#1 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

This can be any arc, even if it is non canon.


My favorite arc is The Long Halloween. - Loeb and Sale = awesome!
#2 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

"Trust"

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Hush


#4 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Have'nt read Batsy in awhile.

#5 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Good choice Nighthunter! That's my number three.

#6 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"
Hush


"
  Same thing came to my mind.
#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
The Enigma said:
"Good choice Nighthunter! That's my number three."

thanksZORN said:
"Nighthunter said:
"
Hush


"
  Same thing came to my mind.
"

great minds think alike, or fools don't differ, whatever works for you :P
#8 Posted by Jesus Slanda (11 posts) - - Show Bio

The Long Halloween.  I absolutely love the way Sale draws Batman.

#9 Posted by Arkham (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing can beat The Dark Knight Returns. 

#10 Posted by paranormal (43 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. TDKR (the best...history...ever)
  2. Long Halloween (Loeb's best work, the noir style is perfect and is way better than the hi-tech Hush)
  3. Year One

Honorable mention:
The Killing Joke (technically it's not an arc that became a graphic novel, this one was a graphic novel since the beginning)

#11 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Story

Best Artwork ever!
caption

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Sheep-Kill said:
"Best Story
Best Artwork ever!
caption

"
Horrible.
#13 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

So far R.I.P

#14 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Hush
  2. R.I.P
  3. War Games
  4. Dark Victory
  5. Long Halloween
  6. Resurrection of R'as al ghoul
#15 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Xeron said:
"So far R.I.P"
All of Morrison's run has been great.
#16 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Sheep-Kill said:
"Best Story
Best Artwork ever!
caption

"
Horrible."
really? it's one of my favorite arcs featuring Joker and/or Two-face
#17 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"John Valentine said:
"Sheep-Kill said:
"Best Story
Best Artwork ever!
caption

"
Horrible."
really? it's one of my favorite arcs featuring Joker and/or Two-face"
I hated the art, which made it so hard for me to appreciate the story.
I'd say that the best Two-Face arc is Dark Victory, for Joker it's Killing Joke.
#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Nighthunter said:
"John Valentine said:
"Sheep-Kill said:
"Best Story
Best Artwork ever!
caption

"
Horrible."
really? it's one of my favorite arcs featuring Joker and/or Two-face"
I hated the art, which made it so hard for me to appreciate the story.
I'd say that the best Two-Face arc is Dark Victory, for Joker it's Killing Joke.
"
for me the art was so comlpex and dark, perfectly fitting what the story wanted to do...but hey is just an opinion lol

I agree with both stories for Joker and Two-face, that's why I said one of the favorites :P
#19 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP

#20 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"RIP"
AKA the only one you've read :P
#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"TheDrifter said:
"RIP"
AKA the only one you've read :P"
imao
#22 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a massive fan of Morrison (especially of his Batman and X-Men work)... but I just didn't like the book on the whole.....

A question.... Long Halloween, Dark Victory and Haunted Knight are all said to be canon, right?
#23 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Would Baman/Piderman count?

  
#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that it's been said if they are or not, I could be wrong though

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I don't think that it's been said if they are or not, I could be wrong though"
I read somewhere that they were meant to replace Year Two, with Year One still being canon?
#26 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Would Baman/Piderman count?

  
"
no a video Warsman showed you does not count :P
#27 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmfao

#28 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Nighthunter said:
"I don't think that it's been said if they are or not, I could be wrong though"
I read somewhere that they were meant to replace Year Two, with Year One still being canon?"
who knows...maybe when Superboy Prime punched history (which is as retard as it sounds) those were made canon, I mean "Superman: Birthright" was made canon thanks to that
#29 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"John Valentine said:
"Nighthunter said:
"I don't think that it's been said if they are or not, I could be wrong though"
I read somewhere that they were meant to replace Year Two, with Year One still being canon?"
who knows...maybe when Superboy Prime punched history (which is as retard as it sounds) those were made canon, I mean "Superman: Birthright" was made canon thanks to that"
Well anyway, Long Halloween and Dark Victory are probably my two  favorite Batman stories, so for me it doesn't matter if they're canon. 
#30 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

haven't read RIP, tear

But my favorite.......hard to pick....


HUSH, Duh ^^

#31 Posted by kgs95 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

yes I agree hush is great also

#32 Posted by aquaman98 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Victory is my favorite.

#33 Posted by Kangaxx_54 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P. or Under the Red Hood. Long Halloween and especially Dark Victory are very close behind.

Hush was .. okay. Nothing more. It was just a long series of villain fights. What's so great about it?

#34 Posted by MasterDetective (855 posts) - - Show Bio

court of owls

#35 Edited by Cap10nate (2734 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now, I would have to say. . .

  1. Long Halloween
  2. Year One
  3. Hush
  4. Dark Knight Returns
  5. Knightfall
#36 Posted by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Long Halloween and Dark Victory followed closely by Year One.

#37 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a difficult question. I like different stories for different reasons and it's really hard for me to narrow it down to one favorite.

I pick Year One.

#38 Posted by xephyr417 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Cataclysm/Aftershock - it was so heart wrenching.

Does No Man's Land count even though it was mega huge?

After that, probably the Demon Trilogy.

It's weird, I liked Dark Victory and Long Halloween, but I would not say they were the best.

#39 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody arc from Batmand & Robin is probably the best one that I've read lately.

#40 Edited by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Story

Best Artwork ever!
caption

#41 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing Joke, Hush, Year One, Dark Knight Returns, Death of the Family, in that order. I've been reading RIP, and No Man's Land recently.

#42 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Batman: Year One

2. Batman: TDKR

3. Long Halloween/Dark Victory

4. Batman: Hush

5. Knightfall

#43 Edited by Jayc1324 (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

Year one, and the not so famous arc, fugitive