#1 Posted by MasterDetective (833 posts) - - Show Bio

he has been trained since he was born, and thus is extremly smart, skilled and strong for a 10 year old boy

I believe that he if had reached Batman's age, he would have been far superior in everything to the Robins and of course, Bruce

das all

#2 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree

#3 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

*nearly posts something*

*stops*

*remembers that the OP is the same person who said that Batman should be black to make him more of a Dark Knight*

*backs away slowly*

#4 Posted by Jayc1324 (12227 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree. He was no where near as skilled as any of the other robins, and doesn't have the mentality to be batman and a true hero. He's good but not that good

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (42244 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree.

#6 Edited by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

He may be qualified but he lacked the severe drive and unshakable moral nature necessary to be Batman.

#7 Posted by toplel (917 posts) - - Show Bio

You can have all the smarts, skills and strength and you would still not be Batman. His compassion and immensely sacrificial and altruistic nature make him Batman; his drive to protect the innocent. Its something innate that you cant simply acquire.

#8 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6174 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch Epilogue and pretend Waller is talking to Damian and not Terry

#9 Edited by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is not generally portrayed as the most compassionate of individuals, but he doesn't do what he does just to beat up criminals and avenge his parents: He genuinely wants to make the world a better place, hence why he spends so much time and money as Bruce Wayne improving Gotham through legitimate means, such as through charities, youth groups, schools, clinics, etc.

Damian lacked that compassion. While he became a vegetarian in his later days, I can speak from experience when I say that it's a lot easier to feel compassion for animals than humanity. Damian was raised by assassin's, and he's lived in Gotham. He saw some of the worst scum the world had to offer, just like Batman, just like the other Robin's.

But Batman, Dick, and Tim saw the worst and said, "If this is how far we can fall, imagine how high we can soar."

Damian saw the worst, and just like Jason, said, "If this is how far we've fallen, what's the point?" He gave up. He tried to be better, to see the world as a better place, like his father, but when push comes to shove, Damian see's the world very differently. Batman knows the darkness is there, he immerses himself in it in order to keep the creatures of the night back so that those in the light can walk safely. Damian was born in the darkness, molded by it, the light isn't blinding, it doesn't even exist to him.

The result is that for all his talents, he simply couldn't be a better Batman than Batman himself.

#10 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense, but...you're a troll? -.- Anyway, nope, Nightwing will never be better than Bruce. It's not about the physical abilities (well, in martial arts skills, Batman outperforms Nightwing.. a lot), indeed Nightwing is really fast and agile (well, he is not strong like Bruce anyway...at all), but it's about of the mind, of the genius. Batman is one of the most smart person in the world, Dick can just dream to have his intellect, as a scientist, engeneer, strategist and detective. So, at the end of day, Batman outperforms Nightwing in everything.

#11 Posted by Bruxae (13870 posts) - - Show Bio

Training does not equal more skill, some people are just born to be great, and Damian? He was born to die.

#12 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you. The predisposition to be the better, is wrote in the DNA. Bruce is better than Dick, also if Dick started to train himself before than Bruce.

#13 Edited by The_Tree (7464 posts) - - Show Bio

He would've been the best, especially if he continued to follow the teachings of Bruce and Dick.

#14 Edited by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

He would've been.But he is dead. ;(

#15 Posted by MasterDetective (833 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense, but...you're a troll? -.- Anyway, nope, Nightwing will never be better than Bruce. It's not about the physical abilities (well, in martial arts skills, Batman outperforms Nightwing.. a lot), indeed Nightwing is really fast and agile (well, he is not strong like Bruce anyway...at all), but it's about of the mind, of the genius. Batman is one of the most smart person in the world, Dick can just dream to have his intellect, as a scientist, engeneer, strategist and detective. So, at the end of day, Batman outperforms Nightwing in everything.

why are you alking about nightwing?

