Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Do you prefer Batman working alone? (60 votes)

Yes 42%
No 33%
50/50 or eh. 25%

IC wise if you had the chance of making Batman 100% lone wolf (no Justice League or Bat-family ever existing) or leave him the way he is?

#1 Posted by Jayc1324 (13144 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool to see him be like a frenemy or antihero to the JL and clash with them

#2 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6289 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I do. Joker pointed out that he seems to dependent on them and I can see that. Unless it's Robin or Nightwing he should be solo. Unless he's giving Catwoman the business XD.

#3 Posted by Dernman (15440 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he should. Robins should only be people he trained not sidekicks. Once they grow up they should go their way as independent heroes.

#4 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6364 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

No, you can't be alone forever and the character development shows that nicely.

#6 Posted by MaccyD (4905 posts) - - Show Bio

He kinda humanises the JL though, being the only "non-powered" character there.

#7 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has never been a lone wolf - ever. In his entire history as a character. It's a complete misconception. The character is actually completely co-dependent. Is he emotionally closed off? I'd say yes - but he never is truly alone - yet somehow he has this reputation as a loner. It confuses me.

Also I agree with @maccyd

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (45051 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I prefer a good mix of lone wolf, and being with people for Batman.

#9 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I prefer a good mix of lone wolf, and being with people for Batman.

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#11 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has never been a lone wolf - ever. In his entire history as a character. It's a complete misconception. The character is actually completely co-dependent. Is he emotionally closed off? I'd say yes - but he never is truly alone - yet somehow he has this reputation as a loner. It confuses me.

Also I agree with @maccyd

Very true my son.

#12 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

batman needs a robin.

#13 Edited by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

For the most part but I do enjoy the occasional collaberations.

#14 Posted by RustyRoy (13539 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

For the most part but I do enjoy the occasional collaberations.

This, we've already seen him with JL and Batfamily but now give us a lone wolf. A Batman Universe where no other costume hero lives or exists, the lone guardian, that's why I loved the Nolanverse even though it wasn't perfect, I definitely think DC should make a Vertigo Batman series where no Robins or superhumans or costumed hero exists just supporting characters like Alfred, Gordon exist, that could really help both Vertigo and Batman.

#15 Posted by MasterDetective (845 posts) - - Show Bio

with Alfred

#16 Posted by DTSLanternCorps (240 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Batman in the JL, so no.

#17 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to see Batman doing detective work and taking out enemies alone but I also like to see him team up with someone from the Justice League or someone from the Bat-family from time to time as well.

#18 Posted by SupBatz (1814 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely not. The Bat Family allows for far more character development on Batman's part and gives us so many different dynamics to explore. Sure, I like seeing Batman solo as well, but it's also great seeing him interact with different members of the Bat-Family and Justice League.

#19 Posted by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep the Bat Family, get rid of the Justice League.

#20 Posted by kirbyderby (4 posts) - - Show Bio

No. If it wasn't for the Bat-family, I wouldn't even be reading comic books.

#21 Posted by High_Father_BatGod (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I am the kind of person who likes crossovers and when batman works with say superman, I love it

#22 Posted by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio

He works best when hes with the bat family.

#23 Posted by Elvabeby (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think so.

#24 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2258 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to see Batman doing detective work and taking out enemies alone but I also like to see him team up with someone from the Justice League or someone from the Bat-family from time to time as well.

#25 Posted by flazam (2532 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#26 Posted by ost8fan (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Bat family but it's gotten a little too big, IMO. I like it old school with Batman, Robin (Dick Grayson), Batgirl (Babs), Alfred and Gordon. I don't mind stretching it out to Tim Drake's Robin, Oracle and Nightwing but that's about where I stop liking it. Don't get me wrong, I still like it all, just not as much.

#27 Posted by Wilbertus (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to put down no, but I couldn't for some reason.

As much as I like the stories where he works by himself, I can't just omit everything that the Bat-family has done for him and for us. Sure, he is awesome and dark and strong when he does it all by himself, but it is really his allies that make the character behind the mask interesting.

Could you imagine the Batcave without Alfred? Could you imagine The Killing Joke without Barbara (or Gordon)? Could you imagine Death in the Family without Jason Todd? I think the characters around him keep Batman from becoming too distant from us and human kind in general. Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, but also Alfred and Gordon give colour to his dark world and they sure help to tell some stories that are a lot more interesting than if Batman was alone all the time.

Besides, wouldn't loneliness drive any man insane eventually?

#28 Edited by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind him working alone every now and then, but I like the inclusion of other characters such as Alfred and the Robin's, as well as him being a member of the Justice League.

#29 Edited by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

50/50 Batman seems like a character whose meant to mostly operate alone with occasional exception of Robin but him not fitting is what makes it fun to read JL stories with him in it

#30 Edited by SOG7dc (7814 posts) - - Show Bio

yes and no. I love seeing batman work alone as a detective and a "dark knight" but I also love the dynamics of his team ups as well.

#31 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12018 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him having a family.

But i think he should work alone.

You dont want to work with your family, it makes thing more complicated that it should be.