

Read more at

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90822#fYABYlrx6LxAGEI9.99

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

This would interesting especially since you could mention Batman/Bruce Wayne without seeing him. But can Arrow seriously leave Batman's world alone seriously, Solomon Grundy needs to be on a movie screen pronto!

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i hope the Gotham show isnt part of the nolanverse and stays away from supervillians or at the very least just hints at them. It would be awsome to have to have the show just be Gordan, Harvey, Renee being the only good cops in gotham fighting the against the evil of gotham and that the enemies they face be the Falcone Family and other the mob families. thou iam worried that it will just be like all the other generic cop shows on TV

Arrow continues to confuse me why bother setting up this grity semi-realistic world if your just going to add characters like Flash and Grundy that would be like if the last villian in the nolan movies was Planet Master

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really like this idea.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@lyrafay said:

This would interesting especially since you could mention Batman/Bruce Wayne without seeing him. But can Arrow seriously leave Batman's world alone seriously, Solomon Grundy needs to be on a movie screen pronto!

I give it 5 minutes until an arrow fan find you say this and goes nute because you say Arrow should be about a guy called Green Arrow.

Not a lesser TDK trilogy.

I just hope this means a Multiverse and not that Arrow is going to be part of the Cineamitc Universe.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: which one?

Gordon investigating Martha and Thomas Wayne's death. I'm not so confident with Arrow going into more supernatural territory.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordoftheNorth
Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the people of Arrow on Drugs? Super soldier serum ok, Solomon Grundy, the zombie, not ok

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the people of Arrow on Drugs? Super soldier serum ok, Solomon Grundy, the zombie, not ok

Do they even have a high enough budget to pull that off?

I wonder what direction they're going to go with the Wayne murders. Is Gordon trying to solve the recent murder of the Waynes or is he a new cop trying to make a name for himself by solving a famous case gone cold?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Black_Arrow

@dctv3363 said:

@black_arrow said:

Do they even have a high enough budget to pull that off?

I wonder what direction they're going to go with the Wayne murders. Is Gordon trying to solve the recent murder of the Waynes or is he a new cop trying to make a name for himself by solving a famous case gone cold?

Don't think so, I would love if super powered people (more powerful than Slade) can stay far from this show, I don't want the cheesy effects of Smallville.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: cant wait for flash that shit is going to be funny as hell

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: They could pull off Super-Speed in the 90's with moderate success on a TV budget. Shouldn't look too bad, unless they have an even worse budget than I thought.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: well its the CW so it can look really silly or just meh

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guys from Arrow notice The Walking Death was popular.

Good for them, now they should notice Nolan Batman is over and start making something fresh with Green Arrow.

Also, how is Flash ok, but a Zombie dont?

Resident Evil style Grundy could work.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good for them, now they should notice Nolan Batman is over and start making something fresh with Green Arrow.

Flash is not suppose to appear on the actual show just Barry Allen.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

So i change it, how is Deathstroke Ok and a Zombie dont.

Super soldier serum is pretty much the same that a Zombie Virus.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

So i change it, how is Deathstroke Ok and a Zombie dont.

Because during World war 2 I can believe that they were doing a Super soldier serum but Zombies seem way out of reality and a Zombie virus is not really a zombie at all, it is a infected ( not what Solomon Grundy is).

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

So i change it, how is eathstroke Ok and a Zombie dont.

Because during World war 2 I can believe that they were doing a Super soldier serum but Zombies seem way out of reality and a Zombie virus is not really a zombie at all, it is a infected ( not what Solomon Grundy is).

Grundy can talk, so i dont think he counts as a zombie, besides people forget he was a Green Lantern villain.

Alan Scott, but still, since the relationship of Green Arrow and Green Lantern, this at least make some sense.

Besides he has healing powers, he could be a super soldier gone wrong.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Black_Arrow

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Grundy can talk, so i dont think he counts as a zombie, besides people forget he was a Green Lantern villain.

Alan Scott, but still, since the relationship of Green Arrow and Green Lantern, this at least make some sense.

A zombie is a undead if they can talk or not it doesn't determine if he is a zombie. I know what you are saying He could be a failed experiment , but if you are going to change a character that much just left him out of this.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

A zombie is a undead if they can talk or not it doesn't determine if he is a zombie. I know what you are saying He could be a failed experiment , but if you are going to change a character that much just left him out of this.

