• 124 results
#1 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

I just needed to get that off my chair. He should be banned from writing About batman

#2 Posted by darkman61288 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I agree 100%. And also Wonder Woman as well.

#3 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2215 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america/4060-31815/forums/dear-geoff-johns-please-take-batman-off-justice-le-745427/#110

Welcome to the community^^

#4 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: Why would dc pick him to write batman's earth one???? Why kit pick mark waid? Or azzarello? Or Anybody that's not Geoff Johns?

#6 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2215 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Because Johns is Chief Creative Officer which means he has power and probably wanted to write Batman for some reason.

#7 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Agreed man, I don't have any problem with a more realistic take on Batman but he butchered his character in EO, that wasn't Bruce Wayne, that was some rich brat who had a name in common with the real Batman. I don't understand why he agreed to do Batman EO, he never liked Bruce. I wish it was Morrison or Waid or anybody else that was writing the book, even Justin Jordan wanted to write Batman, they could've easily given him the chance to write Batman, at least no other writer has a not-so-secret grudge against the character.

#8 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Why couldn't Greg oak write it? From what he's

Written so far in batman/superman he really knows his way around the character. But yeah....Geoff johns is a giant douche for the way he treats batman

#9 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Why would he want to write a character he hates other than to ruin it for the fans of the character? It's a jerk move. I hate silver surfer and I would never write him because I'd jut ruin it for the people that do like him. It's just human decency really

#10 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I haven't actually followed Pak's works but yeah even he would've been better than Johns. Funny thing is Johns JL Batman is better than his EO Batman even though JL Batman most of the time stays in the background and pretty much does nothing useful.

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: EO batman wasnt even batman. I refuse to buy the next volume if it has Johns' name on it. In fact dc should hire a new writer and artist and start over with batman's earth one series. And his JL batman isNEVER in character and has done ZERO to help the team in any way

#12 Posted by Jayc1324 (10003 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike everything he has ever written about batman. Earth One was not a batman story at all. He is the worst batman writer ever.

And I can barely stand what he does on justice league. Just get him out of here

#13 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@rustyroy: EO batman wasnt even batman. I refuse to buy the next volume if it has Johns' name on it. In fact dc should hire a new writer and artist and start over with batman's earth one series. And his JL batman isNEVER in character and has done ZERO to help the team in any way

Completely agree but sadly he's writing the next one too. And I can see why he makes Batman useless in JL but I still don't get why he made WW an angry brute, she's supposed to be wise, compassionate and fierce not angry, and he has written Superman and GL before, how come he isn't writing them well now.

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (38997 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Because Geoff Johns can only write his pet characters (Aquaman, Green Lantern, etc.) well.

#15 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5967 posts) - - Show Bio

He wants Hal to be so great he'd ruin Batman to do it.

#17 Posted by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

Not saying I like Johns' Batman...but why all the beef?

Batman is a mega-dick, and sometimes needs to STFU...I'm a big Batman fan, but I can't stand all the bat-sexual tendencies that he has received in the past 10 years, which is why, in retrospect, the scene written by Johns in Green Lantern: Rebirth #6 - Brightest Day where Batman gets punched is beautiful.

DC =/= Just Batman

#18 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: That scene is crap. There is no conceivable way that Hal Jordan could land a punch on batman much leas knock him down.

#19 Posted by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Sure there is...wielder of the most powerful weapon in the universe versus a mortal.

#20 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl:

1. Since when does the rung make Hal Jordan a better martial artist than btman?

2.he wasn't even using the ring when he punched him. he just straight up walked over and punched him square in the jaw. Batman is one if the smartest people in dc and one of if not the bet martial artist in dc but Hal Jordan is the guy that can land a punch.....yeah right

#21 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: I don't have any problem with the punch, and no ones talking about that scene anyways, I'm even okay with him making Batman useless background character in the JL, that's why I even dropped the title but why would he try to write a Batman OGN when what he's writing isn't Batman or Bruce at all, Alfred isn't Alfred, Bullock isn't Bullock.

#22 Edited by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I quote you when you said "There is no conceivable way that Hal Jordan could land a punch on batman" - which is nonsense. Batman has been punched by far less able people than Hal - with or without his ring. Also considering that Hal has additionally fought with beings far more capable than Batman, such as Ganthet possessed by Parallax in THAT VERY issue, just makes you sound like a fanboy.

Batman has been taking hits from street-level/fodder thugs since 1939...and for you to make note of your outcry that a freakin' Green Lantern joined the "I Punched Batman" Club additionally makes you sound unreasonably bitter.

