• 55 results
#1 Posted by allenluo94 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you like Bane in The Dark Knight Rises?

#2 Posted by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah loved him.

#3 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya if he was more of an assassin not a terrorist.

#4 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#5 Posted by GeoKnowsBest (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup

#6 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep I loved Tom Hardy as Bane, right down to that strained wheeze of a voice. Utterly chilling how they juxtaposed that weak voice with such a powerful physicality, not to mention that air of superiority in his articulation. You really are left with little doubt how intelligent he is. He just commands such a physical and intellectual presence.

I even dare say I favor his performance over Heath's Joker. Yeah, I said it. *arms self with flame shield*

#7 Posted by jumpstart55 (2276 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Hardy rocked in his performance as Bane. He reminded so much of Darth Vader from the original Star Wars films.

#8 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

he was awesome! I wanted venom steroids but this Bane was different, and well done. His voice presented himself as very worldly (a mix of all sorts of accents) and intellectual. He was physically intimidating as well.

However, I hated that he did it for Talia. And his stupid death.

#9 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!

#10 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane was probably the only good thing of that godforsaken movie.

#11 Posted by cameron83 (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

My only gripe is that I had to strain to understand what he was saying,and still I only heard about 1/3 of what he said.....

#12 Posted by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

Hardy did a great job but I hate what they did with that character. Another wasted villain.

#13 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#14 Posted by Mara (42 posts) - - Show Bio

He wasn't muh Bane, but I liked him.

#15 Posted by XSpectreGreyX (67 posts) - - Show Bio

To a decent degree, although I truly hated the last 20 or so minutes after the Talia reveal. It ruined the movie for me, and only the ending made it slightly better, and I hate how they turned him into Talia's servant. Seriously lame.

#16 Posted by TheDarkDaredevil (554 posts) - - Show Bio

No because he could look a lot more better

#17 Posted by bornonamonday (54 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing I didn't like about him was how he died, such a crap way for an epic character to go out

#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (15246 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

AHEM

TDKR:

Rotten Tomatoes sampled 296 reviewers and judged 87% of the reviews to be positive.[182]Metacritic, another review aggregator, assigned the film a weighted average score of 78 (out of 100) based on 45 reviews from mainstream critics.

MOS:

Man of Steel currently holds a 56% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 241 reviews.Metacritic has given the film a weighted average score of 55/100, based on 47 reviews.

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Bane was awesome.

BB

#20 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

He was a good villian.

#21 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly he was the only thing I liked in that movie.

#22 Edited by JPWolf5 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#23 Posted by MasterDetective (831 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#24 Posted by Z3RO180 (6459 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him a lot. Granted I did hate his Voise in all the pre movie relases ie trailers and stuff but they really cleared it up in the movie

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Who cares? I get you didn't notice that I did not like TDKR.

#26 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Menacing character played by an amazing actor. While the voice was problematic, every line was delivered with vibrato and intent, and really struck home. I loved him. I just hate that his origin was given to Talia and the fact that such a terrifying powerhouse was killed so suddenly.

#27 Posted by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

I liked him a lot. Granted I did hate his Voise in all the pre movie relases ie trailers and stuff but they really cleared it up in the movie

Yeah his voice was pretty clear in the movie, I understood everything he said.

Menacing character played by an amazing actor. While the voice was problematic, every line was delivered with vibrato and intent, and really struck home. I loved him. I just hate that his origin was given to Talia and the fact that such a terrifying powerhouse was killed so suddenly.

That was the worst part of the movie.

#28 Posted by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by WildcatKO (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking how annoying it would be having to listen to a conversation between Tom Hardy's Bane and Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze.

#30 Posted by russellmania77 (15024 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes loved him

#31 Edited by entropy_aegis (15246 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@entropy_aegis: Who cares? I get you didn't notice that I did not like TDKR.

Ofcourse but calling it a godforsaken movie and then defending another movie which fits closer to that definition according to the critics isn't exactly a sound thing to do here,btw I really liked MOS.

#32 Edited by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the look, but I didn't love the voice.

#33 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: sir, you just made my day. that may of been the greatest video i have ever seen.

#35 Posted by entropy_aegis (15246 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@entropy_aegis: My opinion man. If you loved it, cool, I didn't.

But to be fair Prim you hate Batman lol.

#36 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Way more than the comic book version, which I find to be relatively cheesy.

Also, after Zod, he is my favourite comic book movie villain.

#37 Posted by Vikings (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan did a great job in making sure the villains of each movie differed from one another.

Dr. Crane/Scarecrow was a psychotic genius, but without his gas and goons he was weak. He wasn't physically threatening, and he didn't impose a threat to Batman's life. Senior Ghul wasn't in it enough to really stand out as a large threat, even if he destroyed the huge mansion and was Bruce Wayne's sensei.

Joker was a different type of psychotic. Pure darkness, purely insane. He worked alone, but wasn't afraid to murder in cold blood. Explosives, knives, whatever deemed necessary or entirely impractical he would use. More of a physical threat than scarecrow, but an extreme mental threat.

Finally, Bane. Truly a physical threat. Could honestly have wrecked Batman time and time again had it not been for Batman's fancy gadgets, and would've been the one to kill him had it not been for Miss Kyle.

So yes, I liked Bane. He gave a great balance to the trilogy of villains, and was by far the biggest overall threat. Talia in the end was the primary villain and the one running the show, and that little love scene was kind of lame since it made Bane seem kind of like a lost puppy following it's master. Tom Hardy played him flawlessly, I just saw a few things the writers could have improved on. I definitely thought he was the right fit to finish off the trilogy. Biggest intimidation factor by far, and one of the few things they nailed in that movie.

#38 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

He was awesome

#39 Posted by Daredevilnut (106 posts) - - Show Bio

He was awesome! Not as amazing as the Joker but he was still awesome in his own right

#40 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Tom Hardy is a decent actor and he did a good job being menacing, but that voice was garbage. It's become a bigger joke than the Bale Batman growl.

Most of the actors were great in rising but not a whole lot anyone could do with a crappy script.

#41 Edited by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

No but it wasn't Hardy's fault... it was that the movie sucked and the writer and director doesn't have a clue.

#42 Posted by Farkam (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, though for the most part I found his voice humorous instead of intimidating. He rocked the role if it wasn't for him the movie would be a total failure as far as I am concerned.

#43 Edited by Dernman (14962 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Honestly he was the only thing I liked in that movie.

#44 Edited by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the movie, the actor and the interpretation but I kept thinking of Hannibal and Darth Vader!

#46 Posted by Dreadpool10 (696 posts) - - Show Bio

We got the Bane that we deserved, but not the one we needed.

#47 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved him.He was great.

#48 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Um duh. Nolan Bane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Comic Bane

#49 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

Yes, though for the most part I found his voice humorous instead of intimidating. He rocked the role if it wasn't for him the movie would be a total failure as far as I am concerned.

So many things wrong with that second sentence it's funny.

#50 Posted by GREGalicious (473 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't particularly care for Bane in the film but definitely lightyears better than his Batman & Robin incarnation. I found the entire film to only be okay. Talia is one of my favorite characters and she deserved better than she got in the film (although I did love the reveal that "Miranda" was in fact Talia as well as the fact that she was the one who pulled the great escape). I wasn't very impressed by Bane, Selina, or Talia and they weren't even collectively as good as the Joker in TDK.