does a batman comic with out any crime fighting sound good?

ultimatejones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ultimatejones

what im really asking is would it be intersting if their were a batman title with out the crime fighting with out the capes and cowls just a book focusing on the main charters personals life and the relationships between the charters them selfs? a book with out batman the other batman, robin and red robin but with bruce wayne, dick grayson, damian wayne and tim drake.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ms__omega

All I have to say is.......

No Caption Provided

novakidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By novakidx

it sounds nice to me..

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

hmmmmm? I wouldn't buy it, but I know a few people that would.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sydpart2

I always wanted to write a single comic book for DC that was like universe spanning where absolutely no crime or world threatening related events happened. Just see Batman sitting in front of the computer in his costume waiting for something to happen...it like beeps and he get's all excited that he get's to go fight crime and suddenly it tells him it just needs to install an update or something. See Superman flying around looking for something to do, he hears a scream and it turns out to just be someone surprised about seeing someone they haven't in awhile. Just go into how obsessed these larger than life characters are. I don't think it would work on an extended period of time but it'd be a great one shot

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ultimatejones: to answer you with some delay, I don't think it would be a bad idea. A good story only depends on its scenario. But you know that some stories of the kind already exists (and new ones came since).

I am reviving this thread to try and list all non crimefighting stories. I will start :

• Batman and Robin annual 1 : Batman Impossible
  • Batman, the dark knight annual 1 : Once Upon a Midnight Dreary
  • Knightquest: the search
makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How does justice get served then?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be interesting, but it wouldn't be a superhero comic, or really a Batman comic, so it would never happen. Besides you can have both it and the crime fighting if the writers wanted to focus on it.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm dubious about this since crimefighting is sort of Batman's raison detre, it's why he neglects his social and romantic relationships and even his own health and well being. The question becomes, I guess, is Batman still Batman without crimefighting? I'm not sure he is. And if such a comic did happen, it would probably mostly be Bruce Wayne sitting in a chair refusing to answer the phone as various friends, acquaintances, and business partners try to call him.Now instead of channeling all his pent up rage and loneliness into fighting evil, he'll just be spiteful.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jb681131
william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: It's just been a day sense you recommended them.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: true but you sayd "so it would never happen" while I had posted 3 stories just above !

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

As a one shot, I think it would be pretty cool. As an ongoing series, that would be a terrible.