• 168 results
#151 Posted by leah8954 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

The timeline doesn't really make any sense. Riddler is late 20s early 30s, Bruce is 8, Catwoman is a teenager? So I guess when Bruce becomes Batman his villains are going be up in their 50s and 60s? Yeah..ok.. that's a mess.

But I was never one for prequels anyway.

#152 Posted by Figgs216 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

We're never going to get a real Batman show. Not anymore, now Batman is only going to be on the big screen.

#153 Posted by desmond006 (599 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty good

#154 Posted by Plogty (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this looks surprisingly good.

#155 Edited by NightFang (10367 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewalkingdeadpool18 said:

@nightfang:

I'm going to ask you to cool it with the fanboying you ok with that?

The trailer was ok some things look good in the trailer like a lot of the acting but already i can tell you stuff from this trailer that you know will suck like Ivy. Problem with the show now since we don't actually know the quality of the show is the fact that it's its own thing. Not connected to the DCCU.....Not connected to Arrow.....why the?

Calling it right now through the show Ivy will have no powers she will just be the weird girl around town who talks to plants...

How i'm I "fanboying"?

Poison Ivy is a child in the show and well probably be in 1 or maybe3 (If there's a story arc for her.) episode(s) and probably won't have any powers. So what's wrong with that?

Arrow just killed of two of Batman's villains and if the show was set in the Arrow universe than they chouldn't keep using Bat's villains.

#156 Posted by Atary77 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but, I just can't care for prequel stuff like this. Why do I care about Gotham City? Because Batman, the Joker, Two-Face, and many others are running amock in it. So cut all that out and what am I left with? Boring crime drama. Don't get me wrong it could be GOOD crime drama if written well, directed properly, and features talented actors.

BUT that dosen't feature any of the stuff I like about the setting of Gotham City! There's no "super" aspect to it! IT's the same reason I couldn't give a crap about Smallville. It was Superman reduced to teen drama with little super power display and no colorful costumes. Because no super powers and no costumes are much easier to film and easy on production budgets.

The whole idea of "See what things were like before the super heroes showed up!" ,but... The super heroes are what I love! That's what I want! I love the stuff I love. To further illustrate my thoughts on this, I present you the following clip from one of my favorite comedians Mr. Patton Oswalt. In the clip, Patton gives his thoughts on the making of the Star Wars prequels and why prequels themselves can be down right boring.

My thoughts in a nutshell.

#157 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4779 posts) - - Show Bio

It might be interesting.

#158 Posted by EmperorJosh (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything about this looks incorrect, cheesy, and unnecessary..

#159 Edited by thewalkingdeadpool18 (405 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightfang:

That's pretty stupid reasoning don't put it in the universe just because they killed Firefly? If that was their logic behind it they would be complete idiots well it's Fox so that's not too far off for them. Arrow did not kill anything close to a major Batman villian. I'm actually trying to think who the second Batman villian they killed is because they didn't kill DS or Deadshot yet plus they are not Batman villians they're DCCU villians. If they wanted to use Firefly they could use another not only am i pretty sure there's been more then one Firefly now they can use an actual Firefly not some firefighter with a grudge that doesn't make much sense. There's absolutly not good reason to not have this take place in the Arrow universe it's like the concept of a shared universe scares DC. There is no good reason to not put it in the Arrow universe it's just their dumb mistake. The fact that you weren't even able to give a good reason and just brought up 2 minor villians dead which can easily be worked around if they chose to use them again.

As for your fanboying....you have like over 5 comments just replying to anyone that has a complaint or even making a joke making a big fanboying deal over this show that you haven't even seen yet that's probbably going to get cancelled before it gets a second season because it's Fox. You are a fanboy to the max.

As for Ivy. We know nothing about her part in the show. If the series never gets cancelled she could end up in over 30 episodes over the shows run for all you know. So that arc or 3 episodes is just you pulling crap out of your butt. Regardless if she's only in an episode or two how that that retract from my comment at all that she's just going to be the weird girl that talks to plants? That's pretty stupid no matter the part in the show. Hmmmm girl who controls plants and can make them kill or weird outcast girl who talks to them which is better?

#160 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6741 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like it so far

#161 Posted by NightFang (10367 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightfang:

That's pretty stupid reasoning don't put it in the universe just because they killed Firefly? If that was their logic behind it they would be complete idiots well it's Fox so that's not too far off for them. Arrow did not kill anything close to a major Batman villain. I'm actually trying to think who the second Batman villain they killed is because they didn't kill DS or Deadshot yet plus they are not Batman villains they're DCCU villains. If they wanted to use Firefly they could use another not only am i pretty sure there's been more than one Firefly now they can use an actual Firefly not some firefighter with a grudge that doesn't make much sense. There's absolutely no good reason to not have this take place in the Arrow universe it's like the concept of a shared universe scares DC. There is no good reason to not put it in the Arrow universe it's just their dumb mistake. The fact that you weren't even able to give a good reason and just brought up 2 minor villains dead which can easily be worked around if they chose to use them again.

As for your fanboying....you have like over 5 comments just replying to anyone that has a complaint or even making a joke making a big fanboying deal over this show that you haven't even seen yet that's probably going to get cancelled before it gets a second season because it's Fox. You are a fanboy to the max.

As for Ivy. We know nothing about her part in the show. If the series never gets cancelled she could end up in over 30 episodes over the shows run for all you know. So that arc or 3 episodes is just you pulling crap out of your butt. Regardless if she's only in an episode or two how that that retract from my comment at all that she's just going to be the weird girl that talks to plants? That's pretty stupid no matter the part in the show. Hmmmm girl who controls plants and can make them kill or weird outcast girl who talks to them which is better?

The 2nd Batman villain they killed was Dollmaker and having another villain call themselves firefly would be silly sense he would have no real connection to the first.

If you think that's fanboying than you haven't been on the net that long.

Nothing in the trailer showed superpowers. For all we know Ivy could be in one episode and that's it.

#162 Posted by hyperman (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. Great casting for Selina Kyle there.

I totally agree!!

#163 Posted by comicace3 (7032 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm.... Seems legit.

#164 Posted by XsPectre28 (741 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant wait, an Origins Show that shows more insight as to how there characters become who they were. no batman... i can deal with that because this shows how he became batman, the choices and everything that led him down his path as well as catwoman, Gordon and others... cant wait

#165 Posted by THORSON (2565 posts) - - Show Bio

should have given this slot to a female hero or anti hero.

#166 Posted by myerlanski (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

Im hip...

#167 Posted by brenster21 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish they did it when bruce was starting out as batman and the first season could be year one.

#168 Edited by Divine_Disorder (126 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's anything like Gotham Central, it could be great. I miss the 'stache too, though. That's like Gordon's trademark. Batman has his mask, Gordon has his stache. That's just how it is. But the show seems worth a shot. I'm in.

#169 Posted by ArcadiaExeter (56 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks terrible. apparently fox has never seen this bit from Patton Oswalt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Zmuoze65U

#170 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (5226 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems promising

#171 Posted by ShadowPro (1821 posts) - - Show Bio
#172 Posted by LarryAshlynn (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it could be more about Gotham, the dark and corrupt, hopeless cesspool of a city and the young, new, still hopeful cop, future Commish Gordon :)