#1 Edited by manofsteelrulez (36 posts) - - Show Bio

In the new Batman reboot I'd love to see Deathstroke as the villain.I know the new Batman movie isn't going to be an origin story and shows Bruce Wayne in his 2nd year as Batman and with him hitting down all the criminals,I would love to see Deathstroke hired to kill him.I know he isn't a Batman villain but it would be a great change.I'd leave the Joker for a sequel or Justice League movie.Just to let you know also I've had Idea for over a year now so I'm not just thinking this because of Arkham Origins.What do you think?

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like that if they made it a trilogy featuring Dick Grayson. I actually wrote out my idea for it in a blog once, basically you start the movie with Dick's parents dying and Bruce taking him in then in the first say 20 minutes you get to Dick discovering Bruce is Batman then you jump ahead a few years to show a now fully trained Dick as Robin and then the movie really gets going. Second movie you have a rift build up between Batman and Robin that culminates in Dick quitting. Then for part 3 you introduce him as Nightwing and have Deathstroke as the villain and he forces Dick to swallow his pride and ask Batman for help.

I had a bit more detail in my blog but thats the gist.

#3 Posted by batmannflash (6187 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I've thought about that. In the first movie, they should introduce Dick Grayson as Robin with Batman facing off Deathstroke (or insert a different villain: Clayface, Poison Ivy). Introduce Barbara Gordon as Jim's daughter (but not as Batgirl).

Make a spinoff Nightwing movie with frequent appearances from Batgirl.

#4 Posted by Teerack (5323 posts) - - Show Bio

I could be cool. A smart Batman reboot would just start up once Batman is already Batman. We don't need another movie explaining how he has dead parents. It should just start.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

It actually annoys me a great deal that DC has completely ignored the Nightwing/Deathstroke rivalry. For 2 decades Slade was Dick's arch nemesis and then suddenly its just tossed out the window and then the new 52 comes in and its gone all together.

#6 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

DS should be one of the main villain of Batman in the comics, not only in the reboot. Of course, Batman has Bane, and the Wrath (we will see his return tomorrow in Det Com), but would be great anyway.

#7 Posted by RustyRoy (10860 posts) - - Show Bio

DS should be one of the main villain of Batman in the comics, not only in the reboot. Of course, Batman has Bane, and the Wrath (we will see his return tomorrow in Det Com), but would be great anyway.

True, he'd make a great Batman villain. And I've saying this long before AO was announced, Slade should be the next Batman villain. Batman should be fighting crimes for 2-3 years and Dick shouldn't be in the first movie, his origin should be saved for the sequel.

#8 Posted by manofsteelrulez (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I want to see Nightwing in the new Batman reboot also but I would leave it for a sequel.If you introduce Dick Grayson 20 minutes into the first movie, the audience might focus on him more than Batman.And most Batman movies have a tendency for making the audience focus on someone else that isn't Batman.

#9 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see that

#10 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5868 posts) - - Show Bio

Villains Id like to see Deathstroke, Bane, andMr Freeze. To soon for another Joker and they might not be as good as Ledger.

#11 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

And Hush or Strange? :O

#12 Edited by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

Just some speculation here. I realize it's totally unrealistic, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I would actually be completely fine if JGL took over the Batman mantle and assumed a sort of "Dick Grayson as Batman" role. Obviously this would suggest that the new universe is tied to the Nolanverse. That being the case, there are some things people would have to live with. For one, Batman wouldn't be Bruce Wayne. This would be a tough pill for many people to swallow. Secondly, you have this guy who's legal name is "Robin" who has little to no ties to any comic book continuity. That's also a biggie. If Nolan would have simply named him "Dick" or "Tim" - many fans would be more open to this.

The positives however would be intriguing. You open the door to possibly having Gary Oldman and/or Michael Cain returning in support roles. More importantly, this would force WB to be more creative in coming up with new villains and stories. My biggest fear is we're going to get a redundant Batman movie that tries to do Begins all over again (à la The Amazing Spider-Man). This change would also give us a Batman that's a little more open and social than Bale's brooding/growling version. Furthermore, it pretty much guarantees that we don't get remakes of Joker, Bane, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Two-Face, and Ras right away. Deathstroke, Court of Owls, KGBeast, Clayface, Deadshot, etc. all become real possibilities now. This would be a very good thing and enable us to view entirely different movies.