Say that to the guy that made Vertigo a poor mans version of the Scarecrow.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RustyRoy

cool

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Black_Arrow

@jldoom:

@black_arrow said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Say that to the guy that made Vertigo a poor mans version of the Scarecrow.

I don't like Count Vertigo either but we don't need to add more people like him ( I love that they kill him)

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Arrow is doing the same that Smallville bring character and change them to fit their universe, Deathstroke is not going to be comic book Deathstroke like many people look to belive, look what they did to Deadshot, Tommy Merlyn was pretty much Batman, the time they talk about his origin they make him sound like if he was Batman.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Black_Arrow

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@black_arrow: Arrow is doing the same that Smallville bring character and change them to fit their universe, Deathstroke is not going to be comic book Deathstroke like many people look to belive, look what they did to Deadshot, Tommy Merlyn was pretty much Batman, the time they talk about his origin they make him sound like if he was Batman.

I have hope on Deathstroke and The basics of Deadshot are there. Oliver origin had nothing to do with Batman but I do agree that when he is in the city he can sound like Batman but has many elements that distinguished him.

Also in my opinion the new characters that they put in the show tend to be the best (Diggle)

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I have hope on Deathstroke and The basics of Deadshot are there. Oliver origin had nothing to do with Batman but I do agree that when he is in the city he can sound like Batman but has many elements that distinguished him.

I said Tommy.

Arrow bring back Green Arrow at his Batman roots, the main problem is that they decide to take Nolan Batman to do this.

Vertigo was the Scarecrow, Dinah is Rachel Dawes, the computer gil is Lucius Fox, the main problem is that they don have the budget and Nolan to keep this thing going.

Deadshot is not remotly as good as he could be, Vertigo was screwed to the point of no return, so i dont understan why people goes nuts of this show having zombies, they used TDK trilogy as much as they can for being popular, using zombies make sense since those are popular too.

Besides it force the show to go into another direction, to be original.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Black_Arrow

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I said Tommy.

Arrow bring back Green Arrow at his Batman roots, the main problem is that they decide to take Nolan Batman to do this.

Vertigo was the Scarecrow, Dinah is Rachel Dawes, the computer gil is Lucius Fox, the main problem is that they don have the budget and Nolan to keep this thing going.

Deadshot is not remotly as good as he could be, Vertigo was screwed to the point of no return, so i dont understan why people goes nuts of this show having zombies, they used TDK trilogy as much as they can for being popular, using zombies make sense since those are popular too.

Besides it force the show to go into another direction, to be original.

I can make comparisons of everything with anything that doesn't make something worse (Captain Marvel and Superman i can see many things that they shared). Super heroes tend to use the same Clichés. You don't hate Batman (I believe) and he uses things that both The Shadow, Zorro and The Bat had established because they were popular at the time, so you are saying the writers of Batman should add things that don't make sense because they are popular at the time . The most important thing is how the use this characters and people who are less Cliche to make a good story.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: The problem is not they take him as base, they got back at the time Green Arrow wasnt his own man.

Beisdes the fact tey take everything they can from the TDK Trilogy

@lyrafay said:

Now if you've seen my blog, you know I wrote a blog post about Arrow not being Green Arrow.

However after seeing what is actually is happening with the show, its becoming more like The Dark Knight Trilogy fan fiction:

• It's realistic style in the style of Nolan but looks rather cheap about this.
  • The island flashbacks play linearly like both TDKT and Man of Steel.
  • Deathstroke basically plays Liam Neeson's role
  • Dinah Laurel Lance aka The Black Canary is playing the Rachel Dawes role unfortunately.
  • Diggle is a mix of Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox and Michael Caine's Alfred.
  • The whole hostage situation on Christmas Eve plays exactly like Joker's various hostage scenarios in The Dark Knight particularly the one at the end.
  • The copycat archers is exactly like the beginning of The Dark Knight with Batman jumping in to one of his copycats.
  • Oliver is basically brooding which is odd because in the comics, he mocks Bruce about this.
  • The Earthquake/City wide destruction is basically Bane/League of Shadows/assassins in TDKR which in turns is based on two Batman comic story lines.
  • Count Vertigo is an exact copy of Cillan Murphy's Scarecrow particularly because he acts creepily which Murphy did so well but here its a bit dull.
  • He uses an funny voice.
  • The League of Assassins/Ra's Al Ghul mentioned which is odd.
  • Black Canary kills and almost echoes Nolan's Catwoman and Sin is basically Holly Robinson

