Did any of you liked The Dark Knight Strikes Again?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

Did you like it? I thought it was horrible.From the art to the story everything was bad!

If you liked it could you please tell me why?

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By chalkshark

Are we talking about the sequel to Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns? If so, then... no. I did not care for it. While it's unlikely that any continuation could have lived up to the hopes and expectations of the fan base (see also Star Wars & Watchmen prequels), there was a severe tonal shift in the material that made it too incongruous with the Dark Knight Returns. It was less a story about Batman and more a travelogue of the DC Universe, answering "Whatever Happened To" questions regarding DC's Silver Age line of characters. Some of that stuff was interesting... I particularly liked the Atom's tale.. but overall, it was superfluous, and came across like fan service. The character assassination of Robin and the Elongated Man seem particularly mean-spirited.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Hahahahahaha. Worst comic ever made. EVER. It might as well have been piles of dog crap thrown onto white paper and written by Helen Keller. So no, I did not like it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

It was a let down but I have read far worse comics, I'm looking at you AVX

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skewer

When I first heard about it I thought the hatred was overhyped and that it couldn't be as bad as its made out to be, then I read it and I gotta say it really is that bad and the fans are not exaggerating.

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nightwing4

I felt it incorporated too many drastically altered characters to be a tight compelling storyline. I could have done without shapeshifting joker Dick Grayson, as well. He is the equivalent of what X-Men Origins did to Deadpool. But even worse.

neale7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By neale7

I think i'm the only one who does like it. I like the overall story. The breaking out of the atom and flash. The beat down superman gets from the other heroes. Superman realising batman was right, and that taking drastic action is the only way forward. Hal Jordan's return at the end. I like the art too. Yes it's very different to the dark knight returns but i think that is what makes its cool. I think if Dark Knight Strikes Again would have been released say 2-4 years after DKR, i don't think people would have that much of a problem with it. But being that it was done 15years later, and having many great batman stories inbetween that shaped the character even more, people took a dislike to this story.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By z3ro180

I don't like any of frank millers comics. But his movies are pretty badass

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By Inverno

That was the start of Frank Miller's insanity. I sorta liked the first issue when I first read, but looking back, that was the least worst from the three. The book itself is just as bad everyone claims it is.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

@CaioTrubat said:

That was the start of Frank Miller's insanity. I sorta liked the first issue when I first read, but looking back, that was the least worst from the three. The book itself is just as bad everyone claims it is.

Implying Frank Miller wasn't always insane.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Decoy Elite

I like the part where Plastic Man turns into a toilet and flushes someone down himself.  

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By Inverno

@InnerVenom123 said:

@CaioTrubat said:

Implying Frank Miller wasn't always insane.

Well, that means it was becoming apparent to everyone at that point. ASBAR really close the deal and convinced everyone Frank Miller was cuckoo.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal19

I didnt even like the first one. So, i definitly wasnt going to get the second

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FatihBATMAN

I like it! im reading the first one now! wanna read it before watching it!

Avatar image for kaisermarvel343
KaiserMarvel343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was awful follow up to the Dark Knight returns. The writing was akward, the plot was confusing, and the characters were dull. The worst part is the M. Night Shyamalan twist at the end of the story. This was horrible garbage. Frank Miller, i hope DKIII is better.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the first parts are good, but in the end the story becomes really confusing.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice three year resurrection.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RustyRoy

Never read it, heard enough about it for not to touch it.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's trash.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was actually really great. The satire wasn't quite as biting and edgy as before, but still decent. Not to mention it probably has the single greatest portrayal ever of Plastic Man. And Captain Atom was freakin' awesome. It had imagination, even if flawed execution.

I liked it mostly because I didn't have any preconceived notions about what it was supposed to be, I just took it as it was.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it amusing as a type of satire. I didn't take it seriously, and I will say that the artwork was bad, and the plot was a bit jumbled up.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I might've, if I could understand what I was reading, lol books a mess

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't read it until after issue one of the Master Race. I was pretty confused so I read it as a prequel.

I already hated the art and knew the story and writing was convoluted so I just enjoyed as fulfilling back story

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Its okay, the artwork is kind of an eyesore though, I guess they were being experimental but it kinda' looks dated and rough now.

I liked that It was unpredictable and had a lot of energy, like people have said it can be amusing at times.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I liked the concept, but the execution and the art were awful.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it just not a fan of the art

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in Kuwait, and was hyped for it, My ex wife was sending the book for me and my best friend, we were looking forward to it. Believe it or not, it made that hot, nasty place that much worse lol

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I didn't think it was as entirely terrible as everyone has made it out to be, but at the same time too many people expected it to be a step up from TDKR, and that wasn't happening. ....the artwork was terrible though, haha

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in Kuwait, and was hyped for it, My ex wife was sending the book for me and my best friend, we were looking forward to it. Believe it or not, it made that hot, nasty place that much worse lol

Why were you in Kuwait...??

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

for both books the art and the media commentary bothered me , a lot.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: I was there doing military exercises/keeping Hussein from getting stupid before the 2002 Iraqi Freedom war.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: I was there doing military exercises/keeping Hussein from getting stupid before the 2002 Iraqi Freedom war.

Then why were you reading stupid comics...??? You could have gotten something more meaningful from your wife, like a Batman and Robin dvd..

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: lol Believe it or not, we DID have a few DVD players in certain tents, but this was far back enough that Buffy the Vampire Slayer the Musical was just then a big thing. So no Batman and Robin dvd's yet.

Also, something we swore an oath to back then, "what happens in the desert, stays in the desert' ;)

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I do not like Dark Knight Strikes Again.