Favorite Animated Movies RESULTS: Batman: Mask of the Phantasm vs. Batman: Under the Red Hood

• 62 results
Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@dedpool: Loved a lot of the lines from Joker. My favorite was

"I'm going to need some guys. Not these ones because they're you know dead."

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ninjablade09:

OMG! That one was great. And the best part is you can totally see it coming, but when he delivers it is still hilarious!! I so want him to reprise the role at some point. "Oh Ird Boy your no fun anymore! All grown up and in your big boy pants. Oh well, better off than your replacement right. Hard to make with the yuks when you're worm food, hmmm?!?"

_GA3FAR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These polls are just for fun I don't think there's a better movie they're both different movies. It's just a matter of opinion

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Bah!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MuyJingo

@thedemogoblin said:

Red Hood is an amazing film.

Definitely better then any of the Nolan films.

Haha no,every single Nolan movie is better,you cant even compare the Nolan brothers to Judd Winick of all people.

Nolan's a very talented film maker and I like him a lot, but UtRH is a far superior Batman film to any in his trilogy, except maybe TDK. If nothing else, it's due to characterization and plot.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Red Hood, but I never would have placed it at #1 on my list. Actually kinda surprised by this.

This. Mask of the Phantasm was such a well done movie.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dedpool: Loved when Joker talked about Jason.

" That he has horrible taste! When I wore that number, it was classy — more flashy maitre d' than motorcycle fetish. Oh, these kids today..."

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@thedemogoblin said:

Red Hood is an amazing film.

Definitely better then any of the Nolan films.

Haha no,every single Nolan movie is better,you cant even compare the Nolan brothers to Judd Winick of all people.

Nolan's a very talented film maker and I like him a lot, but UtRH is a far superior Batman film to any in his trilogy, except maybe TDK. If nothing else, it's due to characterization and plot.

Yeah, Nolan really great at film making, but his "Batman" films are NOTHING like Batman. Christian Bale isn't even suited for the role, and he's grounded Batman WAAY to much. Batman's meant to be an average man, but he battles crocodiles. That's what's so great about him. And where was the detective aspect of Batman in the trilogy? He made Batman into a straight up crime fighter. But if you guys like the trilogy; I really respect that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Red Hood all the way. Phantasm gave me a headache. It reminded me of a Nolan film actually.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

What characterization? Batman barely had any in UTRH,it was a Jason Todd movie through and through. It's why I put it much below Phantasm THAT was a Batman movie.

bellaardila92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never seen The Mask Of Phantasm,is this movie really good?

Ollietheblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Although Batman MOP was a good film, Under the red hood is a bit more tragic.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MuyJingo

UtRH was not a Jason Todd movie, it was a Batman movie. We were able to see Bruce flashed out to a level that is rare to see, showing he considers Jason his failure and the guilt regret and shame he holds over what happened, we see his focus and compassion, his determination and the display of his abilities. Just look at how he was in the flashbacks versus how he is in modern day. The characters are all brilliantly defined in this film, all of them.

Compare that to the Noaln films, where Bane, Ra's and Talia are interchangeable bond villains, Harvey just plays a politician, Gordon meekly cooperates like any bumbling police chief and Bruce himself lacks the intellect, focus, or obsession that defines the character. He comes across as bland.