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (12717 posts) - - Show Bio
@toplel said:

You can have all the smarts, skills and strength and you would still not be Batman. His compassion and immensely sacrificial and altruistic nature make him Batman; his drive to protect the innocent. Its something innate that you cant simply acquire.

Agreed, he can be the most powerful in terms of strength, skill and intelligence but Bruce always would be overall the best Batman just because Batman is who he really is, the others just see it as mask or a symbol or something else but to Bruce its who he really is. Although Damian's already the coolest Batman IMO.

@jayc1324 said:

I disagree. He was no where near as skilled as any of the other robins, and doesn't have the mentality to be batman and a true hero. He's good but not that good

At 10 he outclasses all the Robins. And you can't say he doesn't have the mentality to be a true hero, he was changing he's ways and he improved so much only in 1-2 years, so in the long run he would've made a great hero, maybe not as great as Tim, Dick or Bruce but a great one nonetheless.

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

(facepalm)

Sure.

Except for you know, Bruce f*cking Wayne.

Trolls (shakes head)

#18 Edited by RustyRoy (12717 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Training does not equal more skill, some people are just born to be great, and Damian? He was born to die.

Really? Bruce wasn't born great, he worked his way to greatness on the other hand Damian was the one created as perfect human, the one who was meant to be the best.

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@bruxae said:

Really? Bruce wasn't born great, he worked his way to greatness on the other hand Damian was the one created as perfect human, the one who was meant to be the best.

Except that Damian didn't watch his parents killed before his eyes. He didn't see a bat crash through is window. He didn't vow to become a Bat in order to fight injustice and prey the on the fear of the superstitious and cowardly criminals. You could put Superman in a bat-costume and despite his many obvious advantages over Bruce, he's still not a better Batman.

Damian, as much as I love the character, would just be another guy calling himself Batman. Just like Terry McGinnis, just like Dick Grayson.

They're not The Batman. They can't be. Bruce Wayne is Batman to his core.

Anyone who thinks that "Batman" is a title that can be improved by a "successor" has no idea what Batman is about. Simple as that.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (42244 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@bruxae said:

Except that Damian didn't watch his parents killed before his eyes. He didn't see a bat crash through is window. He didn't vow to become a Bat in order to fight injustice and prey the on the fear of the superstitious and cowardly criminals. You could put Superman in a bat-costume and despite his many obvious advantages over Bruce, he's still not a better Batman.

Damian, as much as I love the character, would just be another guy calling himself Batman. Just like Terry McGinnis, just like Dick Grayson.

They're not The Batman. They can't be. Bruce Wayne is Batman to his core.

Anyone who thinks that "Batman" is a title that can be improved by a "successor" has no idea what Batman is about. Simple as that.

True. I think in terms of skill, Damian would eclipse his father, but in terms of owing the mantle, and being the symbol of the Batman, he would fail like everybody who isn't named Bruce Wayne does.

#21 Posted by RustyRoy (12717 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Dude you didn't get me, read my other post, I said that Bruce is The Batman, but Bruce wasn't born great, he achieved greatness, on the other hand Damian's whole aspect was that he was created to be the perfect human.

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Ah yep, my mistake. I was going off the overall trend of the thread. Sorry about that.

My point still stands, just not directed at you

#23 Posted by RustyRoy (12717 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Yeah I agree with your point, the others see it just as a symbol or a mantle to be carried on but to Bruce its who he really is.

#24 Edited by consolemaster001 (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree.

#25 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, whatever

#26 Edited by Jayc1324 (12227 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Maybe I judged him on his past actions too harshly, yes he was changing his ways. But he never outclassed any of the robin IMO. Maybe he would've if he lived but he wasn't past them when he died

#27 Edited by lifeofvibe (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Actualy jason would be the best batman because all those g*d d*mn villians would be dead and gotham will live happily ever after

#28 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

he has been trained since he was born, and thus is extremly smart, skilled and strong for a 10 year old boy

I believe that he if had reached Batman's age, he would have been far superior in everything to the Robins and of course, Bruce

das all

I agree with this strongly. I also believe he will return !

