DC's version of the Illuminati

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Marvel the Illuminati is composed of the world's most brilliant, influential and powerful figures in the planet. The group feel with their intellect/abilities they have the right to secretly police and govern the Earth. They typically deal with threats the world can never know about and make morally hard decisions. To get a feel of the roster, the team is composed of Tony Stark, Mr. Fantastic, Black Panther, Dr Strange, Beast, and Namor. There are more though

My question is who do you feel would be a good fit for this team in the DC universe. Remember the team does have to consist of genius intellect individuals as well as powerhouses and whose personalities and temperament would fit with these views and goals. Naturally Batman is part of this group lol. But who else do you see joining this organization?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke. John Constantine.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Batman, Superman, Mr Terrific, Amanda Waller, Steel, Steel and Dr Fate.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Meh, I'd prefer an evil version of the Illuminati myself. Marvel's version doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

As for who would be members of it:

Dr. Sivana

Prof. Hugo Strange

Lex Luthor

I'll keep thinking of some more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: don't you think superman is a little overpowered for this team lol

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@jayc1324: He's no more powerful than Doctor Strange or Fate. I think...

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

Batman

Zatanna

Mr. Terrific

Aquaman

Martian Manhunter

Beata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, Martian manhunter, Doctor Fate, Mr Terrific, Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman

Lex Luthor

John Constantine

Martian Man Hunter

Amanda Waller

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor, Amanda Waller, Bruce Wayne, Ted Kord, Michael Holt, Ray Palmer, and Oliver Queen.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@ultrastarkiller: don't you think superman is a little overpowered for this team lol

I don't think Superman is overpowered for the team but based on his temperament and personality I don't see him joining, he's always been a more public figure. He'd probably argue with Bruce of the morality of such a cloak and dagger organization.

My line-up would be:

1) Batman (strategist/founder): Bruce would serve as the master tactician and strategist, coordinating with other members to deal with extreme threats. He is very well-connected with the superhero community and most likely compiled enormous amounts of data on superhumans, powerful organizations, genius-level masterminds and dangerous operatives. Batman would be responsible for theoretical countermeasures for such threats. Having witnessed firsthand the devastation caused by the denizens of Apocalypse, would continue to study how to best combat them. Also would head a research project of developing an advanced surveillance and data compiling tech.

2) Lex Luthor (leader/founder): Delineates clear objectives for the Illuminati. Would head advanced weapons research and development, procuring advanced tech from other scientists as well as examining alien technology. Extremely well connected and political, Luthor would monitor agendas and insert spies on each nations' governments including the United States. Like Batman he would devise ways of dealing with the dangers of super-powered beings. Lex and Batman would frequently clash on decisions made as well as authority

3) Aquaman (ambassador/recon): As king of Atlantis and the seas he would represent the interests of the Atlanteans and address issues and needs for his community to other members of the Illuminati. Would allow access to Atlantean tech and is responsible for monitoring threats in the Earth's oceans as well as gather resources that would benefit the group.

4) Dr. Fate (expert in the mystical arts and supernatural): Leading expert and master of magic. Dr. Fate would serve as a consult on dealing with threats and entities of a supernatural or magical nature.

5) Mr Terrific (scientist): He would be responsible of devising tech to conceal their activities. Has actually traveled to Earth 2 he would represent the interests and issues of the people of Earth-2. Responsible for quantum tunnel travel between the two Earths when the need arises as well as head the study of multiple universes.

6) Green Lantern Sinestro (Extraterrestrial expert): Having controlled his whole sector and traveled to multiple alien worlds, Sinestro would be the leading expert on alien life in the team. He would provide information on dangerous alien civilizations and those capable of interstellar travel and therefore have the potential to invade Earth. Sinestro would consult on matters relevant to the capabilities and weaknesses of the more powerful alien species.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91: awesome and very well thought out lineup!

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91: That's pretty good, never would of guessed Sinestro lol.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tec79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tec79

Batman

Aquaman

Ras Alghul

Lex Luthor

John Constantine

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis

Mister Terrific

Dr Fate

Aquaman

Wonder Woman

GL Alan Scott

The Chief

Will Magnus

Batman wouldn't join a group like this unless he was he was the top dog,which is unlikely.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Luthor, Waller, Zatanna, Terrific, Aquaman, and maybe Martian Manhunter.

