• 79 results
Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: For a Batman reboot, what villain should appear that hasn't already? (104 votes)

Hush 11%
Black Mask 25%
Hugo Strange 3%
Killer Croc 10%
Mad Hatter 0%
Zsasz 4%
Firefly 2%
Killer Moth 1%
Man-Bat 1%
Clay-Face 7%
Red Hood (Jason Todd) 4%
Professor Pyg 1%
Solomon Grundy 1%
Ventriloquist 1%
Deadshot 3%
Deathstroke 14%
Someone Else (tell me who in the comments if you want) 7%
All of them. 2%
No Batman movies whatsoever. 5%

The question explains everything, and so sorry about that clone thread I accidentally created.

Also sorry if I missed some major villain.

#1 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry I meant to put this under batman.

#2 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7557 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

Your fine. I do that allot too. :P

I really want to say Red Hood, but if they where to reboot it I think that should be saved for a sequel.

I also want to say Hush becuase a friend of mine keeps on going on and on about how cool of a villian he is. But regrettably I haven't read it yet (but I really, really want to). So off this list I'd say Black mask.

Not on this list: Commissioner Loeb.

#3 Edited by War Killer (19942 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, seeing as DC will most likely be rebooting Batman if they choose to make a Justice League movie, I wouldn't mind see Black Mask as the main villain while having B or C-list villains working under him. I feel that Black Mask is underrated and would make a great villain for Batman as he begins his war on crime in Gotham, starting from the top with Mask being the top crime boss in Gotham. On the other hand, I would also like to see Riddler as he would require bringing Batman's detective skills into the movies, which were lacking in Nolan's films, as Batman tries to decode Riddler's riddles.

#4 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: I think Black Mask could work as a major crime boss in Gotham but maybe not the main villain (sorta like he was in under the red hood). The approach of him being the main villain and other villains working for him could work too, as War Killer was saying.

Also, thank you. I thought I was the only Batman fan in existance that hasn't read Hush.

#5 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I also think they should use riddler in a reboot, but he already appeared in Batman Forever.

#6 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse:

you can move it if you want. just click "full edit" and you can move it to the batman board. and to answer ur question i think it should be Hush. challenge batman physically, mentally and emotionally.

#7 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7557 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer:

The Riddler's riddles are easy. The answer's always a "ball point banana"!

Nevermind. Sorry, that was... Just forget I said anything...

EDIT: I totally agree with your post, though. I want to see some of the Dark Knight detective in a movie.

In the comics too.

#8 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

I am insulted that Zsasz is on here and Harley Quinn is not. Picked "Other".

#10 Posted by wolverine1610 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

i would say jason todd, just have little snippets of flash backs showing him as robin and him dying until one final showdown

#11 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11035 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do a reboot, I really do not want it to be an origin story. I am sick of them. We get it. But I would like to see a Clayface movie. It would be cool.

#12 Posted by Rowen545 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree about no more origins. The general public is well acquainted with Batman, it's okay to just through us into a story with Batman in his prime.

#13 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7557 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7557 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Black Mask with some of these other villains working for him. Maybe Killer Croc and/or Deadshot are his lieutenants. I'd save Hush and Red Hood for sequels (first introduce Jason Todd or a Jason Todd-like character, then have it appear that he dies... then Red Hood can try and get his revenge on Batman in like the second or third movie). In fact, they could have Hush and Red Hood each in the same movie working separately to try and get revenge on Batman in different ways... if written well, that could be an interesting story.

#16 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I know about the full edit, but for some reason it's not there for me in polls.

#17 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

I also would like to see Clayface in a movie at some point. My main concern about that, though, is that the CGI has to look really convincing, or else it'll just look cheesy.

#18 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: I was thinking about putting Harley on the list but she would either:

Be a sidekick to the Joker, not her own villain. OR

Be her own villain in a film after one with Joker. I was mainly talking about a first film.

#19 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: For a first movie, they would probably show the origin (whether we like it or not) but it shouldn't last more than 10-15 minutes.

#20 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: Zsasz was in first Nolan one. He was the guy on trial that Crane got out of prison and put into Arkham as a favor for Carmine.

This guy.

@battle_forum_junkie:

Commissioner Loeb was in both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. He was not really featured in the first one much and basically had one scene in which he was adressing the GPD that batman was to be arrested on site. The other scene with him in it in that movie is when Arkham island is gassed and closed off and Jim is requesting assistance he is the man saying to Jim that there is no one left to send. In the Dark Knight he's the guy who drank acid (acid acid not LSD, though he don't drink LSD anyway lol) that was planted in some kind of alcohol bottle by the Joker.

