blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blackhawk000111
No Caption Provided

(Sometimes artists like to sneak a little peek in while they're working on something they're excited about. Batman artist Greg Capullo did that this morning, when he tweeted out the image you see here.

"Don’t tell anybody that I showed you this. Shhh," the aritst said (um, sorry, Greg!). Batman writer Scott Snyder retweeted the image and said only, "Greggg!!!! #endgame"

So, we know the image is from the next major arc from the pair, bearing that name "Endgame." We know that's Batman with some kind of high-powered gun. We know that's Bluebird (Harper Row) on the right of the image.

But who the heck is that other person? Is this a new Nightwing? An entirely new character? Harper's brother maybe? We've reached out to DC Comics for comment, but for now we want to hear your thoughts.)

Source:Newsarama

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that just got me super excited. Batman in some crazy new suit (and what threat could force him to use a gun?), I've been a fan of harper from the beginning so seeing her finally team up with batman is great, and then there's that other guy who I'm not really excited about since I don't know who he is and don't really want batman with two sidekicks at once... But he looks kind of cool too. Hope it's not harpers brother.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3 frozen  Moderator

Batman with a gun?

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Well that just got me super excited. Batman in some crazy new suit (and what threat could force him to use a gun?), I've been a fan of harper from the beginning so seeing her finally team up with batman is great, and then there's that other guy who I'm not really excited about since I don't know who he is and don't really want batman with two sidekicks at once... But he looks kind of cool too. Hope it's not harpers brother.

LARK is written in New Guy's bike

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Black_Arrow
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blackhawk000111
No Caption Provided

Heres another pic from endgame

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Harper...GROAN,whatever you want to do with this snoozefest of a character Scott please do it fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harper...GROAN,whatever you want to do with this snoozefest of a character Scott please do it fast.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I hate how she just tags along and contributes nothing to the plot or the dynamic,she's just there.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Jphu8414

@entropy_aegis: Oh come on man give her a chance, she's not even officially Bluebird yet haha

Capullo's art looks sick though, as always

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

@entropy_aegis: Oh come on man give her a chance, she's not even officially Bluebird yet haha

She's not a character either though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: You can't say that. You may not like her, but Snyder has given us enough backstory and development for the character for the time being. She was introduced in Court of Owls, we got to know her a little bit, she appeared again in issue 18 and we learned how she feels about Batman and why's she's interested in him, and we got to know her backstory in an issue of Zero Year

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Has Snyder forgot what Batman is all about? Seriously the more his run is going forward the more Batman stops feeling like Batman.

First we have the best story from Snyder's hands The Black Mirror. A story that has mystery, a Batman thats actually doing detective work and it is also a bit of a horror story that is Snyder's forte. Then we go to The court of Owls. Not as good as TBM because it came too soon after Morrison's superior Batman RIP. A good story, that still feels like a Gotham story. Next, the return of the clown prince of crime, the most expected return since Batman returned from the dead and what happened? Snyder gave as a slasher, horror fan fic. Seriously, the story became more progressively derivative as it was kept going. In the end, neither Joker nor Batman felt like themselves and the story had a conclusion that was forgotten after one issue. Then Zero Year happened...that story doesn't even feature the dark, shadowy world Batman is famous for. H#ll Batman even opperates the day, the colors are vibrant and Batman is more of an action hero in a post apocalyptic world rather than the Dark Knight Detective.

And now BATMAN WITH A GUN? Look I have dropped Batman since DotF so I really don't have a reason to judge but well, I kinda hoped that after ZY, Snyder would focus on a more detective, dark Batman like in issue 34.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Batman with a gun ugh

2. Harper row the next mary sue that i dont give two shits about

3. If she wasnt enough now we have some other loser who i dont give two shits about and wont the Lark who works for the Penguin be pissed off some chump is walking around using her name

4.Why does Batman not have his cape Batman without his cape looks stupid

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

GIMME, GIMME NOW!

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@squalleon:

You missed out on dark city. It's a great story IMO. I do find myself missing a traditional Batman though. I want to see Batman get back to his roots.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT BATMANS MISSING A HAND!?!