#23 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: No no no no no. Every showing where a character of lesser skill lands a punch on batman is PIS but the one Hal did is the one on table for discussion so let's not let this balloon into something bigger. And ganthet is more powerful than batman but are you trying to perpetrate that gantlet was using martial arts skill to fight the GLs (of which there were many not just Hal)? Batman being punched by anybody who doesn't have any level if training and preparation close to his is remarkable PIS and should be regarded a such. You think Hal could land a punch on lady shiva? Cassandra Cain? Deathstroke? Daredevil? The list goes on and on. This is NOT a discussion of power it is one of skill. Batman skill>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hal jordan skill and that is fact

#24 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: For goodness sake batman was just schooling a Wayne manor full of talons a little while back but Hal Jordan could have knocked him down where talons that gbe been training for decades could not? That's just Geoff johns hatred for batman coming out in his writing

#25 Edited by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio
@sog7dc said:

@sinestro_gl: Every showing where a character of lesser skill lands a punch on batman is PIS but the one Hal did is the one on table for discussion so let's not let this balloon into something bigger.

You can't pick and choose when it is acceptable to let Batman be punched.

You're saying that because Batman has more martial arts training than Hal, he should not be able to be punched by GL. So why would I not allowed to rebut by saying that Batman has been punched by individuals with less ability than Hal?

You're also missing the context of when that scene occurred. So you really think that a meeting between Hal and Lady Shiva is directly comparable to a meeting between Batman and Hal, who have been allies, and would likely be a hell of a lot less hostile?

...and your last point (in post #24) is for what purpose?

#26 Edited by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns is trying to one up miller with how stupidly bad he can make Batman.

#27 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl:

When batman's martial arts prowess I certainly can pick and choose. Hal landing a punch on batman is like batman drawing blood from superman

Yeah you could. But I'd quickly point out that those instances are PIS As well

#28 Edited by BR_Havoc (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what Batman needs to broken down now. I understand what Morrison wanted to do with Inc even more after reading comments about how Batman could not be punched by Hal. Batman is a man may be well trained and at peak physical and mental conditioning but still he is only a man playing in the world of super humans and borderline gods. This idea that Batman could beat anyone with prep is getting old because you could say that about any hero or villain to beat anyone.

Johns was a good writer but now, I feel most of his new 52 stuff is forced and even he does not have the passion for this new contuniny and he is their go to guy. I guess he can't even perform well with Didio and Lee with all the editors adding dumb ass ideas like making Wonder Woman arm candy or making Batman just a plan douche bag.

#29 Posted by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: That's weak debating. You can't choose when things are acceptable or not. If you accept one instance, then all other occurrences are valid points for discussion.

Your example is also very poor.

You're not discussing the issue at all. What you're doing is saying that your argument is valid because you say so, and you don't like what I say because it isn't the same as yours. There's no point in even continuing this conversation.

#30 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: Unless you lack basic reading comprehension then you would have understood what I was saying. Batman is one of the top martial artists in comics. Hal Jordan is not even close. Therefore Hal landing a punch on batman is akin to something as far-fetched as batman drawing blood from superman. Would you agree with someone if they said Hal Jordan could land a punch on shiva? Iron fist? Karate kid? I doubt you would Unless you have a very lacking understanding of those comics characters. Now would you agree those aforementioned characters could land a punch on batman? Yes I think you would. So to think that Hal could land a punch on Bruce is to equate hal's level of skill with the aforementioned characters. Which is at best a ludicrous and oblivious opinion to have. In other words it's not bad debating.

#31 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

YOU should be banned from makeing pointless spite threads

#32 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: And you should be a little more mature. If don't like a thread you know you can scroll past it right?

#33 Edited by Justthatkid (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@sinestro_gl:

When batman's martial arts prowess I certainly can pick and choose. Hal landing a punch on batman is like batman drawing blood from superman

Yeah you could. But I'd quickly point out that those instances are PIS As well

It's not like Hal beat him repeatably.

#34 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah, lots of hate here. I really like Geoff Johns. He writes two of my favorite books right now (JL and Aquaman) and has written some very good work Pre-52. He MIT just be one of my favorite writers, behind people like Jeph Loeb (for Hush and The Long Halloween) and Scott Snyder (For Batman).

I think he writes Batman fine. His personality (as with Alfred's) was a bit changed in Earth One although it was an alternate universe story, so it made sense. I really liked the book overall, though, and plan on reading the sequel. I think he writes Batman fine in Justice League, although I have only read the first volume so far.

