Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5861 posts) 10 months, 1 day ago

Poll: Do you think Arkham Origins will be good? (51 votes)

Yes better than Asylum but no City 31%
Yes better than CIty and Asylum 24%
Not better than City and Asylum but still good 43%
Hell no 2%

I'm thinking about the game but I think choice 3. I'm expecting alot but nothing too fantastic on City's level, I'll save that excitement for Arkham 3.

#1 Edited by War Killer (19953 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to tell at this point, but I'm hoping that it will be just as good and possibly even better than Arkham City. Even if it's just as good as Arkham City, I'll still be happy.

#2 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to tell at this point, but I'm hoping that it will be just as good and possibly even better than Arkham City. Even if it's just as good as Arkham City, I'll still be happy.

Choose anyway lol

#3 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham City was the best game I ever played. I have high expectations for Origins but I think it will do better than City.

-$NG

#4 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

The same i think about Affleck!!!

#5 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be mediocre at worst. I expect it to be pretty good, but I don't think it will be as good as City or Asylum.

#6 Posted by War Killer (19953 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

Choose anyway lol

But none of the choices really reflect how I how feel about it. :P

#7 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5861 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Ten_Eyed_Man (9 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be good but not as good as the other two. If Ten Eyed Man shows up it'll be the best game to ever exist in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

#9 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks promising.....I'm hoping it turns out great, definitely.

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'll be great, perhaps not better than City, but on a similar level.

#11 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of gameplay it will be better than Asylum because its cities gameplay, but in terms of story or atmosphere that is yet to be seen, as for city, well its got one hell of a job to beat that in any aspect but thats just my opinion either way I think it will be great.

#12 Posted by NukeA6 (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only hoping it's good enough where I don't feel like selling it. The bosses do sound like they're gonna be the best of the three games and I do hope so because Arkham City was showing that Batman can have great boss battles (i.e. Mr Freeze).

#13 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3097 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think it's going to be the best out of the 3. Looks really good so far, based on the trailers there is a lot of lines you can quote and sound cool, so it seems like good writing

#14 Posted by RustyRoy (10846 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

It looks promising.....I'm hoping it turns out great, definitely.

#15 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know, i think people overrates this game franchise.

Its not Jokerzilla alone, it was the fact he faced Biollante and Hedorah.

People say they want Arkham movies, i say go and see Godzilla, ti looks they take all their ideas from there.

#16 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I have seen so far it will undoubtedly be a terrific game. As for how it compares to City and ASylum, I will just have to wait to play it.

#17 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know yet

#18 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be good but not as good as the others :(

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be good but not better than City but I hope that they don't screw things up.

#20 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm skipping this one. I only trust rocksteady to make good batman games

#21 Edited by Omnicrono (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

Better than City, but probably not better than Asylum.

#22 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I'm skipping this one. I only trust rocksteady to make good batman games

That's a horrible reason not to get the new Batman game.

#23 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: What else did they supposedly "rip" from Godzilla, other than those two boss fights? How else could they have even done Clay-face? How does this even effect how fun the game was to play, or even the story in the game, other than Jokerzilla (I agree that was horrible)?

#24 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: People has this point of view it would work as a movie, as comics books and pretty much is how Batman should be in everything.

It was a great game, but the whole i have to face a giant Godzilla monster get me out of things, is like if i am reading a Batman comic and then Godzilla get in there, it obviously take me totally out of place, its like el giants in Resident Evil 4, there was better ideas for final bosses that giant ones, the best boss fight in Resident Evil 4 is with Krauser, i totally belive facing giant monsters take you out of the game.

Besides that taking villains from Godzilla is a bad idea, i mean Killercroc looks like Godzilla now.

Besides if you are gong to steal the Godzilla villains, take the beste ones, Hedorah has to be the most awful Godzilla villain ever.

#25 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: Its usually agreed that Jokerzilla was terrible, people like the game in spite of that. Clayface was completely appropriate and made the entire story make sense. All of those were boss fights, and were designed as such. I don't think that people are referring to the boss fights when they say they want the movies to be more like the arkham games, I could be wrong though I don't know what other people are thinking. Personally I would think it would have more to do with the overall tone, mixing realism with fantasy. I'm still not seeing the Godzilla comparisons at all, Killer Croc looks like Killer Croc (When he's monstrous, which he usually is in most comics post 2000), and Poision Ivy using a giant mutant plant is nothing new.

#26 Edited by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

skeptical for now. it reeks of batman glorification.

#27 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363: I remember Lego Batman 2, Ivy didnt need giant biollante type enemy, even when the elements of fantasy were in there, you didnt saw things like this going on, sure we get giant robots or battles in the middle of the air, but it never gest into the point it take me out of the game, with the Arkham one did take me out of the game.

Also, people that keep talking about Arkham and movies point killer croc as an example of what they want, i mean i liked him in Gotham Knight, but noiw he looks like Lizard i mean movie Lizard looks exactly like Killercrock looks now.

#28 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000: Yeah, but in all fairness Killer Croc looked like that long before Movie Lizard (though the mainstream audience would probably think he was a rip-off). I guess I see your point on the Poison Ivy fight drawing you out of the game, but I was mainly just saying that I don't think that boss fight was ripping off a character from Godzilla.

#29 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be better than City and Asylum, though not by much at all.

It looks exactly the same as it's prequels except with better graphics and with some new and re-skinned villains with a bit of change to the storyline.

#30 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3097 posts) - - Show Bio

Just listened to the preview for the score it sounds good.

Caution if you want to listen it contains some spoilers!

#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (14208 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be better than City,they're using obscure characters which makes the story line unpredictable and the said characters are also different and unique enough to give us exciting boss battles,I applaud their decision to use such characters instead of spamming us with the same old characters who have been played out

A Batman game that glorifies Batman? ZOMG.

#32 Posted by GeekBait (778 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks good, but I'm anticipating the real sequel to Arkham City.

#33 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o. Like how?

#34 Edited by CheeseSticks (2378 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna be awesome!

#35 Posted by Bruxae (12568 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Asylum more then City.

I think origins will be below both but as usual ill reserve my judgement until ive actually played it.

#36 Posted by consolemaster001 (4938 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully

#37 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its gonna be good! im a diehard batman fan so im gonna blindly buy it...

#38 Posted by JwwProd (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the game is going to be awesome :)