Couldnt care less about harper row just seems kinda like a tim drake female ripoff that cant just face the fact that the bat family just wants her to f@ck off an leave them alone, cuz she just noses her way into every thing. (Sigh) but i digress.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like a generic action hero, doing generic things. I think that I have lost almost all hope in Snyder, I might read some parts of this to judge it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like a generic action hero, doing generic things. I think that I have lost almost all hope in Snyder, I might read some parts of this to judge it.

That was pretty much what I thought halfway around COO,he doesn't get Batman at all.

@entropy_aegis: You can't say that. You may not like her, but Snyder has given us enough backstory and development for the character for the time being. She was introduced in Court of Owls, we got to know her a little bit, she appeared again in issue 18 and we learned how she feels about Batman and why's she's interested in him, and we got to know her backstory in an issue of Zero Year

We only caught a glimpse of her in ZY,still Harper doesn't need Batman nor does he need her she has been forced in to the narrative.Remove Harper from the Batbooks and it would make no difference whatsoever,not to mention she feels like a badly done female Tim Drake meets Harold Alnut.

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queencorp15: Noticed that as soon as you pointed it out... That's actually awesome.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: I hate how she just tags along and contributes nothing to the plot or the dynamic,she's just there.

Yeah , I don't think she'll stick around for long after Snyder's run is over.

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT BATMANS MISSING A HAND!?!

Couldnt care less about harper row just seems kinda like a tim drake female ripoff that cant just face the fact that the bat family just wants her to f@ck off an leave them alone, cuz she just noses her way into every thing. (Sigh) but i digress.

Nice catch and I agree that Harper brings nothing new to Batman or the Batfamily.

Has Snyder forgot what Batman is all about? Seriously the more his run is going forward the more Batman stops feeling like Batman.

First we have the best story from Snyder's hands The Black Mirror. A story that has mystery, a Batman thats actually doing detective work and it is also a bit of a horror story that is Snyder's forte. Then we go to The court of Owls. Not as good as TBM because it came too soon after Morrison's superior Batman RIP. A good story, that still feels like a Gotham story. Next, the return of the clown prince of crime, the most expected return since Batman returned from the dead and what happened? Snyder gave as a slasher, horror fan fic. Seriously, the story became more progressively derivative as it was kept going. In the end, neither Joker nor Batman felt like themselves and the story had a conclusion that was forgotten after one issue. Then Zero Year happened...that story doesn't even feature the dark, shadowy world Batman is famous for. H#ll Batman even opperates the day, the colors are vibrant and Batman is more of an action hero in a post apocalyptic world rather than the Dark Knight Detective.

And now BATMAN WITH A GUN? Look I have dropped Batman since DotF so I really don't have a reason to judge but well, I kinda hoped that after ZY, Snyder would focus on a more detective, dark Batman like in issue 34.

I haven't read TBM so can't say anything about that. I didn't like CoO that much, Batman was a little ooc in that and RIP was much much better and was a Batman story unlike CoO. Hated DotF, didn't like Zero year at the start but it got better in the end, I'd say Savage City is better than CoO. And I don't mind Batman using a gun if there's a good reason behind it, I loved when he used a gun in FC but I doubt the situation is that bad in this one.

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does no one seriously care that Batman only has one hand?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought this would spoil the end to Arkham Knight...

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Let's hope it's nothing like ZERO YEAR.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RustyRoy

Does no one seriously care that Batman only has one hand?

If it doesn't stick for more than 10 years then it doesn't matter and it looks like it won't stick till the end of the arc.

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason I still read this title is for Capullo's art.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll admit it feels odd to see Batman with a gun but you know it's definitely nonlethal, or at least not directed at people. Still I've enjoyed Snyder's work a lot and the only real problem I had with his run is Bruce in electroshock therapy.

What can I say I have faith in Snyder and I hope I don't see Harper Row too much. I hate to say this about a character he made, but I do find her more than a bit irritating and annoying. I'd rather see a bit more of Tim Drake in a Batman title. He hasn't been a big part of the Batman mythos for quite some time in the New 52. It's about time that changed.