As much as some people on the Vine hate the Nolanverse, tying JGL and the established trilogy to Man of Steel and JLA would establish instant credibility with the movie-going public. In short, you've got a guaranteed number of butts that will fill the theater on top of your normal comic book crowd.

Here's why it won't happen though: us. There's a part of me that wonders if the JGL as Batman "leak" that happened a few months ago was by design to hear the Internet's reaction. All in all I think the comments were pretty mixed, and that's not good enough. There are simply too many fans who feel a movie won't be good unless it closely mimic what they're reading in their comic magazines or the holy grail known as BATMAN TAS. This is a very vocal minority true, but it's one that WB listens to. So that means we'll probably get a new Bruce Wayne, a new Joker, a new Commissioner Gordon, and a new Catwoman. And instead of getting new stories, we'll get a regurgitation of what we've seen several times on the screen already.

We'll have to see.

#13 Edited by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

no way deathstrokes not a bats vIllaIn. i personally would love to see black mask in a movie or mr freeze. i think a whole gang war movie would be great like movie one you got black mask and joker movie 2 you got penguin and 2 face and movie 3 they are all at war and batman has to stop em

#14 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe having an small role and getting bigger, but Deathstroke should be villain on movies like JL or other where he can show he is a huge villain and how important he is.

I mean i like more the idea of a JL movie having several villains for every single member and him being the Batman villain, that one with another random alien invasion.

#15 Edited by randomsuperuser (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is not a Batman villain and I hate that their trying to turn him into one with things like Origins. Though I don't mind him being playable in a game, he's badass. If they plan on putting him in a movie, it just has to be a Teen Titans one or Nightwing.

#16 Posted by Al_capOWN (530 posts) - - Show Bio

reboot when? I havent heard anything about this, oh wait you mean 10 years from now? Ok.

#17 Posted by randomsuperuser (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see different villains in a new Batman movie. It'd be awesome to see Black Mask or Hush. Oh and the REAL version of Bane.

#18 Posted by RustyRoy (10860 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is not a Batman villain and I hate that their trying to turn him into one with things like Origins. Though I don't mind him being playable in a game, he's badass. If they plan on putting him in a movie, it just has to be a Teen Titans one or Nightwing.

There won't be a TT or Nightwing movie for at least the next 10-15 years, and out of the JLers Batman fits him the best, he already feels like a Batman villain and DC seems to be pushing this idea.

#19 Posted by randomsuperuser (27 posts) - - Show Bio
@rustyroy said:

@randomsuperuser said:

There won't be a TT or Nightwing movie for at least the next 10-15 years, and out of the JLers Batman fits him the best, he already feels like a Batman villain and DC seems to be pushing this idea.

I know it won't happen any time soon. I just meant it would be right to have Deathstroke in a TT movie rather than a Batman movie. Also fans of Batman have a long list of villains from his rogues gallery we'd prefer to see in a reboot over Deathstroke.

#20 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

DS would be great in a Batman movie..Slade is a perfect villain for Batman.

#21 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

He's already in Arrow. I say they leave him there, or save him for a Justice League movie. For Batman, I want to see Hush.

#22 Posted by Outside_85 (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly... As a TT fan, I don't like this idea, at all. Save Deathstroke for the first TT movie (if we ever get one... considering the cartoon, it would be wisest), if you need someone like him in your Batman movie you already have KGBeast and Deadshot.

#23 Posted by Black_Claw (2886 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly... As a TT fan, I don't like this idea, at all. Save Deathstroke for the first TT movie (if we ever get one... considering the cartoon, it would be wisest), if you need someone like him in your Batman movie you already have KGBeast and Deadshot.

This

#24 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, maybe could return a villain very similar at Deathstroke...KGBeast...would be awesome.

#25 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

I am the only person that belives Deathstroke is too big of a villain to be in Arrow or a TT movie?

JL, since they dont need to work another alien invasion i mean, Superman by itself can stop that.

#26 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

For a JLA movie, would be great Prometheus ;)

#27 Posted by RustyRoy (10860 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe having an small role and getting bigger, but Deathstroke should be villain on movies like JL or other where he can show he is a huge villain and how important he is.