Finally, you shouldn't hate this much on a major writer just because you don't like the way he writes 1 character. You don't like his Batman, that doesn't mean he "sucks" or is a "giant douche."

#35 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I could you could also move past this child like behaviour of I don't like him I'm going to make a thread and say I don't like him.

#36 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@sog7dc: I could you could also move past this child like behaviour of I don't like him I'm going to make a thread and say I don't like him.

It's not childish, that's why forums exist.

Discussion spurred from dislike is just as valid as discussion based on praise.

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

Woah, lots of hate here. I really like Geoff Johns. He writes two of my favorite books right now (JL and Aquaman) and has written some very good work Pre-52. He MIT just be one of my favorite writers, behind people like Jeph Loeb (for Hush and The Long Halloween) and Scott Snyder (For Batman).

I think he writes Batman fine. His personality (as with Alfred's) was a bit changed in Earth One although it was an alternate universe story, so it made sense. I really liked the book overall, though, and plan on reading the sequel. I think he writes Batman fine in Justice League, although I have only read the first volume so far.

Finally, you shouldn't hate this much on a major writer just because you don't like the way he writes 1 character. You don't like his Batman, that doesn't mean he "sucks" or is a "giant douche."

Actually, it does, when he deliberately writes that character into scenarios specifically to mock him.

And Johns hasn't written a good story since Infinite Crisis, and is responsible for most of the things that have led to DC being terrible.

#37 Edited by Squalleon (4198 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Why so much hate for E1 batman?
I think you are missing the point of the alternate universe.If you wanted to read about mainstream BATMAN you should have stayed in the mainstream universe.
I understand that you didn't liked his portrayal but Geoff didn't write the mainstream batman he wrote about an elseworlds batman.
For Geoff's portrayal of the mainstream batman yes, i agree he doesn't get the character but E1 is not mainstream batman and he shouldn't be judge by his standards.

Same with people who judge E1 Superman with mainstream superman in mind

#38 Posted by RisingBean (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I'll address two quick points.These are just my opinions.

1. You don't have to be at a person's level or above to hit them. Had Hal without a ring been able to last a great length of time against Batman in hand to hand, I would understand the bitterness. But for a guy to land a hit? It happens. Otherwise Batman would never get hit by anybody in his own titles and would be useless against anybody who was more then human.

2. As per scrolling past threads, sure we can. But if you and fifty other people are all making "bad" threads guess what is clogging the front page? "Bad" threads. If I go to battles and see three pages of mostly DBZ vs comic what not, I either need to waste my time scrolling to pages beyond or get annoyed and leave the site. So while the idea of this thread doesn't bug me (Jeph Loeb is my absolute number one pick for waste of space) and I personally do not see anything wrong with it the idea that you don't care about other users opinions shows a lack of maturity on your part.

#39 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: Yes because noone ever expresses an opinion in Internet forums. Get out of here with that garbage

#40 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Considering there have been instances where batman reads muscle movements against more trained opponents than Hal and in this particular situation Hal walks over and just swings and hits batman it is in direct conflict with batman's skill level

And I'd agree with your second point if the user in question dint appear on every thread I make complaining. So I am fed up with him/her and care very little about what they have to say as they are always either combative or condescending. So in Hirt I care about urge users' opinions just not his or hers because I've done nothing to them and yet they always show up to complain

#41 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@risingbean: Considering there have been instances where batman reads muscle movements against more trained opponents than Hal and in this particular situation Hal walks over and just swings and hits batman it is in direct conflict with batman's skill level

And I'd agree with your second point if the user in question dint appear on every thread I make complaining. So I am fed up with him/her and care very little about what they have to say as they are always either combative or condescending. So in Hirt I care about urge users' opinions just not his or hers because I've done nothing to them and yet they always show up to complain

You're missing the worst part about the punch, it's not that Hal was able to land one, that's not a big deal, it's why he punched Batman.

Batman was suspicious of Hal Jordan after Hal returned. Bearing in mind that the last time Hal Jordan wore a GL costume, HE TRIED TO UNDO CREATION.

The other reason? Geoff Johns wanted Batman to be the butt of a joke in revenge for something that happened 15 years earlier. It was petty and it achieved nothing, except furthering the stupid theme of Rebirth that "Hal did nothing wrong ever. F*ck you."

#43 Posted by MaccyD (3587 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman being in the background for a title? No, surely we're talking about a different DC.