Add anything else. But Green Arrow deserves to have his own voice not a simple copy of Nolan's Batman because Green Arrow has always been funnier, social-political and quick-witted. Basically he shouldn't be reverted back to being the 1950s knock-off he once was.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Look how all of those have lines that make them look like Anne Hathaway Catwoman mask.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Joker gets changed to his roots you dont care, Green Arrow gets back to his roots you lost your mind. Also the comparisons with masks are dumb, you can say that they all copy the specter Also those characters have used that type of mask in their story. I even think that Black Canary used a domino mask before Catwoman so the last one is coping from her. When did the flashbacks in Man of Steel were linear? and why do we even care about that Man of Steel was released after Arrow. Because you are treating every detail as something important, I will go and say you that the Flashback were not linear in Batman begins because when Scarecrow put him on fear toxin he remembered all the time he had fear in a non linear order. Tell me how do you even compare no mans land with these, the only thing in common is the destruction. Deathstroke and Ras al ghul only have in common badassery and awesome beard, How does Slade teach Oliver about, controlling his fear and his anger to use it against crime?, this seems more what they are trying to do with Shado but not Slade. Realistic? Can someone teach me how to shoot a grenade from a grenade launcher with an arrow or How to survive without any Kevlar?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Sorry but they turned deadshot competely different character

Comics-Deadshot is the man who never misses, his focus being a sniper becuase after the random shooting of his family he wants every shot to count. but deadshot is also suicidual so he pushes himself to do harder and harder shots thus putting his life in danger. Until Batman comes along and becomes the first to make deadshot miss thus starting life long mission to killl batman or die trying

Arrow-Deadshot is a generic assassin that uses poison on bullets and tattoes his victims names into his body and is just an ok sniper..where are the basic of deadshot again

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Black_Arrow

@lordofthenorth said:

@black_arrow: Sorry but they turned deadshot competely different character

Comics-Deadshot is the man who never misses, his focus being a sniper becuase after the random shooting of his family he wants every shot to count. but deadshot is also suicidual so he pushes himself to do harder and harder shots thus putting his life in danger. Until Batman comes along and becomes the first to make deadshot miss thus starting life long mission to killl batman or die trying

Arrow-Deadshot is a generic assassin that uses poison on bullets and tattoes his victims names into his body and is just an ok sniper..where are the basic of deadshot again

First he hasn't had any development yet so we don't know what is his origin and he in this universe is suppose to be one of the most deadliest assassins, like deadshot in comics, it is not my problem if in the series they have low standards of what is suppose to be a great assassin . Also there is going to be more development to his character, so we will have to wait and see.

Also most of the characters arent as good as they are in the comics that doesnt make a different character. With Solomon Grundy the most likely explanation is that he is a failed super soldier experiment or an infected, that changes completely who he is because it has no similarities with the counter part of the comics.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Black_Arrow

I JUST RELEASE SOMETHING Solomon Grundy has already appear. In the last episode When Brother Blood injected someone and survived he called him Brother Cyrus and in comics the real name of Solomon Grundy is Cyrus Gold.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: well they say his a top assassin but he hasnt done anything impressive and Deadshot has been in like four eps so iam not holding my breath for any charcter devoplement

Super soldier on CW...thats makes sence it will most likely be just a rehash of their beauty and the beast show

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PunyParker

Do you think we could see a Batfleck in this,after the movie?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think we could see a Batfleck in this,after the movie?

no

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: The Joker was bring back to his roots, the idea that he had no origin or reason to do things.

Green Arrow roots are others, its bizarre how much the show takes from Nolan play book, with Batman was ok because this was an original and fresh idea, now we have see this, there is no point in doing it with another character.

Green Arrow root are Golden Age Comic Book Batman, Not Nolan Batman.

Another thing the devil is in the details, the details is what make something from generic to a master piece, details is waht make you another human and what makes a difference.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By consolemaster001

Cool !

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: The Joker was bring back to his roots, the idea that he had no origin or reason to do things.

