#1 Edited by Bezza (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

....can I be really controversial here and say I still prefer Tim Burton's 1989 film to the later Nolan ones. Yes I know the Nolan ones are technically much better films, but I find the Michael Keaton film is just a bit more watchable , with the comic element of Jack Nicholson making it enjoyable. I love the scene where Vicki Vale, seeing Batman on the clock tower comes onto the Joker to distract him (Look at Joker's face in that scene, its a picture). It was also for me, a film I have a real soft spot for as it kick started superhero films again after what seemed a long time off the screen and was the best one since Superman 2. Can you imagine 9 years now, without a decent superhero film?

#2 Posted by deaditegonzo (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

So, here is my dark horse pick that will be torn to pieces: Dark Knight Rises. I felt it had a stronger villain that the previous two, it beautifully tied up the arc emotionally and thematically, and it successfully took on a more grandiose tone even above the others.

#3 Posted by russellmania77 (13544 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim burton can suck it.

THE DARK KNIGHT

#4 Posted by RustyRoy (9179 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are great IMO.

#5 Posted by The_Tree (6394 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Begins is my favorite.

#6 Edited by Vikings (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Live actions only I assume.

I'm gonna have to say Batman Begins. Followed the comics pretty well, and still stayed somewhat believable. Had great acting, a good story line, interesting plot points throughout the entire film. I do enjoy Tim Burton's though. It really comes down to one of Nolan's movies, or one of Tim Burton's two. Not too many people are gonna say Batman Forever, and no one in their right mind would say Batman and Robin. No offense, but it really is a 2 hour toy commercial. The Dark Knight was the best Hollywood Batman creation ever, and probably one of the most cinematic breakthroughs of all time (one of). It was, to me, the Batman film that could appeal to most, and had the most to make it a truly fantastic movie in general. The award for best Batman movie for me definitely goes to Batman Begins though.

Also have a soft spot for Adam West's. It's a classic, even if it is cheesy. Cesar Romero was also no doubt a great Joker, and who could possibly say they didn't drool over Lee Meriwether as Catwoman?

#7 Posted by entropy_aegis (13551 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Begins is the best Batman movie period.

#8 Edited by ssejllenrad (12777 posts) - - Show Bio

Year One and Dark Knight Returns (both parts) if they count.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (13656 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight.

#10 Edited by lilben42 (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight

#11 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2045 posts) - - Show Bio

Live Action-The Dark Knight

Animated-under the Red Hood

#12 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Begins!

#13 Posted by Ninjablade09 (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Begins. I liked the darker look of Gotham in it, and I loved the suit.

#14 Posted by Bezza (2093 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I'm a big fan of Batman begins too. After the 1989 film, its number 2 for me.

#15 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

live-action: The Dark Knight

animated: Mask of the Phantasm

#16 Posted by Lvenger (15948 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by RustyRoy (9179 posts) - - Show Bio

That's for me too.