#1 Posted by MuyJingo (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm finding ti very mundane and lame all around, especially when compared to the Batman and Robin series.

The story seems like something that should be in Dark Knight, not the main title.

#2 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel kinda the same, its alright but I dont know Im like 50/50 with it.

#3 Posted by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good but B&R was better.

#4 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good.

#5 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it. Clay face was one of my favorite baddies from BTAS. Snyder has said that this 2 issue arc was a send up to the animated series.

#6 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup I liked it

#7 Posted by Bruxae (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it.

#8 Edited by MasterDetective (799 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't really great, but it wasn't bad either

#9 Posted by colinbiae (10 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good. I love it,lol

#10 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. It was a nice transition from DotF to Zero Year. Snyder said it was a throwback for the animated series.

#11 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5878 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it nothing wrong with it.

#13 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: He will comeback next month in Detective Comics...

#14 Edited by consolemaster001 (4943 posts) - - Show Bio

It was alright

#15 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

It was just a filler until year zero

#16 Posted by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad that there are mixed reviews here (and that fans of the animated show seem to be the ones who liked it most), since I was trying to put a finger on why I hadn't felt too worried about missing these two issues. I guess now I know why: it was filler, and it was an homage to something I know nothing about. So I don't feel like I missed out, but people who bought it still enjoyed it. Win-win.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

It was average but I liked it way more than Death of the Family.It felt like something from Snyder and not from another writer.

#18 Edited by The Stegman (23039 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it, though I kinda rolled my eyes at how Batman got out of his secret identity being revealed.

#19 Posted by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

I'm glad that there are mixed reviews here (and that fans of the animated show seem to be the ones who liked it most), since I was trying to put a finger on why I hadn't felt too worried about missing these two issues. I guess now I know why: it was filler, and it was an homage to something I know nothing about. So I don't feel like I missed out, but people who bought it still enjoyed it. Win-win.

You never watched BTAS?

#20 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

It was ok but it was nothing special

#21 Edited by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Comics played no role in my life growing up (aside from a handful of Sonic comics). Superhero shows (in fact, most cartoons) never really had an interest for me as a kid, aside from Power Rangers. My childhood TV block was Wishbone, Arthur, Bill Nye, Carmen San Diego...and Saturday mornings were spent either outside or reading books or playing video games.

#22 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

I'm finding ti very mundane and lame all around, especially when compared to the Batman and Robin series.

The story seems like something that should be in Dark Knight, not the main title.

It was a good story. I think the reason you may feel this way is because there have been so many absolutely fantastic stories recently in the Batman books a long with others that are still on-going and in comparison to these the Clayface arc may feel a little lame.

#23 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

Not everything has to be long and earth-shattering to be good. I actually wish this series would do more 1-issue, 2-issue stories.

#24 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

I am loving it. I am enjoying it more than DOTF

#25 Posted by longbowhunter (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a nice departure. Snyder does these year long epics that can start to wear on a person. Sometimes all I want is a simple Batman story wrapped up in an issue or two.

#26 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the backup in 19 and 20. Unfortunately, based on interviews with Greg Pak the upcoming title will focus on their antagonistic frienemies relationship rather than the "bromance" they have, which is a shame as I thoroughly enjoy the latter. As for the Clayface story? Eh.

#27 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked, it was good all around.

#28 Posted by SmashBrawler (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

It was fine, nothing special but nothing bad either.

#29 Edited by MuyJingo (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

It was a good story. I think the reason you may feel this way is because there have been so many absolutely fantastic stories recently in the Batman books a long with others that are still on-going and in comparison to these the Clayface arc may feel a little lame.

Actually I thought DOTF and the court storylines were horrible. Horrendous at times.

It's not that I think this story is that bad, it's just that it's so very very mundane. It's something that's been told 100 times before.

#30 Posted by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the backup in 19 and 20. Unfortunately, based on interviews with Greg Pak the upcoming title will focus on their antagonistic frienemies relationship rather than the "bromance" they have, which is a shame as I thoroughly enjoy the latter. As for the Clayface story? Eh.

I actually enjoy the former one, Bruce trying to be bromantic always comes off as weird. And considering it takes place in their early years and their clashing personalities, untrusting nature it makes sense.

#31 Posted by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Well if you're a Batman fan now then you can check it out, its the best representation of the character outside of comics.

#32 Posted by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Oh, I'm sure. You would not believe the backlog of things I've been told I need to go watch/read since joining this site, haha.

#33 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

after the greatness that was the court of owls and then the death of the family. there was really nowhere to go but down lol but with that being said I enjoyed it. it was simple. batman had a villain and had to defeat that villain. it was a nice story. nothing great but it wasn't bad at al....on another note am I the only one who reads batman comics and uses kevin conroy as batmans voice??

#34 Posted by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Oh I believe you, the comicvine community is very helpful when it comes to suggesting something to others. :D

#35 Posted by akbogert (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: That it is. Admittedly, I'm most likely to go back and watch Teen Titans & Young Justice first. And the X-Men cartoon which had that super awesome opening theme.

#36 Edited by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: X-Men Tas is one of the best shows of 90's, I loved it. And TT was awesome too but I found YJ average, the animation and action are great but the plot is too complex(in a bad way) and too many loose ends.

#37 Posted by kilomac29 (321 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was cool. I really liked seeing one of Batman's more mundane villains getting a bit of an upgrade and doing something cool. I really want a riddler story, especially a riddler like Snyder wrote him in DotF. He was super intelligent and would be a challenge for Bats'.

#38 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Yeah it does make sense, I just prefer them being pals. And I think the awkwardness of their relationship is part of the charm.

#39 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

- No, it was just filler.

- Additionally, Snyder's run is inane drivel as far as i'm concerned anyway.

#40 Posted by Joelislegend (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Blah read 19 didn't even bother with 20.

Total crap.

#41 Edited by Lady_Shadow (31 posts) - - Show Bio

It was whatever. I liked the reference to the Batman Beyond Costume.

#42 Posted by ScarletBatman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

People are way too critical here. It was a good story, especially for the amount of space it was given. There's not much Snyder can do right now. It's either dark/sad/depressing/rage as Bruce deals with the death of his son or simpler stories where Bruce can get back to basics and try to forget his pain.

#43 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

It was dumb. I don't know why it was rate 4 stars.

#44 Posted by nightwingnerd (322 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it it was good not as good as Night of the Owls or DOTF but I really enjoyed it.