Green Arrow roots are others, its bizarre how much the show takes from Nolan play book, with Batman was ok because this was an original and fresh idea, now we have see this, there is no point in doing it with another character.

Green Arrow root are Golden Age Comic Book Batman, Not Nolan Batman.

Another thing the devil is in the details, the details is what make something from generic to a master piece, details is waht make you another human and what makes a difference.

"Something is a master piece when it can told a known story and it amazes the public again"- Aristoteles

Yes it has details that are similar but it doesn't take away that is a good story or not if it is original.

Also during the first season he didn't care about the life of his enemies and he thought that It was ok to killed them as Batman in golden age did.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: "Beauty without intelligence is a masterpiece"- DeathpooltheT1000

Batman in the golden age killed everybody, Arrow only kills poor people, taking this guy is set to be left wing liberal Green Arrow, it backfires.

This is called use Batman to sell, they do this with MOS 2 adn all the time.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Black_Arrow

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@black_arrow: "Beauty without intelligence is a masterpiece"- DeathpooltheT1000

Batman in the golden age killed everybody, Arrow only kills poor people, taking this guy is set to be left wing liberal Green Arrow, it backfires.

This is called use Batman to sell, they do this with MOS 2 adn all the time.

your quote doesn't make any sense and you don't know how to use quotes, you can only use them when you are referring to someone else.

In Golden age Batman didnt kill everyone, for his appearances he did it as many times as Arrow.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: He didnt target people for being goons and then go and let the boss live.

This that arrow does.

The quote was a joke.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: He didnt target people for being goons and then go and let the boss live.

This that arrow does.

The quote was a joke.

I know it was a joke but details are what truly matters right.

"Another thing the devil is in the details, the details is what make something from generic to a master piece, details is waht make you another human and what makes a difference." - DeathpooltheT1000.

He kill some of the bosses but yeah the times he didn't it felt wrong

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

This that arrow does.

The quote was a joke.

"Another thing the devil is in the details, the details is what make something from generic to a master piece, details is waht make you another human and what makes a difference." - DeathpooltheT1000.

Yeah, but when you show deal with having the problem of people notice what is going on, it means is not paying attention to the show.

People didnt notice Nolan take thing from Donner Superman.

It changed details to change the game and make it his own.

Star Wars takes from Kurosawa and its is own thing, its obvious you cant notice as long as you watch it and it never take you out to think you already saw it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@lyrafay: Grundy is more of an everybody villain. Hes gone up against damn near every a and b list hero in DC from Superman to Swamp Thing.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

This that arrow does.

The quote was a joke.

Yeah, but when you show deal with having the problem of people notice what is going on, it means is not paying attention to the show.

Star Wars takes from Kurosawa and its is own thing, its obvious you cant notice as long as you watch it and it never take you out to think you already saw it.

Agree but that was more a problem of the first episodes.

First you don't notice the thing with Donner unless you have that movie in your mind. Also barely inspired never takes originality of anything because every thought we have is barely inspired of something.

If it is original it doesn't mean it is good.

I think that we derailed this thread too much.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@black_arrow said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

This that arrow does.

The quote was a joke.

Agree but that was more a problem of the first episodes.

First you don't notice the thing with Donner unless you have that movie in your mind. Also barely inspired never takes originality of anything because every thought we have is barely inspired of something.

If it is original it doesn't mean it is good.

I think that we derailed this thread too much.

No Caption Provided

Hehehe...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthenorth: @lyrafay: @deathpoolthet1000: @black_arrow:

Casting Call For Young Bruce Wayne In New GOTHAM Television Series

'Tis the Season for casting calls, as next year's new crop of pilots will begin to emerge. One such new show, is Fox's planned Gotham television series. It will tell the origin story of Commissioner James Gordon, and according to Bleeding Cool the first episode will focus on Gordon trying to solve, Thomas and Martha Wayne's murder. And today, Feature Film Castinghas posted a casting call for the show that adds some credibility to that recent rumor.

A 10-year-old Bruce Wayne is among the roles that are now being cast as series regulars on the upcoming Fox TV series "Gotham" which explores the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham City famous. Shooting on the pilot episode will get underway in March, 2014 and will center on Gotham City PD rookie homicide detective James Gordon who investigates the double murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne.
- Feature Film Casting