So it wasn't accurate to the character in comics, but he did appear already.

#21 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Mr Freeze done better and Red Hood in a sequel.

#22 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and I'd want Black Mask with someone like Killer Croc as his muscle.

#24 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: I know, but it was more of a cameo role than an actual villain.

#25 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale: I know a lot of people think he's really stupid but I found him to be a pretty compelling villain to read.

#27 Edited by Reignmaker (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

They should do a loose adaption on the Court of the Owls storyline. It would establish a Batman that's already been operating for a while, and it would allow us to get know Robin (Dick Grayson) and any other supporting characters important to his modern universe. I think Court of the Owls would be a good choice also because it allows people to get to know Gotham better. For me it's the perfect "soft" reboot.

Don't bother including Damian and Jason Todd. That would confuse the sh** out of normal movie goers, and would muddle the narrative.

#28 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7557 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13:

Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about that.

Thanks for the info.

I'd still like to see him portrayed like he was in Year One, though.

Wouldn't you? "Yes, yes you would." :P

EDIT: Please tell me someone got that refrance...

#29 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Bat could hold the plot maybe.

#30 Posted by Delek_Reap (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, **** a reboot. Where's my Batman Beyond Movie Warner/DC? You already have a script for a live action one, so what the heck man?

#31 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7557 posts) - - Show Bio

@delek_reap:

I would really like to see a Batman Beyond movie too, but I don't think the money that they'd invest in doing the film right would make a big enough profit to make it "worth while" for them. It would be a big hit with fans of Terry but it would be a commercial flop. I still want to see one made, though.

#32 Posted by The Stegman (22988 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Mask would be the best choice.

#33 Posted by batmannflash (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

Clayface and Killer Croc can't really hold their own, but maybe if they had someone has the leader (Black Mask).

But my top choice is the Riddler. Why is he not a choice on the poll?? You could save Jason Todd for a sequel, though I don't like having him as the main antagonist (do it like Under the Red Hood). I would like movies to try to tackle Poison Ivy again. And Harley Quinn, even if it means bringing back the Joker for the 3rd time.

#34 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
Zsasz

#35 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

Poison Ivy. That self-centered, oversexualized, stupid, drag-queen dressing slut from Batman & Robin was NOT Ivy!

WHO'S WITH ME?!!! CAN I GET @wildvine OVAH HERE?!

#36 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Riddler isn't here because (although it was an terrible interpretation and movie altogether) he was in Batman Forever. He would be one of my top choices for a reboot, though.

#37 Edited by batmannflash (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

@rulerofthisuniverse: oh my bad! I totally forgot Riddler was in a movie (I wanna forget Jim Carrey's horrid performance...).

#38 Edited by CheeseSticks (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Mask would be great for a dark Batman story considering his love for torture. At least he has the main villain role in Arkham Origins. I'd love to see the Scarecrow (even though Cilian Murphy performance was nearly perfect) and the Riddler get bigger roles in movies.

#39 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Zsasz for an R-Rated Batman movie?

#40 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6090 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought more people would go for Hugo Strange, he is often mentioned as a possible/good villain for a reboot.

#42 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Bruce take on Simon Hurt and Lincoln March, aka Thomas Wayne and Thomas Wayne Jr. It would be a way of re-exploring Bruce's past without rehashing his origin.

Hush needs to make an appearance on film eventually as well.

#43 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally speaking, why do we need to go into super villains already? If we have too why not start off with just simple mob with the ORIGINAL Red Hood that would eventually become the joker, but also use the same accident to say create clayface for the second movie?..

#44 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I like clayface or ds.

#45 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugo Strange,Deadshot,Penguin,Wrath and Ivy would be my top pics for a new series.We have our mad scientist,hitman,mob boss,anti-Batman and femme fatale right there.Freeze could work as a tragic figure and Clayface & Man-Bat could be the superpowered villains,they can easily work.

No to Black Mask and Red Hood,the last thing I need is comparisons with Cap America.Riddler needs a ridiculously tight plot,the kind which only a few can offer.

Court of owls? lol.

#46 Edited by wildvine (8265 posts) - - Show Bio

Poison Ivy. That self-centered, oversexualized, stupid, drag-queen dressing slut from Batman & Robin was NOT Ivy!

WHO'S WITH ME?!!! CAN I GET @wildvine OVAH HERE?!

QFT. I endorse this comment almost wholly.

#47 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY DOCTOR HURT IS NOT ON THIS LIST!?!?

#48 Posted by Dabee (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see the Riddler played by Martin Short.

#49 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3874 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke. That fight I would watch.

#50 Posted by flazam (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

a team up

Hugo Strange

Black Mask