I mean i like more the idea of a JL movie having several villains for every single member and him being the Batman villain, that one with another random alien invasion.

I like the idea.

#28 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I like the idea.

Thank you, i have found a good number of people that really want thiw movie not to be another Alien invasion.

#29 Posted by richardjohngrayson (414 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like that if they made it a trilogy featuring Dick Grayson. I actually wrote out my idea for it in a blog once, basically you start the movie with Dick's parents dying and Bruce taking him in then in the first say 20 minutes you get to Dick discovering Bruce is Batman then you jump ahead a few years to show a now fully trained Dick as Robin and then the movie really gets going. Second movie you have a rift build up between Batman and Robin that culminates in Dick quitting. Then for part 3 you introduce him as Nightwing and have Deathstroke as the villain and he forces Dick to swallow his pride and ask Batman for help.

I had a bit more detail in my blog but thats the gist.

That is an awesome idea, bro.

#30 Posted by RustyRoy (10860 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I like the idea.

Thank you, i have found a good number of people that really want thiw movie not to be another Alien invasion.

Yeah alien invasion has been overdone. Btw what would you like to see in a JL movie?

#31 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I like the idea.

Yeah alien invasion has been overdone. Btw what would you like to see in a JL movie?

Luthor as president, he can send all the villain heck even see the Suicide Squad, you can bring the other guys into Gotham, also people belive he has to act like Black Widow and Hawkeye even when those guy are side kicks in Avengers, Batman is more like Nick Fury, make him the brain of the whole operation would work better, keep him in Gotham then Luthor send villains for him and he beat the crap of those guys, also remember that all the guys with power have weakness, just make Luthor use them and then Batman can save the day becuase the fact he haves no power = he haves no weakness, also it would help the fact he would act in the shadows.

It wuld also work with internal conflicts about the fact Batman would team with them but it would never be a team member, he was helping because he had too, also i would hate to see Darkseid.

#32 Posted by RustyRoy (10860 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I like the idea.

Luthor as president, he can send all the villain heck even see the Suicide Squad, you can bring the other guys into Gotham, also people belive he has to act like Black Widow and Hawkeye even when those guy are side kicks in Avengers, Batman is more like Nick Fury, make him the brain of the whole operation would work better, keep him in Gotham then Luthor send villains for him and he beat the crap of those guys, also remember that all the guys with power have weakness, just make Luthor use them and then Batman can save the day becuase the fact he haves no power = he haves no weakness, also it would help the fact he would act in the shadows.

It wuld also work with internal conflicts about the fact Batman would team with them but it would never be a team member, he was helping because he had too, also i would hate to see Darkseid.

That's a great idea.

#33 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Anything that means DC The Avengers for me is a complete failure, DC has more and better villains that Marvel, so i dont see any reason using the same plot.

#34 Posted by entropy_aegis (14214 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman already has Wrath,Bane and Deadshot.He doesn't need Deathstroke in his rogues gallery,I would love to see Wrath,Penguin and Deadshot as villains.

#35 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, for Batman, Deadshot is always was a villain too simple to beat..I expect a lot from Wrath...together at Bane, the second anti-Batman.

#36 Posted by manofsteelrulez (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: Jesus Christ himself could be play the Joker and he wouldn't play him as good as Heath.Heath Ledger performance could never be beaten as the joker.

#37 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5868 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by k4tzm4n (36394 posts) - - Show Bio

I think having Black Mask employ Deadshot or Deathstroke is totally practical.

Staff
#39 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Have we exhausted all the classic Batman villains in film already?

Sooo... You guys are cool with Jim Carrey's Riddler? Or Uma Thurman's Ivy? Or Arnie's Freeze?

I think all of these characters deserve filmic justice before you start taking villains from other books.

Deathstroke works in Origins because the Arkham series has already used most of Batman's villains, there's room to branch out, and it fits the premise really well.

#40 Edited by Justthatkid (2699 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by randomsuperuser (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@justthatkid: He's mostly a Teen Titans villain and then Green Arrow. For GA I'd like to see Count Vertigo, the real version with powers, not the drug dealer he was made to be on Arrow. And Onomatopoeia!

#42 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also like to see Deathstroke having more appearances in Batman comics.