#29 Edited by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterdetective, Damian would definitely be a more capable Batman than Bruce. However, Damian would be even better if he was black

#30 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

*nearly posts something*

*stops*

*remembers that the OP is the same person who said that Batman should be black to make him more of a Dark Knight*

*backs away slowly*

#31 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian a better Batman than Dick of course, but better than his father, hard to say...In the story set in a possible future, was the same Damian to say that he wasn't good like his father.

However, Damian had a really strong potential to be better than Dick, Tim, Barbara, Cassandra, in everything (less to be a better genius than Tim, because is again the best after Bruce) but now is dead so...too bad.

#32 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: It can't be improved as a title. But as an idea, it tends to run wild. All over the world and far into the future.

#33 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

He could of been a interesting Batman... not better the Bruce, but if he would of lived he would of for sure been the best Robin.

#34 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian was absolutely the best Robin of the all time.

#35 Edited by RustyRoy (12717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Outclassed in what? He was smarter, stronger, more skilled than any of the Robins at that age.

#36 Edited by Jayc1324 (12227 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: if you mean when they were each 10 then yeah Damian was the most skilled at 10. I meant that when he died they were all better than him. But if you gave them the skillet they had when they were 10 I agree Damian was the best, except Tim is smarter

#37 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

is there a batman between bruce and terry?

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a more effective Batman is not equivalent to being the BEST Batman, imo.

#39 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

Then what is?
BB

#40 Edited by dbatdog (541 posts) - - Show Bio

probably, no chance of seeing it now

#41 Posted by GeoKnowsBest (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Never liked Damian. I'm glad he's dead.

#42 Edited by Your_Friendly_Azn (314 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole long-haired emo version in Injustice: Gods Among Us ruined him for me.

#43 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

Then what is?
BB

Being really mad about losing your parents.

#44 Posted by w0nd (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

am I missing something? Who said anything about Dick or Nightwing? I thought this was about Damian.

#45 Posted by RustyRoy (12717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Tim isn't smarter than Damian, he cracked Tim's code, built a batmobile at 10, he was almost on par with Bruce and Tim at 10, he would've surpassed them by the time he reached 15.

#46 Edited by Jayc1324 (12227 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: That's nothing to what Tim has done. Tim has been stated as the smartest robin and best detective after batman. His intelligence is his greatest skill. It was stated in comics too as I said. Also batman and Tim drake are listed as geniuses and Damian, at 10, doesn't have the mental capacity to be anywhere near as smart as them.

#47 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Detective comics #666, read up plebians.

#48 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get threads like these. there CANNOT be a Better Batman THAN Batman Himself.

No Matter How you Look at it, BRUCE WAYNE is Batman. you can prefer Terry as a character, but He's still not a BETTER batman

No Matter How you Look at it, PETER Parker is Spider-Man. you could prefer Kaine as a character, But he's still not a BETTER spider-man

No Matter How you Look at it, BRUCE BANNER is The Hulk. you Can prefer Rulk as a Character, But He's Still Not a Better Hulk.

Do you see the point i'm trying to make?

#49 Posted by RustyRoy (12717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Sorry but I disagree, he's almost close to Tim and Bruce and that's just at 10 whereas Tim is close to 16-17, by the time he turned 16-17 he would've surpassed Tim and probably Bruce too.

#50 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11049 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get threads like these. there CANNOT be a Better Batman THAN Batman Himself.

No Matter How you Look at it, BRUCE WAYNE is Batman. you can prefer Terry as a character, but He's still not a BETTER batman

No Matter How you Look at it, PETER Parker is Spider-Man. you could prefer Kaine as a character, But he's still not a BETTER spider-man

No Matter How you Look at it, BRUCE BANNER is The Hulk. you Can prefer Rulk as a Character, But He's Still Not a Better Hulk.

Do you see the point i'm trying to make?

Yeah I see the point

Bruce Banner>Everyone

(jk)