I think that's the best lineup if you want a team with expertise in different fields and the capacity to work together; the second consideration would eliminate people like Constantine, Caulder and Magnus.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Waller YES,her as well,cant believe I forgot.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Pre-New 52 it would have been:

• Batman (An blend of Stark and Black Panther)
  • Aquaman (Ruler of the Seas)
  • Dr. Fate (Master of Magic)
  • Ray Palmer (Science)
  • Martian Manhunter

New 52:

No Caption Provided

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By algorhythm511

Most likely:

• Bruce Wayne (Founder/Strategy/Intel Analysis)
  • Amanda Waller (Government)
  • Will Magnus (Science)
  • Aquaman (Naval Strategy/Relations)
  • John Constantine (Occult/Anti-Hero Mindset)
  • GL Sinestro (General Extra Terrestrial Relations)
  • Oliver Queen (Common Man)
  • WW (Amazon Relations)
  • Barry Allen (Meta Human Relations)

I would include Lex, but he may have too many conflicts of interest on the team. This is how I would think a DC Illuminati would work, not exactly how the original Marvel Illuminati is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Doctor Fate/Zatanna (Magic Powerhouse)

Aquaman (Ruler of the seas)

Wonder Woman (Princess and Demi Goddess)

Superman (Physically Strongest Being on Earth with great intellect and also has secret base with Alien Tech)

Batman (Money, Human Tech and Human level Peak Skills Powerhouse)

Animal Man and Swamp Thing (Connected to Green and Red)

Lex Luthor (Genius and Tech and Power)

Green Lantern (Protector of sector)

Mister Terrific (3rd in greast Intellect in the Earth)

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91: This list was pretty damn good, great job.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My version would go more like this. It's probably too powerful compared to marvel's illuminati, but whatever. I know I have some villains on the team, but this is just my way of an anti-hero group.

1. Batman - Genious, billionaire, waynetech equipment, waynetech satelites, batman incorporated, master strategist, shit ton of recources etc etc....

2. Lex Luthor - lexcorp, technology, power suit, genious, shit ton of recources around the world etc etc..

3. Cyborg - connected to all surveillance and computers all around the world, tech guy, mother box etc etc....

4. Mr.Terrific - genious level intellect, cannot be tracked by other technology meaning that they are basicaly invisible against anyone.

5. Black Adam - Before he wielded the power of shazam (6000 years ago) he was a excellent military leader, he got chosen by Lex Luthor to be their leader in forever evil, wisom of solomon.

6. Aquaman - he has an entire army, shit ton of recources because he uses gold he finds in the ocean or on island unknown to man.

7. Dr.fate - Master of all magic forms, their magician obviously.

8. Amanda waller - she basicaly got unlimited recources due to her being backed up by the government, plus she is an excellent leader, but that's black adam's role.

9. Ra's Al Ghul - Unlimited recources, league of assassins, genious level-intellect and so on.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Justice League.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Thanks! This is a pretty good roster as well. The only one I couldn't see being there imo is Ra's Al Ghul. He's more an example of how a once morally good man becomes corrupted through time due to his longevity. While he has good intentions, his actions are blatantly evil. Also is Black Adam a straight-up villain or anti-hero?

Kinda want to see this now.. Maybe Batman makes it without the League or Batfamily knowing as a mean to keep the world balanced or something.

Yeah I'd definitely buy the book if DC ever decides to do this. I think the dynamic and tension between Bruce and Lex would be a lot of fun to see. I could see see a clash in ideology and philosophy on what the Illuminati should be between Batman and members like Lex and Sinestro since they have no qualms about killing.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91: I do believe that Black Adam is an anti-hero in the new 52, due to recent (Recent appearence) showings on forever evil he was a hero, he did say to ultraman that whenever someone tries to take over his world, he is going to defend it. I consider R'as al ghul an anti-hero, he does bad things for the sake of good.

Shyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Batman
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Black Adam
  • The Chief
  • Aquaman
  • John Constantine