#44 Posted by sinestro_GL (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@z3ro180: And you should be a little more mature. If don't like a thread you know you can scroll past it right?

Mature?

I voluntarily chose to discuss the topic you presented. You didn't like what I said, and decided to go off into a temper tantrum because a character punched your precious Batman.

#45 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Deliberately puts him in situations to mock him? Other than the members of the league's running joke about "You don't have powers?" in the first volume (which still kinda worked because later on he proved how badass he was by going to Apokalips), I have no idea what you're talking about. I can't think of any other instance of that in any Johns work I've read.

And I love DC Comics at the moment, along with Geoff Johns. His work on Aquaman is phenomenal (at least the first volume is, I haven't bought the second yet).

#46 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

Batman being in the background for a title? No, surely we're talking about a different DC.

This is the problem though. Batman's not in the background, he's the pun in the foreground. It would be much better if he wasn't there. Clearly Johns has been told to put Batman in the JL, and Johns isn't happy about it, so he's acting like the child he is.

#47 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: That comment about maturity wasn't even directed at you. You conviently ignored the one I addresses to you....

#48 Edited by RisingBean (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: It's been some time since I have seen rebirth. As it stands, I understand Batman's in character motivation. "You tried to destroy everything and I should trust you!!?" But I think if Parallax had possessed Hal, then he was a vessel and it wasn't his fault. So I do think he was innocent on that level. It does make for a nice bit of drama. Maybe John's failed to capitalize on it and it seems personal, and if that is the case then it is a bad decision.At any rate if you want to enlighten me as to what Hal did wrong, I would be curious to know. I should also go try to dig up my GL stuff and reread it when I get time.

@sog7dc: Well, I understand your animosity with him then. But do keep in mind when you make threads that we all have to scroll through them. If you think your thread is contributing, then you should contribute. Also onto Hal vs Bruce, skills fail from time to time. Batman may have been sluggish because of a bad chimichanga he had eaten and that is why he was too slow. Maybe he is just human like the rest of us and not the embodiment of perfection in a bat themed costume. Who knows.

Edit: What I should say is I understand how how two posters sometimes get on each others bad sides. I know of a person or two I wouldn't mind having words with. With that said, I do think if you post a thread on a public forum you should expect to see others in the community, even those you may not like getting involved. Best bet is to state your point, let him know you are done speaking to him specifically, let him get the last word if he wants to and move on. Focus your energy on contributing to your thread and let him do what he is going to.

#49 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Aside from Parallax being a terrible plot device that undid years of Hal development, it's biggest problem came from the fact that everyone forgave Hal instantly. People he'd killed were suddenly saying he was great, and Batman's only qualm was that they shouldn't just instantly believe a guy who's telling them that a giant yellow fear bug that conveniently took over him the minute he had a nervous breakdown was the real villain. This would be OK, if Johns didn't write the story as Batman being utterly unfair.

The audience was meant to cheer when Hal decked Bruce, and some did, because they're idiots blinded by Bat-Hate or Jordan-Love, but the fact is that there was absolutely no point in Hal punching Bruce. Add to that the fact that Hal took absolutely no responsibility for what he'd done, yes, it wasn't only his fault, but it was still his body pulling the gun. It was still his breakdown that allowed Parallax to take over.

But in Rebirth, that's ignored, Hal is totally absolved, and what is worse is that even Hal believes that.

A terribly written story.

#50 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Mature?

I voluntarily chose to discuss the topic you presented. You didn't like what I said, and decided to go off into a temper tantrum because a character punched your precious Batman.

No one brought the one punch before you did though, we were discussing something else. But yeah this has gone out of hands but pretty much every hate thread does.

@sog7dc

: Why so much hate for E1 batman?

I think you are missing the point of the alternate universe.If you wanted to read about mainstream BATMAN you should have stayed in the mainstream universe.

I understand that you didn't liked his portrayal but Geoff didn't write the mainstream batman he wrote about an elseworlds batman.

For Geoff's portrayal of the mainstream batman yes, i agree he doesn't get the character but E1 is not mainstream batman and he shouldn't be judge by his standards.

Same with people who judge E1 Superman with mainstream superman in mind

What's the point of naming him Bruce Wayne when he doesn't act like him, it completely feels like a different character in the same situations rather a different take and not only him but also Alfred, Bullock etc. feel entirely different. These are different characters in a same situation rather than same characters in different situations(which is the purpose of Elseworlds)